• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bad News Barrett retaining at Wrestlemania 31?

HurriKane

Occasional Pre-Show
I'm extremely excited for the ladder match at Wrestlemania, considering Ambrose, Bryan, Harper, (maybe Ziggler) R-Truth, and hopefully Sheamus will be in the same match I'm extremely excited for it. Now I know many will be hoping for Ambrose to or Bryan to get their Wrestlemania moment, but my question is how would you feel if Barrett actually retains his title at Wrestlemania. I'm not sure where they could go with Barrett if he does win, but I think it would be a great shocker if he does somehow keep his title. I for one would not be the least bit upset if he does win, considering if he does lose the title I don't see what they'd do with him after the fact. Since Daniel Bryan can easily go back to the main event, Dean Ambrose can feud with anybody, Dolph Ziggler can still feud with the Authority (I see a match with him in HHH on the horizon) so I myself would love to see Barrett somehow retain, and maybe even have a feud after Wrestlemania with Sheamus, or even a feud with him in Ryback could probably work.

So yea how do you feel about Barrett retaining his title at Wrestlemania?

When I heard it was a multiman ladder match one of the first things that popped into my head was BNB retaining in all of the chaos. Also I'm assuming that Reigns and Cena will win their title matches so there should be at least 1 retain, and this way they protect everyone involved.

As for my personal feelings I'm a fan of Barrett but I hate the way he's booked as IC champ, I have no idea why they have him job as often as he does especially to the lower card. And since I expect more of that as long as he's IC champ I can't help but hope he loses it at WM, which sucks since they can do better with him but that's unlikely at best.

As long as the match can be good given the superstars who have been in the IC belt hunt thus far, and as long as we can get a couple feuds coming out of the match, then I have no problem with BNB retaining.

However, I'd be more open to the likelihood of a Daniel Bryan or Dean Ambrose title win, because I am more confident in the WWE putting forward storylines for those 2 than they are likely to do for BNB, unless they are interested in making Barrett into a Top heel and would finally give him a push with the IC title rather than saddle it on him as a 'curse' instead.

I think the best thing to do for everyone is let Barret retain. Obviously little feuds are going to spawn from this ladder match so if you really wanted to elevate someone properly why not let them win in a one on one feud against Barret after Mania instead of winning a match that just has chaos left right and center. For example Dean Ambrose, I think it's safe to say he is a future main event wrestler in this company. One that will be on the top of the card for a lot of years, so if you really did want to push him, does it really make him look all that good beating 5-7 other superstars in a ladder match compared to beating Barret for the title then retaining it again and a again? I think the only benefit to take the title off Barret is to give that superstar an extra months reign.

I must say though I am really looking forward to this. Not the MITB which is good but it is a mutliman match that can have lot's of spots and makes the IC match a must watch now which is good for just the title itself. Hope it doesn't continue on in the traditions but it definately is a good change up for once. So much talent in this match it is going to be fun to see. A lot of guys having something to prove for the year up ahead it seems.

I think we see an era of Daniel Bryan holding the white strap and John Cena holding the US title for a little while to try and up the power the titles have. So, mark me down for a Daniel Bryan win.

I for one would not be the least bit upset if he does win, considering if he does lose the title I don't see what they'd do with him after the fact.

It's hard to figure, that's true. After all, in these past couple months, we've been presented with a champion who loses all his matches.....which, for some reason, are all non-title contests. (You would think Dean Ambrose would be objecting by now.....it's a good thing he's a lunatic who doesn't care about such things as championships).

Okay, so is the Barrett-as-loser program leading toward something? If it is, would the conclusion come at WM31 in the Ladder Match? If he keeps on his merry, losing ways until the big event, I wouldn't be surprised to see him retain his title simply because it's the type of thing that goes against all logic: if he can't beat one opponent at a time, how does he fare against a bunch of 'em, which includes some pretty big names?

Well, if the big names fight it out only with the other big names and eliminate each other, ol' Wade might be the sole survivor.

If this happens, what do they do with Wade after WM31? That's anyone's guess, but I still like to think of BNB as a winner.....and maybe his whole championship reign can take a step in the right direction after the big show.

By the way, if Sheamus is a part of this match, I think he might very well win it, just as a reward for.......well, returning.

I feel Barrett winning this match would just make everything leading up to it pointless. If they're plan is to make the title more relevant, that outcome sure wouldn't do them any favours. Why have someone, who keeps losing, win the title? It just wouldn't make sense.

It seems as if he is losing to verify Deans comments, when he basically said Barrett is an embarrassment to the championship & all the others who have worn it. Then, at WM, someone deserving (Dean, Daniel/Ziggler if they're in it, Sheamus if he ends up coming back before hand) win it. Then they can go on to defend, and win title matches. You know, actually treat the championship like a championship, and the champion like a champion. Make it a big deal.

One can hope.

It would be the wrong call, they clearly have no interest in doing anything with BNB. Ambrose is the guy who should be walking out of 'Mania with that title 100%. The guy hasn't won a PPV match since Payback for crying out loud. Meanwhile his Shield friends are main eventing.

As much as I'm a fan of Barrett, I want the title off him. It's been nothing but a hindrance to his career thanks to whatever possesses Vince McMahon to turn him into possibly the biggest jobber champion in wrestling history. Of the wrestlers in this match and/or look to be in this match, Bryan and Ambrose are the ones who have the only real chance of having a meaningful run as champion.

I'm sure it'll be a strong match, it's looking likely to be the match that steals the show as of right now in my opinion, but I personally feel that the match would be brought down by Barrett retaining. Barrett's time as champion has been brutal and it's painful to watch him used so poorly; his time as IC champ is a dead end and it's time to do something else with him. I think it makes the whole match seem kind of pointless to be perfectly honest. It's lousy to see him jobbed out left & right, but it'd be easier without being a champion. Move him up the card, job him out, put him in a tag team or something, just get the title off him.

I like the thought of Barrett retaining his belt at Mania actually. For a while, I wasn't really buying what Barrett was selling but since his return I have been mildly and cautiously impressed. Perhaps it is more to do with the fact that he is finally feuding with people who are genuinely interesting and fresh, but Barrett seems much more accomplished as of late. Playing the heel who keeps getting outdone by the faces of an interesting take on things certainly. And Barrett is playing that character to perfection. For once, the Intercontinental Championship looks like it means something to people.

I'm rooting for Ambrose in the ladder match, simply because I feel as though it would be good for his career and because he has been the best part of the ladder feud at this point in time. But I wouldn't be disappointed if Barrett finally claimed his Championship back at Mania. He needs to be legitimised just as much as Ambrose does and defending your Championship at Mania in a match like that would be a great career step for Barrett. And like I said, the more I see him, the more I am convinced that he can follow up his early career potential and be a main event guy once again.

There's mostly faces in this match so I don't see Bryan being in the match and the last spot falling to StarDust.

Barrett (c)
Ziggler
R Truth
Ambrose
Harper
StarDust.

With Bryan taking on Sheamus 1 on 1.

I don't think Stardust is walking out champ. Goldust will hinder his chances of winning furthering their feud.

Other than that it's pretty much anyone's title to take. But I think BNB will retain and walk out of Mania as champ. He's been booked to lose since he won the title which makes him look least likely to win it on paper. Which I think will be unexpected and the biggest 'shock' having the guy that can't beat anyone 1 on 1 beat 5 other guys.

If however he does lose his title. I can't really see much for him just now post wrestlemania. But I would like to see him feud with Orton again as that was his best feud (1on1 not including Nexus) and he always puts on a good match against Randy.

So I would like Barrett to retain or feud with Randy once he's finished with Seth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back