• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ascension 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
yrdNuFu.gif

[youtube]755MMp2GijM[/youtube]​

* PYRO *
* PYRO *
* PYRO *
* PYRO *
* PYRO *

The camera spins around the crowd, revealing the hyped up masses. Everyone seems to be totally excited for the show. After a few more shots of the fans in the arena, the camera goes out to ringside; where Jack Cohen is sat beside his broadcast partner Cat Connor.

Connor: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Canada, once again! We are here in the great city of Edmonton in Alberta, Canada! And what's more, we are welcoming you to Ascension 99! We are just one more show away from our century and we could not be more excited!

Cohen: And by the looks of it, these fans are excited too!

Connor: I am your announcer for the evening, Cat Connor and I am joined at ringside, as always, by Jack Cohen on what promises to be a raucous night for all of WZCW!

[YT]WAzTO8GMZhk[/YT]​

Connor: And what a way to get things started! Our esteemed General Manager is on her way to the ring and I am sure she has a lot to talk about.

After a moment or two, Becky makes her way out onto the stage. The crowd pops for her as she puts both hands on her hips and takes in the magnificent crowd reaction. Smiling all the while, she makes her way down the ramp.

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the General Manager of WZCW Ascension... Becky Serra!

Becky continues to smile widely as she makes it to the bottom of the ramp. Slowly, she walks around the ring and grabs a microphone before heading back around and up the steps. Once more, she takes in the crowd reaction before starting to speak.

Serra: Wow, you guys! I was expecting a huge reaction but you've blown the roof off of this place!

The crowd pops again as Becky resumes smiling.

Serra: And I guess that you should be excited! Tonight promises to be an amazing show, no doubt about it. We have the triple threat between the competitors of the King For A Day briefcase. We continue Multi-Man Madness, we have some amazing Tag Team action. And in our main event, we have a huge match when Eve Taylor takes on Mikey Stormrage!

The crowd pops once more at the announcement of the show, almost reaching fever pitch.

Serra: And in a further development, I am pleased to announce that what Meltdown couldn't get done will finally be accomplished tonight. Yes, David Cougar will be here tonight to reconvene The Show and announce the fifth man to be inducted into the WZCW Hall of Fame.

Cohen: Big news!

Connor: Constantine rudely interrupted the announcement last night as he made his Kingdom Come intentions clear.

The crowd pops once again as the biggest news of all brings the arena to it's feet.

Serra: And whilst the scale of tonight might be huge... Insurmountable to some, I am here to talk to you about what is coming to all of you in the future. The scale of tonight, and indeed the build up to Kingdom Come may be vast. But I can assure you right now that Ascension 100 will go above and beyond what everyone expects. And tonight, I promise all of you that I have some announcements that are going to shake the very foundations of this great company.

Becky stops for a moment, catching her breath and allowing her words to fully sink in to those at ringside and those watching at home.

Serra: But for now, sit back and enjoy the show and everything that is going to come along with it. Thank you!

With that, Becky turns on her heels and makes her way up the ramp.

Connor: Well, we can only wait and see how much of what Becky Serra just said will be true. But one thing I can confirm is that tonight promises to be a huge show with a spectacular main event.

Cohen: Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get this show on the road!

Anderson: The following is a triple threat match and it is scheduled for one fall!

Noah Ryder comes out onto the stage beating his chest and singing along with his entrance theme.

Anderson: Introducing first from Minneapolis, Minnesota, weighing 222 lbs, "The Unforgettable" Noah Ryder!

After slapping hands with the ringside fans, Noah slides into the ring and climbs to the top, posing with both arms in the air.

Vee A.D.Z. hops out from behind the curtain on one leg. He somersaults down the ramp and then jumps high into the air.

Anderson: Next, from County of Crawley, England, weighing 141 pounds, Vee A! D! Z!

He springboards into the ring and somersaults through. He jumps onto the second rope in the corner and starts to yell at a heckling fan.

A scarecrow comes out onto the stage, reading from a collection of A.A. Milne's writing until the lights go out.

Anderson: Finally, from The Forgotten Library and weighing in at 200 lbs., “The Bookworm” Cassanova!

The lights come back up with Cassanova sliding into the ring and, noticing that Vee is jawing with a fan from the corner of the ring, charges at the English superstar, knocking him over the top, off the apron and to the floor. Cassanova stares at his handiwork, allowing him to be rolled up by Ryder, 1...2., he kicks out. Both men scramble back to their feet. Cassanova swings for a right hand, but Ryder runs underneath, hits the far ropes, and connects with a slingblade. Cassanova rolls to the corner and pulls himself up, but Noah is set for the Blow Ryder. He starts to charge across the ring, but halfway there he steps awkwardly on his left leg and collapses to the mat, his face wrenched in pain. Referee Katie Shepard heads in to check on Ryder as he clutches at his leg.

Connor: Oh no, this look doesn't look good. It could be as basic as a twisted knee or ankle, or as bad as serious ligament damage.
Cohen: Forget about that, look at the genius of Cassanova!

Cassanova makes his way out of the corner and ties up Ryder in Locked in the Book. Despite Shepard doing everything she can to prevent it, Cassanova turns Noah over and the Unforgettable One screams out in pain. Fortunately for Ryder, Vee almost immediately flies into the ring with a springboard dropkick, breaking up the hold. As Cassanova rolls away, Vee sets his sights on Noah, but Shepard puts herself between the two men, giving the ringside doctor enough time to make his way over and help get Ryder out of the ring and to the floor. This gives Cassanova enough time to get to his feet, but he finds himself on the receiving end of a charge from Vee. He leaps for a jumping DDT, but Cassanova manages to shove him away. Vee lands on his feet facing away from Cassanova, who grabs Vee by the chin and drops him back of the head first to the mat. He grabs Vee's legs for a pin, 1...2.., Vee rolls out.

Connor: It looks as though we have a de facto singles match now, Jack.
Cohen: I'm admiring the aggression from Cassanova. If he can keep that up, he could be unstoppable.

Vee escaped the pin, but Cassanova still has his legs. The Bookworm gets up and tries to hook Locked in the Book. He crosses up the legs, but can't turn Vee over, who instead manages to grab Cassanova by the back of the head and roll him up, 1...2.., kick out. Cassanova drives a knee into the gut of Vee once they are both back to their feet. He attempts an Asai DDT, but Vee shoves him off into the corner. Vee follows in and front flips at the Bookworm, using his whole body as a weapon. Vee backrolls to his feet while Cassanova stumbles out. Vee hooks him and connects with the A.D.Z, 1...2...3!

Anderson: The winner of the match, Vee A.D.Z!

Vee has his hand raised in the center of the ring, but Shepard quickly rolls to the floor to assist the ringside doctor with Noah Ryder.

Connor: A big win for Vee, but the bigger question going forward may be the health of Noah Ryder.

Cohen: He'll be fine. He won't even remember this match tomorrow.

--------------------

We cut backstage to where Gino Galucci is standing inside the office of Becky Serra. In the corner of the room, a TV seems to show what is happening in the ring. There, Vee holds his arms aloft in celebration of, perhaps, the biggest win of his career. Gino looks on at his competition as Becky spins around in her chair with an impressed look on her features.

Serra: Well, that is definitely interesting.

Gino: A great match, I have to say. It reminds me of this one great pizza I baked once. It all started off with this dough I pic-

Serra: I'm sure that's a great story, Gino but I have a lot of work to do tonight.

Gino opens his eyes after having a sensual moment dreaming of the aforementioned pizza.

Serra: There is a reason that I called you here, you know? I watched your match on Meltdown last night. The way you handled yourself reminded me of a the way some other King For A Day competitors handled themselves. Corey Payne, Constantine, Big Dave; all of them have turned it on when the pressure was at it's peak.

Gino watches on as Becky gets out of her chair and walks towards the TV.

Serra: But the truth of the matter is that a little help would have gone a long way. It's a well known fact that the later you enter the Elimination Chamber, the better chance you have of winning the shot. So with that in mind, I've come up with a great way of making Ascension 100 even more special; if you can believe that?

Gino nods his head in anticipation.

Serra: We need to determine an entrance order and on Ascension 100, that's just what we are going to do. First of all, we are going to have a fatal 4 way elimination match between the beaten KFAD competitors from this week. The order they are pinned is the order they enter the match.

Becky giggles with glee as Gino contemplates his lot in all of this.

Gino: And as for Gino?

Serra: And as for you, Gino. You're looking at your competition.

She motions towards the TV and Vee; who is now making his way up the ramp.

Serra: You two are going one on one next week. The winner will be the very last man into the elimination chamber and, as I said, the favourite to take home that title shot. Good luck.

Gino nods his head again, in excitement before heading out the door.

Anderson: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]XqrpANUF4no[/YOUTUBE]​

Introducing first from the lap of luxury, weighing 179 pounds, the gentlemanly insect and friend to all, elegANT!

elegANT, looking dapper as ever, makes his way onto the stage and cordially waves to the applauding fans. He makes his way to the ring where we awaits his partner.

[YOUTUBE]HuXhwpX59tc[/YOUTUBE]​

And his partner, from Beard City, USA, weighing 285 pounds, The Beard!

Beard makes his way onto the stage with a towel over his head. He removes the towel and smiles as the fans cheer him. He slaps hands with his fans along the barricade as he makes his way to the ring. He rolls into the ring and slaps hands with elegANT and talks strategy as they await their opponents.

Cohen: Look at this sellout, Beard. He used to be one of my favorites, the former World Champion who was a force. Now here he is teaming with a lowly ant.

Connor: The fans seem very happy to have the old Beard back, as he makes amends for his past. And who better to team with in this time than WZCW's resident aristocrat, elegANT?

[YOUTUBE]b91rSw4xuYY[/YOUTUBE]​

And their opponents, from.....

Suddenly the lights begin to go dark, until the entire arena is shrouded in darkness. The music continues to play until suddenly the lights come back on and John Doe and Fallout are standing in the ring, face to face with their opponents.

Connor: So coming off a win over the tag team champions, The Children of the Damned look to continue their momentum with another win over WZCW fan favorites tonight.

Cohen: You call them fan favorites, I call them losers. When Dr. Zeus takes a liking to you, you know that you are a force, and that is exactly who The Children of the Damned are.

Referee Keith Morse does his best to get the two teams to their respective corners before he calls for the bell.

*DING! DING! DING!*

Doe starts off against elegANT. They circle with Doe slowly stalking elegANT. The two tie up and elegANT manages to slip behind Doe. He clubs him across his upper back before he turns him around and Irish whips him into the ropes. Off the rebound he connects with an arm drag takedown and works on the arm when they hit the mat. elegANT wrenches on the arm, but Doe manages to contort his body around to raise his legs up and lock in a head scissor. This causes elegANT to let go of the hold. Doe fires off a couple of punches as they get to their feet, but they do little damage. They tie up again and this time Doe gets the upper hand. He works to a hammerlock, looking to do some damage to elegANT's arm. The ant man reaches back and is initially unable to break the hold. He struggles for a few moments before he reaches back with his free arm, grabs Doe's head and sits out, causing Doe's chin to connect with elegANT's shoulder area and break the hold and stun Doe. With Doe trying to gain his wits, elegANT ties him up in a collar and elbow tie up and connects with a suplex from that position. He looks to cover Doe...
One!
Two!
But Doe is able to kick out without much issue. elegANT grabs the leg of Doe off the kick out and drags him to the corner. He hops to the second turnbuckle and looks to come off with a second rope splash. Doe gets his knees up, as elegANT crashes into him. This gives Doe a moment to catch his breath and get to his feet. He lifts elegANT to his feet and starts to chop away at his chest. He hits five before he grabs him by the back of the head and connects with a knee to the midsection. This allows him to drag his opponent to his corner where he tags in Fallout, but not before he ties up elegANT from behind. This gives Fallout a free path for his boot to connect to elegANT's midsection. Fallout then takes the doubled over elegANT and drops a double axe handle across his back. Fallout then wraps elegANT in an abdominal stretch and tags in Doe in, who connects with a big punch to the exposed midsection to elegANT. Doe then shoves him into the corner and uses his boot to choke elegANT, forcing the ref to step in.

ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!

Just before the count of five, Doe relents, allowing elegANT to collapse in the corner. He then begins to stomp away at elegANT. Doe then tags in Fallout who steps in and proceeds to stomp away as well. Just before the ref disqualifies Fallout for failing to adhere to the five count, he tags in Doe, who starts to stomp away again. The two continue this for about two minutes straight. Eventually Fallout ends up the legal man, and turns to taunt Beard. As Beard tries to step in, Keith Morse steps in and prevents him from doing so. This allows Doe, on the apron, to grab elegANT and hang him neck first across the top rope. Fallout then proceeds to connects with a swinging neckbreaker off the move and makes the cover...
One!
Two!
elegANT just gets the shoulder up before three.

Cohen: Excellent team work being shown by Doe and Fallout. They are really clicking.

Connor: While ethically questionable, the effectiveness cannot be questioned. The Children of the Damned are in full control.

Fallout locks in a rear chinlock, slowing down the pace and eliciting some boos from the crowd. elegANT does his best to fight the hold, but he starts to fade as Fallout switches to a sleeper hold. Beard starts to stomp hard on the steps in his corner and clap his hands in an attempt to get his partner back into the match. elegANT appears out so the referee checks on him. He lifts his arm and it falls limp.
ONE!

He lifts his arm a second time and again it falls limp.
TWO!
The ref raises elegANT's arm a third time, but before it falls elegANT manages to catch it and he starts to clap his hands along with Beard and the crowd. He fights to his feet and starts to throw elbows to the midsection of Fallout. He finally breaks the hold and starts to fire off right hands. He staggers Fallout and runs and hits the ropes. Off the rebound he tries a clothesline but Fallout ducks. Just as he hits the ropes a second time and tries to springboard, Doe pulls the top rope and causes elegANT to slip and fall. Fallout adjusts his mask before he tags in Doe. The two then Irish whip elegANT into the ropes. They both bend over, looking to backdrop their opponent. elegANT is wise to it though and connects with a big double DDT, leaving all three men down. Beard is on the apron going HAM in anticipation of the tag.

Connor: Beard desperately wants in this match. He is going absolutely nuts trying to will his partner to their corner.

All three men begin to stir. elegANT is crawling to his corner, with Doe and Fallout in pursuit. They grab at his legs, but he leaps and makes the tag to Beard as the crowd erupts. Beard clotheslines Fallout down hard. Doe charges him but gets a clothesline for his trouble. Fallout is on his feet, but he turns into a big overhead belly to belly suplex, sending him rolling to the outside of the ring. Doe stirs to his feet, but Beard connects with a big boot to the face. The crowd is going wild as Beard drags Doe to his feet. He takes his beard and washes it in Doe's face, before he hits an exploder suplex, sending Doe into the corner in a seated position. The crowd continues their fever pitch as Beard gives his namesake a mighty tug and runs and connects with a cannonball senton. He drags Doe out of the corner and makes the cover...
One!
Two!
Thr-Fallout jumps in and makes the save! Fallout then tries to hit the Mushroom Cloud, but elegANT flies in off the top rope and connects with a missile dropkick to Fallout. As the ref turns to deal with elegANT and Fallout, Doe connects with a low blow and then rolls up Beard. As the ref slides into position, Doe grabs a handful of tights...
One!
Two!
Three! Beard kicks out but it is too late, Doe has stolen a victory.

Cohen: Yes!

Connor: A robbery!

Anderson: Here are your winners, The Children of the Damned!

An angry Beard tries to go after Doe, but he quickly rolls out of the ring. He and Fallout celebrate their victory up the ramp as elegANT rolls back into the ring. Beard can be seen apologizing to his partner and the two shake hands despite their loss.

--------------------

We cut backstage to see Leon Kensworth standing beside the Mandroid S.H.I.T; it's eyes glowing as red as lava.

Kensworth: Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen. And I am pleased to say that joining me now is the man who successfully defeated the EurAsian Champion Johnny Scumm just last night. The same man who only just made a triumphant return to action this we-

With that, Leon is immediately cut off by the Mandroid.

S.H.I.T: Why does the interviewer call this one a man? This one is not male nor female. This one cares very little for victories and losses. And this one does not care about it's previous history. All this one cares about is forging it's legacy.

Leon nods his head in agreement, realising his mistake.

Kensworth: Apologies, S.H.I.T, I guess I am just out of practice.

S.H.I.T: Do not allow your humanly feelings to cloud your CPU, Leon; it is an understandable omission. But you should know that this one does not care about slips of the tongue. Like was already stated, this one only cares about his legacy. The rise of the machines is happening as we compute, human.

Leon allows a stunned look of confusion and derision cross his features as S.H.I.T continues.

S.H.I.T: This one knows that it has not forged a good enough legacy in the past and will now focus all of it's processes to ensure that no one forgets about the Mandroid. S.H.I.T is back in WZCW to face only the best and will make sure that this happens.

Kensworth: What do you have in mind?

Leon moves the microphone back towards S.H.I.T as it hesitates for a moment.

S.H.I.T: This one has already approached the so-called authority of this company and has offered up a solution. This one must ensure it's legacy and it's ultimate survival. Your authority has given this one the go-ahead for the first ever Open Challenge. This one wants to face the best that this company has to offer and will give everyone the opportunity to meet him in the middle of the ring at Ascension 100.

Leon nods faster; suggesting that he is happy with breaking the news first.

S.H.I.T: The match will be known as the S.H.I.T Executed X-treme Battle Over Momentous Benefits... Or S.E.X.B.O.M.B!

With that, the Mandroid leaves Leon standing alone.

Kensworth: Well, ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here first. The first ever S.H.I.T Open Challenge happens next week; at the 100th episode of Ascension. Who will step up and challenge the former Elite X Champion? Watch this space!

We cut backstage to where Theron seems to be hurtling up the corridors at a frightening pace. With a strange look on his face, Theron continues to motor down the halls until his girlfriend, Tiffany, comes running behind him.

Tiffany: Theron!

Theron completely disregards Tiffany and keeps barrelling down the halls at a vast rate of speed.

Tiffany: Theron, wait!

Finally, Tiffany catches up to Theron and puts her hand around his arm, stopping him in his tracks and causing him to turn around with a look of frantic frustration on his features.

Tiffany: Didn't you hear me, Theron? I've been chasing after you for ever! You can't be walking around here on your own any more, you know that! This place has changed since the Lethal Lottery. Everyone used to be so friendly and nice and now all they want is-

Theron: I know what they want, Kirilah.

Theron unclenches his jaw and averts his eyes from Tiffany and onto the WZCW Heavyweight Championship.

Theron: You are right, everyone does want a piece of me. And I don't think I have ever come up against a scarier foe than Davkas. Don't you see, Kirilah? He's trying to break me in every sense possible. He's tried to break my spirit and last night he tried to break my body. I have to fight back! I have to show him and the world that they have a hero that they can trust.

Theron softens a little as he grabs at both hands of Tiffany, cradling them in his eyes and looking deep into her eyes.

Theron: It's been a tough few weeks for everyone around here but they look to me for guidance. They look to me for a sign that you can find yourself in the blackest of nights. I need to make a big sign, Kirilah. Next week on Elevation 100, I need to show Davkas and the world that I am the Champion that this place needs. Mystra chose me for a reason.

Tiffany: Then I'll be right behind you.

Theron: NO! You can't be around for any of that, Kirilah. Davkas is a maniac and any route to me is a weakness. I need you as far away from the arena as possible next week. Plus, I'm not sure what I am going to do. I don't want you to see....

Tiffany reluctantly nods her head in acceptance before tugging him back down the corridor and away from the arena.

--------------------

Anderson: The following contest is set for one fall and is a fatal four way match!

[youtube]xQtXsp4tIbw[/youtube]​

Steven Holmes appears on stage first with cane in hand as the music quickly turns to the Immigrant song. Hunnicutt then emerges on stage behind his mentor and the two make their way down to the ring. Hunnicutt makes it to the apron first to hold the ropes open for his master and he soon follows as he waits for his opponents.

Anderson: Introducing first from Dead Horse, Alaska, weighing 267 pounds, Abel Hunnicutt!

Connors: Am I the only still uncomfortable with this mentorship?

Cohen: Yes, it’s a thing of magnificence and Steven Holmes will lead this young man to new heights of success.

Connors: Or overshadow him with his own agenda….

[youtube]JyX7dHmaRlA[/youtube]​

Garth makes his way down the ramp in a very determined manner as he carries his water bottle before turning to the camera and mouthing “stack the odds all you want, I’ll beat them every time”. He high fives a few fans before entering the ring and staring down Hunnicutt as Holmes holds back his protege.

Anderson: And his opponent, from the Last Chance Saloon, Garth Black!

Cohen: Why is this guy always so angry lately? He’s a veteran who’s had almost as much chances as Darren Bull yet somehow he just hasn’t made it to the top of the mountain.

Connors: Something tells me there may be someone behind the curtain that would rather have Mr. Hunnicutt make it there before Garth ever can.

Cohen: Save your conspiracy theories for bigfoot Cat.

[youtube]YgSPaXgAdzE[/youtube]​

The fans erupt as Alhazred makes his way down the ramp before he’s immediately attacked from behind by James Howard!

Connors: What the hell is Howard doing?!

Cohen: Getting an early jump on this match, what a savage!

Alhazred’s body rolls down the ramp as Howard continues his assault stomping away on the mad scientist. He picks him up and repeatedly Irish whips him into the barricade. He grabs a steel chair from under the ring and attacks square in the face as the scientist’s body crumples into a pile. Garth attempts to exit the ring and put a stop to the assault but Hunnicutt ambushes him from behind and begins pounding him in the corner as the bell rings officially starting the match. Holmes exits the ring as Hunnicutt Irish whips Garth and he bounces off the ropes but Black ducks an incoming clothesline, pops up on the turnbuckle, and delivers a diving elbow to Howard on the outside!

Connors: Well despite Howard seemingly making this a triple threat match we’re off to a chaotic start in this match!

Garth makes it to his feet as Howard struggles to get back up and Hunnicut sliders under the bottom rope to get in on the action. He’s met with a right hand from Garth that stuns him and Garth tosses him back under the bottom rope. As Black tries to enter the ring Howard delivers a knee strike to the back and begins pounding away on him before chucking him under the bottom rope right back into Hunnicutt's wrath.

Cohen: Looks like Garth may be about to be on the receiving end of some “corporate punishment”.

As Howard enters the ring him and Hunnicut come to a silent understanding and both begin to stomp away on Garth in the corner. The veteran attempts to fight his way out but a knee to gut by Hunnicutt puts a quell to his rally. Hunnicutt motions for Howard to back off as he wants Garth to himself but Howard doesn’t take very lightly to this and he continues stomping on Garth. Noticing this Abel then pulls Howard away and goes back to Garth but Howard turns him around the two get in each other’s faces as Holmes screams at Abel attempting to get him to focus and the fans start yelling for the two to attack each other. Before either of them can Garth takes advantage of the situation and hits a flying body splash on both men! Garth pops back up as Howard gets to his feet and former Elite X champion is met with a Northern lights suplex. Abel gets up and goes for a big boot but Garth rolls under and hits a Russian leg sweep and goes for a pin 1...2….Abel kicks out!

Connors: Garth has taken advantage of Abel and James’ hostility and has now taken complete control of this match!

Garth can see Howard getting to his feet from the corner of his eye and the veteran turns his focus and charges at James. He tries to hit a flying body splash but Howard moves out the way and Garth smacks his head right on the turnbuckle. Howard then follows up with a Shining Wizard bulldog combination and hooks the leg 1...2….Abel breaks up the pin. Hunnicutt picks up Howard and delivers a European Uppercut staggering him backwards. Howard bounces off the ropes however and hits a dropkick that stuns Abel but doesn’t take him off his feet. Garth gets back up and hits a enziguri which almost sends Abel to the ground but he’s still on his feet. Howard and Garth look to each other and both jump in the air hitting a double dropkick that sends Abel down to the ground much to the dismay of Holmes on the outside.

Cohen: This is a three-way competition! Meaning every man for himself, this double team nonsense is unfair to Mr. Hunnicutt!

Connors: Turnabout is fair play Jack!

Before either man can capitalize on Abel they both begin trading shots in the middle of the ring. Garth tries to hit a judo throw but Howard’s MMA background allows him to reverse it into a beautiful bridged German Suplex! Howard does not go the pin however as he rolls through into a TKO! The final step of the deadly combination is the Tenzan choke but Garth is doing all he can to stop the submission hold from being fully applied! Black tries to fight it but Howard’s strength is too strong and he’s able to fully lock in the Tenzan choke. Garth is writhing in pain as the ref questions whether or not he wants to tap out. Garth extends his hand as if he’s only seconds from giving up Abel runs and hits a double foot stomp right on Howard’s head! The devastating blow forces Howard to release the hold saving the match up for Abel and Garth. A dazed and injured Howard gets to his feet only to met with a Superiority Reflex completely knocking his block off. Before Abel can go for the pin Garth hits a Belly to Belly suplex on Abel with such velocity that Abel is sent into the bottom turnbuckle! All three men are down and the crowd is going crazy!

Connors: All three men are down and the anticipation is reaching a fever pitch, who is going to come out on top?!

As all three men begin to stir much to everyone’s surprise it’s an injured Alhazred that makes it to his feet first on the outside.

Cohen: He’s still here?! I thought they carted him off already?

Alhazred gets in the ring and immediately charges at Howard and begins pounding away at him. He delivers furious shots despite visibly bleeding from his forehead due to Howard’s earlier chairshot. Abel picks up the competitor but the adrenaline pumping through Alhazred leads to him hitting a Level 5 straight to Abel sending him to the ground! Howard however hits Alhazred from behind with a low-blow! He looks to lock in the Tenzan choke but Garth interrupts with a bulldog taking his face straight into the mat. He sees a vulnerable Alhazred and hits the Black Out! Before he can go for the pin however Abel throws him out of the ring and makes the cover on Alhazred 1...2…3!

Anderson: And here is your winner….Abel Hunnicutt!

Connors: Abel stole that victory!

Cohen: Blah blah blah, just add it to the list of the things Garth now has to complain.

--------------------

We cut backstage once more to find Leon standing beside an exhausted and sweaty looking James Howard. Howard looks pleased with himself, despite his loss only moment ago. He takes a towel and wipes his brow as Leon begins.

Kensworth: I am backstage, once again, with James Howard. And James, I have to ask you-

Howard tosses the towel in the face of his interviewer before grabbing the microphone from him in absolute disgust.

Howard: Oh, I know what you're going to ask, Leon. I've been here for years and I am all too aware of what you're going to ask. Why didn't I get the job done tonight? Why haven't I found my way to gold since returning to the company?

James looks at Leon as if posing those question to Leon himself. Leon shrugs his shoulders in response and shakes his head.

Howard: Well, every week I go out there and give those fans what they want to see. Every single show, I turn up to face off against the best in the business and what thanks do I get from those people at ringside? None. Well, let me tell you something, Leon. I am done giving these fans what they want. I am done turning up against the same old opponents and never making a dent in the Championship scene. Damn it, I should be a Champion by now!

Howard stops for a moment, allowing his words to be digested by the fans out in the arena.

Howard: The truth is, I can beat anyone in this company on any given day. And with Kingdom Come on the horizon, I should be in the damn main event. Everyone is running scared of Jam-

Voice: It's funny you should say that, James.

Howard turns his head to the right, looking utterly enraged that someone has the nerve to cut him off in his prime. At that, the smug features of Becky Serra wanders into shot.

Serra: Week after week, I come to work on my show and hear you running your mouth. Now, most of the time, the people who are doing the bragging are the ones who are actually doing the winning. And as long as people are winning, then I usually turn the other cheek when they want time on my show. But week after week, I see you run your mouth after running from the ring and losing.

By this point, Howard looks even more enraged; as if that were actually possible.

Howard: How dar-

Serra: I'm not finished!

Howard huffs but allows Becky to finish.

Serra: The truth of the matter is that you haven't done anything of note on my show since you returned. And if there is one thing that I need on Ascension next week, it's winners. It's the hundredth edition of WZCW Ascension and I will not have people like you hogging all of the limelight. So with that in mind, you are suspended from active wrestling until Kingdom Come!

Howard and Leon look completely stunned by the revelation but a massive cheer seems to go around the arena outside.

Howard: You can't do that!

Serra: I can do anything I like, James. And one more thing, I will personally be finding you an opponent at Kingdom Come. And should you lose, like you have been doing in recent rounds. I promise you that I will personally appeal for your release from this company myself...

With that, Becky struts out of sight, leaving James Howard with his mouth open in sheer shock. Steadying himself and huffing again, Howard storms off.

theShowIcon2.jpg

[YT]0eTjMNV__5M[/YT]​

Standing in the ring already is Showtime David Cougar. Tonight he is dressed more casually in jeans and a dressed shirt with a vest. The ring is set up as it was on Meltdown with carpet, stools, and a flat screen TV hanging over the ring. The crowd is chanting his name loudly and he let's them continue for a few more seconds before raising his hand to speak.

Showtime: I'm going to skip my opening monologue and get straight to the point. Tonight we are here to induct the 5th and next member of the WZCW Hall of Fame. Ladies and Gentleman let's give a big round of applause for... STEAMBOAT RICKY!!!

Steamboat video

The crowd explodes as the legendary Steamboat Ricky walks onto the stage, looking more like his pear shaped former self. The former WZCW champion greets everyone with hand shakes and high fives as he makes his way down to the ring. Ricky hops onto the ring apron and stands there looking at the crowd. He stands on the second rope and holds his arm up high, soaking in the applause that he receives. Ricky climbs into the ring and greets Showtime with a big hug, catching him off guard and lifting him off his feet. The two men shake hands and sit down to talk.

Showtime: Ricky, first I want to say congratulations on your induction into the WZCW HOF. A well deserved honour to cap off your illustrious career in WZCW. Next I want to thank you for coming out here tonight to celebrate that honour. I apologies for what happened last night.

Ricky: Argh, don't worry about it Showey. I'm happy to be here. Almost wasn't able to though. I cut myself shaving this morning, but it was just a little scratch that I was able to patch up.

Showtime: Glad to hear that. So, you've had a lot of big matches in WZCW, some of the very best in history. And some pretty memorable feuds as well. What match stands out to you as your biggest moment?

Ricky: Ya know, I think I'm a going to go with the easy answer her and say winning the WZCW title. Nothing bigger than winning the big one. Of course being the first ever King for a Day winner is also high up d'er for me.

Showtime: How important do you think is it for a wrestler to win something like King for a Day?

Ricky: Well from what I recall, it wasn't very helpful for Corey Payne. Yargh, hehe. You can't really tell how important it is. Lots of swashbucklers, like you and Titus, and Burna, carved out impressive careers without it. That said, for most people who do win it, it's huge. It gets them noticed and moves them into the main event. A guy like Constantine didn't beat you for the title, but he has certainly used that accomplishment to build on his legacy.

Showtime: I think one of the most shocking moments in WZCW history is when you turned heel and formed the stable RWO. What propelled you to do something like that and do you have any regrets about attacking Titus or any of it?

Ricky: No regrets d'er, you can't live life with any regrets. It was a decision I made. It is a decision I will take to my watery grave. I had a problem with the way I was being treated in WZCW and I dealt with it in a way where I was able to have great matches and stand out amongst my peers. The RWO stands as amongst my greatest accomplishments.

Showtime: Any guesses on who this years last inductee into the WZCW HOF could be?

Ricky: If it ain't me former RWO first mate Big Dave, then there will be hell to pay. I will ride my ship into this ring in protest if he isn't inducted alongside me.

Showtime: Thank you some much Ricky for being a guest of The Show here tonight. I'm going to let you now enjoy your moment with your fans. Congratulations again on your induction.

The two stand up and shake hands. Showtime puts his mic down on the table and leaves the ring. Ricky walks around and waves at the crowd and throws out some thumbs up and pirate poses.

Connor: The crowd is on their feet here congratulating one of the true pioneers of WZCW. I'm so excited for Kingdom Come and the induction ceremony.

Cohen: It's shaping up to be a terrific class. There's nobody like Steamboat Ricky in WZCW, and there never will be again.

Steamboat Ricky is still in the ring celebrating with the fans. Without warning, a hooded man enters the ring and clubs Ricky to the mat.

Connor: Who the heck is that? Somebody call security.

The man in this ring lifts his hood off, revealing himself as John Constantine. He continues stomping away on the fallen Ricky. Constantine throws the stools out of the ring and, in an impressive feat of strength, rips the flat screen off its stand.

Connor: Constantine's going to use that TV to hurt Ricky.

Cohen: This isn't right. I support Constantine being in the HOF, but this isn't right. Somebody stop him.

Constantine raises the TV high in the air, but then lowers it as a returning Showtime runs down the ramp. Constantine drops the TV as Showtime slides into the ring and the two trade punches back and forth. The crowd is on their feet as Showtime manages to land 2 and then 3 punches in a row, before Constantine kicks out the leg of Showtime, dropping him to the mat. Constantine starts to stomp him down and then picks up the TV. He waits for Showtime to get up to his feet and then swings the TV at him. Showtime narrowly avoids it and as Constantine turns around he is met by a hard right. Constantine drops the TV and Showtime continues the punches till they back up into the ropes. Showtime grabs Constantine and goes for The Final Act, but John elbows out of it and rolls out of the ring to safety. Constantine backs slowly up the ramp and wipes a small amount of blood off his lips, and smiles. Showtime checks on Ricky and helps him to his feet. He raises his arms and the two men stare back at Constantine, who continues to smile and laugh.

Conner: John appears to have gotten in the head of Showtime, but the Hall of Famer showed tonight he has plenty of fight left in him and will not back down from a challenge.

Cohen: He may not back away from a challenge, but he may be in over his head if he thinks he can best Constantine in the ring. No one has been more dangerous in the ring than he has. I'm just happy Ricky's okay and we can end this announcement on a positive note.

______________________________​

Harrys: The following combatants are scheduled for one fall, and will be tonight's Main Event!!!

[youtube]TkUKyTLYQos[/youtube]​

Taylor walks out and treats the stage as a fashion runway, posing unenthusiastically at the top of the stage before marching towards the ring. She leers at the fans through the corner of her eyes, no expression on her face. She slides into the ring, staying on all fours for a few seconds before slowing getting to her feet and posing nonchalantly once more.

Harrys: Introducing first, from Milan, Italy; Elite X Champion "The Fabulous" Eve Taylor!!!

Connor: What has this she devil not done to her own comrades? Seems to stem all the way back to her days with Aubrey Sloan. Once she's tasted victory and gold, she clutches to it more than any person.

Cohen: She's a professional. Of course she's partial to all that glitters. It's her job to stand out above the rest. Not like her opponent...

[youtube]pc2GXtwnxJU[/youtube]​

Green strobe lights flash in rhythm to the music until Stormrage makes his way onto the stage, throwing a single hand into the air as the top of the ramp. He slaps hands and interacts with fans on his way to the ring. He rolls into the ring and makes his way to a turnbuckle, climbing to the second rope and yelling out and performing his "Game Over" taunt.

Harrys: And her opponent, from San Francisco, California by way of Indianapolis, Indiana, Mikey Stormrage!!!

Cohen: The Underachiever, Mikey Stormrage.

Connor: You mean the 3x Tag Team Champion, holding a record here at WZCW. Someone who has had his taste of success practically unrivaled, yet still has room to pick off a win against exceptional talent like, say, Eve Taylor.

Before Referee Katie Shephard signals for the bout to begin, Eve makes a big deal of catwalking her way to the side of the ring and letting officials take the Elite X Championship out of her hands.

* DING DING DING *

A stare down! Mikey Stormrage gets in Eve Taylor's face as the packed crowd takes pictures from their phones. Becoming aware, Eve takes her eyes off of Mikey for a second to raise her head up- striking a photogenic pose as fans frantically capture the moment. Stormrage sees what Eve it doing, and decides to parody the face she made. He gave the fans duck lips to snap and they laughed. Taylor looked back at him, gave him a horrified look, and slapped him. Stormrage moved away for a moment, rubbing his cheek and taunting Eve. Taylor went to strike him again but Mikey moved out of the way- ran the ropes- Mikey goes for a clothesline, but misses...Eve Taylor springs off of the opposing ropes to gain momentum...and Mikey puts her down with a running body block! Eve falls into a heap and Mikey starts working on her legs, dropping elbows into them. Before the referee begins the five count he lets up and gives the fans more duck lips.

Cohen: Sure. Showboat some more. Way to mock the Main Event slot.

Connor: Wasn't Eve just doing the same thing a moment ago?

Cohen: Well yeah, but that's different.

Completely in control now, Mikey Stormrage grabs her legs again with her kicking and screaming. He pulls her to a corner. She kicks him in the midsection, pulling herself up with the ropes. Mikey retaliates by pushing his weight into her, making her connect with the turnbuckle over and over again. He proceeds with shoulder thrusts and the fans count..and so does Katie Shephard for the five count!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FI-

Mikey pulls away and wags his finger at the audience, as if they were about to get him in trouble. In pain, Eve Taylor shakes her head at Stormrage, and slips out of the ring when she sees her opening. Stormrage shrugs and steps out- pursuing her in a game of cat and mouse.

Cohen: I...I don't think I've seen Mikey this in charge of a match.

Connor: You can tell Kingdom Come is right around the corner. Now is the time to give it your all if you want a golden opportunity on the grandest of stages.

Mikey Stormrage becomes physically exhausted trying to catch the model. He shakes his head and rolls back into the ring. Eve is now on the offense- dashing in and striking Mikey blow after blow. She mounts him and begins "re-arranging" his face with a combination of slapping, punching, and elbow strikes. She pulls away, and places Mikey's head between her legs for a Figure-Four Headscissors, but she feels the pain inflicted on her legs from Mikey's assault. She winces and lets go- Mikey grabs her by her hair, a common Taylor move, and hoists her up over his shoulders. Samoan Drop! Down and out, Mikey goes for the ropes, stepping over them and facing Eve.

Cohen: N-no Mikey that's not how a gentleman behaves!

Stormrage pauses, looking over at the Kingdom Come sign. He points at it...

Eve Taylor stirs, getting to her knees...

Mikey leaps...

Taylor is on her feet and sees Mikey...

Seating Senton! Mikey drops down on top of Eve Taylor, and pulls a leg close for the pin!

1 !

2 !

Eve Taylor kicks out, but still doesn't move from the ground. Mikey Stormrage is no longer smiling, but determined to put the evil vixen away. He lifts her up and grabs her neck, placing the Abdominable Stretch on. Eve Taylor flails and claws at Stormrage's side. Out of Katie Shephard's peripheral vision, Eve digs her nails into Mikey and he cries in pain. Eventually it's too much and he lets go- clutching to the now bruised rib. She furiously grabs his hair and slams the back of his head into the mat. Eve holds on, making his head collide with the vicious mat repeatedly until Katie has to physically push her off. Eve gets into a shouting match with the referee.

Cohen: Hell hath no fury. Jesus.

Connor: There is no low Eve Taylor isn't willing to take in order to secure complete dominance among her peers.

Eve Taylor's handiwork is clearly visible now as Mikey's side starts bleeding. Claw marks everywhere, it completely baffles Mikey and this gives Eve the opportunity for the rollup-

1 !

2 !

3 !

Mikey powers through!

MI-KEY!
MI-KEY!
MI-KEY!
MI-KEY!

The chants from his fans give him the strength to pull himself up, giving Eve Taylor a weak smile. She's repulsed, and strikes him down with a High Heel Kick! Mikey crumples and Eve Taylor steps on his chest and strikes a pose for the pin- as if rubbing it in the crowd's face.

1 !

2 !

3 !

Mikey's foot touches the ropes! It's not over! Eve yanks at her hair in blinded dismay. He gathers himself, and Eve rakes his back with those lethal nails! Seeing it happen, Katie Shephard gives The Fabulous One a warning. The ref's decision gives her boos.

Connor: Give Mikey his due. He is pulling through as the blood is drained out of him.

Cohen: Am surprised he hasn't passed out yet, but that just shows how tough WZCW stars truly are.

Mikey is back up, and Eve continues her attack- Mikey strikes first, lifting her up and sending her over his head with a Fallaway Slam...and Eve is sent right into Katie Shephard! Shephard is down and unresponsive. An audible "Oh, SHIT!" comes out of his mouth as he sees the two women down.

LA CUCARRACHAAAA

LA CUCARRACHAAAA

DANANANANANAAAAA

Mikey gives the fans a look, wondering why the hell they are singing. Then realization hits as he points to the corner post, signalling for The Flying Burrito! He takes his time setting it up, climbing each buckle to the tune of the classic Mexican tune. He waits for Eve to stand completely up before jumping...

He shows off, pretending he's driving an invisible car...

Eve Taylor is up...

Mikey Stormrage comes crashing down with The Flying Burrito! but Eve headbutts him straight into the groin and he falls on his bleeding side. With the referee still down, she pants and looks at Mikey's exposed side. Her eyes light up maddeningly as she gives her well manicured hands a look over.

Connor: NO EVE PLEASE DON'T-

But she does! She drags her sharp nails over Mikey's unhurt side and starts digging into that as well. She forces herself to draw blood as the fans respond loudly for her to stop. Mikey grunts and moves away on instinct, but EVE HOLDS HIM DOWN AND GRITS HER TEETH. Eventually she pulls her nails back when he quits fighting back. She gets up, kicks at the referee to wake up. Katie Shephard begins to stir. Eve rolls her eyes and drags Stormrage to the center of the ring. She does it slowly, putting a hand over her injured leg. She pauses, seeing that Stormrage is still out. Eve wipes the blood on her chest, mockingly mouthing "Hail Cerberus!". Mikey grabs at her legs, trying to pull her down with everything he has left! Eve falters, but is the one to grab Mikey and bring him up to her. Katie is back to her feet...

Cohen: Mikey's teetering! Seems woozy after all that blood loss...

Connor: Still anybody's win. But I feel we're coming to the close. One pin and I think it's over.

Eve Taylor pulls Mikey into a headlock, going for the top rope to grind his face, but Mikey yanks her leg up and picks her off of the ground. He staggers with her in his arms... Game Over! The crowd erupts as Mikey hits his finisher! Katie gets to her knees to begin the count, but Mikey doesn't cover her! He trips on himself and falls; flipping over the top rope and landing outside of the ring! With both combatants down. Katie starts the countout.

1 ...

2 ...

3 ...

This Is Awesome! *Clap Clap ClapClapClap*

4 ...

This Is Awesome! *Clap Clap ClapClapClap*

5 ...

Cohen: Gah the suspense is TOO much. Somebody get up!!!

6 ...

Mikey Stormrage begins to move. Eve Taylor tries to roll on her side...

7 ...

Connor: Please don't end like this...

8 ...

Mikey tugs at the apron, pulling himself up slowly. He staggers and sees Eve Taylor crawl to the bottom rope. They lock eyes.

9 ...

The blood is too much. Mikey tears the ring apron as he goes down. Eve grabs the bottom rope...

and...

10 ...

...she lets go, rolling back onto her backside and stares up at the arena's ceiling. Referee Katie Shephard calls for the bell.

Harrys: As a result of a Double Count Out, this match has ended in a No Contest!!!

Cohen: What a damn shame. This was getting good. Both of these guys played to their strengths well.

Connor: Though I don't think Eve should have been allowed to continue the match since it was apparent she used her nails as a foreign weapon.

Cohen: Nah, the referee didn't see the second time she did it. Fairly legal and it was quite a showing for the big boy as well.
--------------------
[youtube]JVhDfzV941E[/youtube]​

The Catalyst immediately sprints down the ring to a frightened Eve Taylor who ducks under the bottom rope and makes it halfway up the ramp as Ramparte gets inside the ring. As she attempts to escape unbeknown to her Flex appears on top of the ramp. Eve laughs as she thinks she’s escaped as she poses with her title but the monsieur of muscle grabs her by the hair and drags her back to the ring and chucks her under the bottom rope.

Cohen: What are they doing? They can’t treat Eve like this!

Eve gets to her feet and his immediately met with a solid right hand to face sending her right back into Flex. He picks her up for a vertical suplex and Ramparte delivers a roundhouse kick to Eve’s head as Flex drops her for the brainbuster right on the Elite X title!

Connors: Flex and Ramparte have just hit Beauty’s Bitch of a Bite on the Elite X champion!

Cohen: Those monsters! But what does this mean? Have Ramparte and Flex come to an understanding?!

Flex immediately gets back to his feet as he and Ramparte begin to stare at Eve’s broken body and back at each other. Flex slowly grabs the Elite X title and looks at it before looking at Ramparte. It looks as if neither man is going to make a move but in a split second Flex tosses the belt at Ramparte who catches and Flex quickly delivers a kick to the gut sending the Catalyst to his knees. Flex positions the Elite X title in the middle of the ring and lifts Ramparte up for the Full Body Fitness right on the championship!

Connors: I think Flex finally understands Cerberus is over, and that might mean trouble for not only Eve’ championship but his partner as well.

Cohen: This is heartbreaking Cat! It didn’t have to be this way!

Flex grabs the Elite X title raises it in the air as fans cheer him own as he parades it around the ring walking over his former stablemates defeated bodies as Ascension goes off the air.

Credits:

Vee ADZ vs Cassanova vs Noay Ryder - Thriller

Fallout/Doe vs Beard/Elegant - Yaz

Howard vs Black vs Hunnicutt vs Alhazred - Dynamite

Mikey vs Eve - Spidey

Segments: Dave, Falk, Yaz, Dynamite

Boards should be up real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.