Batista "Big Announcement" Is......

Big Papa Santo

Ryder? I barely even know her!
Remember that "Big announcement" that Dave Bautista has been teasing for awhile now on his twitter? Me neither. But apparently its that he will be making his MMA debut for CES MMA in The Nations Capital on October 6th against.....

Rashad Evans!....Oh wait nevermind, I read that wrong. His opponents name is "Rashid" Evans. Bummer. Anyway,

Do you think that Batista could be the next big MMA/WWE crossover star?

No, but then again nobody thought Brock would do the things he ended up doing in his MMA career. The thing here is I think age is going to be a factor, he's starting a little too late. But I am glad that he has been taking his time and getting in some good training. We obviously can't say anything for sure until we see him in action and I'm not going to make any judgement on him after this fight if he wins. I want to see him against someone at the Strikeforce level before I say he's a failure or not, someone like Chad Griggs or Shawn Jordan would be a nice test after 2-3 fights against nobodys like this fake Rashad.

But if I could make a guess I will say that Dave has an MMA career similar to that of Bobby Lashley, he'll squash a few no names and maybe beat a UFC washout like Christian Morecraft but when he gets the elevated competition he'll have trouble. Should be fun to watch, I'd love to see him face Lashley but I think he's giving up on his MMA run, Bob Sapp would be a hilarious opponent.

No, but then again nobody thought Brock would do the things he ended up doing in his MMA career. The thing here is I think age is going to be a factor, he's starting a little too late. But I am glad that he has been taking his time and getting in some good training. We obviously can't say anything for sure until we see him in action and I'm not going to make any judgement on him after this fight if he wins. I want to see him against someone at the Strikeforce level before I say he's a failure or not, someone like Chad Griggs or Shawn Jordan would be a nice test after 2-3 fights against nobodys like this fake Rashad.

But if I could make a guess I will say that Dave has an MMA career similar to that of Bobby Lashley, he'll squash a few no names and maybe beat a UFC washout like Christian Morecraft but when he gets the elevated competition he'll have trouble. Should be fun to watch, I'd love to see him face Lashley but I think he's giving up on his MMA run, Bob Sapp would be a hilarious opponent.

I just recently started MMA religiously in about the last year so stay with me here, but I think that the major difference between Lesnar+Lashley and Batista is that the former two have amateur wrestling backgrounds, but Batista on the other hand is just a really big dude. When Lesnar came in there were all of those naysayers that went on and on about how Lesnar was a "Fake" Fighter who was now coming to do the real thing. But what they forgot to credit was the fact that he was an amateur wrestling standout. But perhaps that was something that he used to his advantage during his early MMA days as kind of a mind trick over his opponents. Same thing with Lashley, even though Lashley isn't ever near wear Brock was in terms of MMA star-power. The only thing that I see going for Batista is if he asks Cung Le for some help on the set of "The Man With The Iron Fists" :icon_mrgreen:

I am willing to check out how he does I mean he is a phoenominal athelete in his own right, and he was training pretty damn hard for this. I know theres a lot of hate towards batista but no one cares.... The age thing could play a factor but I think batista has a very good shot regardless. Think it will be interesting to see who he goes up against, I'm personally pulling for him.

No, but then again nobody thought Brock would do the things he ended up doing in his MMA career.

Brock was an NCAA Division 1 wrestling champion and an absolute freak of an athlete. Big Dave is neither of these things. He has to start from the ground up in every aspect of MMA. He's to old with to much ground to make up, he'll likely have two or three fights then call it a career. To little to late in my opinion.

For lol's, let's assume I am wrong and Dave comes out like a fucking bullet, destroying everybody in his path. He'll likely draw well, but nowhere near Lesnar numbers. Dave is about as interesting as a rock, one of the things that made Brock such a great draw was his personality. Without that, Dave won't be some huge star, he'll draw, but nothing mind blowing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back