Awesomeness Wearing Off

Well, that was... Unexpectedly awesome!

I watched Raw last night and knew that something big was going down and I don't mean with the nXtWo. Personally, I had a feeling that we were going to have a new Champion last night just as soon as the bell rang to start the match. Of course, I would have been happy with anyone winning but it turned out that is was The Miz. I also had a feeling that he would be defending it on PPV next week. I started a thread a couple of days ago about the lack of matches and this is an automatic match that doesn't need any more build-up.

I like seeing The Miz as United States Champion but I have no idea why they have given the belt back to him? For the longest time, he held it and it held him back. It kept him from realistically getting that final push into the main event scene. After he loses it for just a couple of weeks, he has already regained it. I don't know if it was a signal of intent from the WWE with The Miz that said they were going to push him but then decided that he should stay away from things up there just now and just gave him the US Championship back? I don't know but I am in mixed emotions about this new reign.

I like the Miz and will admit to being a big fan of him in the ring and on the mic. But to be honest, I'm sick of him being US/intercontinental champion. Once he gets the belt it's like he gets stuck there and there's not much for him to do. Plus I think there are other guys on the roster that could benefit more from being US champ than him at this point.

I completely agree with you Dave, it was an unexpected twist to the Miz's situation right now, I like him being champion again, kinda like Sheamus taking it again, something tells me sadly that R-Truth might very well be regaining the championship at Fatal Four Way although.

The Miz is a decent champion, he does put on some decent matches considering the fact that he's not seen to be that great in the ring, he's improving a lot, and is definitely gonna be a huge star with this, hopefully WWE will build him properly as a champion this time although, some more focus on the championship, which lacked due to the fact that Miz was Unified Tag Team Champion during a period of time.

I'm not too wild on Miz winning the title back because I believe R-Truth needs it more but I can see why they put it back on him. I don't think the Miz is going to be in the main event anytime soon as it is so crowded especially on the heel side. Hopefully, this will lead to a feud between R-Truth and Miz and Morrison thrown in there somehow because you can get lost in the shuffle quick.

The Miz holding the US title is a good thing. He makes the title important now, as opposed to R-Truth, who the title made important. Last week during the Viewers Choice RAW, Miz came down to the ring and cut a huge promo making the title important. R-Truth on the other hand, has said nothing into the mic but "Wassup" since holding the belt. I don't hate R-Truth, and he is WAY over with the crowd, but he does nothing for the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back