• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

B Round 1; 56 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Multiformat) v 73 The Sims 2 (PC)

?

• Oblivion

• Sims 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Gonna have to go with Oblivion here, simply because I've already supported the original Sims game, and the sequel doesn't really add too much to it.

I've never been a very big Elder Scrolls fan, but that doesn't change the fact that it's nearly universally acclaimed. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt here and give it my vote. One Sims game is enough.

Except for PokeMon, And the Final Fantasy games, I have NEVER been a big fan of RPG's set either in the past, Or the future. What i'm getting at is this game opened my eyes to this glorious genre. Oblivion really is an open game, You can do soooo many things in it, Buy houses, Become apart of cults, Invest in shops, Loot dungeons, Be whatever race you want to be, Choose EXCATLY what type of person you want to be, What weapon types you specialize in. The possibilties are endless, You literely cannot play this game the same way twice. Coupled with the expansion pack, This game could take you months to complete every quest, Side quest, And explore every dungeon/mine/cave.

I Voted Sims 2, purely because I find the Elder Scrolls games TOO BIG - I know that's a weird criticism - but it's too overwhelming. There's a balance to be struck, and it just goes overboard. You literally have to give up your life to get the most out of the game and isn't as fun as most games you can just pick up and play in a lighthearted manner.

I bought Oblivion about 4 months ago and although I believe Fallout 3 was a better game, Oblivion is great in it's own sense. More medieval and way bigger, which is what I have enjoyed about it. I still haven't finished my first time though but I enjoy this game.

Oblivion was absolutely epic, literally almost in every sense of the word. But I didn't go the console route for it, I got it straight up for the PC as it should be. The Sims 2 was sorta meh, as it didn't add much as a sequel, except about 30 different expansion packs. Meanwhile you have Oblivion, which within itself had more content to deliver in the one game then the Sims 2 did with everything you had to add on to get to. Oblivion is a great RPG, and honestly you could spend over 200 hours in it, and still not be halfways done with everything. Oblivion takes it pretty easily in my mind here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back