Ascension 119 - Gold Rush Semi: Constantine versus Yemrez Reqonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Prophet

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Nobody thought Yemrez would be anywhere near this stage of the tournament. Many thought she shouldn’t even be included but through hard work and determination she has proven everyone wrong. Her crusade to bring justice against Vis Imperium has gotten her this far but now she faces a man with a cause much like her. Constantine, in his final year, is two wins away from yet another milestone he has never done and will never do if he fails; win the Gold Rush tournament. This is his final attempt. Now, as he stands on the brink of not only a Gold Rush tournament victory but also a date with the World Champion, can he stop the red hot Yemrez? Will Yemrez do the unthinkable and upset the favourite of the tournament?

Deadline for RPs is Monday 3rd July 23:59pm (Central)

Extensions are available on request.

Constantine removed the sunglasses from his face as a bronzed young man made his way across the sand towards his position. The young man was dressed all in white and had a name badge clipped to his left breast pocket. But Constantine didn't require the name badge to know who he was. In fact, he become so accustomed to spending time here these days, he seemed to be on first name terms with all of the staff. As the young man drew closer, Constantine extended his hand for inevitable mail call that had come his way every morning at 11:20.

Constantine: Thank you, Saul.

Saul offers Constantine a nod of his head as he hands the letter over to him. Soon enough, the young man has turned and is off in the distance, moving over the yellow sand like a breeze. Constantine felt the letter in his hand, noting that it seemed much harder than a piece of paper. As his curiosity grew, Mia lowered her sunglasses from her eyes onto the bridge of her nose. Like a detective, Mia watched Constantine flip the letter over and study it before flipping it back – a look of sheer mystery in his eyes.

Mia: Well, aren't you going to open it?

Constantine turned to Mia, almost as if he was caught off guard by her surveillance. Tutting his tongue and relaxing back in his sun-lounger, Constantine tosses the letter onto the metal table that sat between the two of them.

Constantine: No, probably not.

Mia continued to stare at Constantine, her curiosity growing more and more with every action that he made.

Constantine: I made a promise to you that this trip would be about us – about family. And I can already tell that letter is not about family. It has the feel of something morbidly WZCW. To be quite honest, I don't care what it has to say...

Constantine's words trail off as he loses himself in his own curiosity – giving the game away to the one person who knows him better than he knows himself. Mia offers a giggle as she watches Constantine fight with the urge to rip open the letter and – invariably – launch himself into a diatribe about how WZCW is going down the tubes thanks to Mr. Banks and Vis Imperium. She had seen the look in his eyes so many times before and it was already forming as he put his sunglasses back on his face.

Mia: John, just open the damn letter!

Constantine lets out a laugh as Mia presses at him to open the letter – to unfurl the flag of rage and to get everything off of his chest. But The Power Trip is not moved by her attempts to de-stress him. In fact, it makes him only more resolute in not opening the item. After a few seconds pass, Mia suddenly swings her body round so that her feet are planted into the sand. She quickly makes a lunge for the letter before Constantine can stop her and grabs it from the table. Immediately, she gets to her feet and begins ripping the envelope apart. As she pulls the letter from it's holder, a confused look appears on her face. She stares silently at the card in front of her.

Constantine: Well, is it from WZCW?

Mia slowly nods.

Constantine: Then what is it?

Mia slowly walks towards Constantine and hands over the piece of card – waiting for the inevitable. He looks it over, the rage beginning to grow on his features.

Invite.png

After reading the short note and the overleaf, Constantine allowed his arms to fall to the side of the chair. Mia braced herself for the tornado of words that were about to befall her and – perhaps -even ruin the whole holiday. But as Constantine lay on the sun lounger, his sunglasses masking his eyes, he seemed almost frightfully calm. Dropping the letter to the sand below him, Constantine gets to his feet and moves towards Mia.

Mia: Are you okay?

Constantine allows a warm smile to spread across his face as he finally reaches his better half. He takes her by the hand and begins leading her towards the water off in the distance. No words spoken and no emotion shown.

Frightfully, no emotion is shown.

Constantine walks around the spacious hotel room, looking through the many drawers and hiding spots that the room has to offer. Finally, he ducks into the corner of the room behind his suitcase and finds a little black bag. He opens the zip and retrieves the camcorder from the bag. Fiddling around with it, Constantine begins walking towards the desk in the corner of the room. As he sits down, he finally manages to get to grips with the camcorder – flipping the screen out to the side and setting it down on some books that he had already assembled. He clears his throat and fixes his sweatshirt before pressing a button on top of the camcorder and getting down to business.

Constantine: Hello, members of the WZCW universe and thank you for having me...

The Power Trip hits the button on the button of the camcorder again, shaking his head in disapproval.

Constantine: Thank you for... allowing me to speak to you. Yep, that's the one.

The Gold Rush semi-finalist rewinds the tape and sets it down again. He presses the button on top of the device and gets down to business once again.

Constantine: Hello, members of the WZCW Universe and thank you for allowing me to speak to you on such a momentous occasion such as this. Two weeks ago marked the tenth anniversary of WrestleZone Championship Wrestling – a feat that no one would have thought possible back in the early days of this company.

Constantine smiles as he continues.

Constantine: In the ten years that this company has been in existence, we have seen it all and done it all. And in that respect, we all have to give ourselves a pat on the back for being such a big part of that. This company does a good job of remembering the people that got us to this position of strength within the industry. The WZCW Hall of Fame is testament to those who have come before, laying the groundwork for what this company would eventually become.

Constantine stops for a moment, remembering some of the times that he has been a part of.

Constantine: The history of WZCW is laden with superb talents and wonderful staff that have made ten years at the top of the business something that has come tremendously fast and very easily. Truth be told, it is very easy to look back and forget just how much we have all been through.

The Power Trip stops for a moment, allowing an another warm smile to appears on his features. At that, the door to the room – off to the right – creaks opens and Mia coyly slides into the room. Out of sight from the camera, she takes a seat off to the right of her fiancé.

Constantine: But when we wrap ourselves up in the past, we forget just how bright the future of this company is. It isn't too hard to imagine this company thriving for another 10 years, such is the vast array of talent that currently makes WZCW their home. I am honoured to find myself amongst the company of other veterans of this industry like Titus Avison, Kagura, Tyrone Blades and Matt Tastic. But the new generation are what will continually take us forward. People like Vee A.D.Z, Vox and Batti Otaku are the life blood of this company and I am honoured to be one of the old guard that shows them the way in this company. And, of course, not forgetting my opponent at Ascension 119 – Yemrez Reqonic.

The Power Trip stops for a moment, his mind wondering from his well-prepared script for a moment. But he quickly collects himself and regains his composure. Soon enough, his smile re-appears and he is back on track.

Constantine: Yemrez has shown herself to be quite the talent. She shows passion, poise and a whole lot of promise. It is with that in mind that I consider her to be a big part of the future of this company. The values of passion and promise were two of the pillars that WZCW has always had at its core. I might be sharing the ring with Yemrez for the first time at Ascension 119 but I already know her inside and out. And that is because she is a lot like me. Someone who has come into the world of wrestling as an amateur and who will stop at nothing to prove to everyone that she deserves to be here. A long time ago, people were saying the exact same thing about me...

Constantine stops for a moment, consider his next train of thought.

Constantine: And regardless of what is going on between the powers that be in WZCW and myself, I am truly honoured to be a part of the Gold Rush Tournament taking place in the tenth year of this magnificent company. Nothing would give me more pleasure or enjoyment than winning the competition and going on to face off against the Heavyweight Champion in my final year in this company. Thank you.

With that, Constantine reaches for the button on top of the camcorder and turns off the recording. He immediately reclines back into his chair and lets out a massive sigh of relief. Mia gets to her feet and walks over to him – wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him on the side of the head. Constantine allows his smile to extend under the warmth of her comfort as the hug is broken.

Mia: I am so proud of you, John. I know that's not what you wanted to say. I mean, you probably didn't want to do it in the first place...

Mia leans against the desk as Constantine looks up at her with a curious look upon his face.

Constantine: I just... I just wonder what it all means, Mia. The invite, the speech... What does it mean?

Mia: Does it have to mean anything?

Constantine shoots a derisory look at his better half before getting out of his chair and beginning to pace around the room.

Constantine: Of course it means something, Mia. It's Cooper. And it's Banks. It always means something.

The Power Trip continues to pace around the room, thinking about his own words and the ideas behind them. Could it mean something bigger than it was? Constantine had been a pillar of WZCW for nearly as long as it had been around. Only the likes of Titus, Tyrone Blades and Matt Tastic had been around longer. As far as tenure goes, he was definitely deserving of his spot.

And yet.

And yet, there was a feeling that all of this was one big rouse to make light of his accomplishments or rub something in his face. Constantine had said very little about his betrayal at the hands of the Heavyweight Champion – choosing instead to focus on the job at hand and knowing that Justin Cooper would be at the end of the road if he could put it all together in the Tournament. But that silence had to end.

Constantine: I think they know that I am coming for them, Mia. I think they know it and it is terrifying them. Since I was booted out of my own group, they have shown themselves to be nothing more than cowards who couldn't string together a couple of wins to save themselves. Justin Cooper is not a leader, he doesn't believe in something bigger. He is using Vis Imperium to serve his own ends and that, above all else, is why they are failing!

The Power Trip raises his voice but catches himself losing his temper. He turns on his heels away from his partner and takes a deep breath in.

Constantine: This can't go on, Mia. I have let Justin Cooper get away with this for too long and now is the time to pay the piper. I am not trying to look past Yemrez because she will be a handful. But if I can get my head in the right place and perform like only I can, then I will get past her and into the final of the Gold Rush Tournament. The tunnel vision is closing in, Mia. First, Yemrez and then Justin Cooper...

Constantine walks over to Mia and puts a gentle hand on her cheek.

Constantine: Mark my words, Mia. This is the end of the line for Vis Imperium.

~Chapter 6: Flame Or Fire.?~

Few Days Before Ascension 119
WZCW.com said:

It's official! Constantine will face Yemrez Reqonıc in the semifinal of the prestigious Gold Rush Tournament!

@ConstantineRules Yemrez is nothing in front of the best WZCW wrestler ever! It'll be an easy victory for Constantine.

@VisImperiumRocks Regardless of whoever wins, no one and I strongly emphasize that no one will be able to defeat Justin Cooper and Vis Imperium! #VisImperiumForLifeBAYBAY

@ILoveWZCW It'll be extremely difficult but I believe that Yemrez has what it takes to defeat Constantine. However, she should just concentrate on him for now and shouldn't be distracted by Cooper and his goons.

@JohnnyDave I believe that it will be a hard fought battle but at the end, there shall be only one winner, be it this match or the whole tournament, The Powertrip!

@IStandByYemrez Just like her previous two matches, Yemrez will defeat her opponent and then reach the final of Gold Rush Tourney. I believe in her and will continue to do since she ain't playing the role of a hero. She's actually one, unlike cowards like Justin Cooper!

@TheProphet Cooper is the present and future of WZCW. Believe it, suckers!

@CooperIsGod These two aren't even worthy of sharing the ring with the wrestling God Justin Cooper! #AllHailTheGod

@WZCWAnalyst Yemrez has shown a bit of potential but I doubt if she can defeat a WZCW wrestler like Constantine who has had a well-accomplished career. She just can't do it!

°Click to see more comments°
Yemrez Reqonıc doesn't bother to read more comments. The last comment she read struck a chord in her and she is visibly upset about it. Her fiancé Kıvanç was with her in the gym and could notice that something wasn't right with Yemrez. Yemrez shuts down her laptop. Currently, she's resting after a tiring session in the gym while Kıvanç conducts and examines all her training sessions regularly.

Yemrez: I'm still the underdog for most people.

Kıvanç: There's nothing wrong in being an underdog. Is it?

Yemrez: It isn't. I'm just upset that most people still doubt my skills. I mean, I've performed well since my debut but I'm still an underdog against a so-called well-accomplished WZCW veteran!

Kıvanç comes closer to Yemrez and takes her hands in his hands while making full eye contact continously.

Kıvanç: See, Constantine is actually well-accomplished. And you're very new comparatively. So, it's obvious that he'll be the favorite to win. Heck, he's a favorite to win the whole damn tourney!

Yemrez: I think that I'm maybe frustrated due to being an underdog my whole life.

Kıvanç: I can't blame you. You and I both know that the odds have always been against you. So what's new in this extremely important match against Constantine?

Yemrez: Yes, it's nothing new. Yes, odds have always been against me. And what's relieving is that I have always conquered the odds. The odds don't stress me anymore. Some years ago, they did. But now, I've learnt a lot from life. I'm better than my former self!

Kıvanç: You actually are, my elu! The thing is that you're new to this professional wrestling world. But the positive part is that you're gradually increasing your support, thanks to your actions. The cheers have been increasing at an astounding rate. A fire of hope has been ignited in people's minds and hearts since they've noticed you standing up against injustice in form of Vis Imperium!

Yemrez : Aha. The curse of Vis Imperium. Such shameless individuals. I'm myself in awe on how low these bunch of people can stoop down to! And their leader, Justin Cooper perceives me as a "Kid". I still laugh on his stupidity.

Kıvanç: Well, he isn't actually stupid. He's playing mind games! To distract you. That's why he tried to make you doubt your talent by trying to insult you. He knows that you aren't a "kid".

Yemrez: You're right. He isn't stupid. If he actually perceived me as "kid", he won't have bothered to threaten me. He knows that I'm a big threat to him and his goons and he's just trying to show that he isn't worried. However, the truth is that he actually fears all four semifinalists! And I bet that his fear of losing the ultimate title will come true soon, hopefully through me.

Kıvanç: I know that some people are doubting you. Like "You Can't Do It". But I know that they are wrong. I still remember how a few years ago, I said "You Can't Do It" to you about the exercise you're gonna do now. And I know how much this particular line literally made you conquer it.

Saying so, Kıvanç hugs Yemrez tightly.

Yemrez: This particular line lights a fire in me and the fire just makes me do whatever looks impossible for others. Defeating Constantine seems impossible for some lads out there but I know that I can do it and I'll try my hardest to actually do it.

Yemrez
kisses Kıvanç on cheek and then proceeds to continue her training session. Doing something that was referred to as "You Can't Do It". Just like defeating Constantine. In the same way she defeated Xander LeBelle. Or Randy Studd.

[YouTube]WTcLBXuJC2U[/YouTube]​

Yemrez: Also, one of the most prestigious newspapers of Estonia, MK Estonia will publish my article about my upcoming match on the day Ascension 119 will be held. So, the stage is set for a big upset win!

The Day of Ascension 119
MK Estonia said:
Are You The Fire Or Just A Flame?
By- Yemrez Reqonıc

Tere, minu mehe armas eestlaste! {Hello, my fellow lovely Estonians!}

The title might seem confusing but by the time, I end it, it shall be easier to understand. So, as you all know, I'm facing Constantine in the semifinal of Gold Rush Tournament. Constantine who's perceived by most people as a well-accomplished WZCW wrestler. But I think that this perception is wrong. I'll help you all, proving this perception wrong.

Let's see Constantine significant accomplishments. 1 time World Heavyweight Champion. 2 time Elite Openweight Champion. 2 time Tag Team Champion. 1 time Mayhem Champion. 1 time King For A Day winner.

The above accomplishments could possibly justify a place in Hall Of Fame. That's what technical aspect says. But that's not the most important aspect. The most important aspect is if the wins were legitimate and won fair or not! You'll be surprised to know that majority of Constantine's accomplishments weren't attained fairly.

World Heavyweight Champion? Won it while the champion Matt Tastic was distracted.

Elite Openweight Champion? Defeated Fallout who was exhausted after a grueling war with Frank Mortlock. He couldn't even defeat an exhausted Fallout fairly. He had to stoop down to cheat and so he used a nightstick to knock him out. Not to forget a distraction by Michael Winters!

Mayhem Champion? We all know how he got the title opportunity due to his connection with the mighty Banks.

So yeah, he isn't that accomplished now if we consider the way of his win. Sneaky, cunning, fox-like tactics to win something.

Also, don't believe that you've nothing to lose. You've everything to lose, Mr. Constantine. It's your last chance to win Gold Rush Tournament. Last year in WZCW. Last possible chance at grabbing a title shot against Cooper. You think that he is brave enough to give you a title shot? Spoiler, he is nowhere near brave. So, bring out your best since you've everything to lose. I don't wana defeat your weaker version. I want to defeat your best version.

I certainly respect your talent, Mr. Constantine. But your tactics can't be justified. And they overshadow my respect for your talent. May even nullify it if it wasn't for Cooper betraying you. Speaking of Cooper, he always betrays. Always. Ask yourself. Or those kids. Or Mark Keaton once it happens. It hasn't but it surely will.

Coming back to my opponent, his actions prove that he's just a flame. Not the fire. You would've been the fire if you accomplished all of this fairly. Like Mikey Stormrage. Or my inspiration Eve Taylor. On the other hand, I'm trying my hardest to be the fire. Trying to win each and every match fairly. Not to forget, God always favors the fair side.

However, I'm no self-appointed hero, like my former opponent Xander LeBelle claimed. I don't even claim to be hero. Also, I can't fake play a hero like Cooper did. What I know about me is that I try to stay as far as possible from fakeness and lies. Also, that I'm surely not a villain. A hero or not, that's for my fellow Estonians to decide. Or WZCW fans.

I commend you, Constantine for being fair when Xaitlyn committed mistake of speaking wrong to you while you were facing Tony Mancini. She was wrong as she let her emotions dominate over what's fair. I wonder if you actually changed or you're just doing what Cooper did? Like shattering innocent kids' dreams? Disappointing your legitimate fans who believed in you and your talent? Have you actually changed or you're trying to deceive all of us? I wonder why you didn't try to change when you were on top? Like when you were the champion? Why to do so after you were wronged yourself? Why not when Austin Reynolds was wronged? Or Abel Hunnicutt? Or Steven Holmes? You forgot that you've to pay the price for your deeds here itself? You wronged bunch of families. Just like Cooper. So have you really changed or it's another move out of your foxy arsenal? Just to end what you started yourself? I mean, the curse known as Vis Imperium? These questions shall be answered once we face each other on Ascension 119. I hope that I beat you fair and square. Without any shenanigans. Without any cunning actions. Without cheating. I want answers to all these questions but most importantly, the following question :

19787284_510561315941972_1390010436181628360_o.jpg
Hoolitse, armas Eesti! {Take care, lovely Estonia!}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo