• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Austin & Taker To Return At Survivor Series?

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Wrestlezone is reporting that a 'Team WWE' team at Survivor Series will include Triple H, Rock, Cena, and possibly two from Punk, Austin and Undertaker.

As epic as this would be, I really can't see it working! If this is a 'classic elimination match' then who on earth is going to do the job?

Triple H - Leader of 'Team WWE'. He is involved in the big storyline at the moment, surely he should stand supreme at the end?

The Rock - First match in 8 years, he can't get pinned, it would weaken him for Wrestlemania.

John Cena - The face of the company. In the same ring as The Rock and getting pinned would make him look weak leading up to their match.

Steve Austin - First match in 9 years, like Rock, he can't be pinned/eliminated!

Undertaker - His big return, Survivor Series is HIS event.

CM Punk - Hottest property in WWE right now. For him to be eliminated and others survive would weaken his position.

Having all 5 members survive, whoever they may be wouldn't make for a good match. It would make the opposition of Nash/Miz/Truth would really weak.

Personally I feel that Triple H, Cena, Rock makes sense. I would also add Mick Foley in there (he can do a job and not look weak) and maybe Bret Hart aswell (early DQ elimination). Triple H as a manager assembling a team would be better with Rock and Cena the sole survivors before a big face off!!!

Thoughts???

I don't know whats up with people and WWE putting Bret Hart in a match...
Sure if he didn't have that stroke and all it would be fine. But the guy could die if he takes bump, why waste a spot on him?

Even if its for nostalgic reasons, its pretty pointless.......

Have you seen the kind of shape Mick Foley is in. Adding him into the SS ppv would be embarrassing. I'm not a wrestler but I think I could beat him.

Personally, I would love to see Undertaker return to form the Ministry of Darkness and turn on the Pro-WWE guys.

Undertaker could easily be taken out by surprise by say maybe The Miz. Miz vs Undertaker @ Mania anyone? Or even Kevin Nash vs Undertaker. It's an easy way to make that storyline start from where it always does, Suvivor Series. Triple H could also be eliminated by Nash to set up another HHH vs Nash feud. It's all do-able to keep both teams looking strong. I would even maybe go as far as Big Show being on Team WWE him and Nash teasing a bit of something but then having those 2 have a fight at Mania seems logical. But evidently you are right about Rock and Cena.

I dont know how many others feel this way, but I am one of the few who dislikes the idea of 'one more match.' I like the leave things the way they were settled. I feel Austin had the closet thing to a perfect way to finish his career. I really hate the idea of him coming back all of a sudden and throw him into some cheap gimmicky match. If he was going to have one more match it should truly be special and hyped a lot, just like The Rock's. I would have preferred Rock just stay retired but a match against Cena, being built in the fashion it is, is alright with me. But that should be it. These guys, including Hart,who shouldnt even be in the ring are from a different era and are really out of place here in 2011, besides if WWE is trying to move forward they need to get away from the past. How can WWE grow new stars by constantly bringing in the past to take others TV time. It just looks cheap to sell tickets and I think a so-called final or coming out of retirement should be special. So I really dont think Austin or Hart should wrestle again. As much as I like CM Punk, he isnt even close to Austin's level and I think its more fitting for Austins last match to be against his greatest rival in The Rock, than somewhere he never interacted or has any tie to throughout his career. What if the match werent very good like Vince vs Bret (although I know Punk and Austin cant possibly be that bad ) but would you wanna risk Austin getting hurt or just going out there for an average or forgettable performance. As good as Punk is Austin will be limited in what he does and 9 years of ring rust inst going to just disappear I'd think. Plus they have pretty different styles and probably wouldn't mesh well. Id rather remember his great match with Rock that was the final match of their WM trilogy. Also consider since WWE lacks talent, its more than likely if they can perform, he other retired stars will be used again and it just cheapens their legacy to just start putting them in matches that don't mean anything.

I like the idea of the superteam go with HHH, The Rock and Cena and maybe Foley and Taker if needed. I wish they would not push Austin for WM 28 what on earth would they have for the next one. Please WWE if you book Punk vs. Austin then do it for WM 29 and put it at Cowboys Stadium. A main event like this should not play second fiddle to Cena vs. Rock. Save this blockbuster for the 29th edition and play out Cena vs. Rock and Undertaker's quest for win #20. That's all you need.

Doesn't this just sound way too familiar to Bash at the Beach 1996? I mean, you have a group of "Outsiders" going against the faces of the company. Hhm... I wonder which member of team WWE will shock the world and join the new World order..... ;-)

Austin must be jealous of all the attention his old buddy Rock has been getting since he returned. SCSA has been randomly throwing out the idea of him wrestling Punk at this year WM, even though its not happening.

Now their are rumors about Austin returning at SS.. Which the WWE buildup as The Rocks return. :lmao:

LOL @ a team of Cena/Rock/Triple H & Taker or Austin... who is willing to get elminated from that team. And going up against a team centered around Miz and Nash :lmao:.Unless they make someone like Orton turn heel, to add some extra star power on the Future Endeavors team... The teams would be ridiculously unbalanced.

Putting Punk on Team WWE would be stupid. He will look like an ass. That goes against everything he has been saying the last couple of months. I'm thinking he will not be involved. He will be probably wrestling Del Rio for the WWE championship at SS.

My question, who the Hell will they go against? Those 5 guys on a team vs who? There is no one even remotely close left on the roster that can match them....

Seriously? Anyone of this wrestlers can take on one whole team single handed. So why put them all on one team? But regardless, I doubt that the Undertaker will return on Survivor Series. And I am more doubtful that Austin will have one more match.

save austin for a 1 on 1 with punk at mania and make mania a huge card with big matches the whole night the buys would be nuts with stone cold punk cena rock and taker all on the card not to mention maybe even hhh on there as well

i think having such a stacked team would be nuts is anyone really gonna buy r truth or the miz beating austin rock or taker could careless bout age this is wwe its fake age dont mean anything

cm punk vs del rio for the wwe title
rock cena hhh vs miz truth and whoever else makes sense
mark henry continues owning everyone and keeps the belt till mania where taker finally stops him for the belt so he can beat anyone here dont matter perhaps big show kane idk

throw orton in that 5 man match

Okay so if its HHH, Cena, Rock, SCSA and Taker vs Miz,Truth,Nash and I will assume proberly Christain and someone else. Just look at the superstardom of ProWWE. This reminds me of Nexus vs WWE, when wwe consist of Cena,Edge,Jericho,Bret Hart,and others. the nexus side were 2 months ago jobbers, but they destoryed cena and the others but lost to supercena, The point is, look at the stack team of ProWWE, its basically a dream team, Seriously you have the 3 of 5 biggest stars ever, plus hhh is huge star and im sure cena can only be classified as a modern day Hulk Hogan.

I hope its not Taker or SCSA, but rather Jericho and Batista. Or but in 2 high up stars like sheamus and orton.

Doesn't this just sound way too familiar to Bash at the Beach 1996? I mean, you have a group of "Outsiders" going against the faces of the company. Hhm... I wonder which member of team WWE will shock the world and join the new World order..... ;-)

i pray that cena turns heel. he is useless and it make sense for his "career" to take this step. please oh please let cena become the heel that he deserves to be also now that he no longer is the number 1 merch seller the wwe has no excuse to keep him as a face.

Responding to the OP... why does getting pinned make you look weak? Anyone can be beaten, especially if you consider the ages of those involved. Taking the fanboy out of it, a 31 year old man in his prime can defeat a 46 year old man in his waning wrestling years. Seriously, no need to go to extremes with every post. Next thing you're going to say is that The Rock will bury anyone he pins in the match if he is involved.

if you're wanting to have an elimination with cena/rock without either looking weak, IMO there's only one way.

think about this, WM is where? Miami, the rock's hometown, Cena will get booed out of that building regardless. why not have Cena turn on The Rock, take him out mid match with a chair/AA, whatever. it gives an extra dimension to the feud, and a reason for a crowd to legit boo Cena.

I know it maybe a 'Cena turn heel comment? yawn' but it's probably the only way either man to get eliminated without looking 'weak'

My question, who the Hell will they go against? Those 5 guys on a team vs who? There is no one even remotely close left on the roster that can match them....

As for who can face them? A team HHH vs. Team Laurinaitis might work nicely. If HHH's team loses, he is fired as COO. If Team Laurinaitis wins, he takes over as COO. With HHH recruiting his all star team, no doubt the faces win as it should be if this team comes together. But who are the actual opponents? WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio, the Miz, R-Truth, Kevin Nash and Christian. Sure, they don't have a fraction of the star power but they all have their issues with HHH and want him gone and it would be the best heel star power WWE has.

The only way to truly try to match starpower would be for the Undertaker to return to kind of take an anti-WWE stance and re-create his alliance with Kane and have him turn other big stars to his point of view. Then you can kind of have Undertaker, Kane, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Big Show as opponents. This way it's not face vs. heels but rather those who want HHH in power vs. those who don't.

To the individual who said if Austin/Rock return it would have to be for something special, I'd agree, but let's face it... this would be special. A Survivor Series team of Austin, Rock, HHH, Cena and Punk? That's pretty special and the only reason they'd be marketing the Rock instead of Austin is because Rock is now guaranteed for Wrestlemania and they're not going to go balls to wall marketing Austin for something that may never happen. If Vince ever got the deal done, Stone Cold would be just as big a deal because WWE isn't going to want to ruin their relationship with Austin by making him seem inferior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back