• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batista/TNA - Is He Arrogant For Not Wanting To Join?

whoopin' ass

Championship Contender
Batista has said that TNA is not an option for him. It wasn't that long ago that Goldberg made similar comments. Do you feel these guys are arrogant about their worth and legacy in wrestling?

In both cases, their careers were relatively short and they received really good pushes with minimal talent. Remember, at one point Warrior was the top draw out there and everyone knew who he was. How do they expect the industry to improve without competition and how do you have competition without having some top talent in companies like TNA and ROH? I understand wanting to keep your reputation intact but do you think they are too full of themselves and about their place in wrestling history?

Maybe they just realize that the WWE is the top promotion and they want to work for the top promotion or nothing at all. Batista would be far and away more popular than ayone in TNA and would demand a salary to reflect that. Of course he isn't going to go somewhere where he may have to take a pay cut.

Not to mention he probably enjoys having his legacy intact and doesn't want to leave it in the hands of Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, or fucking Vince Russo.

15 months ago Batista was in the co-main event of Wrestlemania, defending the WWE Championship against John Cena in front of 71,000 people. I've heard reports he made half a million dollars for one night's work against Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23. If he came back to WWE tomorrow he'd be in the world title picture that night. It's a bit harder to go from that to 1100 people and playing second fiddle to Hogan and Bischoff and drawing 1/3 of the rating Raw does. I wouldn't call it arrogance at all.

I can't see how it can be called arrogance at all. For someone to be at the pinnacle of their business, and to be able to return there if they wanted (in Batista's case), why would they be content taking a dramatic step backwards? This is not a TNA bash, this is reality, TNA is miles behind WWE and always will be. Why would someone still capable of playing in the NFL be content to play Arena football? Why would a MLB player be satisfied to play Triple A ball? I can understand why it would be all or nothing for these guys, and I don't think it's arrogance at all.

15 months ago Batista was in the co-main event of Wrestlemania, defending the WWE Championship against John Cena in front of 71,000 people. I've heard reports he made half a million dollars for one night's work against Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23. If he came back to WWE tomorrow he'd be in the world title picture that night. It's a bit harder to go from that to 1100 people and playing second fiddle to Hogan and Bischoff and drawing 1/3 of the rating Raw does. I wouldn't call it arrogance at all.

Right, chances are Batista is easily set for life financially. So any return to wrestling would have to be purely for a love of the business. I guess he just doesn't love doing it that much :shrug:

Besides , I'm usually all for people jumping ship to TNA but I don't see Batista as a good fit for them anyway

The funny thing is these guys aren't Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, those were two guys who were huge and went over to the lesser company (at the time WCW was definitely behind) and they helped turn it around. Granted they did it for a significant amount of money, the fact that they were able to go over and be so successfully speaks volumes to how good they were in their primes. Goldberg will never be able to do that should he go to TNA and Batista is not nearly as big a name as he'd like to think he is (or maybe he knows that and doesn't want to be exposed). Kurt Angle had a lot of mileage left on him and he made the jump and isn't looking back any time soon and he was a bigger asset than batista imo.

Maybe they just realize that the WWE is the top promotion and they want to work for the top promotion or nothing at all. Batista would be far and away more popular than ayone in TNA and would demand a salary to reflect that. Of course he isn't going to go somewhere where he may have to take a pay cut.

Not to mention he probably enjoys having his legacy intact and doesn't want to leave it in the hands of Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, or fucking Vince Russo.

I wouldn't say Batista would be far and away more popular than anyone in TNA. There is this guy named Hulk Hogan who works there who I would argue is the third most popular wrestler alive after Cena and Rock.

Have you seen his muscle mass lately? Not so sure he could just came back tonight to the WWE. He'd have to get back in shape first.

I can't see how it can be called arrogance at all. For someone to be at the pinnacle of their business, and to be able to return there if they wanted (in Batista's case), why would they be content taking a dramatic step backwards? This is not a TNA bash, this is reality, TNA is miles behind WWE and always will be. Why would someone still capable of playing in the NFL be content to play Arena football? Why would a MLB player be satisfied to play Triple A ball? I can understand why it would be all or nothing for these guys, and I don't think it's arrogance at all.

I wouldn't say TNA will never be bigger than WWE. At one point at least for a little while WCW was bigger than WWE. TNA could get there one day. I can't see the future so I won't say they can't.

1) Like many people said already, he is was on the top of his game when he left and he could walk back into the WWE any chance he wanted. If WWE is MLB, TNA isn't even AAA yet, it is AA compared to the WWE. It is getting close to AAA but not yet.

2) Batista left WWE on good terms and I would assume still friends with Vince and HHH. Why would he back stab some of his friends and join the company that is trying to beat them.

3) He didn't say anything BAD about TNA with his quote. He said they have great talent and he respects them greatly, but he bleeds WWE. It isn't like he said...TNA is for no good losers or something like that. Plus he is just answering a question people have been asking him. It isn't like it came out of nowhere.

Def. not. From what former TNA stars say about the promotion, it's not a great place to work, and i can't say i blame Batista for not wanting to go.

He isn't arrogant because he doesn't want to work for another wrestling company. It's clear he wants to work outside of wrestling. I can't blame the guy for wanting to explore other options. Shooting down TNA isn't arrogant at all.

Meh who cares? Look if Batista would go to TNA it would be huge yes, but he has the right to go where he wants when he wants WWE, TNA, ROH. As long as he is happy he has the right to go anywhere he wants.

No it's not arrogance it's called loyalty. It's the same loyalty Sting has shown TNA. The only difference is he's still wrestling, they're not. It doesn't mean they won't again it just won't ve with TNA. I respect anyone doing what they want. Whether that's walking away, jumping ship, or staying with your company, they're doing what THEY want. And in the end, we may not agree but who are we, lol?

Batista isn't a young man anymore, and he never really was when he started out. However, he is still a hot commodity and relevant enough for any organization. I don't think it is arrogance for Batista or Goldberg to only want one last shot with WWE instead of TNA or another company. They are in no shape to tour 300 days out of the year. TNA couldn't offer them the money they wanted to wrestle a few dates out of the year.

Nothing against TNA, but they are the minor leagues compared to WWE. Batista hasn't burned any bridges in WWE and is still in decent shape to have one last run.

You pretty much said in exact words what i planned on saying so all i can add to that is Batista has been in the WWE he knows the ways of WWE and he knows that they are the best wrestling promotion and always will be! Why would he fall back to a company that cant even get a 2 rating?

Arrogance? Who are we to make that determination? I think that Batista was classy with how he handled it. Many other wrestlers on both sides of the fence have been total dicks about this sort of thing, so the fact that Batista showed respect for TNA and the wrestlers that work there, that says alot about his character as a competitor. The point is this: The wrestlers, like the fans, are allowed to pick and choose what and who are their faves in the industry. Batista is comfortable with WWE. It was his dream to work there and he still has ties to the company and can go back when he feels the need to a top paying spot on the roster. Good for him, he has that prerogative. Goldberg, on the other hand, was never a wrestler at heart. I understand that he loved performing in front of the crowds, he loved the pay, and he enjoyed the fan interaction. He also loved the freedom he earned at WCW when he was the top draw. His last run in WWE wasn't even close to what he wanted and to be honest, he should have been angry at the fact that he was fed to Triple H to make Trips bigger, just like 99% of the WCW roster that has made their way to WWE. At least Bill got a championship run out of it, unlike almost everyone else. So, Bill still has a bad taste in his mouth from his last run and the guy can draw, like him or not. Is he cautious? Yes. Is he going to make sure it is worth his while to get back in the ring again? Yes. That is also his choice to do so. He earned that right by being able to draw millions of dollars fro two companies. Like him or not, complain about his abilities all you want, but, as Arn Anderson said, "Goldberg was as hot as anyone in the industry has ever been. He had that "It" factor and put asses in the seats."

It's about if he despises wwe and VKM enough to go work for IMPACT WRESTLING and help them achieve the ratings to compete with the wwe at some point. Therefore sticking it to VKM. If he has no problem with the wwe and VKM he would be STUPID to take a pay cut imho

It might seem that way, but no. Batista was a top guy in the top company, making top dollar (probably a million+), and he left on good terms with (supposedly) an open invitation to return. On top of that, WWE was and is selling more tickets, selling more merchandise, more well known, more watched, better promoted. TNA has better pure talent IMO.

But really, with all that, how can be be called arrogant. If he wanted to go back, he'd be welcome in the top company and be more famous and better paid. It may look like arrogance, but it's really not.

It's not arrogance...it's destiny.

Seriously though, how does arrogance play a role? It only seems arrogant if you look at it like, "$500,000 a night in front of 71,000 people to 1/3 of that and x(since I don't know how many people fit into the impact zone). He simply doesn't want to work for another wrestler company. It's called loyalty. Is Sting arrogant for not wanting to work for Vince McMahon?

Batista is one of WWE's biggest stars. Going to TNA would lower his value, especially if he's misused. I don't blame him.

It's not arrogance it's preference, Batista prefers to not go to a promotion that is widely considered to be "second-rate" promotion/program; that is not me being a WWE mark that's me observing those both in and outside the company. They just simply don't see the value in moving to the promotion to further their careers. Their legacy is everything to them and there are many things that can kill that legacy in addition to themselves.

I think KB said it perfectly.

Why would Batista feel the need to go to TNA? That promotion is by far second fiddle to the WWE, and if Dave wanted to return to wrestling, WWE would resign him straight away, so there is no need for him to join a promotion with a tiny percentage of the WWE fanbase, for less money, with less exposure and that consistently make ex-WWE superstars look second rate.

Look at guys like Jeff Hardy, Booker T, RVD, Bobby Lashley etc, they just become "another guy" once they join TNA and dont look as special. The only ones TNA did well with were Kurt Angle, Christian and maybe Anderson

It's not arrogance, its preference. Batista knows his value, and if he decides to return it would be in the biggest promotion that want him, and it will be WWE. TNA would not benefit him in any way.

TNA is at odds with itself right now and has a hard time producing good shows along with drawing good ratings.

The potiential for them to knock WWE completely out of the ballpark is there, but it feels like they're content with being second rate and second best.

I don't think its a knock on TNA... even though he doesn't agree with WWE's current direction, He probably just feels some loyalty to the company that made him rich and famous (wouldn't you?). Plus its never a good idea to burn your bridges when it comes to employment, (which if he went to TNA, it might do). If MMA doesn't work out, he still wants that million dollar contract WWE will offer him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back