Avengers: Age Of Ultron Teaser Trailer

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I'm kinda sorta embarrassed that I didn't know the first teaser trailer for the next Avengers movie hit 3 days ago. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

[YOUTUBE]tmeOjFno6Do[/YOUTUBE]

I'm already excited for the film. I was a little leery of James Spader being cast as Ultron. I'm a fan of his smarmy, pompous villains but Ultron is a departure from that, though whatever fears I had were laid to rest after seeing the trailer and hearing his monologue.

I'm a fan of his smarmy, pompous villains

Spader's Stewart from Wolf with Jack Nicholson and Michelle Pfeiffer is one of my favorites.

There's a chilling sense of eeriness behind Spader's voice, and going by the trailer, it looks like they're going for a darker tone for the sequel. Age Of Ultron will be a smash hit at the box office. There's no denying that, but as far as quality goes, it'll be interesting to see if we're looking at another The Empire Strikes Back or The Godfather II (oddly enough, Whedon referred to The Godfather Part II as his "guiding star" for Age Of Ultron) , the gold standards for sequels, or another middle-of-the road sequel.

After the first film, Age Of Ultron has some big shoes to fill, but with Whedon behind the camera and the returning cast intact, I'm sure we're looking at another five star worthy film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I'm sure it'll be great. But I can't be the only guy who saw it and shrugged. Other than James Spader and the Hulkbuster suit it's a trailer featuring Iron Man (4 film appearances since 2008), Captain America (4 since 2011), Black Widow (3), Nick Fury (6?). I've seen these characters and if Guardians Of The Galaxy showed me anything it's that I need to see more variety.

It also looks like it ends with a climactic battle in a city. Odd have been suspended on weather some kind of craft crashes from the sky in the finale.

Ultron should prove to be a substantial villain if the story they are going with is what it appears to be, which is the concept of Vibranium. That, at least to me, is the story behind the "no strings on me" stuff heard in the Spader voice overs.

The only problem is it already looks like it's going to suffer from a lot of the same fates the Iron Man series does, in that each new film doesn't feel like a new film, rather an extension of the last. It's fine if you just appreciate these as really action-packed dramatic action movies with superb special effects, but it might not hit all your marks if you're in the market for truly authentic new themes. For that, Marvel is going to have to continue to offer new comic platforms the way they are currently in production with Ant-Man and Dr. Strange.

That, and/or they're going to need to capitalize a lot more on the galactic war stories with characters like Thanos, Silver Surfer, Inhumans, the Infinity Watch, Galactus, etc.

I'm not much of a comic book follower, can anyone tell me if the likes of Spiderman and Wolverine will ever join the Avenger's cast?
Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Robert Downey Jr's Ironman in the same movie would be epic,lMO.

I'm not much of a comic book follower, can anyone tell me if the likes of Spiderman and Wolverine will ever join the Avenger's cast?
Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Robert Downey Jr's Ironman in the same movie would be epic,lMO.

As long as Sony and Fox keep churning out Spider-Man and X-Men movies, respectively, then the chances are slim to none.

To people who think it'll be more of the same I'm confident it won't be. There's a lot they can't show in the first trailer, I don't want to spoil anything for anybody not keeping up with movie sites but this movie will seemingly change the status quo in the cinematic universe such as Cap 2 did, and then after that look for things to get even more shaken up in Cap 3.

Either way I liked the trailer, always fun watching these things.

As long as Sony and Fox keep churning out Spider-Man and X-Men movies, respectively, then the chances are slim to none.

meh :disappointed:

I do remember Hugh Jackman expressing some hope that the companies could come to some sort of an agreement for Wolverine to be in an Avengers movie... too bad the chances are so low, because I'm sure having those 2 characters announced would make the movie an instant blockbuster.

This looks pretty good actually. However, I do agree with Jake. The first Avengers movie was the first real blockbuster superhero ensemble film and the Marvel cineversewwas at the peak of its hype. To that end, The Avengers did a staggering amount of money at the box office - but it was always going to.

Don't get me wrong, this one will probably bust a billion dollars again but it is going to have to show us something that we haven't seen before, something that will make us want to see more from these characters that we have seen so frequently in recent times. That said, I do believe that it can happen and probably will happen. I'm holding on to hope that it does anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back