Ascension 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
[YOUTUBE]_yuXWYz78Lg[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd in Richmond, Virginia is on their feet for another installment of WZCW with a huge episode of Ascension!

Connor: We welcome you live to the 76th edition of Ascension, I'm Cat Connor and with me as always is my broadcast partner Jack Cohen.

Cohen: I couldn't be more excited, Cat! Tonight, we get Showtime's return to Ascension, and I'm ready to see a master at work!

[YOUTUBE]_8cMpFGuyHQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Titus makes his way out to the ring with a huge smile on his face and he waves to the crowd as he comes down. He has a golden statue in his hand.

Connor: Speaking of masters - it's Titus! Titus was victorious over Showtime at Unscripted in an incredible match.

Cohen: He barely eked out a victory - Showtime was still rusty!

Titus rolls into the ring and grabs a microphone from ringside. He keeps grinning as he begins to speak.

Titus: Wow, it has been some kind of a couple of weeks for me. First I defeat Showtime at Unscripted -

He pauses for a huge cheer from the crowd.

Titus: - and then I bring home yet another Oscar!

He raises the statue to the adulation of the crowd and he takes another pause.

Titus: Now that I've finally put Showtime away, I can't wait to get back into the swing of things. After all, he did say he was ready to retire, so -

[YOUTUBE]0eTjMNV__5M[/YOUTUBE]​

Showtime makes his way onto the stage to nothing but hate and he has an expression to match. He looks furious as he lifts a microphone up to begin to speak.

Showtime: I am not ready to retire, Titus.

The crowd boos and Titus looks mockingly confused.

Titus: Well, you certainly look like you are, and after getting whipped around the ring at Unscripted, you've got to feel like it to.

The crowd laughs and Showtime, if possible, looks even more furious.

Showtime: I'm not in the mood for this, Titus. I have a message for everyone here. I am not retiring. I have signed a new contract with WZCW. I am gathering my allies, Titus, and I am coming for you. And I plan on tearing apart this entire roster on my way there, starting tonight with Saboteur.

Titus appears to think that over for a moment before he responds.

Titus: So far all I see for allies for you, Showtime, is Michael Winters, who I barely even remember. And I've got Constantine on my side, who I think everyone here knows a lot better than your, uh, special friend.

The crowd laughs again and Showtime wipes his face before responding.

Showtime: Maybe I should come down there and remind you what I can do.

He takes a step toward the ring, but suddenly Vance Bateman charges out from behind the stage, mic in hand.

Bateman: No, no, none of that!

The crowd boos, excited as they were for a confrontation.

Bateman: You two had your match at Unscripted. It's time to move on, both of you. Titus, you're wrestling Baez tonight, and Showtime, you're wrestling Saboteur. You're both going to focus on that and avoid each other, or there will be consequences. And Showtime, if you want another match with Titus, you can start by impressing me against Saboteur tonight.

Showtime gives a dirty look to Bateman and Titus drops his smile. Showtime turns back to Titus and they stare each other down as WZCW cuts to commercial.

Theron is backstage reading a Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual. Vega walks into the hallway. Theron puts down his book and goes over by where Vega is walking.

Theron: Hey Vega, wait up!

Vega stops and turns to face Theron with an angry scowl across his face.

Vega: What do you want?

Theron: I never got a chance to tell you, but I wanted you to know I enjoyed our match back on Meltdown 99. It was one of the best moments of gladiatorial combat that I have been a part of.

Vega: You enjoyed that match?

Theron: Yes, I-

Vega: What about that match did you enjoy?

Before Theron Daggershield can respond, Vega cuts him off and answers his own rhetorical question.

Vega: Was it the punishment you felt at my hands during the match? Was it the punishment at my hands you felt after the match? Or was it the three seconds that nobody besides yourself seems to remember where you somehow pinned my shoulders to the ground as I held you in my triangle choke?

Theron: Three seconds is all it takes, Vega.

Annoyed by Daggershield's response, Vega disregards his retort and continues to vent his frustration towards "The Warblade."

Vega: Do me a favor, don't mention that match or its outcome to me again. Besides, who are you anyways? You're a child walking amongst men, Theron. A pathetic little child throwing his pathetic little 20 sided die as he partakes in pathetic little imaginary battles against imaginary monsters.

Vega takes a step closer to Theron, looking deeply into his eyes with an intensity Daggershield has rarely seen.

Vega: Look into these eyes Theron. These are the eyes of a monster. These are the eyes of a real monster. You keep your nose buried in your silly little books envisioning your imaginary foes completely ignorant to the true dangers staring you down in real life. Your naivety allows you to stand in front of me unafraid of the real life dangers it brings. Your naivety is also what leaves you this unafraid mere moments form stepping into the ring with a man as dangerous as Dr. Zeus.

Theron: Naivety?

Vega nods with an arrogant smile.

Theron: There's a thin line between courage and foolishness...

Vega: How do you know what side of the line you're on?

Theron: There are a lot of thin blurred lines in this world. But perhaps the clearest line of all is the line between good and evil. You can say whatever you want, but at the end of the day... I know where I stand, Vega... do you?

Vega is rendered momentarily speechless by Daggershield. After a few moments of silence, Theron speaks up.

Theron: Look, I just wanted to show my respect. I might not always agree with your strategies, but you were the best Mayhem Champion in history. Period. No other gladiator comes close. It was an honor to face you.

Vega: Do you honestly believe you can defeat Dr Zeus? Or are you just lying to yourself, your misfits and your fans like you always do?

Theron: I am no liar! I'm stating the truth when I say that I am walking into the ring free of any fear. Zeus is indeed a monster, but with the support of my fans, I can defeat any monster!

Vega: Everybody lies, Theron.

Theron: I see potential for a life altering change in you, deep down. You can't seriously be considering joining forces with Zeus? He's evil to the core, but I see something different in you. If you believe in your true self you can sever your ties to the evil that blinds you from seeing the light.

Vega shakes his head as he laughs to himself.

Vega: Are you done? You and this "light." Give it up, Theron... this world is all darkness and shadows. The light cannot survive. And the saddest thing of all, Theron... is that you truly believe in being good, in a world like this.

Theron: No, Vega. The saddest thing in a world like this... is when people like you don't.

Vega furrows his eyebrows as he takes a step back, contemplating Theron's words. Frustrated, he takes a deep breath and walks away from Theron, making his way down the hall. Theron rolls his 20 sided dice on the table behind him, it lands on a 16. He picks it back up and looks towards Vega.

Theron: There is plenty of light amongst the darkness, Vega. Maybe you just don't see it yet.

-----

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

There’s a lot of hate for Dr. Zeus as he emerges onto the ramp.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Portland, Oregon, weighing 265 pounds, The Good Doctor Zeus!

Zeus slowly treads down the ramp. He slides into the ring and turns his attention straight to the ramp.

Theron emerges to cheers from the crowd. He raises his sunglass and looks ahead at the ring, a hint of trepidation in his eyes.

Anderson: And his opponent, from Stephenville, Texas, weighing 190 pounds, the Warblade Theron Daggershield!

Connor: A battle between two of WZCW’s fastest rising young talents to look forward to here!

Cohen: I’m still wondering why Theron went to Vega for advice. Is he a moron?

Theron gets into the ring and strips to his ring gear. Keith Morse call for the bell and we’re underway! The two men tie up in the centre of the ring, but Zeus has the power advantage, backing Theron into the corner. Prince calls for a clean break, and Zeus seems to back off for a moment, but he quickly delivers a vicious throat thrust. Theron drops to his knees, clutching his throat, but Zeus quickly picks him back up and hits a headbutt. And another and another, just trying to cause as much damage to Theron as possible.

He Irish Whips Theron across the ring with force, and Theron hits the opposite turnbuckles hard, bouncing off and stumbling backwards into a waiting Zeus, who hits a running Bulldog. Zeus rolls Theron over and goes for a pin, 1… 2…. Kick out! Zeus puts his hand around Theron’s throat, and begins choking the life out of him. He uses the full five count before the referee makes him stop. With his eyes wide and sick, Zeus just circles his opponent like a vulture for a moment, before running off the ropes and hitting a Legdrop. He goes for another pin, 1… 2…. Kick out by Theron!

Zeus drags Theron over to the ropes, lifting his head and laying his neck across the bottom rope. He stomps on the back of the neck, causing Theron to cough and splutter as his throat bounces off the bottom rope. Zeus rolls out of the ring and pulls Theron out of the ring slightly, so his head is lying on the apron. Zeus climbs onto the apron, and goes for a Legdrop, but Theron manages to get out of the way! Zeus hits the apron hard, falling off and onto the floor outside.

Connor: This match was nearly over before it began!

Theron gets his bearings and goes over to the corner, climbing up to the top rope. As Zeus gets up on the outside, Theron leaps off the top rope and hits a clothesline on the outside! Both men go down, and the referee begins to count. Theron is quickly up, and pulls Zeus up. He tries to Irish Whip Zeus into the steel ring steps, but Zeus reverses! Theron manages to leap up the stairs. He jumps off, turning in mid-air and catches Zeus with a Hurricanrana!

Cohen: And we thought Zeus was unpredictable…

Theron pulls Zeus up and rolls him into the ring in time to break the referee’s count at nine. Theron goes for a pin, 1… 2… kicks out! Theron gets up and goes to the corner again. He climbs up to the top rope in Moonsault position, but Zeus desperately throws himself into the ropes, and Theron loses his balance, crotching himself on the top rope.

Zeus ties up Theron in the Tree of Woe. Zeus watches with a sick smile as Theron struggles like a trapped animal, but can’t get out. Zeus takes his time, walking to the opposite corner and watching his opponent for a while. Finally, Zeus runs at Theron, and goes for a baseball slide, but Theron sits up! Zeus’s legs hit the ringpost and Theron manages to untangle his legs. He stands up on the top rope and jumps off, hitting a double Footstomp on Zeus below him! He pulls Zeus out of the corner and goes for a pin, 1… 2…. Zeus gets a shoulder up!

Connor: It’s almost like Zeus is bringing out a more vicious side of the Warblade tonight.

Cohen: When in Rome, Cat. Or monkey see, monkey do. Whatever.

Theron wants to finish the match here, waiting for his opponent to get up, locking and loading a Critical Hit with Zeus’ name on it. Zeus is finally up, and Theron goes to strike with the Critical Hit, but Zeus blocks and counters with the Rude Awakening! He goes for a pin, 1… 2… Kick out by Theron!

Zeus doesn’t wait a second before applying a Tongan Death Grip! The crowd holds its collective breath as Theron’s arms flail wildly! Zeus squeezes tightly, not letting any air get through to Theron’s lungs. Theron seems to be fading despite the encouragement from the crowd… Until, suddenly, with a burst of energy, he grabs Zeus’ arm, and uses his legs to roll him over into an Armbar!! Zeus is struggling for a moment, but just about manages to get a foot on the bottom rope.

Zeus quickly gets up, some anger in his eyes, as Theron rubs his throat. Zeus backs into the corner and pushes himself up to the second rope and waits. Theron slowly but surely gets to his feet. As he turns around, Zeus leaps off, going for a top rope DDT. Theron dodges, Zeus lands on his feet, and Theron nails the Critical Hit out of nowhere! He hooks both legs, 1… 2…. 3!

Anderson: Here is your winner, The Warblade, Theron Daggershield!

Connor: A huge win for Theron tonight!

Theron rolls out of the ring, and smiles, despite the obvious pain in his throat. Zeus looks on, his face expressionless. Theron backs up the ramp until WHAM! The Beard comes from behind, clubbing Theron in the back of the head. Theron goes down, completely dazed. Beard manhandles him, pulling him up with ease and throwing him into the ringpost! Beard rolls Theron into the ring, leaving him at the mercy of Zeus.

Connor: Someone has to stop this!!

Cohen: I think you got your wish, CC!

Indeed, Vega has walked out to the stage to a mixed reaction. But he doesn’t go down the ramp. Inside the ring, Zeus lock on a Gogoplata on Theron, and Theron can’t do anything about it. Vega stands at the top of the ramp, looking conflicted.

Connor: Dammit, Vega! Do something!

After a few more seconds of watching Theron get choked out, Vega just shakes his head and leaves. Several referees rush to the ring to try and help Theron, but Beard gets in their way, knocking a few refs out. Blood starts to drip from the mouth of Theron. After what seems like an eternity, Zeus lets go, leaving Theron completely unconscious.

Connor: These men are sick! How can this be allowed happen!?

Zeus rolls out of the ring and heads back up with the ramp with Beard, as EMT’s try to help Theron.

Stacy Madison: I'm Stacy Madison and I'm joined at this time by Eve Taylor. Eve, tonight you battle an absolute beast, Fallout, for the Elite X title. What is your game plan for the night?

Eve: Darling, all a man like Fallout needs is a little tlc. Deep down, Fallout is a beautiful man, and just like I intend to spread my view on beauty to the world, I will show everyone that Fallout can be beautiful as well.

Madison: On a personal note, where did you get those clothes? They look great.

Eve: If you have to ask, you can't afford them darling.

Eve flashes a smile to the camera and walks off, leaving Stacy Madison fuming.
-----

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the Elite X Championship!

[YOUTUBE]MJ2LpbyucY0[/YOUTUBE]​

Eve Taylor makes her way out, treating the entrance ramp as her own fashion runway as camera begin flashing throughout the arena. She walks back to the top of the entrance ramp and poses as the crowd cheers loudly. She walks back down the ramp, high fiving fans along the way before walking up the steps and along the apron before entering the ring and posing one final time.

Anderson: Introducing first the challenger, from Milan, Italy, Eve Taylor!

Connor: The Unscripted Pre Show saw Eve Taylor defeat numerous other WZCW stars, and receive the first shot at Fallout tonight here on Ascension.

Cohen: What is this supermodel going to do against someone like Fallout? Fallout is a survivor, he has seen nothing but hell in his life. She won't stand a chance against him!

[YOUTUBE]7qPRxY_K0TM[/YOUTUBE]​

An orange cloud suddenly bursts forth from the entrance stage as Fallout marches angrily through it, stomping his way down the entrance ramp to the ring. He climbs up into the ring, holding the Elite X title at his side as he stares towards Eve, his breathing heavy, almost seething behind his mask as he stares at the super model.

Anderson: And her opponent, weighing in at 255 pounds. He is the Elite X Champion, Fallout!

Connor: Fallout was impressive yet again at Unscripted, thwarting the efforts of Matt Tastic and continuing his journey to a potential World Title shot.

Cohen: Who can stop this man honestly CC? He's been on a warpath, defeating everyone WZCW throws at him. Tonight will be no different!

Referee Elizabeth Prince goes to carefully take the title from Fallout, who allows her to take it but not without turning his head towards her, staring her down the whole time. Prince finally lifts the title high into the air before handing it to the ringside assistant as the bell rings. Fallout looks to lock up but Eve holds her hand out, causing Fallout to stop in the center of the ring. Eve poses before doing a quick cartwheel to the delight of the crowd. She does it again and Fallout finally has enough, going for a clothesline but Eve does another cartwheel, dodging the attack as she poses afterwards, incensing Fallout as he turns around, Eve taunting him more. Finally the two lock up, Fallout forcing Eve into the corner with his strength advantage. He hits a few knees to the midsection before hitting a hard European Uppercut. Fallout backs up and goes for a clothesline again but Eve slides through the middle ropes to the apron, dropping Fallout throat first onto the ropes, sending him back holding his neck. Eve hops up onto the apron and enters the ring again, catching Fallout with a quick arm drag, holding on as she keeps Fallout down, before switching and lifting Fallout back to his feet and sending him across into the ropes before catching him with a Judo Hip Toss. She goes for the quick cover, 1..........2........Fallout kicks out strongly.

Connor: So far Eve has kept Fallout off balance, almost getting into his head so far.

Cohen: And yet Fallout kicks out like nothing has damaged him. She can run all she wants, but when Fallout gets a hold of her, it'll be all over.

Eve tries to lock in a knee bar but Fallout kicks her away. He gets to his feet quickly and runs forward, delivering a swinging neckbreaker as he drops her square on her head. Fallout quickly lifts her back up and sends her into the ropes, catching her in a sleeper off the rebound. He locks in the hold as Eve flails her arms around, trying to escape the hold. Fallout begins walking around with her, lifting her off the ground before running and delivering a devastating slam! Eve rolls out to the outside as Fallout falls out after her, kicking her purposely in the face before lifting her up and slamming her face first into the ring apron. He kicks her in the midsection, walking around her before lifting her up and ramming her back first into the barricade. Referee Prince has begun the count already, up to four as Fallout begins stomping away on Eve. He lifts her up again, dragging her over to the steel steps. He suddenly drops backwards, sending Eve face first once more into the steel steps. Fallout rolls into the ring to break the count, before coming back to the outside as Eve covers her face, grimacing in immense pain as Fallout grabs her by the hair, dragging her over to the announce table, slamming her face down on the table again as Fallout continues his assault. Fallout steps back for a moment, sizing Eve up but she counters as Fallout rushes towards her, sidestepping him and tripping him up as he gets sent flying over the announce table. Eve falls to her knees as Referee Prince tells them to get back in the ring at four. Eve pulls herself up and rolls back into the ring as Fallout tries to gather himself behind the table.

Cohen: This is madness! All my stuff's been knocked down, my journalistic notes! Get back in there and end her Fallout!

Connor: Your journalistic notes? Really Jack?

Cohen: I am a professional Cat! Of course I do!

Fallout drags himself up onto the announce table and falls over next to the ring as the count has reached eight. Eve, knowing that she can't win the title by count out, rolls to the outside and grabs Fallout, rolling him into the ring. She slides in after and goes for a quick cover, 1..........2...Fallout kicks out. She pulls Fallout up, delivering a swift kick upwards, sending Fallout standing straight up. She wrenches on Fallout's arm, pulling him to the corner as she climbs up the turnbuckle, walking along the top rope as Fallout tries to wrest his arm away. Eve doesn't let go however and delivers a stiff elbow across the back of Fallout's neck! The crowd pops as Eve pops up to her feet, posing for the fans once more as she slowly climbs up to the top turnbuckle, motioning for Fallout to stand up. As Fallout drags himself up, Eve comes flying off the top rope, connecting with a big crossbody! She hooks the leg, 1.............2.........Fallout rolls through! He lifts Eve up and sets her up for the bridging chickenwing but Eve counters, getting free from his grasp and delivering a DDT to the arm! She holds on and suddenly locks in the Wardrobe Malfunction! Fallout yells out as he struggles against the hold, Eve locking the hold in tight, the crowd cheering loudly!

Connor: Eve's got the Wardrobe Malfunction locked in! Fallout's about to tap!

Cohen: No! This can't be happening! Fight out of it!

Fallout reaches out towards the ropes, but Eve lies back into the armbar, pulling Fallout crucial inches away from the break he needs. The crowd yells at Fallout to tap as Prince checks on him, asking if he wants to give up. Fallout shakes his head no as he uses his legs to spin around enough to get his foot on the ropes! Prince tells Eve to break the hold, starting the five count. Eve finally let's go at three as the crowd groans in disappointment. Eve gets up as Fallout holds his arm against his chest as she motions for him to get up. Fallout slowly drags himself up and and Eve delivers an arm wrench, setting up for the Fashion Statement but Fallout holds on and hooks both arms and delivers the bridging chickenwing! Prince counts the pin, 1...........2........Eve kicks out! Both get up and Fallout ducks under a swing from Eve and hooks his leg around hers, delivering the Mushroom Cloud Russian Legsweep! Fallout is back to his feet and walks over to the corner, climbing to the top turnbuckle. He steadies himself on the top and dives off, delivering a top rope elbow drop! He connects and quickly goes for the cover, 1.................2.............Eve kicks out once again!

Connor: Fallout was that close to retaining his title once again with that diving elbow!

Cohen: Prince is clearly biased towards her fellow woman! That count was slow!

Fallout is clearly unhappy as well, getting up in Prince's face about the count. Prince warns him to back to off as Eve slowly pulls herself back up to her feet, holding onto the ropes as Fallout slowly turns away from Prince. Eve suddenly runs forward, and connects with the Haute Couture kick! Fallout hits the mat as Eve gets up to her knees, her chest falling and rising rapidly as she tries to catch her breath. She gets to her feet as does Fallout. She grabs hold of the back of his mask and tries to pull him down with a backbreaker but Fallout grabs Eve by the hair and drags her head under his arm as he quickly backs up to the corner, climbing up and coming off with Reactor 4! He immediately locks in Radiation Sickness, choking Eve out with the cross legged triangle choke! Eve tries to struggle out of the hold but Fallout locks it in tighter as the crowd tries to cheer her on. However Eve has nowhere to go and is forced to tap out!

Anderson: Here is your winner, and still Elite X Champion, Fallout!

Connor: Fallout has retained his championship here tonight on Ascension after a hard fought battle with the supermodel Eve. I don't think Fallout expected as tough of a fight as he got.

Cohen: It was only a matter of time Cat. Fallout is just too strong and too cunning for Eve to combat.

Fallout keeps the hold locked in as Eve taps weakly again, Prince trying to get Fallout to break the hold. Finally he relinquishes the submission as he stands to his feet, Prince handing him the Elite X Title and lifting his arm in victory as he stares down at the damage he's done. He stomps over the fallen body of Eve on his way out of the ring.

Connor: Fallout adds another defense to his record, drawing closer to the all important seventh defense that leads to a shot at the WZCW World Title shot. We'll be right back here on Ascension!

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]_8cMpFGuyHQ[/YOUTUBE]​

Introducing first, from Keystone City, Kansas, weighing 225 pounds, This is........Titus!

The fans come alive as Titus makes his way onto the stage. He slaps hands on his way down the ramp, before he rolls into the ring. He walks to the far turnbuckle and hops to the second rope, pointing out to his cheering fans as they show him their appreciation.

Connor: Titus, the longest serving member of our roster, still as adored by his fans as ever, coming off a brutal beat down at the hands of Showtime and Michael Winters. You have to wonder what is going through his head right now?

Cohen: I'll tell you what he should be thinking about right now. Retirement. Titus fluked into a victory, then had to have Constantine show up to save him. Old age is catching up with him.

[YOUTUBE]X9FyQNx8oyU[/YOUTUBE]​

And his opponent...

Matt Tastic wastes no time in being introduced. He hops over the barricade by the time keeper's area, wearing the newest Mikey Stormrage shirt and a beverage in his hand.

Connor: What the hell is Tastic doing?

Cohen: Whatever he wants Cat. He is a former Mayhem and Elite X champion and a fine representation of this company.

Tastic taps Titus on the shoulder and takes a sip of his beverage as James Aubrey calls for the bell. Titus begins to advance, but Tastic holds up a hand to stop his advancing foe.

Connor: This is an absolute disgrace.

Cohen: The man is just trying to stay hydrated.

Tastic finishes his drink and throws the cup down in the ring. He then slaps Titus and spits his drink in his face. As Titus recoils, Tastic hoists Titus up over his shoulder and connects with the Headache Driver! He hooks the leg of Titus and just as the ref slides into position, Tastic hooks his feet on the ropes.
One!
Two!
Three!

Here is your winner, Matt Tastic!

Cohen: Another solid win for Matt Tastic!

Connor: He clearly cheated and made a total mockery of this company.

-----

Blade walks out to a good pop from the crowd, though his expression is serious. He lightly touches the several stiches on his forehead and heads straight for the ring, forgoing his signature taunt.

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Prodigal Son, Blade!

Blade gets into the ring and asks for a microphone.

Blade: I'm hurt, and I'm exhausted, but I'm alive. I'm still standing. At the end of the day, Triple X couldn't keep me down.

The crowd give some respectful applause.

Blade: But when you go through what I went through, something happens to you. You feel yourself change. I've spent the last week questioning everything... Questioning what I believe, questioning what I've been fighting for since I came back. Whether it's really been worth it, after having my life and career nearly torn down. I've needed this change. I've needed to put things in perspective. And, now...

Diabolos strides out, microphone in hand. He begins pacing back and forth at the top of the ramp.

Diabolos: I killed the bear! I vanquished Grizzly Bob! I ended him!

Before Diabolos realises what's happening, Blade is charging up the ramp. He grabs Diabolos by the head and throws him into the metal arch on the stage. Diabolos is on his hands and knees trying to get away, but Blade picks him up, and lifts him up into a Vertical Suplex position, dropping him down onto the ramp.

Cohen:
What the hell has gotten into Blade!?

Connor: His best friend was forced out of the company thanks to Diabolos! Of course he wants some payback!

Blade stands over the man who ended his friend's career, a hint of relish in his eyes. He pulls Diabolos up again, looks into his eyes with an intense fury, before hitting the Blade Runner on the metal. Before Blade can do any more damage, a few referees come out, trying to calm Blade down. Blade smirks and walks backstage.

Cohen: Blade is a coward! He couldn't beat X, so he takes it out on poor Diabolos?

Connor: I don't think anyone has ever said "poor Diabolos" before...

[YOUTUBE]HJIac0IPB84[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: Introducing first, from Phoenix, Arizona, weighing 225 pounds, Triple X!

As the word 'Sandpaper' is roared out a few seconds into the song, the lights dim, until only a spotlight remains as Triple X emerges from the curtain, standing centre stage. He looks left to right and walks halfway down the ramp. He looks down, soaking in the atmosphere, before throwing his hands up in an X above his head. He lowers them and continues to walk down slowly, either talking trash or with his eyes locked on his opponent. He slides into the ring and runs the ropes a few times before throwing the X up again, directed toward the stage.

Connor: Triple X has had a huge impact on the WZCW world title scene in the last few weeks. He made a shocking entrance into the four way Hell in a Cell at Unscripted, and while he couldn't win the title there, he has made it completely clear that he is out to get Ricky Runn and the world title.

Cohen: I like what I'm seeing out of Triple X lately. He put Blade down easy and he is vaulting right back into the spot a lot of people always saw coming for him - the main event.

[YOUTUBE]0307a7K2uY8[/YOUTUBE]​
Anderson: And his opponent, from Las Vegas, Nevada, weighing 130 pounds, she is one half of the WZCW World Tag Team Champions, Amber Warren!

Amber makes her way down the ramp without her usual fervor and with a distinct difference - she is now clad in the brand new mask.

Connor: Jack, everyone backstage knows by now that El Califa and Amber have had something of a falling out over her decision to buy her own mask for herself. It's causing some rocky times for our champions.

Cohen: Look, I'll be honest with you, El Califa Dragon is nuts if he's going to allow something so stupid to come between him and his partner. They're a hugely successful team and it's idiotic drama like this that rips great teams apart.

Amber and Triple X are now on opposite sides of the ring and referee Keith Morse signals for the bell. We are underway as the two begin to circle one another. They lock up in the center of the ring and while Triple X seems about to take the advantage, Warren slips behind him quickly and gets in a headlock. X shrugs it off and gets a shoulder into Warren, forcing her back into the corner where Morse calls for a break. X obliges - but not before he hits a hard chop across her chest! Morse warns X but he merely laughs it off while he waits for Amber. Warren shakes it off and comes to the center of the ring where X immediately gets on her with a headlock. Warren breaks out of it - and she grabs a fistful of hair! X shouts for the ref and Morse is on her, but Warren forces X into the corner before she breaks it off. X angrily rubs his head and Warren chops HIM hard across the chest! Morse warns her as she backs off and the uncharacteristic lack of sportsmanship has some of the WZCW Universe confused. X looks on at her angrily as he makes his way back into the center of the ring. Warren doesn't give him much time as she immediately kicks him in the gut, then leaps behind him, pulls him up, and slams him down with an inverted DDT. She rolls him over for a cover but gets only one before X kicks out.

Connor: Amber seems to be wrestling with a bit of a chip on her shoulder.

Cohen: Good for her! The good girl routine gets a little old after a while, you know.

X sits himself up and Warren tries to sneak in a pin attempt on him, leaping on his back and rolling him back over for the cover. She gets one, two, but only two as X kicks out. Warren lets X get to his feet but doesn't hesitate to whip out a backslide attempt, getting one but X is able to kick out. Warren locks in a chinlock and then flips over, bridging for a submission hold! X is having none of it and he blatantly gouges her eyes. She breaks the hold and Morse angrily warns X again, but they are soon both back on their feet. X attempts to whip Warren across the ring, but she reverses, sending X up and over the ropes! X lands on his feet and Amber rapidly mounts the corner turnbuckle - she's looking to fly! But X is quickly up on the ring apron and he shakes the ropes, sending crashing hard into the turnbuckle! She looks to have landed hard on her tailbone as X gets back into the ring and he rakes her back! Morse gets in X's face again as Warren falls into the tree of woe. X backs up to the other side of the ring, charges, leaps and NAILS a dropkick into Amber's gut. She falls out of the corner and X goes for a cover, getting one, two, but only two as Warren kicks out. X looks a little frustrated and he drags Warren to her feet, and then hurls her out of the ring.

Connor: X really is fighting dirty in this one and I think Keith Morse might have grounds to disqualify him if he wanted to.

Cohen: Oh, come on! In my day this was all part of the game. A little eye poke, a little back rake, it's as bread and butter to wrestling as a wristlock!

X leaps up and down a few times in the ring, he charges - and he pulls up short! He wipes the sweat off his brow with a laugh and the crowd boos him for teasing them. He instead waits for Warren to get back up on the apron, then suplexes her in himself. He gets one, two, but only two as Warren is able to kick out. X tries once again to whip Amber out of the ring, but she leaps up and over and stands on the ring apron. X turns to jaw with the crowd and doesn't notice her! He finally does and then charges, but Amber catches him hard across the face with a stiff forearm. She follows with a series of elbows, then springboards in and over X, and then takes out his legs with a big legsweep! She charges across the ring, leaps, and springboards backwards off the middle rope to NAIL a moonsault! She gets one, two, but only two as X kicks out. Amber pulls X to his feet and seems about to leap for a hurricanrana but X quickly punches her in the gut and stops that in its tracks. X lifts Amber up on his shoulder, but she drops behind, shoves him, X rebounds off the ropes and Amber smashes his face with an elbow strike! X stumbles into the corner and Amber heads to the opposite side of the ring, she charges and NAILS a pendulum kick! X is ROCKED and he stumbles out of the corner to collapse. Amber pulls him to his feet, she leaps into the air, gets her legs around his head - but X blocks her! She loses her momentum and he powers her up and knocks her off of him, leaving her to crash into the ground and stumble into the ropes.

Connor: Amber just can't get that Livewire Stretch off that she so desperately wants.

Cohen: X has it well scouted! You want to sit here and criticize him all day, but you won't admit he's an excellent wrestler through and through!

X rolls out of the ring to take a breath and gets caught up mouthing with a fan. X is in his face and doesn't notice that Amber has recovered, she's gone to the top rope - SHE LEAPS TO THE OUTSIDE AND NAILS X WITH A CROSSBODY! She tries to get to her feet quickly, stumbles once but then stands up, she rolls X into the ring! She rolls into the ring herself, hits the ropes, she beautifully executes THE SIN CITY EXPRESS - BUT X ROLLS ASIDE AT THE LAST SECOND! AMBER CRASHES INTO THE MAT AND X IS ON HIS FEET! He goes to the corner and he waits for her, waits for her to stand, she gets to her feet and HE TAKES HER HEAD OFF WITH THE X-RATED! HE COVERS AND GETS ONE, TWO, AND THREE!

Anderson: Here is your winner, Triple X!

X has his hand raised briefly by Keith Morse, the victor grinning ear to ear, before Morse goes to check on Amber. X puts his hands up in his signature pose before rolling out of the ring. He puts the hands back up again as he goes up the ramp. He makes one last motion around his waist as if to signify a title belt belongs there before he goes to the back.

Connor: A hard fought contest and Triple X proved again that X-Rated is just so lethal. He can win with that move from anywhere.

Cohen: One mistake by Warren and he had her. That's the mark of a man who could be the world champion, and soon.

Back in the ring, Warren is on her knees and she slaps the mat in frustration. She angrily looks around the arena, but suddenly -

[YOUTUBE]fLqXkpVGBrc[/YOUTUBE]​

Connor: What is Cerberus doing here?!

Cohen: After some easy prey!

Ramparte and Mussel waste no time in charging the ring. They each take on side of the ring and Amber gets to her feet, watching them warily but also holding her head. It doesn't look good for her as Ramparte and Mussel slide into the ring! She goes after Mussel, nailing him with elbows, but Ramprate gets behind her. She nails him in the gut, but Mussel pins her arms! They've got her pinned down!

A cheer goes up from the crowd as a man leaps the barricade - it's El Califa Dragon! He slides into the ring and nails Mussel in the back, freeing Warren to kick Ramparte in the gut. Califa tosses Mussel out while Warren kicks Ramprate until he falls, then pushes him out of the ring. Mussel goes to Ramparte and the two of them back up the ramp. Califa and Warren watch them back up, Califa yelling at them until they're on the stage. Califa turns to Warren - she starts thanking him. She looks at the ground and then moves to unlace her mask. Califa stops her, putting a hand on her shoulder. He says something to her and for the first time tonight, Warren smiles and the champions raise hands in the center of the ring.

Connor: The tag team champions stand united once more and they've held off Cerberus for the night!

Cohen: Isn't it just a wonderful story. She still lost, Cat.

-----

Matt Tastic can be seen walking around the back area, a corn dog in his hand. He passes by a closed over door and years yelling coming from inside. As he peaks inside, he can see Mikey Stormrage inside with Backstage Bob, the two playing video games. Tastic finishes his corn dog and sneaks inside, rummaging through an open dag. The bag is clearly the bag of Stormrage, as all of the clothes are plus sized and the EurAsian title belt is hanging out. Tastic picks up the belt and gets a running start and blasts Stormrage in the back of the head. As Stormrage falls to a knee and Bob bolts out of the room, Tastic rips the controller from the console and wraps the cord around the neck of Stormrage. He pulls tighter, Stormrage gasping for air.

Tastic: This is for last night, fat ass!

Stormrage struggles, but he begins to lose his fight. Just before he passes out security rushes in and pulls Tastic away. Stormrage falls to his hands and knees gasping for air and Tastic kicks and screams while being dragged out the door.

[YOUTUBE]z5rRZdiu1UE[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd cheers in adulation of the masked assassin, making his way to the ring, and stopping to take photos with fans. Saboteur places an arm around one particular fan... But the fan's body odor instantly repels Saboteur, who walks briskly away from the fan, holding his nose.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Union City, New Jersey, weighing 198 pounds, Saboteur!

Connor: Saboteur came so close to becoming WZCW Heavyweight Champion... Some would argue this man is the uncrowned champion.

Cohen:Who is arguing that? The man came up short again.

Saboteur walks into the ring, and poses on the ropes, waiting for his opponent to make his way to the ring.

[YOUTUBE]0eTjMNV__5M[/YOUTUBE]​

As the music can be heard, the crowd begins to thunderously boo. Showtime makes his way to the entrance way. He walks slowly down the ramp, not looking at anyone in the audience. Michael Winters stays by his side, offering words of encouragement.

Anderson: And his opponent accompanied by Michael Winters, from Hollywood, California, weighing 222 pounds, “Showtime” David Cougar!

Cohen: Meanwhile, this man always come through in the clutch!

Connor: You mean like he didn't do at Unscripted?

Cohen: Showtime gets amped for the matches that matter, and let's face it, what matters about Titus now?

Showtime staddles through the ropes and then spins around, holding his arms up as pyro shoots up around the ring. Referee Jurou Akiyama brings the two men together, and they stare off. He then admonishes Winters, making clear that he is not to get involved in the match, in any way. The electricity rises in the arena, as the crowd reaches a frenzy for the major match they're about to see. Akiyama gives last minute instructions, and calls for the bell.

*Ding, Ding, Ding*

Showtime immediately starts talking trash to Saboteur, getting up in his face. Showtime gives a grin to his opponent, holding the gum he's been chewing on in between his teeth. He shoots the gum, right at Saboteur's face, and it lands right at the bridge of Saboteur's nose. It falls down on the ground, as Saboteur stares down, with his hands on his hips. Showtime seems pleased with himself, nodding his head at his sign of disrespect. The crowd boos such a heinous act... But their rancor is turned to rejoice, when Saboteur delivers a massive roundhouse kick, to the side of Showtime's head! Showtime is down, as Akiyama counts a cover! 1, 2, No, just a two count! Saboteur tried to end the match quickly, catching Showtime with a massive kick to the head. Showtime attempts to shake off the cobwebs, but realizes how close he was to losing this match. He sits up, in wide eyed surprise, and reassesses his situation. He makes it to his knees... But is met with a dropkick, right to the face! Saboteur is not letting up, attacking Showtime fast and often. Saboteur looks around to the fans, who are going absolutely ballistic.

Connor: Saboteur really wants to take Showtime out of this match, before it even starts!

Cohen: The coward!

Saboteur's reckless antics have him in control, as Showtime rolls out of the ring, to a chorus of boos. Showtime paces around the ring, trying to collect himself. Winters is there to offer support, which draws the crowd's ire even more. Akiyama is already counting, and has reached 2! He turns his back to pay attention to a fan wearing a Titus shirt, and gives the fan a fairly obscene gesture. Saboteur is already getting ready, and running towards Showtime, to deliver a baseball slide. But Showtime is pulled out of the way by Michael Winters at the very last moment, and Showtime also manages to catch one of Saboteur's legs, as he slides out of the ring. Akiyama's count has reached 3, and bellows out a 4! Showtime holds on, as Saboteur tries to find some way out of this. Showtime pulls Saboteur in close to him, and delivers a punch into the stomach. He then grabs Saboteur's shoulder, and throws him right into the steel steps. Saboteur tries to stop himself, but winds up tripping, and falling first into the steel steps. Akiyama reaches 5!, but Showtime rolls back into the ring, to break up the count. Akiyama screams instructions to Showtime, who seems only half listening. He's already mapping out his next move. He's already rolled back outside of the ring, and has grabbed Saboteur's neck. He places Saboteur's face on the steel steps, and precedes to drop an elbow right at Saboteur's neck, forcing his windpipe right into the steps. Saboteur screams out in agony, and clutches to his neck in pain, as Showtime looks on in glee. He prepares to roll Saboteur back into the ring, as Akiyama screams for both men to enter the ring. When Showtime gets back into the ring, he receives an earful from the referee, but seems to ignore it. He drops a standing legdrop on Saboteur, and hooks the leg for a cover. 1, 2, Just two! Saboteur holds his neck, as Showtime hits the mat. He climbs over Saboteur and applies a headlock, to keep the pressure on Saboteur. Saboteur tries to find some way to fight out of the headlock, realizing he needs to seize control of the match before it's too late. Saboteur at first tries to create a distance, but Showtime scoots over, locking the headlock in deeper. Saboteur then decides to try and lift his leg over Showtime's head, and manages to wrap his legs around Showtime's neck. Showtime tries to hold on, but has to roll off, and rolls over Saboteur. Now Showtime still is stuck in Saboteur's leg, but is able to pick his head out. He's met with a kick, right into the face, and is staggered. Saboteur takes advantage of this opening, and makes his way to his feet. Showtime still seems staggered, so Saboteur gets a head of steam. Just as Showtime makes it to his feet, he's met with a running tornado DDT, that drives his head into the mat! Saboteur goes for a cover! 1... 2... No, just a two count! Saboteur makes his case for a three count, but realizes it will be to no avail. He gets to his feet, and summons the crowd once more, to give as much energy as possible. As Showtime makes it to his knees, Saboteur attempts another roundhouse kick. But Showtime ducks at the last second, and hits the Backstage, a vicious reverse DDT that sends Saboteur down! Showtime goes for yet another cover. 1... 2.... Just barely two! Saboteur gets a shoulder up, as Showtime is clearly getting frustrated.

Connor: Showtime seems to be throwing everything at Saboteur, but Saboteur refuses to give up!

Cohen: When's he just going to give in. He can't beat Showtime!

Showtime goes to lift up Saboteur, but as he does so, the crowd starts to go wild again! The camera catches Showtime's rival, Titus, storming towards the ring! Winters already attempts to intercept Titus, which gets Akiyama's attention. Showtime does his best to keep his attention in the ring, and slaps Saboteur in the face. This slap spins around Saboteur, who manages to hit GOOOOOOOAL! Akiyama is still occupied by Winters and Titus, who at this point are throwing clubbing blows at one another, outside the ring! Security has stormed the ring, and Akiyama is now trying to keep both men at bay, and keep order in his match. Saboteur makes it to his knees, and looks at his fallen opponent

But a hand reaches out to Saboteur, from the ring! A hole in the ring shows a hand, that has now grabbed Saboteur by the neck! Saboteur fights free, but his neck and head have already seen considerable damage. He fights with all his strength, but is actually sucked down, through the hole in the ring! The crowd boos thunderously, but also seems tense, waiting to see what will become of their hero. They wait for some time, before Saboteur's limp body is finally pushed back up from the hole.

Connor: I.... Jack, what have we just seen?

Cohen: I have to be honest, CC.... I have no idea...

Showtime still is out of it, but manages to have the wherewithal to crawl over to Saboteur's limp body, and drape an arm over him. Titus and Winters have been separated, and Akiyama commands them both back to the locker room. He looks to the ring, to find Showtime has made a cover attempt. Akiyama counts.

Akiyama signals for the belt, as the crowd is dead silent, over what has just happened.

Anderson: The winner of this match, "Showtime" David Cougar!

Connor: What a cheap win! Saboteur had Showtime right where he wanted!

Jack Cohen takes a breath to say something, but the very same hand that dragged Saboteur under the the ring has now reappeared. The crowd boos, but also awaits who the hand belongs to, to reveal himself...

Dr. Zeus' sadistic smile can now be seen, as the crowd makes the Good Doctor aware of their disapproval. The Beard rolls out, from underneath the ring, to even more boos.

Connor: What... What is the meaning of this?

Dr. Zeus signals for The Beard to enter the ring, and Zeus swipes the microphone from a ringside attendant.

Zeus: Vega, what exactly is it you demand?!
How about your rival, unconscious by our hand!
Saboteur lays here, a sacrifice of our crusade!
Your heroes will all crumble, much to your dismay!
So Vega, listen closely, for this may just suffice!
Tonight, in this ring, Saboteur becomes our sacrifice!

Connor: Our sacrifice?! Jack, what does he mean?!

Cohen: Don't you get it, CC? Saboteur is in massive trouble right now...

Dr. Zeus signals for Beard to lift up Saboteur, and grab him by the neck. Zeus also clutches to Saboteur's neck, reveling in every last second. Zeus and Beard lift Saboteur up for Absolution, a double chokeslam to an already unconscious Saboteur. Zeus locks in Euthanasia, and while security attempts to stop Zeus, Beard is keeping security at bay, throwing out those brave enough to stop these monsters. When Zeus is satisfied, he lets go of Saboteur... But doesn't stop his maniacal gaze. He laughs an awful laugh, and looks around... to the outside of the ring. He rolls outside, and grabs a chair. Any security that attempts to detain Zeus is pushed aside, and any paramedics brave enough to try and help Saboteur are kept at bay by The Beard. Zeus gets the chair, and throws it into the ring. He opens the chair a little bit... And places Saboteur's head and neck into the now opened portion of the chair. He looks at his new charge... And orders him to climb the ropes.

Connor: What's he telling him?

Cohen: Zeus is telling Beard to climb to the top rope, and jump on the chair, and drive it right in to Saboteur's neck!

Connor: Dear God... Someone, stop this please! They can't do this, someone has to stop this!

The Beard has already reached the top rope, as security tries to intervene. Zeus raises his hand to Beard... Before driving his thumb straight down. The Beard drops a knee on the chair, and immediately, blood can be seen gushing from the mouth area of Saboteur's neck. The crowd sits in absolute quiet... As Zeus laughs on. There is a stunned silence in the audience, as paramedics rush towards Saboteur's body. Zeus backs them away once more, and orders for Beard to lift up Saboteur. Beard rolls Saboteur towards the apron, and climbs out of the ring. Beard lifts Saboteur in a crucifix position, holding him high above his shoulder with his arms, as Saboteur's limp body hangs high. The last scene we see, before the WZCW logo, is The Beard carrying Saboteur's body, into the darkness.

Credits

Haiku: Showtime/Saboteur, segments
Harthan: Warren/Triple X, segments
Yaz(That's me): Titus/Tastic, segments
Ty: Fallout/Eve Taylor
Blade: Theron/Zeus, segments

That's Ascension. Hope you enjoy it. Stay tuned tomorrow for Aftershock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back