Balls Mahoney Passes Away at 44

RIP

The Anarchy Rulz '99 main event has always had a place in my heart.

A shockingly fun match. His career was completely dead once ECW died but the man was WAY better a worker than he was ever given credit, an accomplished amateur wrestler who could do matwork as well as he could swing a chair.

Gonna guess either heart attack or OD here
Man looked to be in horrible shape the last few years I'd seen him. Too young man.

He took Chris Candido's death harder than anyone. I believe they grew up together and remained very close friends all throughout their years in the business. It's actually quite amazing Balls lived so long after Chris died, let alone have a semi-successful run in WWE and made some good money. He really became a mess after he left WWE but seemed to keep chugging along as normal. Maybe it was Axl's death that sent him over the edge.

I agree with X as well... he was a good, underrated hand. Much more than anyone would ever think. The RVD match was incredible, definitely the highlight of his career.

I got to meet him once in IWAPR when I was a kid. Really nice guy. The guys who got to work with him down there had nothing but good things to say about him. Really sad to hear. He took such a beating through his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back