Ascension 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

the Frog

The pyro goes off, to cheers from the hot crowd in Kansas City.

Connor: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Ascension!

The crowd gives a big pop as Blade walks out onto the ramp, smile on his face. He points to his waist before doing his signature taunt and heading down to the ring.

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Prodigal Son, Blade!

Blade gets into the ring and looks out into the crowd with a smirk before asking for a microphone.

Cohen: Tonight, the semi-finalists of the Gold Rush tournament face off in a tag team match, with Krypto and Ricky Runn facing the Beard and this man!

Blade: Next week, at Redemption, the Gold Rush tournament will end when the final four men battle to get a World Title match.

The crowd applaud in anticipation for the semi-finals and finals.

Blade: I find myself looking at the final four men thinking, I can do this. No one has worked harder than I have since I debuted back in 2009. That really feels like a long time ago. Since then, I may not have lived up to the potential everyone thought I had. But I am sick of being coming so close only to be knocked back. This is no longer one step forward, two steps back for me. I am all in, I am putting it all on the line at Redemption to get that title shot that I’ve waited so long for. That belt will be around my waist, but it won’t just belong to me, it’ll belong to you, and you, and you, and everyone who has been held down, held back and dared to go against the status quo.

The crowd applauds Blade, but as he’s about to continue, he’s interrupted by this music:

Ricky Runn struts out onto the stage, smirk across his face, microphone in hand. The crowd is giving a mixed reaction, with many unhappy that Blade was interrupted. Ricky slides into the ring, and gives Blade a ‘Come at me, bro’ pose, as Blade looks on bemusedly.

Runn: Blade, bro, you’re making all these claims about how you’re gonna win, but you haven’t had any swag since you had the EurAsian, like eighty years ago.

The crowd boos as Blade facepalms.

Runn: I’ve overcome the odds, odds which shouldn’t have been against me because I am so swagtastic. I don’t plan on losing tonight or at Redemption, cause this opportunity might be my first and last, and as I always say, YOLO!

The crowd laughs at Runn’s philosophy, until this music hits:

The crowd pops as the stoney-expressioned Beard stomps down the ramp, ready to have his say amongst the other semi-finalists. He slides in the ring and shakes his head at Ricky Runn, who is posing like a rapper from the 90’s.

Beard: Ricky, it’s unfortunate that you only live once, because if we cross paths at Redemption, I’m going to rip your head off.

Runn: What do you mean that I only live once... Wait, is that what YOLO stands for? Yeah, that makes sense, actually…

Beard gives Runn a look of pitying before turning towards his tag team partner for the night.

Beard: Blade, we may have come to a temporary understanding tonight, but once we put down this moron, that ends. You talk like you’re the only one who deserves this opportunity, like you’re the only one who has worked his ass off to get here. The one thing Ricky was right about in his bizarre ramblings is that what you’ve done in the past doesn’t matter now. We are team mates tonight, but at Redemption, you’ll see that you’ve never faced anyone like me.

Blade goes to retort, but once again is interrupted, this time by:

The crowd cheers loudly as Krypto rushes down the ramp and gets into the ring. He’s given a microphone, but he seems slightly out of breath.

Krypto: I’m sorry I almost missed it!

He doubles over as he tries to catch his breath, as the other three look on, confused but amused.

Krypto: I was in the back, trying a bag of Funions for the first time, when I heard this going on! I know how this works, all the semi-finalists are supposed to trade insults and boast of their abilities and confidence before a brawl breaks out! I’m glad I got here in time. Blade, your understanding of economics is flawed! Beard, your facial hair is rather unkempt! And Ricky, I’m sorry to say this as we’re teaming tonight, but I find your sunglasses to be unfashionable!

The crowd laughs and applauds Krypto’s attempted trash talk. Krypto raises his fists.

Krypto: Now that everyone’s feelings are hurt, should we begin to brawl?

Beard and Blade look at each other, shrug and leave the ring. Krypto looks disappointed, but turns to Runn and raises his fists again. Runn looks nervous, unsure how to react, before he shouts something about leaving his iron on top of his fur coat and gets out of the ring. Krypto is left alone and disappointed, but the crowd gives him a hearty round of applause, which he clearly appreciates.

Connor: Well, they didn’t start brawling this time, but they’ll will be in our main event tonight!

Anderson: Introducing first, from Wales weighing at 15 Stone, Garth Black!

Garth Black emerges drinking water. At the ramp the camera approaches as he mouths off “still drug free, thank you for asking” before continuing his march to the ring.

Connor: Garth has been solid since his return but has yet to make any significant impact. A non-title win over the Elite X Champion can change all that in a hurry.

Cohen: Not with that attitude he's not. Show some grit, like you did with Phoenix back in the day.

Anderson: And his opponent, from the Mechanical Mecca, the Elite X Champion, S.H.I.T.!!

SHIT emerges holding up his Elite X title as the crowd cheers on. He marches down to the ring and slaps hands with the crowd. Sadly the people slap back seem to get hurt afterwords, but none the less they cheer on.

Cohen: How are his “hands” legal?

Connor: They're a part of his anatomy, Jack.

Cohen: Of course.

* Ding Ding Ding *

The match is quickly underway , referee Dillon Morse assigned this contest. Garth hammerlocks SHIT's rather odd arm to try to get an early advantage. The Elite X Champion tries to slip out, but it's bulky body does not allow it to do so. Garth keeps the pressure going though, forcing SHIT to reach for the ropes. Garth doesn't allow it. Pulling the champ to the center of the ring. SHIT retaliates by rolling backwards escaping the hold. But Garth quickly grabs a Northern Lights Suplex for an early pin.

One!.......

Two!............

Thr- Kickout! The machine manages to kick out.

Connor: Garth looks to have the early advantage. But he clearly has a hard time handling SHIT's odd physique.

Garth tries to keep the advantage, but SHIT knocks him down with a Clothesline. He races the ropes as Garth gets up and delivers a second one and finally a third for the trifecta. Garth once again gets up but is met with a European Uppercut. SHIT looks to follow up, but Garth uses his legs to trip the resident robot down. He grapevines the leg attempting to lock in the Cold Turkey but SHIT reaches the ropes.

Cohen: That would've been big trouble for the big lugnut.

Referee Dillon Morse instructs Garth Black to release the hold and he obliges. But then pulls on SHIT to put him in the center of the ring. He once again attempts the Cold Turkey, but SHIT kicks him off before he can be turned on his belly. The champ returns to his feet and catches Garth with a big right.... um... claw? To the face. An Irish whip is followed by a Neckbreaker that leads to SHIT's first fall of the match.

One!......

Two!..........

Thr- Garth gets the shoulder up to keep the match going.

Connor: Looks like Mr. Black is falling behind in this match.

Cohen: Well he's facing a champion, whether he's a good or bad one. He's not gonna be a simple walk in the park.

Garth fights off SHIT with a series of fists to SHIT's rather large head. He tries to hoist the mechanical one on his shoulders for the Falling Off The Wagon but SHIT slips out. Garth turns around to meet his adversary and quickly retaliates with an Enzuigiri. Sending SHIT backing to the turnbuckle. Before SHIT can react though, Garth comes jumping in, Getting Off The Wagon. SHIT tumbles as Garth sees an opening.

Connor: Oh, this might be Garth Black's big win!

Cohen: Not if he's stays there thinking about it.

Garth heads up top and looks on. Measuring SHIT for the Come Down. But as leaps, SHIT rolls back in an unbelievable display of flexibility. Garth Black crashes and burns but tries to get up fast. But SHIT is quick and delivers the devastating PISTON CHOP! It takes a while as Garth takes a few slow steps, but he tumbles down enabling the mechanical one to roll him for the pin.

One!.......

Two!...........

Three!

Anderson: Here is your winner, the Elite X Champion, the Scaled Humanoid Industrial Technology, S.H.I.T!

Connor: WOW! The champion knocked it out of the park with that one. He did a back roll. Twice, actually.

The Elite X Champion tries to slip out, but it's bulky body does not allow it to do so. Garth keeps the pressure going though, forcing SHIT to reach for the ropes. Garth doesn't allow it. Pulling the champ to the center of the ring. SHIT retaliates by rolling backwards escaping the hold.
Connor: He's packed with surprises. Here's the second one.

Garth heads up top and looks on. Measuring SHIT for the Come Down. But as leaps, SHIT rolls back in an unbelievable display of flexibility. Garth Black crashes and burns but tries to get up fast.

Cohen: Yeah, yeah. We get it. He's a robot and he can wrestle. My question is if he can do it when his title is on the line. Speaking of which, who'll be his first challenger. Or what's the big change to the title.

Connor: And finally, the period in the sentence. the devastating Piston Chop.

Garth Black crashes and burns but tries to get up fast. But SHIT is quick and delivers the devastating PISTON CHOP! It takes a while as Garth takes a few slow steps, but he tumbles down enabling the mechanical one to roll him for the pin.
SHIT gets his hand raised by Dillon and the title handed back to him as Garth rolls out and leaves the ring. SHIT holds the title up on the air as the crowd cheers for him.

* S! H! I! T! S! H! I! T! S! H! I! T! *

Cohen: Woah, when did we get cheerleaders?

SHIT rolls out of the ring and high fives fans around ringside before grabbing a mic and getting back in the ring.

SHIT: This one has analyzed and determined that the best course of action as champion is to confront a challenger. Therefor S.H.I.T. will meet with whoever win's tonight's 4 Way. This one will continue to prove why it is the greatest Elite X Champion in history. S.H.I.T. exists only to destroy and it will prove it at Redemption by destroying whatever human dares to opposite. Promo has now concluded.

SHIT heads up the ramp as his music hits. The crowd once again cheers on.

* S! H! I! T! S! H! I! T! S! H! I! T! *

SHIT raises the mic again for another speech.

SHIT: SHIT has come to a conclusion. No matter who challenges this one, that human will have inferior genitals.

Shit drops the mic and walks off.

Cohen: Wow. Now there's a statement.

Connor:Can't wait to see who win's that 4 Way later tonight. Or that big change is gonna be.

The scene begins with a black screen and some music.

[YOUTUBE]JByDbPn6A1o[/YOUTUBE]​

We a see a clip from when Krypto debuted against Derek Jacobs.

The shot transitions and we see a clip of him competing in the Mentor Program Relay at Apocalypse.

We transition to a shot of him being hoisted onto the shoulders of Saboteur and Action Saxton after actually winning the Mentor Program.

The shot then transitions to him going toe-to-toe with Vega at All or Nothing for the Mayhem Title.

The shot transitions once again to a shot of Krypto being triumphant over the colossal monster, Facecrush.

Then we see a shot of him hitting the Alienator with the Power Glove on his foot to Alhazred.

Finally, we see a shot of fans brushing their hands on his shoulders as he walks through the crowd during one of his entrances. The scene fades out until some gold words appear on the screen alone.

Championship Material

We cut backstage and see Amber Warren shaking her hands before her upcoming bout with Mason Westhoff. Suddenly, El Califa Dragon walks through the door and into her locker-room. Warren lets out a breath of anxiousness. Califa takers her head and presses his own forehead against hers.

Califa: El Califa has taught you well.

Warren: Yeah, but this is my first single match since I came under your mentorship. What if I fail? I mean, it is TSA. They are vile and dastardly

Califa: Do not worry about "failure" Amber. El Califa only wants you to worry about fighting with heart and honor. If you fight with those, then you can never lose. El Califa believes in you. You can do it. TSA is will fall to the dragons.

The scene ends with an awesome moment between the young team as they remain forehead-to-forehead in wake of Amber Warren's upcoming single match.

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]0307a7K2uY8[/YOUTUBE]​

Introducing first, from Las Vegas, Nevada, weighing 130 pounds, Amber Warren!

As soon as Amber's theme hits, she wastes no time in making her way down the ramp, slapping hands with the fans. When she gets in the ring, she blows kisses as she rises on the turnbuckle. She even takes a moment to shake the referee’s hand before the match.

Connor: Young Amber Warren, full of energy, in singles action tonight.

Cohen: It will be interesting to see what she has picked up from her partnership with El Califa Dragon. I've seen a lot of kids with potential roll through, but if I had a dollar for every young kid with potential who amounted to nothing I wouldn't have to be behind this booth.

[YOUTUBE]rkrjE4QRsys&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]​

And her opponent. Making his way to the ring, from Phoenix, Arizona, weighing 220 pounds, David Whitman!

David Whitman gets out, gazing emotionless across the sea of faces. He walks down the ramp, in an almost meditative state, and enters the ring. He leans on the ropes, never taking his eyes off Warren.

Connor: David Whitman, also taking a break from tag action tonight. He hasn't exactly set the world on fire, but he has quietly pieced together a solid record under the guidance of the wicked Grand Mystique.

Cohen: Speaking of potential, I see something special in Whitman. I think it is only a matter of time before he breaks out on his own.

The ref calls for the bell and instantly Warren rushes in, closing the gap. Whitman throws her aside, but she comes right back to the same result. The third time around she stops short, catching Whitman off guard. She uses the slight opening to hit a couple of crisp jabs. Whitman fights through and ties up, working to a side headlock. He wrenches on it as the smaller Warren tries to fight out. He delivers a few uncontested blows to the head before he releases the hold. He follows it up with a quick dropkick, putting Warren down. He quickly latches onto a seated armbar. Warren stomps her foot on the mat in pain as she extends her arm looking for the bottom rope. She reaches out and grabs it...1!...2!...3!...4!...and Whitman releases the hold. He kicks the head of Warren to push her away as he hops to the second turnbuckle. He leaps and drops a leg across Warren, before rolling over into a cover...
One!
Two!
Kick out as Warren gets a shoulder up. He grabs a hold full of hair and lifts Warren to her feet. He positions her and snaps her back with a quick suplex. He again covers her...
One!
Two!
Again Warren gets a shoulder up. Whitman pushes his opponent down before standing and pondering his next move. He begins to lift Warren, who does her best to fight back, but to little avail. He hits a couple of right hands to soften her up before Irish whipping her across the ropes. Warren comes off the ropes with a crossbody, looking to take Whitman by surprise. Warren's plan doesn't pay off however, as Whitman catches her and puts her down with a backbreaker.

Connor: Normally a ball of fire, Warren has come out flat tonight.

Cohen: Whitman is by no means a small man, but the size difference over Warren is really helping him out tonight. Smart play on his part using it to his advantage.

Whitman puts his technical prowess to good use, locking onto a chinlock, but not before pulling Warren away from the ropes. As Warren struggles to fight out, Whitman is able to slip an arm under the chin and transition to a sleeper hold. He holds on tight as Warren begins to wane. The ref gets in position and checks on Warren, who doesn't respond. He lifts an arm and lets it fall limply to the ground.
One!
The ref raises the arm again, and again it falls.
Two!
James Aubrey grabs the arm for the third and final time. It begins to fall, but just before it hits the ground Warren begins to come to life.
NO!
The ref signals that Warren is still in the match and the crowd comes alive as Warren begins to clap along with them, feeding off their energy.

*Clap Clap Clap* Am-ber Warren *Clap Clap Clap* Am-ber Warren

Warren begins to rise, hitting a series of elbows to the midsection as she stands. Finally she shoves Whitman back and begins to unleash with a crisp combination of lefts and rights, showcasing her amateur boxing background. She goes to follow it up with a stiff kick but Whitman catches her leg. It doesn't deter Warren however as she wings around and connects with a dragonwhip kick.

Connor: It appears that Ms. Warren has finally found her energy, feeding off this electric crowd.

Warren jumps to her feet, saluting the crowd. She waits for Whitman to stand, who rushes at her. She leapfrogs and upon landing on her feet connects with a near picture perfect Pele kick. She hooks a leg...
One!
Two!
Whitman kicks out. Warren musters all her strength and picks up Whitman from behind. She puts him back down with an inverted DDT before she points to the turnbuckle, calling for the Sin City Express. She leaps to the second, then the top rope. Just as she is about to jump Whitman brings his knees into his chest to block the move. The athletic Warren is able to adjust just enough mid air and land on her feet. Before Whitman is able to react, Warren runs and stacks up Whitman...
One!
Two!
Three! Whitman kicks out, but it is too late.

Anderson: Here is your winner, Amber Warren!

Connor: Way to go girl! Solid win for Amber Warren over a very game David Whitman.

Cohen: Heads up play by Warren, but she started out too flat today. More experienced wrestlers will make her pay for that in the future.

Whitman argues his case with the ref who waves off his protests. Warren allows the ref to raise her arm as she waves to the fans with her free hand as the camera fades to commercial.

Saboteur is standing backstage and seems to be on an unstoppable rant.

Saboteur: That’s right, my tag team partner is 15 feet tall, has titanium legs, laser cannons for arms, and an IQ of 220…. Figuratively of course. Really he’s just a regular guy that’s really good at wrestling.

The camera pans down and to the right, revealing Saboteur’s enthusiastic conversation partner.

Krypto: Yeah, my girlfriend is pretty much the same way.

Saboteur: You don’t have a girlfriend.

Krypto: Yes I do! People have seen my girlfriend. Nobody has seen your mystery tag team partner. Therefore, it is more logical to believe that I have a girlfriend as opposed to you having a tag team partner.

Saboteur: Well just tune into Redemption, greenie, you’ll see that my mystery tag team partner is the real deal.

The titantron cuts to what appears to be a darkened room where a hairy man currently sits with his back facing the camera, holding in one hand what appears to be a replica of the WZCW Tag Team championships. It has the nameplate of "The Beard" on them.

A clip cuts to where the Bearded Gentlemen won the WZCW Tag Team Championships​

We transition the other side of the Beard where he holds the trophy of being WZCW's Most Manliest Man.

Another clip appears of The Beard having his hand raises by Action Saxton.​

We go from behind Beard where we see him looking up at the most recently updated poster of the Gold Rush tournament with marker scribbled all over the poster. Krypto, Blade & Runn's images have been completely crossed out in black marker. Beard steps up from his seat, heads over to the poster and pulls out a different coloured marker from the rest, writing something in front of Beard's picture. He smiles before he tosses the marker away, leaving us with an image of Beard's face with the words "FEAR THE BEARD" written underneath.

Championship Material

We cut to a four-way shot of Isabel Stone, Matt Tastic, Justin Cooper, and Ace Stevens walking down separate hallways. Stone is rubbing her jaw, Tastic is sneering as he stares down the hallway, Cooper sports a smug look, and Stevens is stretching his arm.

Connor: When we come back we will see these four superstars compete for a shot at the Elite X Title at Redemption. All that is coming up next! Don't go away!

Anderson: The following contest is a Fatal Four Way match scheduled for one fall where the winner will face S.H.I.T. for the Elite X Championship at Redemption!

[YT]BnkC7MIhmsA[/YT]​

The crowd begins booing as the most vicious female of WZCW walks out onto the stage with her hands on her hips, scowling at the audience as they continue giving her a negative reaction.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, weighing 152 pounds, Isabel Stone!

Connor: Despite being knocked out of the Gold Rush tournament, Isabel Stone gets herself another chance to become the first ever female competitor to win a WZCW championship.

Cohen: And at a quicker rate! It might not be the World title but ever WZCW belt is prestigious enough to hold with pride.

[YOUTUBE]edbl6_OxRIE[/YOUTUBE]​

A mixed reaction can be heard although unbalanced between boos & cheers (mostly boos) as Tastic slowly enters out on stage and down the ramp.

Anderson: Next, from Orange County California, weighing 238 pounds, "The Killjoy," Matt Tastic!

He stops mid-way down the ramp to see one of his few cheering fans asking if he is carrying any food. Tastic says he might have something and looks in his overcoat pocket before pulling out his hand, giving the little kid the finger.

Cohen: Ha! I love it!

Connor: The poor kid is crying now. I know Tastic's frustration and anger has gotten the better of him but I honestly thought it would bypass.

Cohen: The hatred that Tastic has within won't be leaving for some time, CC. He is going to disregard all the fans until they learn that he is for himself from now on.

[YOUTUBE]js6TBze6vNA[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: Making his way to the ring, from Sydney, Australia, weighing 210 pounds, Mr. Cooper!

Again, the crowd continues their displeasure as Cooper walks out with a sinister grin on his face as he slides his hand through his hair before sauntering down to the ring.

Cohen: Does WZCW Management even listen to its employess any more? This is a number one contendership match is for the Elite X, not the Eurasian title.

Connor: And if I recall correctly, Jack, you said every title should be sought after as much as each other. What makes the Eurasian title belt more prestigious than the Elite X?

Cohen: No, I meant that Justin wants Chris but since K.O fears Cooper, he's in this match instead. Don't quote me again.

[YOUTUBE]UGOKybEdFUU[/YOUTUBE]​

For the first time since the introductions started, the crowd is fully behind a WZCW superstar as they cheer loudly for the arrival of Ace Stevens. He begins strutting out and combing his hair before embracing the fans.

Anderson: And the final competitor, from Brooklyn, New York, weighing in at 228 pounds; Ace Stevens!

Cohen: So now they choose a favourite? What picky people.

Connor: Ace Stevens is the only competitor that hasn't cockily walked down the ramp nor disregarded the fans. If I were them, I'd be supporting that guy. Apparently people don't like being talked down to, right Jackie boy?

Ace Stevens slides into the ring where the other three competitors are alongside referee Elizabeth Prince. Stevens removes his leather jacket and tosses it to the outside as Prince checks on all four competitors before she decides to signal for the bell.

* DING * DING * DING *

Isabel Stone cockily steps into the middle of the ring and begins telling off the three other males in the ring, letting them know that she'll be walking out this match with the title opportunity. It isn't long until Tastic steps forward, telling Stone to piss off before pushing her back. She falls on her backside and scowls at Tastic, immediately popping up and pouncing on Tastic as the two begin to brawl. Cooper leans back in the turnbuckles, watching the action until he sees Stevens approaching his position. He immediately exits the ring and retreats but Stevens decides to follow him to the outside. As Stevens stalks Cooper around ringside, Stone has gotten the better of Tastic and hits an elbow swing across his face, knocking him back.

Stone then rushes the ropes, looking to gain momentum. However, Cooper slides into the ring and runs at a running Stone, taking her down with a flying shoulder block. Stone bounces backwards and falls to the canvas. Stevens slides in behind Cooper and goes after him but Tastic steps forward, delivering a flapjack onto Stevens. He gets up but is met by a kick to the gut and a jawbreaker from Cooper. He goes over to Tastic to attempt a cover but Stone is on one knee, hitting an upward hand smack to Cooper's noise. She gets up and runs at Cooper, spearing him into the corner. She steps back, taking a breath but gets rolled up by Stevens...

... 1

... 2

... Cooper breaks up the pin.

Cohen: This action is happening too fast. I can't keep up.

Connor: This is what happens when you put four tough competitors in a match with a prize.

Stevens approaches Cooper as he begs not to be hurt but at the last second, delivers a thud to the eye on Stevens. The crowd boos as Stevens holds his eyes and flails around before Stone is up an delivers a cartwheel punch to Stevens, knocking him down. The two seem pleased with themselves before Tastic comes out of nowhere, knocking them both down with a double clothesline. Tastic holds his jaw before picking up Cooper and shoving him into the corner, delivering a series of kicks before finishing up with a spinning backfist. Cooper drops to the ground whilst still in the corner as Tastic turns around to see Stevens recovering, using the ropes to assist him to his feet. Tastic grabs his arm and whips him across the ring, looking for his signature spinebuster but Stevens reverses into a facebreaker knee smash. Tastic holds his face as Stevens hits a European uppercut on Tastic, knocking him down. Stone jumps up and onto the back of Stevens, attempting a sleeper hold as Stevens flails around before getting his ground and delivering a modified snapmare on Stone. Stevens shakes his head as Stone recovers, allowing enough time for Stevens to hit a swinging neckbreaker on her. He goes for the cover...

... 1

... 2

... Stone kicks out.

Connor: Stevens has been pretty consistent thus far, gaining control of the match and getting all the pinfall attempts.

Cohen: He is now but all that matters is who wins. In a hectic fatal four way such as this, the person in control for the entire match could still lose. All it takes is to look away whilst one competitor secretly pins another.

Stevens gets to his feet but is met from behind by Tastic who picks him up with an inverted atomic drop before delivering a choking Russian legsweep. Prince tries to break apart Tastic from Stevens as he deliberately chokes him out but it is not until Cooper's interference that Tastic stops, using a boot to the face. Tastic gets up and Cooper is there to deliver a backhand chop to Tastic, causing him to clutch his chest. Cooper manages to pick up Tastic and prepares him for an airplane spin. Stone recovers and looks to attack Cooper but Stevens hits a knife edge of his own on Stone before picking her up for an airplane spin as well. Cooper & Stevens synchronise their spins with the crowd applauding. They continue this for a few more seconds before they down Tastic & Stone who wobble around in a disorientated fashion.

Connor: Matt Tipsy & Dizzy Stone!

Cohen: ... get out.

Both Cooper & Stevens look at each other and nod, kicking their respective opponents in the gut before delivering simultaneous scoop slams. Cooper & Stevens get up and finish them off with a standing elbow drop, both going for a double pin. Prince looks confused but she goes down to count both...

... 1

... 2

... Stone & Tastic kick out at the same time.

Cooper argues with the referee about her terrible counting but it isn't for long as Stevens decides to take down Cooper with a kick. He falls back and crawls away as Stevens goes on the hunt. Cooper turns around as Stevens goes to pick him up, using a double leg takedown that causes Stevens throat to go straight into the ropes, causing him to bounce back. Both men try recovering by using each other to pull themselves up to their feet but isn't for long as Stone has recovered and rebounds off the ropes, delivering a double baseball slide to a foot of Cooper & Stevens. They both drop to one knee as Stone rolls out the way, allowing Tastic to come in and deliver a double DDT to both Cooper & Stevens.

Cohen: Since when did this contest become a tag team match?

Before he can do anything, Stone charges at Tastic and delivers a running headbutt to his stomach, causing him to drop. Stone turns to Cooper and goes for the pin...

... 1

... 2

... kick-out.

Stone goes over to Stevens...

... 1

... 2

... kick-out.

Frustrated, Stone tries Tastic...

... 1

... 2

... power-out.

Stone slams the mat and lets out a high-pitched scream that causes many people in the front row and the referee to flinch.

Connor: My ears hurt.

Cohen: Now you know how I felt when you made that funny earlier on... but yes, that wasn't necessary from Izzy. Pick one and finish them off!

Stone decides to call for the finish and heads over to the turnbuckles, climbing up to the top rope and looks to be going for the Crash Course. She dives off but Tastic recovers to his feet, getting himself in prime position to hit his signature rolling spinebuster whilst Stone is in mid-air, driving her into the canvas as he goes for the pin...

... 1

... 2

... Stevens break up the pin attempt.

Tastic tries to get up but Stevens delivers a high knee shot to him, causing him to stumble into the corner. Stevens takes a few steps back before running at Tastic, hitting a corner splash. He moves out of the corner backwards, allowing enough room for Tastic to stumble out of the corner. Stevens prepares himself and calls for the finish as he smacks his elbow, turning around and looking to run towards the ropes. However, Cooper is there and delivers a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker to Stevens, taking him out. Cooper looks at his work with a smile before turning to Tastic, looking to hit Your Final Verse. He goes to deliver but Tastic blocks the move, kneeing Cooper in the stomach before hitting the Headache Driver! Tastic falls on top of Cooper...

... 1

... 2

... 3 as Stone looks to break up the pinfall.

Prince signals for the bell as Stone drops to the mat, not believing that the match has finished in Tastic's favour. She slams the canvas as she rolls out o the ring, upset over the victory.

Anderson: Here is your winner; Matt Tastic!

Connor: A hard-fought victory for Tastic tonight. He'll definitely be a little more content after that win. Hopefully he won't abuse the fans as much now.

Cohen: I'm more worried about someone like Stone screaming in my ears again or Cooper ranting over this loss for a year.

Connor: Jack, hating on the bad guys? Are you sick?

Cohen: Everyone has bad qualities, CC. Some more than others... but let's not talk about me. Let's give a round of applause to Matt Tastic.

Matt Tastic moves to the top turnbuckle and raises his hands in the air in celebration of his earned shot at the Elite X title.

[youtube]0NhpvaarTQA[/youtube]​

S.H.I.T. enters the arena and quickly but emphatically walks down the entrance ramp. Tastic hops down from the turnbuckle to greet his Redemption opponent as it slides into the ring. S.H.I.T. gets right into Matt Tastic’s face and the two exchange some words before Tastic pushes S.H.I.T. The crowd boos at this action, but quickly turns around and cheers when S.H.I.T. returns the favor! Both man and machine stare angrily at each other, and the tension suggests a fight is about to break out.

[youtube]MabuNr-wQkk[/youtube]​

Ascension GM Vance Bateman walks out onto the entrance ramp to a chorus of boos from fans that want to sneak peak at the Elite X title match.

Vance Bateman: If everybody could just quiet down for a moment, I have a very important announcement concerning the Elite X title.

For years now, the Elite X title has served an important role in our company as a title that up and coming superstars challenge for to display that they are ready for a higher level of competition. While we certainly appreciate the role the Elite X has played in helping raise the profile of such WZCW stars as Sam Smith, Triple X, and Steven Holmes, we have decided that it’s time for the Elite X title to serve a new role here in WZCW: elevating talent to the main event.

Big Dave, Chuck Myles, and myself have come up with a new challenge involving the Elite X Championship, and should anybody be able to complete said challenge, they will receive a guaranteed shot at the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship.

The challenge is simple: successfully defend the Elite X Championship 7 times, and the Elite X Champion will get an immediate shot at the World Title. The belt will ALWAYS be on the line in the match, and the champion will only fight in one on one matches as long as they hold the Elite X title. If the champion manages to retain the championship seven times, they will forfeit the belt and a match will be set the next week to find a new Elite X Champion.

Redemption will mark the beginning of this new chapter in the history of the Elite X Championship. S.H.I.T., if you manage to retain the belt at Redemption, you will be one step closer to a world title shot. Matt Tastic, if you are able to defeat S.H.I.T., you will become the new Elite X Champion and will begin your path towards a world title shot the following round of shows. I wish both of you good luck in your endeavor to complete the Elite X Challenge.

Vance Bateman returns backstage, leaving S.H.I.T. and Tastic in the ring to mull over the announcement. S.H.I.T. grabs a mic to comment.

S.H.I.T.: This one is the greatest Elite X Champion in history. And will succeed in it's newly established mission of winning 7 matches. After analyzing it's adversary, S.H.I.T. can conclude that Matt Tastic will lose. As statistics have proven before. And Matt Tastic has inferior genitals. And sense of humor

Matt takes the mic by force from S.H.I.T. as the crowd angrily boos at him.

Matt: SHUT UP!! I've walked around this company for 4 years. FOUR! And I have never gotten a shot at the World title. I'll be damned if I let a walking box of Cap'n Crunch even sniff the World title before I can.

SHIT takes the microphone away from Matt as Matt looks on angrily. The crowd goes from booing to cheering.

S.H.I.T.:
Error. This one is not equipped with the ability to analyze odors in it's surroundings. Or was this another of Matt Tastic's unfunny jokes?

Matt one's again takes the mic.

Matt: Can it you walking turd! I'm not here to amuse anyone other than myself. I'll kick your ass, then kick seven other asses and finally fulfill my dream. I'm not gonna let you get a World title shot. Now as far as genitals go, I thought robots didn't have 'em. So, unless you--

The mic is cut off before Matt can finish his sentence.

Connor: That's not PG.

Matt freaks and throws the mic breaking it. He shoves S.H.I.T. in anger. But the mechanical one pushes back. With a Piston Chop! Matt is knocked down as S.H.I.T. stands tall. Matt rolls out of the ring after a bit and angrily looks on.

Connor: Oh my goodness, this is a huge announcement that could change the direction of this company for years!

Cohen: I can’t wait for Matt Tastic to be the first man to complete the Elite X Challenge! If anybody can do it, Tastic can!

Connor: Easy there Jack, let’s get past Redemption first.

The scene begins with a black screen and music.

[YOUTUBE]dKSJN3WWR3E[/YOUTUBE]​

We see a clip of Ricky Runn performing a beautiful R&R as flashes from cameras go off in the arena.

We switch to a clip of Austin Reynolds holding up the arm of Ricky Runn.

We then see a clip of Runn Reynolds Runn facing Stantime in a match-up.

We switch to a shot of Runn standing tall with one-half of the tag-team champions over Mind Over Matter at All or Nothing 2011.

We switch to a shot of Runn and Reynolds successfully defending at Lethal Lottery against the Sons of Destiny.

We then switch to several awesome spots from Runn in the TLC match at Kingdom Come IV.

Finally, we switch to a shot of Runn standing tall over Reynolds after defeating him at Redemption.

The scene fades to black, but then some gold text appears.

Championship Material

Becky Serra: I’m backstage here with Theron Daggershield, part of the class of exciting rookies that made their debut following Kingdom Come. Tonight Theron Daggershield undertakes the tall task of wrestling Steven Holmes. Theron, how do you feel about your chances tonight?

Theron Daggershield: Becky, I’ve faced orcs and goblins, wizards and warriors, and even a dragon. A rich jerk with megalomaniacal tendencies doesn’t scare me!

Becky Serra: That’s in your fantasy world, but this is real life! You must have a plan for facing against a former world champion!

Theron Daggershield: With my trusty D20 in hand, I don’t need a plan! If my luck stat has anything to say, Steven Holmes is going to be on the wrong end of a…

Daggershield tosses his 20 sided die and kneels down to examine what it lands on.

Theron Daggershield: Attack missed?! Oh man!

Theron Daggershield scoops up his dice and nods at Becky.

Theron Daggershield: Things will probably go better in my match tonight.

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]vft-_d47zSo[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: Introducing first, from Stephenville, Texas, weighing in at 190 pounds, The Warblade: Theron Daggershield!

The crowd seems quite pleased for one of WZCW’s newest additions as Theron Daggershield makes his way onto the stage. He swings his buster sword around before thrusting it straight in the air above his head, after which he begins his walk towards the ring, giving fans hi-fives on his way down the ramp.

Connor: It just doesn’t seem fair to give the untested Theron Daggershield a match with a former world champion, especially when that former world champion is as mean and destructive as Steven Holmes.

Cohen: Well I’m glad Daggershield is getting thrown in with the wolves so early in his career. Maybe this will add some hair to this kid’s chest… if he makes it out alive.

Daggershield slides into the ring and rolls his 20-sided die in the middle of the ring. He looks down at the D20 and picks it up with a smile on his face, seemingly optimistic about the results of the roll. He takes off his sunglasses and trench coat before posing one last time for the fans.

[YOUTUBE]T8Zb8EDht0A[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: And his opponent, accompanied to the ring by Celeste Crimson, from Buckingham, England, weighing 235 pounds, "The Elite," Steven Holmes!

Holmes and Celeste emerge onto the ramp, and neither of them looks very pleased. They are holding hands, but that is the only sign of affection either of them seem to be showing. Together they angrily walk down the ramp with their eyes set on Daggershield.

Connor: As if the odds weren’t stacked against Daggershield enough, it looks as though Holmes and Crimson are still upset over what happened last night on Meltdown.

Meltdown 94 said:
As Holmes goes to slowly lock the submission hold in, Saboteur finds the strength to grab the legs of Holmes and trip him forward, causing Holmes to fall on top of Celeste and butt their heads together. The crowd begins to cheer loudly as Saboteur shows signs of life, looking for the ropes to help him get to his feet as Holmes & Celeste hold their heads. Celeste is the first of the two to get up and charges at Saboteur, looking to take him out but he just throws her over the top rope. She goes crashing to the floor with cheers from the audience as Holmes gets to his feet. He goes to strike Saboteur but he manages to duck and deliver a pele kick to Holmes, causing him to stagger towards the ropes. Saboteur gets up and runs off the ropes, charging at Holmes with a spinning wheel kick that sends both of them over the top. Holmes crashes to the floor but Saboteur manages to grab onto the top rope, landing on the apron. Saboteur looks out to the audience as they cheer wildly for him. He goes to the closest turnbuckle and sits atop of it, chanting along with the fans as his music begins playing.

Cohen: I had front row seats for that, Cat, and I can tell you that Saboteur got lucky. There’s no way he’s going to be that fortunate at Redemption.

Connor: You have to believe that Holmes is going to be thinking of Saboteur when he’s in the ring with Daggershield tonight, and that is not good news for The Warblade.

Holmes and Celeste climb to the ring apron and Celeste holds the top and middle ropes open for Holmes to climb through. Crimson drops to the ground and moves to her position as manager while Holmes readies himself for the fight. The ref calls for the bell and Holmes and Daggersheild ready themselves for battle.

The two men meet in the middle of the ring and enter a collar and elbow tie up, but Holmes quickly turns it into a side headlock. Holmes wrenches the hold a few times before slamming a knee into Daggershield’s midsection and releasing the hold. Daggershield grabs his stomach in pain, but quickly throws himself back into action in another elbow and collar tie up. This time neither man is able to gain a distinct advantage, but Holmes uses his superior size and strength to back Daggershield into a corner. Holmes breaks the tie up and drops to a knee as he thrusts shoulders into Daggershield’s abdomen. The Warblade is helpless to escape, but fortunately for him the ref is quick to insert herself into the match and demand Holmes back up. Theron Daggershield is weakened from the assault, but is still able to stay on his feet and continue the fight.

Connor: Daggershield has been unable to get in any offense yet, but to his credit he’s managed to stay on his feet so far.

Cohen: A small victory. A very, very small victory.

Daggershield and Holmes are now circling each other, but Holmes seems to have much more confidence than his opponent. Holmes feigns a step towards Daggershield, and Daggershield instinctively takes a step back. This is the only sign Holmes needs to know that he’s in the Warblade’s head, and Holmes suddenly charges forward and throws a running elbow into Daggershield’s head. Daggershield staggers backwards, but catches Holmes by surprise when he charges forward and lands a jumping elbow smash on Holmes! This time Holmes is the one to backpedal, and Daggershield is not done. He runs forward again and hits another elbow smash that briefly drops Holmes to a knee, giving Daggershield the opportunity to hit the ropes and charge full speed towards a vulnerable Holmes, but the former World Champion interrupts Daggershield’s momentum by catching him with a belly to belly suplex! Holmes crawls for the cover.

ONE!

TWO!

Kickout!

Holmes lets Daggershield begin to get up, but then quickly grabs his arms and locks him into Superiority Complex. Daggershield is on his knees as Holmes wrenches the full nelson submission. Daggershield is thrashing his head back and forth and attempting to wiggle free, but his meager 190 pound frame is not strong enough to break free from Holmes’ mighty grip. Daggershield is fading, but when the referee asks if he’s ready to quit, Daggerhsield uses what little energy he has to shake his head, “no.” Frustrated, Steven Holmes hoists Daggershield into the air and drops him with Superiority Execution. The full nelson suplex seems to have knocked Daggershield out cold.

ONE!

TWO!

THRE-KICKOUT!

Daggershield gets his shoulder up just in the nick of time, and the match continues.

Cohen: Just give up, Daggershield! The only person you’re hurting at this point is yourself!

Connor: Daggershield is far too honorable to just lay down, Jack. As long as he can fight, he will fight!

Celeste Crimson is shouting for Holmes to end the match, and Holmes gives his lover a understanding nod. He stomps on the prone Daggershield and rolls him onto his stomach before locking in Aristocracy Reigns. Holmes clenches the hold tightly and Daggershield struggles, but no more than three seconds pass before Daggershield taps out, eager to be released from the painfully devastating submission. Holmes releases the hold and stands above his prey before Celeste Crimson joins her beaux in the ring for a celebration.

Anderson: Your winner of this match, The Elite, Steven Holmes!

The crowd boos as Holmes’ music plays and Celeste raises Holmes’ hand in the air, but Holmes is not ready to celebrate just yet. He calls for a ring worker to hand him a microphone, and his music cuts out as he begins to speak.

Holmes: Saboteur, I know you are in the building tonight, and I would like you to know that what happened last night was a fluke. As Vance Bateman has told you, you will be facing Celeste and I at Redemption in a match for the tag team titles, and unless this mystery partner of yours is Hercules himself, we will beat you for the tag team titles. And as a special treat, Celeste and I will display our dominance on this pathetic example of a human being, right now.

Celeste and Holmes lift a woozy Daggershield to his feet, and Holmes manhandles Daggershield into a crucifix powerbomb position. As Holmes does this, Celeste ascends to the top rope of a nearby turnbuckle.

Connor: What sick idea do these two have?

[YOUTUBE]z5rRZdiu1UE[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd explodes into cheers as Saboteur’s music hits. Holmes drops Daggershield and Crimson waits on the top rope to see what happens next as both turn their attention to the entrance ramp… but nobody comes down.

THUMP

Saboteur has come out through the crowd and pushed Celeste Crimson off of the top rope! He quickly climbs into the ring and steps to Steven Holmes. The two start trading blows back and forth, each man mercilessly throwing punches at the other in hopes to knock the other down. Finally, Saboteur gains the advantage and racks up a streak of punches that go unblocked and unreturned by Steven Holmes. Saboteur drops his hands and steps forward to roundhouse kick Holmes, but instead he is grabbed from behind by Celeste and dropped with a German suplex! Celeste spits on the face of Saboteur and Holmes quickly rejoins the assault, slamming his knee into Saboteur’s back and locking on Aristocracy Reigns. Saboteur is helpless to escape as Holmes continues to inflict major pain. Celeste’s spit can be seen dripping down Saboteur’s mask, and soon the head of Saboteur drops lifelessly as he passes out from the pain of the camel clutch submission. The crowd is roaring with disapproval as Holmes and Celeste stand victorious over Saboteur, and just to add insult to injury, the two share a passionate kiss over their victim’s lifeless body.

Cohen: Yes! That’s exactly what I wanted to see! This is what will happen at Redemption! The greatest couple in the history of professional wrestling is finally going to put an end to this disgusting title reign by this clown!

Holmes and Celeste smile and exit the ring arm in arm, leaving behind the unconscious tag team champion.

[youtube]8l__GDO3_zo[/youtube]

Tomorrow night, on Aftershock - catch some of your favourite WZCW superstars as Mikey Stormrage & Grizzly Bob are in action.

With special guest appearances from Drake Callahan who will be looking to respond to the Sacrificial Altar's message left by Grand Mystique on Meltdown.

And the in-ring return of Steven Kurtesy as he is set to take on newcomer Dr. Coberer in the main event.

All this and more, tomorrow night, on Aftershock!

AftershockLogo_zpsdc26a2ad.jpg

Blade: For many years, I've looked at things wrong. I always felt that I deserved everything to be delivered to me on a silver platter because nobody could touch my technical skill. I pushed myself to believe that no-one deserved to be top dog other than myself and although I beat the best of the best, I never had the World Championship to show for it. I made up for it by winning the Eurasian championship and did everything to keep hold of the title because I was afraid what would happen if I fell to the rock bottom.

But I've been there and the one thing I feared was the thing I needed. I see more clearly now and I'm not the arrogant ******** I used to be. I'm a changed man and I'm not here for myself any more: I'm here for the people. And if the people are behind me, then I'm not going to disappoint. I'm here for you WZCW - I'm here to win the title...

... for you.

Championship Material

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, the following is a tag team match scheduled for one fall!

The crowd curiously buzzes as the lights go out in the arena. Suddenly, green flashes begin to flicker on the crowd.

They know what is coming. They know as the green light shines brilliantly on WZCW’s resident green superstar, Krypto! The crowd pops as he makes his way down through the audience. He connects with high fives as they roar in approval.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Out of this World, the Sexual Savior of the Solar System.....Krrrypto!

Connor: The WZCW Universe sure does love them some Krypto, don’t they Jack?

Cohen: They do and I just don’t understand it CC. I don’t understand why anyone would put their support behind the biggest fluke in this industry. He keeps stumbling into victories, but I’ll put money on this right now CC. Krypto will not win this tournament. He is the most undecorated superstar in the bunch and I’ll be damned if he takes down former tag team champions like Runn or Beard, or especially one of the greatest EurAsian Champions of all time in Blade. You can bank on that.

Connor: Strong words from the outspoken Jack Cohen.

Krypto is now in the ring as he runs over to a turnbuckle to ascend it and work the crowd.

The crowd breaks into a chorus of disgust as Ricky Runn struts onto the entrance ramp. He has a pair of stunner shades on as he walks down the ramp with a sort of swag about him.

Anderson: And his partner, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 225 pounds, "The…

Anderson pauses for a moment before continuing.

Anderson: ...Swagtastic voice of a generation", Ricky Runn!

Cohen: I’ll admit it, CC. I always thought that Ricky Runn was the monkey let loose out of the broken cage of Runn Reynolds Runn, but he has developed this new aura. This new “swag” if you will. He is definitely someone that I could throw my backwards behind.

Connor: I honestly can’t see you wearing your hats backwards.

Cohen: Of course I don’t. That would just look silly. However, my point is simply that Runn’s new direction is something worth betting on.

Connor: Ah.

Runn struts up to the ring apron and hops up through the ropes and into the ring. He walks past Krypto and ascends a turnbuckle as he taunts towards himself. The crowd boos.

Connor: I gotta tell you ladies and gentlemen, I don’t see how Ricky Runn and Krypto can coincide in this match. Runn’s ego is far too large to sit back and let someone like Krypto take control. Their teamwork, or lack thereof, will be something to watch for early on.

Beard walks out in a spinning fashion. The crowd pops wildly, but there does seem to be something missing from the crowd’s usual glee for him.

Anderson: And the challengers, from Beard City, USA, weighing 285 pounds, "The Manliest Man in Professional Wrestling" The Beard!

Connor: That monnikor in his introduction is well earned. Ever since trumping his friend Grizzly Bob at WZ Weekend, The Beard has knocked down foe after foe to make it to the final four of the Gold Rush Tournament.

Cohen: It’s true, CC. However, there is something that I think everyone has some questions about. Just take a look at this “win” over Justin Cooper last week.

Beard pulls Cooper into a roll-up pin with the the roaring crowd behind him. The referee slides in for the count,

Cooper wiggles his legs violently. Beard’s hand is open as he tries to press the pin down with his forearm.
Cooper seems to be wiggling free and looks to break the count, but then suddenly we see the free-hand of Beard grab onto the tights of Cooper!
3!

The crowd roars in approval as the referee rushes to raise Beard’s hands. Cooper flops out of the pin and immediately begins yelling about his tights.

Cohen: Pretty questionable if you ask me.

Connor: It’s clear that he was just trying to hold the pin and accidentally grabbed the tights in the process. A honest mistake, and I’m not even sure if Cooper would kick out regardless. Beard had that match sealed regardless.

Cohen: Whatever you say CC. Whatever you say.

Beard is now standing on the outside apron as he steps over the top rope and enters the ring. Krypto and Runn stare at him cautiously as Beard just smiles and beats his chest.

The crowd re-pops as one of WZCW greats, Blade, walks out onto the entrance ramp with dark red flashing lights flickering over him. The crowd eats him up as he smiles and makes his way down the entrance ramp.

Anderson: And his partner, from Dublin, Ireland, weighing 235 pounds, Blade!

Cohen: CC, it’s almost like a movie. Where the main character finally gets to the point he has fought for his entire career. Blade is so close to a shot for the World Heavyweight Title that he can nearly taste it. Out of these four men he has the pedigree and skill set it takes to stand tall come Redemption.

Connor: It’s hard for me to argue with that. Blade has been nothing short of amazing since his return.

Blade is now climbing through the ropes on the apron as he makes his way into the ring. The crowd pops as he raises his arms to the gestures of the crowd. Beard dawns a half-smirk as he stands in his team’s corner. Meanwhile, Krypto stares intently at Blade from his own team’s corner as Runn swipes his shoulder in a cocky fashion.

Connor: The next time we see these four men they will be competing against each other at Redemption to end the Gold Rush Tournament. Tonight they are partners, but we will see Ricky Runn vs. Krypto and The Beard vs. Blade at the Pay-Per-View. The winners of those two matches will go on to face later in the night for the #1 contendership to the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship.

Cohen: Indeed they will.

We see Beard exiting to the apron on the outside as Blade remains in the ring for his team. Runn shoos Krypto away as he opts to start the match for his own team. Krypto rolls his eyes, but proceeds to exit onto the outside apron. The referee then looks at both men and gets a nod from both in return. With that, the referee calls for the bell and the match is on.

Runn and Blade both step out of their corner to the center of the ring. Runn holds out his arms in pride as he struts over to the former EurAsian Champion. Runn sizes him up and looks at the crowd. He shoots them a “this is going to be easy” look. Runn turns his head back towards Blade, but gets a hard right from his opponent! Runn flails back, but Blade comes in with another, and another, and another! Blade sends him stumbling back towards his team corner until finally sending one stiff shot into his jaw that sends Runn spinning backwards and falling to a crouched position.

*SMACK*

Krypto reaches over the ropes and is able to slap the top of Runn’s head. The crowd pops as Krypto jumps into the ring. Runn immediately springs up and gets furious with Krypto. However, Krypto springs out of the corner as Blade rushes in with a stiff clothesline to the upper torso of Runn that sends him toppling over the top rope and to the outside of the ring. The crowd pop. Blade smiles as he looks down at Runn and then out at the crowd. He turns around in glee to a green alien bouncing off the ropes next to him and then spring-boarding into a head-scissor takedown that twists and flings him onto the ring mat! Krypto immediately recovers off the recoil and crawls over to Blade for a cover,

KICK OUT!

Krypto hops up off of the failed pin attempt, but then quickly drops a bony knee down onto the forehead of Blade. Blade eats it and turns his head in pain, but Krypto reaches down and lifts his knee for another. Blade won’t let it happen thrice and rolls away. He stumbles up to his feet. Krypto charges at him, but Blade dips his shoulder low and flips the former Mentor Program winner over his back. Krypto goes for a ride, but miraculously finds himself on the other side standing. Krypto shouts in glee as he raises his arms high like a gymnast would do after a mount. Krypto gets some cheers in response from the clowd, but he gets a swinging knee from his opponent, Blade. It goes right into his gut and Blade positions himself to where he can grapple the head and hook the leg of Krypto for a fisherman suplex! It’s bridged!

2/KICK OUT!

Barely a two count as Krypto springs out of the pin attempt. Blade quickly gets to his feet and charges a dazed Krypto, who is trying to get to his feet. Blade crashes the top of his thigh into the face of the alien. Krypto crashes down like a pile of bricks. Blade reaches down and grabs Krypto’s humongous head. He takes him and carries him over to his team’s corner. He tags Beard in and puts Krypto up against the turnbuckle. Beard backs up, but then charges into him for a short-distance corner splash! Krypto crumbles to the ground as Blade exits the ring.

Connor: The teamwork of Blade and Beard is paying off as Krypto takes a licking. Meanwhile, Ricky Runn is just now returning to his team’s corner on the outside apron.

The camera shows Runn watching the action from his corner. We go back to Beard and we see him pull Krypto up into a half-standing position. Krypto begins taking a few swings at Beard’s stomach, but Beard no-sells them and drives a knee into his face. Krypto falls face first onto the ring mat. Beard reaches down and flips Krypto onto his back. He then proceeds to bend down and pick up Krypto in a scooping position. The crowd is mixed as half of them pop for Beard, but some hold resolve for the lovable Krypto. Beard slams Krypto down on his back with a powerslam to a loud thud! Beard drops to his knees and covers Krypto,

KICK OUT!

Krypto gets a shoulder up, which prompts Beard to send a few punches into his large cranium. He then proceeds to get up and pull Krypto along with him. Krypto is up into a standing position now as he gets yanked by the arm and whipped into the ropes on the opposite side of the ring. Krypto bounces off of them and returns to an attempt at a big boot from Beard! However, Krypto slides and kicks out the lone leg from underneath Beard. The blow sends Beard crashing! Krypto is laying lifeless on his back until he springs up on to his feet. The action really gets the crowd going.

Connor: The ultimate underdog! The little guy with a big heart!

Krypto runs to a set of ropes on the other side of the ring as Beard nurses his leg on the ground. Krypto returns but tucks and rolls for some Flying Saucer action! He pops up, and before Beard can react, he gets the little green dude landing on his torso. Beard gulps for air upon impact and Krypto stays on for the cover with his back resting on Beard’s chest. The referee slides in,

ZOINK!

A reversal of fortune occurs as Beard rolls to his sides, but hooks the arm of Krypto for a pin attempt that puts his neck and shoulders against the ring mat,

Cohen: Think fast!

Krypto’s legs flail furiously!
KICK OUT!

The crowd is absolutely hot now as Krypto and Beard both come out of the pin attempt and recover as quickly as possible. They charge each other in the middle of the ring, but Krypto sidesteps him with some fancy footwork. Beard is bamboozled, but quickly turns around to face his opponent. Krypto is a few feet away from him, but leaps as Beard steps towards him. He plants his feet in Beard’s waist and pulls back for a monkey flip! However, the weight proves too much and Krypto isn’t able to push up enough to send Beard flying forward. Instead, Beard crashes down on the knees and face of Krypto. Damage is done to both men as they lay lifeless in the center of the ring!

Connor: A botched monkey flip puts both men down!

Connor: Someone needs to make a tag!

The camera is buzzing greatly as the camera shows Blade clapping his hand and stomping the apron. Meanwhile we see Runn shouting green slurs at Krypto as he yells for him to get up. Suddenly, Beard begins to stir. Blade extends his arm out as much as he can as he continues to stomp. Runn begins jumping up and down on his side. Krypto is now stirring as well!

Connor: Oh no! Who’s going to get there first!

Beard sees Blade and begins crawling towards his partner. Krypto sees Runn and begins to do the same! The crowd is cheering wildly as dueling chants break out for Krypto and Beard. Beard crawls closer, Krypto crawls closer! Suddenly, we see some more life out of Beard as he crawls faster. The crowd near his corner get wilder as Krypto remains at his same pace. Beard leaps towards his partner and makes the hot tag! Blade slips through the ropes and begins to go after Krypto, but he is too late! Krypto is stumbling towards Runn and reaching for the extended hand of his partner. He gets to his fingertips, but no! However, it is not Blade’s doing, but Runn’s! The crowd is booing with hatred as Runn maniacally laughs at his practical joke.

Connor: What an idiot! Krypto was right there, but Runn pulled his hand away at the last second! What a jerk!

Cohen: Yeah, I really don’t see why Runn would do that.

Runn points at Krypto and laughs. He yells out, “not enough swag, loser!” Krypto looks down in defeat as he remains on his hands and knees. Blade is standing behind him and seems highly annoyed by Runn’s antics. Blade proceeds to grab Krypto by the head and waist as he flings him over the ropes at Runn! Runn shields his face with his hands and Krypto brushes off of them as he falls to the outside. Blade looks at the referee and the referee nods. Runn looks down at Krypto, but quickly has attention stolen as Blade reaches over the ropes and pulls him into the ring.

Cohen: I don’t believe it CC. Blade forced the legal tag by hurling Krypto into the hands of Ricky. He is now the legal man!

Connor: I love Blade!

The crowd reaches an unrivaled pop as Runn crawls to the center of the ring in fear. Blade stalks around him like a hungry hawk. Runn stands up onto his knees and pleads with Blade. He begs for mercy as Blade steps up to him. Blade looks down at Runn and then at the crowd. They boo Runn’s cowardly behavior. Suddenly, Runn points and screams at Beard over in his corner. The referee looks over at him and Beard seems highly confused. However, the minor distraction is just enough time for Runn to slip in a low-blow to Blade and his boys! The crowd boos heavily, but before the referee can figure out what is going on, Runn stands up and delivers a dropkick to the torso of Blade. Blade falls and Runn crawls onto him for the cover,

2/Kick Out!

The crowd boos as Runn stands up and waits for the dazed Blade to rise.

Cohen: I think Runn is finally getting it. You do anything you can to win. I love Blade, but he’s forgotten that important aspect that it takes to be a champion.

Runn crouches, but then pounces at Blade, who is finally coming to! He connects with a flying clothesline that drops Blade onto his back! The crowd boos as Beard stomps in frustration. Runn wags his finger at Beard. The crowd hates it.

Connor: So cocky…

Runn proceeds to back a good distance away from Blade. He pumps his fist in the air to more hate from the crowd. He shouts “Swag Swag Swag”, but the crowd doesn’t bite. He then runs towards Blade, tucks and rolls for a move similar to Krypto’s Flying Saucer. However, it is called the,

Cohen: Yolo Roll!

Runn pops into the air to land on Blade, but Blade rolls back away from the landing. Runn acts like a cat and falls on his feet in a very impressive display of athleticism. The crowd doesn’t know how to react, but Blade does. He jumps up from playing possum and grapples Runn’s waist from behind! Runn notices him coming and steps forward to grab the top ropes. Blade yanks on Runn’s torso, but his grip on the ropes won’t allow him to budge. The referee comes in to force Blade to break the hold, but he quickly becomes distracted as Krypto climbs onto the apron on the outside where Runn is.

Runn yells at him to go away, but Krypto has a score to settle. One by one, he peels off Runn’s fingers on the ropes until he releases one hand. Blade hooks that one arm, and Runn screams for him to stop. Runn keeps holding the ropes with one hand, but Krypto then proceeds to peel off Runn’s other hand. Just as he peels it off, Runn re-grips with both hands by wiggling out of Blade's hold. The crowd boos for a brief second before Krypto lifts his leg for a kick into the nose of Runn! The crowd pop as Runn lets go of the ropes and Blade hooks Runn's arms behind his back. He pulls Runn back into The Halo!

Connor: Yes!

Blade makes the cover as the referee makes the count,

3!

The crowd cheers wildly as Blade rises in victory.

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, here are your winners by pinfall, Blade and -

Anderson doesn’t finish as an intense moment breaks out in the ring. Beard meets Blade nose-to-nose. The tension is thick as the two men bead with sweat and their eyes burn with fire. The crowd is buzzing as they begin exchanging words. Suddenly, Krypto hops into the ring and steps up to the two of them and begins spewing his own words. The camera shows Runn slowly crawling into a corner and sitting in it. He watches as Blade, Krypto, and Beard all exchange words about who will win the Gold Rush Tournament. Runn flares his nostrils as he lifts himself up in the turnbuckle. He charges up to the three men and pushes Beard and Blade back forcefully. He points at Krypto and prepares to assault him, but Beard rushes back in with a punch! Runn ducks it and Blade eats it! Blade stumbles back and grabs his chin. He smiles and then steps up to Beard to begin an exchanging of punches! The crowd is going wild now as we see Krypto take the offense and begin his own punching war with Runn!

Cohen: I was wondering when we would get the spill-over!

Suddenly, tons of officials begin running down the entrance ramp. They slide into the ring and try to break the four men apart, but punches are still flying. We see Beard ram down several officials as he makes his way back to Blade. Blade greets him with kicks and jabs! We see other officials grab Krypto, which gives Runn a brief window to send a series of open punches to the little alien. The officials then push him back and Krypto breaks free to act out his own assault.

Connor: Four men left! Only one will get a shot at the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship Belt. We will know who after Redemption, but for now we are left we a pre-battle! Time is running out for us here tonight on Ascension, but thank you all for joining us. Join us next time and don’t forget to catch Aftershock tomorrow night! Good night everybody.

The last shot we get is of all four Gold Rush contestants being restrained by officials. We see General Manager, Vance Bateman, orchestrating the officials as he tries to keep the four men apart. The copyright appears at the bottom and we fade to black

Who Wrote What:

Blade - Opening
FalK - Fatal Four Way; Segments
JGlass - Holmes vs. Daggershield; Elite X announcement; Segments
Kermit - Blade/Beard vs. Krypto/Runn; Segments
Killjoy - SHIT vs. Black + post-match
Yaz - Warren vs. Whitman

Rep these fine gentlemen for their contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back