• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Austin Aries Is Back (And I Hope He Stays)!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Fantastic little surprise that was, with Aeries returning along with Jimmy Rave and Kid Kash in the X Division match early on to determine who'd move on for a chance to win a TNA contract at Destination X, no?

For anyone who didn't catch it, TNA put up a portion of the match on their YouTube channel:

[YOUTUBE]-B4z8t5Ne5k[/YOUTUBE]

Frankly, I'm pulling for the guy to win. I know Aeries is an internet darling, and most internet darlings aren't nearly as good as they are cracked up to be, but this kid has got two things that really matter — talent and personality. Superstar in the making as far as I'm concerned.

Thoughts on his return?

I was really Happy to Austin Aries to be in TNA tonight and I loved his initial run in TNA. I think Aries is Extremely Talented both in the ring and on the mic. I know that Aries has said he might retire recently I think it was sometime after he didn't the Tough Enough cut. I also read a report from the Wrestling Observer that he doesn't want to be wrestling in Indy Promotions and he wants to be on TV with either TNA or WWE and it looks to me like he is giving TNA another chance and I really hope this time works out good. I really hope that he is brought back Permanently.

Edit: Also IDR its spelled Aries

Wouldn't exactly call him a "kid." I believe he's in his late 30's. He's a great performer, guy rocked ROH since the beginning, he does nothing but get independant promotions off the ground and he almost does it for fun. A true fact is that when Pro Wrestling Guerrila first started, Aries worked his first seven matches for free just so Joey Ryan could pay for bigger guys to come in.

His recent performances on the indys have been brilliant, especially his Dragon Gate stuff. Was shocked to see him agree to do this. I guess he had faith they wouldn't pull the "Starr" shit with him. Great wrestler, very charismatic and flamboyant.

Would he have a future if he signed with TNA? Well, he's a better wrestler than say, Anderson, and in aspects he's better than him on the microphone. Do I see him signing with TNA? Probably not - but stranger things have happened, and it isn't like anything is stopping TNA from attempting it.

Wouldn't exactly call him a "kid." I believe he's in his late 30's. He's a great performer, guy rocked ROH since the beginning, he does nothing but get independant promotions off the ground and he almost does it for fun. A true fact is that when Pro Wrestling Guerrila first started, Aries worked his first seven matches for free just so Joey Ryan could pay for bigger guys to come in.

His recent performances on the indys have been brilliant, especially his Dragon Gate stuff. Was shocked to see him agree to do this. I guess he had faith they wouldn't pull the "Starr" shit with him. Great wrestler, very charismatic and flamboyant.

Would he have a future if he signed with TNA? Well, he's a better wrestler than say, Anderson, and in aspects he's better than him on the microphone. Do I see him signing with TNA? Probably not - but stranger things have happened, and it isn't like anything is stopping TNA from attempting it.

Taz and Tenay both said tonight that this match not only gets him a match at Destination X, but it also gets him a contract with Impact Wrestling. So I am assuming he is coming back for at least a year.

Yeah I was very impressed with him. That match was sick.

I hope he stays around, certainly great to watch in the ring.

I'm interested in seeing the three newcomers they got next week, I assume I'll probably know some of them from other places... probably some ROH talent.

Taz and Tenay both said tonight that this match not only gets him a match at Destination X, but it also gets him a contract with Impact Wrestling. So I am assuming he is coming back for at least a year.

That is not what they said. They said it moves him on in a tournament where the winners of tonight and next week's match (possibly more, kind of missed that part) compete at Destination X for a shot at a TNA contract (is it a TNA contract or an Impact Wrestling contract?). He is not yet under contract.

first time i watched impact in a looooooooooooong time. (like really watched it not just see whats happening and then change the channel)

i saw austin aries and totally marked out. a very bright light in a company of really dark shit. but then im quickly reminded he has no contract...and festus does.

That is not what they said. They said it moves him on in a tournament where the winners of tonight and next week's match (possibly more, kind of missed that part) compete at Destination X for a shot at a TNA contract (is it a TNA contract or an Impact Wrestling contract?). He is not yet under contract.

So I guess the interview about him being back was for no point than because if you don't have a contract you are not back.

I am also pretty sure the people winning these matches get a contract and get to be on Destination X. It makes no sense to invest in all these "non contract" wrestlers for an entire PPV. I know the typical well it is TNA comment will come up, but lets be real they are not that stupid to book wrestlers not under contract because they can get fucked over.

Aries also cuts a promo during the Impact Wrestling Post Show...

http://youtu.be/kEmUrDUS2DM

I think it starts around 12 minutes into the video.

This is the first time I've ever seen the guy. Didn't watch TNA when he was there before and I don't watch any Indy/ROH stuff now. I've heard the name before, but that's it. He seems like he's got a good personality to him and he can go in the ring.

I don't know if it was telling sign or not tonight that he made appearances on the show after the three way match.

Just watched the opening. Hes right. They said its a 12 man tournament with the final 4 competing at destination x to earn a contract with impact wrestling. I stand corrected. Makes sense.

So far great match. Deffintly reminds me of a newer style of the old x-division. Cool thing is to,during the entrances they showed footage of all 3 men back when they competed in the x-division. Cool way to show that they have a past in TNA. All 3 men are showing they still got alot. Bummed only one of they went on.

So 3 more 3 way matchs. Next week being 3 newcommers. Wonder who else we will see. Being that they said former guys to,I gotta figure we will see guys like Sonjay,Petey,and other well known former TNA guys. Maybe some guys from mexico who did some of the world x cups. Alot of possibiltys here not even demention the possibilty with the new guys comming in. Im excited to see who comes in and who the 4 way is. Wonder if it will be a ultimate x match?

So I guess the interview about him being back was for no point than because if you don't have a contract you are not back.

I am also pretty sure the people winning these matches get a contract and get to be on Destination X. It makes no sense to invest in all these "non contract" wrestlers for an entire PPV. I know the typical well it is TNA comment will come up, but lets be real they are not that stupid to book wrestlers not under contract because they can get fucked over.

Watch the video posted by It's Damn Real at 3:13. At that point, Tenay will say, "Impressive as well as a huge win in terms of his career, because as a result of that victory, Austin Aries takes the first step towards an Impact Wrestling contract, we'll see if Austin Aries gets the contract at Destination X." In the post show promos, they talk about being back in Impact Wrestling, but never say anything about a contract.

Just watched the opening. Hes right. They said its a 12 man tournament with the final 4 competing at destination x to earn a contract with impact wrestling. I stand corrected. Makes sense.

So far great match. Deffintly reminds me of a newer style of the old x-division. Cool thing is to,during the entrances they showed footage of all 3 men back when they competed in the x-division. Cool way to show that they have a past in TNA. All 3 men are showing they still got alot. Bummed only one of they went on.

So 3 more 3 way matchs. Next week being 3 newcommers. Wonder who else we will see. Being that they said former guys to,I gotta figure we will see guys like Sonjay,Petey,and other well known former TNA guys. Maybe some guys from mexico who did some of the world x cups. Alot of possibiltys here not even demention the possibilty with the new guys comming in. Im excited to see who comes in and who the 4 way is. Wonder if it will be a ultimate x match?

It gets a little confusing because they are tournament happy right now, though. This is acutally the Bound For Glory series tournament specs, not the X division. They didn't explain much about the X Division tournament aside from Tenay's comment.

Now, as far as Aries goes to me, I personally didn't watch TNA when he was there. But, from what I saw tonight, I hope that he does end up with the contract because he is impressive and has good personality. I hope that some of the other guys end up with contracts anyway, because I like Kid Kash, but that's doubtful.

Also, does this prove that Abyss will drop the title soon, as all of a sudden they're promoting the X Division again?

EDIT: It might be a 12 man/ 4 man actually, I can't seem to find specifics on it. I hope that's not the case, because if they do the same thing twice in two separate divisions, that is really lazy booking.

Seeing Aries back gives ne high hopes for the X division, even if it only lasts a month. I'm excited for Destination X and to see upcoming former X division stars. I don't think Aries has a contract, but he really should. When Devon has a contract and Aries doesn't, its a shame.

To be honest, tonight was my first time seeing the guy's work. I've heard the name Austin Aries thrown around the forum many times and have heard nothing but high praise for the man but I don't watch ROH and I didn't watch TNA when he was still with the company years ago. That said, I was very impressed with Aries tonight. He looked so crisp and moved so fluidly in the ring. He has a great look and I'm assuming he can talk on the mic (I need to look up more of his work) so I think he could be the whole package and can eventually break out of the X Division and burst onto the main event scene at some point in the future.

To completely clear this up, here's the scenario...

There will be four 3-way dances on Impact. The four winners of those matches will then compete at Destination-X in an Ultimate-X match to win a contract with TNA(Aries is the first qualifier for that match). It's really not that complicated.

Must have changed his time, they nterviewed him a while back and he said TNA sucked and he was glad to be out of there. lol

Kid Kash and Austin Aries are two great performers though they are hardly new and young, so how long will the run last.

oh but they do, they book people who are only on verbal/handshake agreements for brief appearances, that's not being under contract.

Frankly, I'm pulling for the guy to win. I know Aeries is an internet darling, and most internet darlings aren't nearly as good as they are cracked up to be, but this kid has got two things that really matter — talent and personality. Superstar in the making as far as I'm concerned.

Internet darlings? Like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, etc?

But I hope it turns out well for A Double, but I don't he'll get any higher than the X Division title.

Must have changed his time, they nterviewed him a while back and he said TNA sucked and he was glad to be out of there. lol

Kid Kash and Austin Aries are two great performers though they are hardly new and young, so how long will the run last.

oh but they do, they book people who are only on verbal/handshake agreements for brief appearances, that's not being under contract.

I know they do it for like 1 or 2 guys at a time, but we are talking about almost an entire PPV.

If I had to take a guess. The people who will get contracts after the PPV storyline wise already have those contracts. IMO I don't see Aries bothering with this if they weren't going to sign him. He could be making much more money else were during is "hand shake" deal.

Austin Aries is one of those guys that I just couldn't understand why TNA/IW or WWE hadn't picked him up yet. He interviews well, as you can see he's got his chops in the ring; I figured there must be some kind of massive backstage issues. He's proof that being immensely talented on stage doesn't mean you'll be a success in professional wrestling.

I hope TNA/IW keeps him around. I think he has the potential to put a lot of asses in seats.

I marked the fuck out when I saw Kash. Then Austin, OMFG.

Im really, really, really looking forward to the next few weeks.

I had heard about Aries on the Internet and his work in ROH, but had never seen him wrestle. But after seeing that match I became a fan. He was just so smooth in the ring even while he had to execute those spots and he took bumps well, did not notice any botches. And later on in that promo with Eric Young, even though he didn't have to do much, he did it all well. While he may not be the biggest, most impressive looking guy around, he has 'got it' and I hope he signs onto a full time deal with TNA.

I was really excited to see Aries & Kid Kash, not so much to see Jimmy Rave. Here is a list of some guys that we could possibly see in this little tourney that aren't currently in TNA/IW that have been around before:

Jerry Lynn
Low Ki
Petey Williams
Jay Lethal
Michael Shane
Sheik Abdul Bashir
Homicide
Johnny Devine
Psicosis
Tony Mamaluke
Elix Skipper
Sonjay Dutt
Consequences Creed

I've been watching NWA Championship Wrestling from Hollywood out here in Southern California, and Aries is one of the mainstays of that program. After seeing numerous matches and promos of his, I can say that the man is a massive star waiting to happen. The surprise and joy of seeing him show up on Impact last night was awesome, and I was rooting for him the whole way. Seeing him win and knowing he'll be around at least a bit longer was great, and I can only hope he gets a full contract with TNA. The fact that he was involved in a (though short) backstage segment means they might have some ideas of what to do with. Knowing he has a great sense of humor, a program with Eric Young might be a decent idea. Plus, their matches could be pretty exciting. Big things await this man, I can feel it.

I don't know if Aries back to TNA is a good thing for him or not. I mean sure, he'll put on top notch matches for the X-Division. But that only works if TNA continues to showcase said division. TNA hardly puts focus towards the X-Division and with that, Aries could be getting less and less TV time.

Plus, I was kind of rooting for Kid Kash during that match. The guy is literally one of the top X-Division pioneers who put the division on the map and I'd love to see him back in TNA. Hopefully they do a "last chance to advance" match for him cause I'd love nothing more than to see Kash in TNA again.

I was really excited to see Aries & Kid Kash, not so much to see Jimmy Rave. Here is a list of some guys that we could possibly see in this little tourney that aren't currently in TNA/IW that have been around before:

Consequences Creed

Not exactly. Creed's signed to WWE... It's going to be kind of hard for him to show up on TNA with a WWE contract isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back