56 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion v 24 Sonic 2

?

• Oblivion

• Sonic 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not sure if this is my first post in this tournament or not, but I HAVE to post here.

Anyone that doesn't vote for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion here obviously has not played the game. Sonic is a little furry animal that runs and jumps. Oblivion has, like, enjoyableness to it. That's right, Oblivion is so good it can make up its own words.

Elder Scrolls wins here, and it shouldn't be close for anyone who has played both.

I have played both and listen to me now if you haven't.

Oblivion is the far superior game in every sense of the word. The graphics are much better, which is expected obviously. The gameplay is obviously much better, which is also expected. The overall enjoyment factor of Oblivion is so much greater than Sonic and that's a fact. There was just so much to do in Oblivion it was unreal. There is only so far influence can take you and Sonic should not get past this round.

Vote: Oblivion.

I'm voting for Oblivion based on the fact that it doesn't have that annoying ginger twat in it, getting in your way, holding you back, slowing you down and making you want to throw your console out of the window.

getting in your way, holding you back, slowing you down and making you want to throw your console out of the window.
Can I see some kind of proof of Tails do any of this? If anything he helps out by being able to collect rings without losing any.

Despite what you may think, even though I like Sonic 2 better than the first...I'm going to have to vote for Oblivion, you just can't deny the hours of hours upon gameplay packing into this wonderful game. I'm sorry Sonic :icon_sad:.

Oblivion.

Great game, large levels, very long game, what's not to like about that.

I'm not a big Sonic fan so by default, Oblivion for the win.

I'm a sonic mark, voted for it. Never played scrolls...But sonic 2 was one of those games i grew up on, therefore i had to vote for it...

I'm a sonic mark, voted for it. Never played scrolls...But sonic 2 was one of those games i grew up on, therefore i had to vote for it...
Anyone that doesn't vote for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion here obviously has not played the game.

Like I said...:suspic:

Seriously, how can you vote for a game that saw very little differentiation from the original game, was a limited side-scroller, and featured a little rodent as the main character over a MASSIVE open ended game, in which your character can take many different paths, do so many different things, and can have over 100 hours worth of gameplay? That makes no sense to me.

Oblivious is FAR superior to Sonic 2.

I'm really not a fan of the Elder Scrolls series. Never have been, never will. Maybe I'm just not into it's whole setting and theme. Maybe it's because I don't want to play a game that will steal my life/soul.

That said, I still voted for it here. I love Sonic, but it doesn't really stack up to a game like Oblivion when you objectively judge the two side-by-side.

I should preface this by letting you know that I'm one of the world's foremost fantasy geeks, so my love of Oblivion and its giant, immersive, gorgeous fantasy world may be slightly biased.

Now, have I mentioned the enormous world, that you're free to roam about? Have I mentioned the great level of armor, weaponry, and spells available? How about the massive amount of NPCs, nearly everyone of whom has a game purpose? The fantastic story, both the main and side quests, and speaking of side quests, how about the enormous number of them? The great, defining trait of Elder Scrolls games that is the immersive Guild storylines, and possibly the most brilliant one in ES history with the Dark Brotherhood story? Yeah, Oblivion is an incredible game. Wonderful gameplay, excellent combat, a masterful story, stunning graphics, and all this combined into one sweet delicious disc of goodness. Aww yeah.

Or you can watch an oversized hamster run around. That's cool too.

I'm a big Sonic mark myself, and Sonic 2 was my favorite Sonic game out of all of them.....

But it's going against Oblivion here, the god damn epic holy shit why the fuck is it 4 AM all of a sudden game that you could put 30 hours into and be maybe 3% completed. Seriously, Morrowind got me into the Elder Scrolls series, but Oblivion took that and expanded it triple fold for me. The graphics are top notch, and what I like most is you can create your character damn near in anyway you see fit. You want a rogue, done, you want a mage, done, you want a crazy fucked up hybrid, done. Literally the choices to do in Oblivion is overwhelming.

Sonic 2 on the other hand, is a great side scrolling game, but it can't even scratch the surface of the depth that Oblivion has. Oh and Oblivion for the PC is far better than the 360. It was destined to be a PC game, no other way around it.

Oblivion here, no question about it. The Sonic platformers are dry as all hell, and I have never found enjoyment from ANY Sonic game. Oblivion, on the other hand, has brilliant storyline(s) and features a deep immersive world with characters with personalities I will always remember. Some of the events in my first playthrough are some of the greatest gaming moments I can say I've had. Oblivion gets another vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back