• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baron Corbin's call up..

TheBadGuy92

Undertaker, If that is ur real name
I had an idea for Baron Corbin to be called to the main roster. After watching his match with Rhyno you could see he still has some skills to work on. So after Corbins post match interview where Rhyno interrupted and said "that was fun" got me to think why not make them a tag team? Similar to when bob holly tagged with cody Rhodes? They have the same brute force unstoppable machine gimmicks going, I know Corbins whole "lone wolf" story. I could see them as an APA type team, two guys that just like to beat people up. Maybe some backstage segment fights, a gimmick bar match? Rhyno keeps all the exposure off Corbins weaknesses and Corbin gives ol' Rhyno a rest in the ring. Thoughts? Comments? Maybe other tag team ideas or partners for either?!?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing it. I say give him a little more time first and determine whether or not he can get better and make it on his own. Only put him in a team with a vet like Rhyno if he needs it.

Corbin needs to stay in nxt for awhile still. The guy is so damn dull. Thoroughly not impressed with him, but given the time to learn, could end up becoming a solid performer

Personally I love Baron Corbin. I had a similar idea for a tag team. A trio actually. Rhyno, Bull Dempsey, and (drop the "Lone") Wolf Baron Corbin . Call them something like Wild Force, a name playing on the wild animal names

I also had the idea of Rhyno tagging with Bull Dempsey. I think they'd be a great tag team. Give Bull some exposure. He's too good to be jobbing/not on TV.

Baron Corbin is at least a year or more away from making the main roster, if he ever does. The guy is greener than grass, and has absolutely zero charisma to speak off.

His match up until recently have been done in under a minutes, and I've yet to even hear him say one word on the mic. He hasn't shown me at least that there is anything there to get invested in. He's tall, has a good finisher, but that could also apply too 98% of today's roster.

In this day and age to make it you have to stand out. Corbin right now doesn't, and it's going to take a long time, and they might have to repackage him in order for it to work. Just putting him on the main roster in a tag team isn't going to do it, and he'll find himself back in NXT in a New York minute.

Baron Corbin is at least a year or more away from making the main roster, if he ever does. The guy is greener than grass, and has absolutely zero charisma to speak off.

His match up until recently have been done in under a minutes, and I've yet to even hear him say one word on the mic. He hasn't shown me at least that there is anything there to get invested in. He's tall, has a good finisher, but that could also apply too 98% of today's roster.

In this day and age to make it you have to stand out. Corbin right now doesn't, and it's going to take a long time, and they might have to repackage him in order for it to work. Just putting him on the main roster in a tag team isn't going to do it, and he'll find himself back in NXT in a New York minute.

I agree with you on the first paragraph. The second paragraph is a little off; he has talked before , he's not too great at it at the moment, in his case less is more when it should come to promos. And the third paragraph kind of contradicts the second, you say he doesn't stand out, yet said he is tall and has an awesome finisher.. Those two things stand out to me. I think his presence alone makes him stand out. I'm not saying debut him Monday In a tag team with Rhyno, maybe an nxt team for that year you believe he should be there? Maybe Murphy and Blake drop the titles to Enzo and Cass then Rhyno and Corbin capture the titles for a long run sending the realist guys in the room to the main roster? (Off topic, but I enjoy them)

And the third paragraph kind of contradicts the second, you say he doesn't stand out, yet said he is tall and has an awesome finisher.. Those two things stand out to me. I think his presence alone makes him stand out. I'm not saying debut him Monday In a tag team with Rhyno, maybe an nxt team for that year you believe he should be there? Maybe Murphy and Blake drop the titles to Enzo and Cass then Rhyno and Corbin capture the titles for a long run sending the realist guys in the room to the main roster? (Off topic, but I enjoy them)

But he is tall, and does have a good finisher, and like I said in a roster full of tall guys with good finisher's that and a dollar will get him a cup of coffee. That alone isn't going to make him stand apart from the rest. That's really all the good I can say about him, as he's done nothing else to impress me. Must have missed him talking or it was very forgettable. He really needs to show a lot more than what he's done so far, which in my mind is nothing to get excited about.

I agree with the others as well. He's so fresh and green he wouldn't make it in the Main Roster. People would think his gimmick is boring. He'll just simply become a Royal Jobber like Jack Swagger who could put some decent matches.

Instead let him work in the NXT more, let him work long matches and yes tag team actions we'll never know what we will get in return!

Cheers!!

He needs to work on every aspect of his game before debuting on the main roster. Partnering him with Rhyno will get him over for a cup of coffee... until the fans realize he can't do much more than his End of Days. He's not ready in the slightest for a spot on the main roster... maybe if he improves over the next year, it would be something to think about but until than, he's better off in NXT.

Now Bull Dempsey is a different story. I thoroughly enjoy the guy although he may be little dull at times. I think he and Rhyno would make a bad-ass tag team on the main roster.

Fans these days see a guy who fits the mold of what a booker wants in a top star, and they ask "what else you got?". Rightfully so; the only way to truly get over on the crowd is to be unique on top of all the fun attributes a responsible booker expects.

I've heard Baron Corbin on the mic, he sounded like a dying cat. It was when Bull Dempsey came to the ring to be a distraction, which only served to upset Baron Corbin. You knew that Baron Corbin was upset, because he was pacing so furiously around the ring with the same dumbass expression of "whu?" on his face. Baron gets a microphone, and screeches out something resembling "Hey Bull, you want this!?"

Is it fair that such an example destroyed my faith in Baron Corbin? No, I'm a horrible person and I apologize. I'm so horrible that I notice his thinning hair everytime I see him, and I remember that being a horrible person makes me automatically assume that bald pro-wrestlers look stupid.

He doesn't invoke fear, excitement or intrigue as far as I can tell. The NXT crowd will react to him because I think they want the show to be successful more than the people who actually make the show. They already have Roman Reigns on the main roster, I only see Baron Corbin as a poor man's version of Roman Reigns.

Baron Corbin is green, right? He "can't" work, right? All he is a big guy, right? Aren't these all accusations thrown at guys like Reigns and Batista. Both of whom have main-evented Wrestlemania and were fantastic doing so. Batista went on to have a great career and Reigns is in the process of doing so.

Sure it is too early to compare Corbin to those guys but I'll be open minded. Women seem to like him which is a positive and he definitely has a presence.

I quite liked his match with Rhyno. The one with Neville wasn't that bad either. Bearing in mind he hasn't worked with a lot of the top guys on NXT, there will be greater opportunities for him. Wait till he wrestles Breeze, Balor, Owens and Zayn. Then we can see what he can truly do.

As for a call-up, it is probably a little soon. His gimmick is that he is a lone wolf but that doesn't have to remain. The WWE have enough of those type wrestlers. He could come in as part of a stable or as a bodyguard. Wouldn't putting him with The Miz get him over initially as a heel and then a baby. He could definitely do a job in The Authority and would be more intimidating than J&J but with more upside than Show/Kane. Indeed, wouldn't wrestling at live events in handicap matches and whatnot improve him immensely. Especially standing on the apron watching Kane or The Big Show.

Who knows if he will be a star but there are options for him in the long-run. He really doesn't seem as bad as many are making out and, in a weird way, maybe he would be better off on the main roster rather than NXT.

That will be a great tag team for NXT, they need more teams down there.. Not for the main roster though, Rhyno is there for NXT only and that's where he's staying to help these younger guys.

I think that by the time Baron Corbin is called up to the main roster, Rhyno will be done in the WWE.

If you watch Corbins matches and promos then you can see that the dude is nowhere near ready. The WWE and some fans are high on his looks but I also find those very poor. His face literally looks like its been ironed.

When time comes to bring him up to the main roster I would take a similar approach to his NXT debut. Have promo packages for him play on RAW and SD for a few weeks. Finally have him debut, WITH A MOTORCYCLE, and destroy a fan favorite mid card face.

I'd say two years down the line you have him debut against a guy who can carry most of the matches and make his finisher look good so my pick to debut him against is Dolph Ziggler or Kofi Kingston.

Yea, Corbin does have a nice finisher. But wwe should just be patient with him. Let him grow in nxt. Hes fairly new to wrestling, coming from the nfl as a 300lb o-lineman.

Currently i could care less about him.....but that doesnt mean he cant improve and change that.

I like Bull way more and hated how they basically propped him up just so he could job out to Corbin.

Bull>>>>>>>>>>>Corbin

I really like Corbin. I know he's still pretty green but I'd love to see him in the wyatt family of they reform or become some what of a new version of the undertaker. He has potential but might be better suited cooking to the main roster and joining someone in a tag team or body guard to learn from a veteran

Baron Corbin is green, right? He "can't" work, right? All he is a big guy, right? Aren't these all accusations thrown at guys like Reigns and Batista. Both of whom have main-evented Wrestlemania and were fantastic doing so. Batista went on to have a great career and Reigns is in the process of doing so.

Roman Reigns is currently Ambrose's sidekick (or Ambrose's bitch).. Don't get too ahead of yourself mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back