Staff member
Administrator
yrdNuFu.gif

[YOUTUBE]755MMp2GijM[/YOUTUBE]

*PYRO* *PYRO*
*PYRO* *PYRO*
*PYRO* *PYRO*
*PYRO* *PYRO*

Cohen: Good evening! Welcome to Ascension! We promise you a huge show tonight, as we look ahead to Gold Rush! Tonight, we find out who will face Kagura Joheki and Matt Tastic in the semi-finals!

Connor: That's right, Jack! Tony Mancini will take on last year's surprise, Veejay, and we'll see how Ramparte reacts to what we saw at the end of Meltdown, as he faces Garth Black!

Cohen: Don't just float past what we saw, Cat. Dr. Zeus is gone, at the behest of Constantine, and instead of letting Constantine be named the rightful champion, Mikey stuck his fat gut where it didn't belong, and now we have a Ladder Match to determine the new champion at Gold Rush! How does Mikey even plan to climb a ladder?

Connor: Mikey wants this championship more than anything! I'm sure he'll find a way! Speaking of Gold Rush announcements, Jack; you heard it hear first! Earlier today, Steven Holmes signed the contract...His protege, Abel Hunnicutt, will take on "The Good Villain" M!

Cohen: Wow! That is huge! I don't know who I'd bet on winning that one, but it's sure to be a potential show-stealer! We'll see Abel in action tonight, in a Triple Threat match against former WZCW champion, Theron Daggershield, as well as Logan McAllister!

Connor: In addition to that, the main event we have scheduled for you tonight sees EurAsian champion Titus Avison in action, against Elite Openweight champion Eve Taylor, and the reigning King For A Day, Noah Ryder!

Cohen: Has he cashed in? Is he cashing in? That would throw a major wrench into Gold Rush, wouldn't it?

Connor: We also have Mark Keaton in action against one half of the tag team champions, El Caidos Dragon! But first, we have word that Flex Mussel is in the building and ready to address the crowd.

[YOUTUBE]5v05YDXwcII[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd cheers as Flex's music hits. He walks out onto the stage, a towel over his head. Once he gets to the ring, he removes the towel to heavy boos, as it isn't Flex, but Titus Avison under the towel. He flashes his trademark cheeky grin before grabbing a microphone.

Titus: Were you expecting someone else?

The crowd boos again as Titus removes his windbreaker, revealing his WZCW EurAsian Title.

Titus: I'm sure you were all expecting Flex, but I have bad news, he is still laid up from the beat down I gave him weeks ago. It is a shame really, as I have no challengers for my prestigious WZCW EurAsian championship. Just like the Portland Timbers have no challengers for title of worst team in the MLS.

The crowd boos heavily at the cheap shot.

Titus: So as the greatest champion in this company, it is a shame that no one will be able to challenge me for my title at Gold Rush. It is a shame since I am the greatest champion in the history of....

Just as Titus is about to finish, a fan jumps over the rails with a microphone in hand. He slides into the ring and gets in the face of Titus. Some of the fans in attendance recognize him as indy wrestler Charles "The Cheesecake" Chesterfield, friend of Flex.

Charles: I have news for you Mr. Avison, Flex has been training hard every day. I'm here to lay down the challenge for Flex. He challenges you to a match at Gold Rush, for your EurAsian Title, MAYHEM RULES!

The crowd cheers wildly at the announcement and Charles looks smug until Titus cheap shots him with the microphone and then hits him with the Tit Drop. He picks up a mic.

Titus: I accept, because Flex won't be able to make it to Gold Rush, and if he does, I'll make sure to finish the job I started a few weeks ago!

Titus drops the mic onto Charles before he exits the ring, holding his title belt high the entire way, boos raining down on him.

Connor: So more huge news, Titus Avison accepts the challenge laid down by Flex's proxy.

Cohen: That is if Flex is even cleared to compete Cat, which I doubt happens.

Anderson: This match is scheduled for one fall...

[YT]-xA84aIAWEk[/YT]​

The lights dim low until a spotlight shines down to the middle of the entrance stage where El Caidos Dragon stands with his wing spread out wide. He stares up for a moment before turning around, throwing his wings back. He walks swiftly down the ramp to the ring

Anderson: Introducing first, weighing in at 180 pounds. From Culiucan, Mexico... One half of the WZCW Tag Team Champions... El Caidos Dragon!!

Connor: Well, ladies and gentlemen, this match seems to have come at the right time for El Caidos Dragon. Mark Keaton and Justin Cooper have made a nuisance of themselves lately and have shown that they just have the ring smarts to get the better of the Tag Team Champions.

Cohen: I have to say, CC, Cooper and Keaton have put themselves right in amongst the title fight. People might not have given them much of a chance when they become the number one contenders but they have shown that they can mix it with the best on any occasion.

Sliding under the bottom rope before climbing up to the second turn-buckle, El Caidos spreads his wings out once more as the spotlight remains on him.

The letters RMK appear on the screen as the music starts, when the heavy guitar kicks in , he walks out and gives a casual devils horn signal to the crowd. He starts head-banging and playing his air guitar as he rocks his way down to the ring.

Anderson: And his opponent, weighing in at 225 pounds. From Detroit City... Remarkable Mark Keaton!!

Cohen: It has been a remarkable first few months in WZCW for Mark Keaton, CC. He has gone from WZCW rookie to number one contender for the Tag Team Championship.

Connor: A lot has to be said of Mark Keaton and Justin Cooper, folks. They have continually found themselves at odds with The Phantoms of Chaos. But on each occasion, they seem to have found themselves coming out on top. Tonight though, El Caidos gets his hands on Keaton and it just might get ugly.

Keaton continues to rock out as he makes his way down to the ring. Under the mask of El Caidos, a smile seems to appears as he thinks about getting his hands on Mark Keaton once and for all. Keaton, on the other hand, seems completely unphased by what is going on inside of the ring. Keaton rocks his way around the ring as El Caidos watches him intently; waiting for his moment to strike. Around the ring Keaton goes until he finally reaches the ring steps. Getting into the ring, Keaton seems excited about the prospect of the match at hand.

DING! DING! DING!

Connor: Well, here we go!!

Just as the match begins, El Caidos move towards Keaton with some momentum. But Mark Keaton is in no mood to mix it up with El Caidos at this early venture. Dropping to his back and then rolling out of the ring immediately, El Caidos kicks out at the bottom rope in a rage. Keaton gives El Caidos a smile as he begins walking around the ring once more. The fans let Keaton know what they think of his cowardly acts as they begin raining hate down on him. But Keaton seems completely not bothered by what people think of him. The referee signals for Mark Keaton to get back into the ring but Keaton seems to be wanting to take his time about it. El Caidos urges the referee to start his count; the urge to destroy him growing and growing with every infuriating passing moment. With no other choice, the referee begins his count.

Connor:
Mark Keaton better step up and face the music. I know that he has made a career of getting inside people's heads during a match. But the longer he stays out on the outside of the ring, the more El Caidos wants to throttle him.

Cohen: This is all part of the plan, CC. I wouldn't expect you to understand in all honesty.

Keaton moves around the ring, taking his entrance gear off in the process. He makes it all the way to the announcers table as El Caidos begins backing away from the nearby ropes; urging Keaton to come back into the ring and meet his fate. But, in all honesty, Keaton doesn't seem to be in any rush as a look of disgust crosses his retro features.

With only two seconds left, Keaton moves over towards the ring announcer and pulls her from her chair. Folding it up immediately, Keaton moves back towards the ring with pace, trying his best to beat the count.

But just as he reaches the apron of the ring, he comes to a complete stop; his expression changing to a laugh as he does.

10!​

Connor: Oh, come on!

Cohen: Genius!

El Caidos rages inside of the ring as Mark Keaton moves away from the apron; the steel chair still held firmly in his right hand. Moving back over towards the announce tables, Keaton grabs a microphone and begins circling the ring one more time. As he finally reaches the ramp once again, he opens out the chair and sets it down; plopping himself down on it in the process.

Keaton: You actually think that I would risk getting in the ring with you so close to Gold Rush? You are kidding yourself, buddy!

Keaton gives a harsh laugh as the crowd show him exactly what they think about his decision not to wrestle here tonight.

Keaton: I mean, look at you. You are absolutely raging that I didn't get in the ring. If I did, I bet you would want to rip me limb from limb. All of those times that Cooper and I have gotten one up on the, supposed, Phantoms of Chaos... It must really grind your gears?

On the inside of the ring. El Caidos doesn't seem to be taking any note of the rambling from his Championship challenger. Instead, he seems to be urging the referee to get Keaton back inside the ring and for him to restart the match. The referee shakes his head as Keaton continues.

Keaton: All the chair shots to the back, all of the times that you have been made to look foolish... It's all part of the plan, baby! At Gold Rush, Justin Cooper and I will show the world what real Tag Team Champions are and we will do it with more style than anyone ever thought was possible. And for a real treat, I've even managed to make it a CHAIRS MATCH!!

The crowd burst into life as the announcement of a chairs match at Gold Rush fills them with anticipation. Enough even to make them forget that Mark Keaton avoided this match like a coward.

Connor: Now that is a big announcement!

The crowd's reaction suddenly changes, however, as Justin Cooper appears from behind El Caidos Dragon and slides into the ring. Holding a chair in one hand, he waits for El Caidos to turn around and meet his steel fate. A flurry of hatred rains down as Cooper stalks him. But as El Caidos turns around, he seems to know in his gut that something is going down. He narrowly avoids the swinging steel from Cooper and immediately nails him with a beautiful high kick to the back of the neck. Cooper hits the canvas as Mark Keaton immediately enters the ring; looking to make the numbers game count for something. El Caidos ducks under the flailing arm of Keaton as he attempts a clothesline to turn the tide. As El Caidos hits the ropes, he returns to Keaton and nails him with a beautifully executed Huracanrana! Keaton now hits the canvas as Cooper makes his way back to his feet; nailing with El Caidos with an axe-handle to the back. El Caidos stumbles forward but quickly rallies to turn on Cooper and hit him a violent flurry as this rivalry break down in the middle of the ring. Suddenly, however, Keaton nails El Caidos with a chair shot the back!

Connor: God damn it, this is nothing more than an assault!

Cohen: Beautifully executed, no less! I love it!

Cooper and Keaton finally have El Caidos grounded and begin laying into him with numerous stomps and punches. Cooper shouts an order to his tag team partner as El Caidos struggles to fight them off. Keaton grabs the chair from on the canvas and wraps it around the foot and ankle of the Dragon. But before they can do any more permanent damage, a huge roar of approval goes up from the fans.

Connor: It's Ty Burna!!

Ty immediately runs down the ramp and grabs the chair that once seated Mark Keaton only moments ago. Sliding under the ropes and into the ring, Ty looks to get some well-earned revenge on the challengers to his Tag Team Championships. But no sooner has Ty entered the ring, than Cooper and Keaton have exited it; massive smiles on their faces. Ty looks pissed as he helps El Caidos back to his feet; Cooper and Keaton backing themselves up the ramp as they begin laughing at their Gold Rush opponents.

Connor: Well, El Caidos and Ty Burna didn't manage to get their retribution here tonight, folks. But at Gold Rush, there will be nowhere to hide for the challengers. And in a chairs match, they might live to regret their actions over the last few weeks.

--------------------------

As the crowd finally quiets down after the announcement, the big screen illuminates, showing veteran interviewer Johnny Klamor and Gold Rush tournament competitor Veejay.

Johnny Klamor: Veejay, let's cut to the chase. Last year, you were a true Cinderella story, nearly winning the Gold Rush tournament. You took a hiatus from WZCW not long after that, and here you are again, except this time, you're the veteran facing the surprise of the tournament, Mr. Tony Mancini. What's your gameplan, and do you think you have it in you to finish what you started one year ago?

Veejay: First, Johnny, I'd like to take a second to dedicate this match to S-

Johnny Klamor: Saffron! We get it. That wasn't an answer to the question. I've been doing this a long time, and in my experience, when a guy sidesteps a clear question like "How will you win the match?", it's a sure sign their lacking confidence. Their head isn't in the right place. Clearly Sara is a distraction at this juncture.

Veejay is taken aback by the interruption, but as Johnny speaks, the emotion on his face changes, accepting what's being said.

Veejay: You're right, Johnny. Saffron isn't 100%, and a piece of my mind is focused on her. I've questioned if this is the right thing for me to be doing. What keeps me going, is thinking what she might want. And what she would want, is to wake up in that hospital, and see my hand being raised as the winner of the 2016 Gold Rush tournament, and claim my title shot against whoever wins the main event.

And don't ever take my emotions as a sign of weakness, or a lack of confidence, as you say. If I didn't think...If I didn't know I could win this, I'd be at Sara's bedside. Tonight, Tony Mancini stands across the ring from me. The kid's got heart, and he has a bright future, but tonight is not the night he earns that statement win that every rookie needs.

Johnny Klamor: What's the gameplan, Veejay? You have a clear height advantage, but he outweighs you by nearly thirty pounds. Will that slow you down at all?

Veejay slides on his aviators and smiles into the camera, before pulling his robe on and turning his back to the camera so the flashing lights that spell out "Portland" are visible. The crowd comes to their feet, cheering the Bollywood actor.

Veejay: Stay tuned!

The screen fades to black as the crowd anticipates the next match.

Anderson: This match is scheduled for one fall and is a quarter final match of the Gold Rush Tournament!

[YOUTUBE]nW3LikcBL68[/YOUTUBE]​

After a few moments, Tony Mancini finally makes his way through the curtain and out into the arena. Giving the fans a stereotypical look of disgust, Mancini cuts the figure of a man who is focused on the task at hand.

Connor: Without Rizzoli by his side tonight, Jack, Tony Mancini is going to be forced into doing this all on his own. And without some brass knuckles in his tights, he might have to prove that he deserves to move onto the semi finals of the Gold Rush Tournament with ring skills alone to rely on.

Cohen: That is slanderous, CC. Tony Mancini has been utterly impressive since his debut in WZCW. He might not have Rizzoli with him tonight but Tony Mancini has all of the skills to give Veejay a tough match.

Introducing first, from Little Italy, weighing 275 pounds, Tony Mancini!!

Mancini continues down the ramp, tossing rude gestures towards the fans as he does; but never losing sight of the ring at the end of the ramp. As he reaches the ring, he slides under the bottom rope and is immediately searched for foreign objects. Mancini offers a sly smile as he adheres to the request of the official.

[YOUTUBE]D7hm1gI17e0[/YOUTUBE]​

Immediately after Veejay's music begins, his energetic entrance to the ring begins. As the lights darken, Veejay bursts into the arena; his trademark hooded jumper flashing as he explores the length of the whole stage. The fans pop for the finalist of the Gold Rush Tournament from last year. Finally, however, Veejay focusses on the ring and his opponent inside of it.

Cohen: Well, he was a finalist from last year and now only Tony Mancini stands in the way of Veejay heading into the semi finals of the Gold Rush Tournament this year. Hell, how could even go all the way this time.

Connor: There aren't many people who would disagree with you at this point, Jack. Veejay has all of the experience required to go all the way but Mancini represents a huge challenge for the man from India.

Anderson: And his opponent, weighing in at 251 pounds... From Bollywood... Veejay!!

Veejay continues down the ramp until he reaches the bottom of the steps, now focussed on the man and the match in front of him. Climbing the steps and getting into the ring, both men finally find themselves face to face.

DING! DING! DING!​

Both men stand across the ring, staring into the eyes of the other until finally, they come together with a tie up in the middle of the ring. But Tony Mancini shows that he is firmly focussed for the match and everything that Veejay is bringing to it by landing a quick knee to the gut of his opponent. Veejay bends over; doubled in pain as Tony Mancini lands a heavy clubbing blow to the back of the Bollywood star. Veejay hits the canvas for the first time in the match as the rookie looks to pile on the pressure even more. Stomping with both feet and with ruthless aggression, Tony looks utterly set on reaching the next round of the Gold Rush Tournament and putting Veejay away early. Veejay struggles to keep up with the pace that Mancini is setting and is thankfully saved by the referee starting his five count; Mancini breaking up his stomps and grabbing the long black hair of his opponent. Backing him into the near corner, Mancini puts his hand under the chin of the shaky Veejay and stares him in the eyes for a second or two; looking deep into his soul seemingly. The crowd falls silent as Mancini brings one finger to his lips in a quieting action. Suddenly, Mancini slaps the chest of his opponent, the slapping sound reverberating around the arena and bringing a crimson colour to the chest of the Bollywood star. The crowd let out a customer “WOOO” as Veejay recoils out of the corner; a look of agony plastered across his features. Mancini doesn't seem to be in the mood to allow Veejay to get away that easily though, immediately following him towards the middle of the ring and then nailing him with a swift bulldog that that takes both men back to the canvas. Mancini quickly rolls Veejay over and looks for the pin at this early stage. But the referee is only able to manage a count 1 before the man from Mumbai rolls his shoulder out.

Connor: Great start from the Italian American here, Jack.

Cohen: Absolutely right, CC. I have to admit that I have been impressed by Tony Mancini since his first appearance in a WZCW ring. He might not have all of the grace of a WZCW legend but he is a human wrecking ball and he seems to get the job done more often than not.

Mancini gets to his knees and looks down at Veejay; who is still struggling to come to terms with the sluggish start he has managed and the great start that his opponent seems to have rocketed towards. Grabbing Veejay by the hair some more and then slamming his right hand into his face a few times, Mancini knows that he has to follow up on his early advances to really take Veejay to task. Getting back to a vertical base,Mancini goes to grab at the hair of Veejay one more time; probably with a view to hauling him back to his feet. But Veejay is ready for him and immediately pulls him down towards the canvas, rolling him into an inside cradle and picking up a pin effort of his own! The referee quickly shoots down to the canvas and counts the fall. 1... 2... Mancini just manages to break the fall; the surprising nature of the fall almost enough to put Mancini away. The crowd are still stunned by the quick fall as both men quickly shoot back to their feet. But it is, again, the Italian American who manages to get the better of the situation; nailing Veejay with a stunning clothesline and taking Veejay back to the canvas one more time. This time, however, Mancini doesn't seem to think that Veejay can be put away as he begins to pace around the ring, his Italian fiery temper beginning to come to the surface of his character. Mancini grabs at the right leg of his opponent, perhaps looking for some sort of submission move. But as he twists around the leg of Veejay, the Bollywood star uses his free foot to kick Mancini away and bounce him off of the ropes. As a stunned Mancini hits the ropes, Veejay springs back to his feet and nails the man from Little Italy with a beautiful body slam that shakes the ring. Both men lie prone on the canvas the referee begins his 10 count and the fans show their appreciation for the wrestlers efforts.

Connor: You have to give credit to both men in this match, Jack. Mancini seems to have controlled this match from the outset. But you can simply never count out Veejay in a WZCW match.

Cohen: Well, Veejay found himself in the finals of the Gold Rush Tournament for a reason, CC. He has all of the fight that you need to be successful in this company, and certainly in this tournament. He will be looking to go one further this year and Mancini is simply just in the way.

After a count of three, both men finally start to find their way back to their feet as both men look to reclaim the advantage that they have held for only a few minutes each in this back and forth match. Both men use the ropes to get back to their feet as Mancini goes for another clothesline. But Veejay has it well scouted and immediately ducks under the flailing arm of the Italian American. Veejay continues his momentum and ups the pace as he hits the ropes. Upon his return to where Mancini is standing, Veejay launches himself with a flying drop kick that sends connects beautifully and sends Mancini shooting out of the ring and down onto the protective mats on the outside of the ring. Veejay struggles towards the ropes again on the far side of the ring and begins using them to get back to his feet. On the outside of the ring, Mancini seems to be stirring and begins clawing at the apron in order to do the same. With Mancini almost back on his feet, Veejay finally pulls himself back to a vertical base. Looking over his shoulder, Veejay notices that Mancini is back on his feet and suddenly finds a burst of energy. He hits the ropes and then sprints across the ring before tossing himself through the ropes and barrelling towards Mancini; connecting with a huge splash and sending Mancini backwards into the security barrier. Veejay gets a pop from the crowd as he gets back to his feet and lets out a primal scream at no one in particular. He grabs the head of Tony Mancini and then pulls him back to his feet. Rolling Tony back into the ring under the bottom rope, Veejay looks to properly cement his advantage as he grabs one leg of Tony Mancini and puts him into the one legged Boston Crab! Tony lets out a yell of agony as Veejay levers back on the hold and the referee asks him if he wants to give it up. In the centre of the ring, it doesn't look as though Mancini has a lot of options.

Connor: This could be it, folks. That move inflicts so much damage onto the legs and back on anyone that is unfortunate enough to be held in it. Tony Mancini's face tells a story that ten thousand words could never tell.

Cohen: Right, CC! I've been in that hold more times than I can count and it's one of the reasons that I am sitting on this side of the announce table. The pain radiating through the body of Tony Mancini right now is something close to excruciating.

Veejay levers back on the leg of Tony, leaning back all of the time. Mancini hasn't been able to move as yet as Veejay continues to pile on the pressure to his lower back and right leg. But soon a plan seems to come to the forefront of Mancini's pain inflicted mind. Reaching out for the bottom ropes in the distance, Tony lets out another gigantic yell of agony. But slowly and surely, he begins crawling across the ropes. Veejay steadies himself; knowing that should Mancini escape this move it may be a spark to his ambitions of finding his way back into this match. Leaning more and more backwards until he is almost prone on the back of his opponent, Veejay tries his damnedest to make sure that Mancini doesn't reach the ropes. But with one final reach of his right arm, the man from Little Italy finally makes it to the bottom rope and his ultimate salvation. The crowd, who were on the edge of their seats, let out a decidedly mixed reaction as the gangster lets a smile of relief cross his pained features; his face beat red in pain. The referee pulls Veejay from the legs of his opponent as Veejay seems to be utterly furious that Mancini was able to reach the ring ropes. The referee remonstrates with Veejay as Mancini continues to cling onto the ropes for help and salvation from his opponent. Veejay continues to argue with the referee as Mancini finally attempts to get back to his feet until he is on one knee. Realising that Mancini has recovered somewhat and that his advantage is slipping away, Veejay pushes the referee out of the way and goes to grab Mancini by the head. But Mancini is ready for him and bursts onto his feet. Suddenly, Mancini nails Veejay with a stunning DDT that spikes Veejay right onto the top of his head.

Cohen: Rookie mistake, Veejay!

Connor: I have to agree with you, Jack. Veejay has been here long enough to know better than to get himself tied up with arguments with officials when the match is still ongoing. For that reason, Veejay might now find himself dumped out of this tournament.

Mancini rolls onto his back, obviously still feeling the effects of the match as Veejay struggles to remember his own name beside him; the after effect of being planted right onto the top of his head. Mancini rolls onto his stomach for a moment, looking at Veejay; who does seem to be a lot worse for wear. But Mancini doesn't go for the pinfall for some reason. The fans seem stunned as Mancini uses the ropes to get back to his feet; his legs beginning to buckle under him after the beautifully executed Boston Crab only moments ago. Mancini continues to look down at Veejay as the former Bollywood idol begins to stir on the canvas. At that, Mancini allows another smile to cross his features. This time, however, it is a smile of sick nature. It seems as though Mancini has high hopes of putting this match away and seems to have come up with the plan to do it. Still limping from the Boston Crab, Mancini heads into the far corner of the ring and gives the signal to the fans that this one is all over. The fans let out a roar of venomous approval as Mancini crouches down in the corner of the ring. Using the ropes to get to his feet, Veejay is none the wiser to what is coming his way. But the fans in the arena know exactly what is coming! As Veejay turns around, Mancini goes to run at him, looking for the finish with the W.G.T! But just as Mancini hist his stride, his right leg crumbles. Mancini drops to one knee and clutches at his injured leg. He quickly gets back to a shaky two-legged basis but Veejay nails him with the Pelle Kick! No sooner has Mancini hit the canvas than Veejay is on him... BOLLYWOOD MEETS HOLLYWOOD! With no where to go and his body already racked with pain, Mancini taps out!

Cohen: And that's it! Veejay is heading back to the Gold Rush PPV!

Connor: I can hardly believe it, Jack! Mancini was in control for most of this match. But you have to give a massive amount of credit of Veejay for taking the upper hand with that submission earlier in the match. Without that, Mancini would have been moving on to the PPV.

Cohen: Still, a great showing from Mancini. That same Italian fire that flows him every pore on Mancini's body almost took him to the semi finals of the Gold Rush Tournament with only a few matches under his belt. A big future is assured if he can continue learning.

Anderson: Here is your winner... Veejay!!

With that, Veejay gets to his unsteady feet and has his hand raised by the referee. Having his arm raised, Veejay looks very pleased about his win. Meanwhile, Tony Mancini lets a look of hatred cross his features as he spots Veejay leaving the ring.

----------------------------------

John Doe is shown storming through the backstage area, tossing over tables and kicking over trashcans. Workers and caterers all flee as he nears them, until he stops in front of Ms. Serra's office. Three voices can be heard. The first one obviously belongs to the Ascension General Manager. The other seems to be the General Manager of Meltdown, Vance Bateman. The third...

???: You see this? I have what I need. Book my match!

John kicks the door open as the lock gives and bursts into the room. Bateman leaps to his feet. Becky is already standing, but the surprise has nearly thrown her into the wall opposite the door. Eve Taylor stays seated, calmly smiling in John Doe's direction.

John Doe: It was you! Wasn't it! I thought it was that fat fool, Stormrage, but he's not cunning enough to pull it off!

Eve stands and turns to him, raising her hand, allowing his stolen mask to dangle from her middle finger as she waves it in his direction.

Eve Taylor: Oh, this little thing? It wasn't me. In fact, it was Stormrage. He dropped it off to me before the show. I think he expected it to get him a second date. But, the fact remains...

It's in my possession now.

Eve quickly clasps the mask in her fist as John lunges for it.

Eve Taylor: Nuh-uh-uh! Not handing this over that easily.

Serra: It would appear, John, that Eve has made a request, and since you're here now, we can talk business. Please, take a seat.

Eve slides back into her chair, slowly crossing her legs while keeping her eyes fixated on John as he takes a seat in a chair just inside the doorway. Becky straightens out her dress, and sits next to Eve.

Bateman: Vance, I think this is quite simple. Eve wants her title, John wants his mask. Make the trade, and call it a day.

Vance leans back in his chair, rubbing his chin, pondering the possibility.

Serra: Unlike you, Vance, I know what's best for business. I know what needs to happen here.

Vance slams his fist against his desk and flings himself back into his chair, his face turning a red that almost perfectly matches his tie. Eve scoffs, nearly mimicking Vance's movements.

Serra: Miss Taylor, you want your title-

Eve Taylor: SENSHUKEN!

Serra: You want your...sun chicken...back, right?

Eve Taylor: Yes!

Serra: And John...your mask?

John Doe: Yes.

Silence fills the room for a minute until Becky speaks up.

Bateman: So what's your big idea, Becky?

Serra: At Gold Rush, we're going to have ourselves a match for the Elite Openweight Championship. Eve, your title will obviously be on the line, but John...you're putting your mask up against her belt.

Eve and John both approach the desk, loudly protesting, screaming over each other before coming face to face, shouting obscenities and other verbal barbs at each other. Becky forces herself into the middle, separating the two.

Bateman: ENOUGH!

Serra: Thank you, Vance. Now John, Eve...Anything you two would like to say, before signing a contract for the match?

John turns his back on Eve and runs his hand over his face, wiping away the sweat and breathing loudly as Eve chimes in.

Eve Taylor: You're crazy if you think you're getting this mask back before Gold Rush, if ever. If I win...when I win, you will hand my Senshuken back! And I will burn this mask in effigy!

John turns, ready to retaliate.

John Doe: And when I win, Eve...you'll hand that mask back, and I get to keep your precious little title! Are you ready to unmask yourself? To reveal the real Eva Pellegrini?

Upon hearing her birth name used, Eve winds up and slaps Doe across the mouth, drawing a trickle of blood from his lip. He licks the fresh wound, smiling at the taste of his own blood.

John Doe: Good. I'll see you at Gold Rush, Eva...

Vance acts fast, grabbing Eve around the shoulders and guiding her out of the office. John turns back to the Bateman.

Serra: Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned, John.

John Doe: Let's hope so.

John leaves as Becky dials maintenance to come repair her door.

Leon Kensworth: Let me get a word, Logan? Brittany?

Logan and Brittany notice Leon, and stop walking. Logan offers up a fistbump, which Leon eagerly accepts, as Brittany drapes herself on Logan's side.

Brittany O' Shea: Anytime, Leon!

Leon Kensworth: Last week, you guys suffered a setback, losing to Veejay in the opening round of the Gold Rush tournament. Now, there doesn't seem to be a match for Logan at the pay-per-view. How does that affect the future for you two?

Logan appears upset, but as Brittany goes to answer for him, he puts up a hand and cuts her off.

Logan McAllister: The loss last week sucked. There's no gettin' around that. Between losin' to Veejay, and that kid in the crowd, I needed to back out of the spotlight, and take some time to myself. But, I'm back. And there's big news out of owah camp.

Leon Kensworth: Oh? What's that?

Logan McAllister: Well...I wanted to wait until aftah I win this match, but I guess there's no harm in waitin', is there? Next week, at Gold Rush...Logan McAllister is throwin' a Boston Suplex Party, and the entire WZCW locker room is invited! Brittany and I will go out there, and whoever wants to man up and answer the call, can come join me!

Leon Kensworth: Wow! You heard it here first, folks! At Gold Rush, Logan McAllister is throwing down the gauntlet! An open challenge to everyone in the WZCW locker room!

Brittany O' Shea: It's owah time, baby!

[YOUTUBE]rogPVEQpE1A[/YOUTUBE]​

Logan McAllister: If you'll excuse us, Leon!

-----------------------------

The camera cuts to the arena, where Selena Anderson is waiting.

Anderson: This Triple Threat match is scheduled for one fall! Making his way to the ring first, accompanied by his manager, Brittany O' Shea...He is "The Son Of Boston"...LOGAN! McALLISTER!

Logan and Brittany enter through the curtain to loud applause. Brittany poses in front of Logan as he hypes the crowd, and the two make their way to the ring.

Connor: Logan looks as confident as ever, doesn't he, Jack?

Cohen: He'll need to be, going up against a former champion, and the monster that has been terrorizing the locker room since he arrived here! Also, who does he think he is, issuing an open challenge to the entire locker room?

Connor: I just had a message brought to me, Jack, that the match is official, and sanctioned, as per Mr. Banks! Logan McAllister's open challenge will happen! Now the speculation begins, as to who will answer the call!

Cohen: If he's lucky, it'll be someone like Jack Skinner, or Doug Crashin!

Connor: They're both retired, and long gone, Jack! If I were a betting woman, I'd put good money down that it would be one of the men he's facing here tonight!

[YOUTUBE]w7ommSPg8_Q[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: And his first opponent...He is the "Warblade of Mystra"...THERON! DAGGER-SHIELD!

Theron enters the arena as the cheers manage to get even louder. Logan and Brittany watch intently from the ring as the former champion puts on his sword display from the stage.

Connor: The "Warblade" has had a bit of a rough go, since losing the title to Dr. Zeus, including the loss last week to Garth Black in the tournament. This would be a statement win for him, as he looks to turn his luck around.

Cohen: You're giving both of these men way too much credit, Cat. Theron has shown that if there's an opponent he struggles with, it's the big menacing foes who can throw him around with relative ease. They don't get much more big or menacing, than Steven Holmes' pet project.

Connor: Don't let either of them hear you say that, Jack!

Theron climbs the steps, and enters the ring, keeping an eye on his opponent as he does so. Logan and Brittany move aside, giving him his space as all three turn towards the stage.

[YOUTUBE]xQtXsp4tIbw[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: And their opponent...From-

Steven Holmes: Don't strain yourself, ma'am. I'll take it from here.

Selena looks at them puzzlingly, unsure of what to do. Holmes makes a hand motion to shoo her from the ring, as Abel follows him to ringside.

Steven Holmes: This man stands at an incredible six feet, ten inches tall, and weighs in at just a hair over nineteen stone...He hails from Dead Horse, Alaska...He is the new measure for which all things labeled "Elite" will be compared against, and the future of this company...ABEL! HUNN-I-CUTT!

Both men are in the ring, as Holmes finishes the introduction. Holmes is pointing at Abel as he finishes the announcement, and Abel's only movement is to raise a fist in the air, soaking in the chorus of boos and jeering that accompany his introduction.

Cohen: Such disrespect from these plebeians! Can't they recognize greatness, especially when it is on display right in front of them?

Connor: I...I find it hard to argue. Abel commands attention, and the locker room is now on notice, after some strong words from Steven Holmes.

*DING* *DING* *DING*

Holmes takes his time exiting the ring as Abel turns towards his opponents, who are standing shoulder-to-shoulder across the ring from him. Abel knows they're going to double-team him, and readies himself for the attack, getting into an old-school boxing stance, taped up fists readied.

Theron moves first, charges headfirst at the bearded big man, driving a shoulder into his mid-section. Abel is unmoved, and raises an arm to swat the small man away. Before he swings, Logan also charges, connecting with a clothesline that only stumbles Abel into the turnbuckle. Theron grabs hold of the ropes, and drives a series of shoulders into the big man's gut, as Logan begins laying in right hand after right hand to his face. Abel put his arms up to block the Bostonian's blows, ignoring the offense of Theron.

Abel clubs the former champion in the back, driving him down to a knee, and swings an elbow in Logan's direction, connecting with the side of his head, but not having any better affect than the two men have had on him. The two larger men brawl out of the corner, swinging wild lefts and rights while Theron collects himself in the corner. Before long, the fists are connecting at the same time as the ref screams at both about not using open fists.

Logan ducks a right hand, which spins Abel around, just in time for Theron to connect with a missile dropkick off the top rope! Abel stumbles backward a step, and Logan dives under his legs, tripping the big man to the canvas! He hooks the leg, but Theron makes the save!

Connor: Quick thinking there by the Warblade!

Cohen: Stupid thinking, is what it is, Cat! Theron and Logan would have been lucky to escape this match this quickly, but he may have just signed off on his own ass-kicking!

Logan jumps to his feet and shoves Theron, who replies with a right hand! The two of them begin exchanging fists at a pace similar to earlier, while Abel takes his time to get to his feet out of their sight. While they're distracted, Abel charges them, but they seem him coming, and duck the clotheslines! Abel bounces off the ropes, and both men hit the deck, as he races over them, off the opposite ropes! As Abel comes back to them, Theron connects with a spinning heel kick, while Logan takes out the legs!

Connor: Total Elimination!

Logan pounces, dropping a knee into Abel's chest, and then gaining control, raining down elbows and forearms! Theron leans off the ropes, connecting with a dropkick, sending Logan reeling! Logan falls backward, and his arms are tied in the ropes! Theron lays in an elbow smash, and then unhooks his opponent! With the arms free, Theron grabs him and hits a Northern Lights Suplex! As he gets to his feet, Abel nearly takes his head off with a big boot! Theron topples over the ropes, and hits the floor!

Holmes cheers Abel from the outside, while Brittany pounds on the mat, urging Logan to his feet! While Logan gets to a knee, Abel grabs his neck, pulling him up the rest of the way. A European uppercut gets Logan's attention, but he can't answer before Abel catches him with a swinging neckbreaker! Abel pulls him up again, and measures him before connecting with another European uppercut! Logan is shaky on his feet, so Abel scoops him up, and connects with Snake Eyes! Logan's head smashes into the turnbuckle, and he stumbles back to the middle of the ring, where Abel connects with a Superiority Reflex! The pop-up European uppercut lays out McAllister, and he rolls out of the ring!

Cohen: Look at that, Cat! Look who's standing tall! Abel has this match well in hand, and there doesn't appear to be anything Logan or Theron can do to combat it!

Connor: I've never doubted Abel, and I dislike agreeing with you, but the truth is...Abel is handling this match with ease, and it's going to take some major teamwork to slow him down.

Abel circles the ring, stopping only to peer over the ropes at his opponents. Logan is hardly moving, with Brittany tending to him. Theron has gotten to his knees, and has his eyes on Steven as he rounds the corner towards the downed former champ. Theron rushes to his feet, and the two lock eyes. Abel sees this, and reaches over the top rope, palming Theron's head and lifting him to the apron. Before Theron can react, Abel armdrags him into the ring with a massive thud!

Theron clutches at his back while Abel moves slow and methodical. Abel pulls him to his feet, and grabs him by the neck, tossing him into the corner with ease. He chases him in, crushing him with an avalanche! He follows that up with another whip into the opposite corner, and hits another avalanche! Theron doubles over in pain, but Abel stands him back up before rushing in with a series of forearms and fists. Theron slumps down against the bottom turnbuckle as Abel walks to the middle of the ring. He turns, slowly, eyeing his opponent, waiting for him to move. Theron moves, but only to taunt Abel with a crotch chop!

Cohen: Way to anger the beast, Theron! Why would anyone do that?

Connor: Theron is a fighter, and he may be down, but you can never count him out!

Abel is incensed, and rushes in with a big boot to Theron's face, and then grinds his boot into Theron's throat while the ref counts him off!

1! 2! 3! 4!

Abel breaks the choke before being disqualified, but Holmes is unhappy with the ref, barking orders at him from the outside to call the match fair. Theron clutches at his throat, gasping for air. Logan is back to his feet on the outside, and is barely able to shove Brittany away as Abel dives through the ropes, knocking him back down with a shoulder tackle!

Abel lands on his feet, standing over his downed opponent. He lines him up, and delivers a pointed elbow to Logan's head, followed by two more, and then a double axehandle! Logan rolls away from him, and uses the barrier to get to a knee, while Abel walks after him.

Steven Holmes: Look out, Abel!

Theron dives off the top rope with a moonsault, and knocks the big man off his feet! The crowd explodes as all three men are down on the outside! The ref looks on, and has no choice but to start his count!

1! 2! 3!

Abel and Theron are both to a knee, Logan has managed to get to his feet.

4! 5!

Logan connects with a right hand to Theron, slowing him down, but connects with a DDT to take out Abel!

6! 7! 8!

Logan dives into the ring, breaking the count! Theron is on his feet now, staring a hole through Logan! He rolls into the ring quickly, and the two men are chest-to-chest exchanging words. Logan shoves Theron off, and Theron responds with a dropkick! Logan stumbles back into the ropes, and Theron chases him with a clothesline, knocking him back outside! Theron turns around, and Abel is waiting, leveling him with an STO into a claw! Theron fights for the ropes as the ref drops into position to check for a submission!

Theron Daggershield: NEVER!

Abel tightens the hold, squeezing the life out of Theron as every second passes. Theron flails, reaching for the ropes, but is still inches away! Abel rises to his feet, dropping a pointed elbow to Theron's sternum, before kicking him in the ribs, rolling him to his stomach, and applying Aristocracy Reigns! Theron is almost lifeless!

Theron's arm drops once!

The crowd holds their collective breath as Holmes watches on from across the ring, holding his cane in the air and laughing maniacally.

The arm drops again!

The ref raises the arm a third time, but Logan is in the ring! Abel doesn't see him! Logan grabs him around the waist for a German suplex, and hoists him into the air, connecting with the huge suplex, while Abel maintains the grip on Theron, hitting him with a full nelson suplex!

Connor: What a display of strength on the part of Logan there, lifting both men into the air to break the submission, and save his chances of winning this match!

Cohen: Logan? Aren't you selling Abel a little short? He dragged Theron out from underneath his own body to deliver a suplex of his own in all that!

Theron lies motionless on the mat as the ref checks on his condition. Abel's eyes are glazed over as he figures out what's going on. Logan is the first man up, catching Abel around the waist as he tries to regain a vertical base!

SU-PLEX! PAR-TY! *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Logan rolls through a trifecta of German suplexes, and holds on to finish it off with a belly-to-back suplex! Abel is dazed on the mat! Logan rolls him over and hooks the leg!

1...2...KICKOUT!

Abel kicks out at the last second, and Logan is shocked! Logan pulls Abel to his feet, whipping him across the ring into the turnbuckle! He rushes in after him, and attempts an exploder suplex, but Abel hugs the ropes and blocks it! Logan rolls away from him, coming to his feet on the follow-through, and Abel catches him between the eyes with a big boot! Logan is reeling! Abel puts him a front facelock, and then sets up the World's End! The tombstone piledriver connects, driving Logan's head into the mat! Abel goes for the victory!

1...2...THERON MAKES THE SAVE!

Theron has come to life, and takes out Abel with a Thesz press, and is hammering away at the larger opponent! Abel covers up, deflecting most of the damage, and shoves him off! Theron gets to his feet, but Abel levels him with Aristocracy Reigns! Theron is lifeless once again, but that doesn't stop Abel from picking him up, and hitting another World's End! He grabs a hold of Theron's limp body, and drapes him over Logan, and lays over both men for the pin!

1...2...3!

Anderson: Your winner...ABEL! HUNN-I-CUTT!

Holmes gets into the ring as fast as he can, and raises Abel's hand in victory as they stand tall over their downed opponents!

Connor: A decisive victory, Jack, if there ever was one! Theron fought valiantly, but just couldn't get enough mustard behind any of his strikes, and Abel used his size advantage over both opponents to inflict his will!

Cohen: You said it, Cat! Theron, as always, fought to the bitter end, and obviously Logan did what he does best, and you see who the victor is. Like I said, Abel Hunnicutt. Steven Holmes finally seems to have his man headed in the right direction, and I would not want to be any of the champions, come the end of Gold Rush!

Connor: You can say that again! Abel has his sights set on M at Gold Rush, but you have to believe he is looking at that as a stepping stone to some of the larger fish in WZCW's pond!

Anderson: And the following contest is set for one fall! And it is a quarterfinal match up in the Gold Rush tournament!

[YOUTUBE]Uz1Jwyxd4tE[/YOUTUBE]​

The skilled veteran appears onstage with water bottle in hand. As he begins to walk down to the ring and turns his attention to the camera and says “You don’t get to win today Ramparte, it’s my time”. Before getting to the ring he takes off his shirt and gives it to a fan in the crowd. He eventually enters the ring and poses for fans before taking one last sip of water and throwing away the bottle.

Anderson: From Rhyl, Wales, Garth Black!

Connor: Garth has been on a roll as of late. Defeating former World Champion Theron Daggershield in a first round match up has led many to consider Garth who was once a dark horse to be a legitimate favorite to win the whole tournament.

Cohen: I just don’t like the guy’s attitude. He thinks he’s better than everyone else and after months of repeated losses he thinks he can just come out of nowhere and win a shot at the World title?

Connor: Garth has stepped up his game in recent weeks and I just think he might be able to win the whole thing.

Cohen: Not if this man has anything to say about it.

[YOUTUBE]JVhDfzV941E[/YOUTUBE]​

The recluse appears on stage to a surprisingly mixed reaction instead of just the natural boos. His hair of course shielding his face making any reaction to the crowd unknown. He seems to not care in the slightest as he enters the ring and gives the crowd a quick glance before brushing them off and licking his lips. His attention then turns squarely to Garth who is anxiously waiting in the corner.

Anderson: Making his way to the ring, from an undisclosed location, Ramparte!

Cohen: Ramparte has beaten this man before and will gladly do it again.

Connor: Something tells me the circumstances are different this time.

Cohen: Ramparte was the true dark horse of this tournament and after he finally wins I’ll be rubbing it in your face Cat!

The bell rings as both men immediately lock up in the center of the ring. Garth is able to power Ramparte into a corner and goes for a wild swing only for an agile Ramparte to dodge and nail Garth squarely in the face with a European Uppercut. The recluse then hits a flapjack only for Garth to land on his feet but immediately fall to one knee clutching his ankle. Ramparte takes advantage and blasts him in the back of the head with a forearm taking Black to the ground. Ramparte then puts his opponent into a foot choke until the ref gets to a four count. He then picks up Garth looking to hit a snap suplex but the veteran counters into a belly to belly suplex. Both men get to their feet around the same time and Ramparte charges with a clothesline only for Garth to duck under, catch his arm, and plant him with a Russian leg sweep. He immediately goes for the cover 1….2…Ramparte kicks out! Garth doesn’t lose focus at all and picks up Ramparte looking for the Black Out but the recluse nails multiple elbows to Garth’s head and then reverses the hold into a Denouement attempt! Garth however is able to wiggle threw up and give Ramparte a back body drop but the recluse lands on his feet and both men turn around to each other in a standoff as the crowd claps for both competitors!

Connor: These two men seem to know each other extremely well after previous encounters.

Both men notice the sign of respect being given by the crowd and decide to give to each other as well as they extend hands for a quick shake. The sportsmanship doesn’t last however as both men then deliver a kick to the gut being them down to one knee. They both hit forearms bringing them down to both their knees. They then meet skulls with a head-butt knocking both men down to the mat. The referee begins a count to see which man can get to their feet first.

1…..

2…..

3…..

4…..

Both men begin to stir.

5….

Garth and Ramparte try to shake off the cobwebs and get to one knee.

6….

7….

8…..

9…..

Both Ramparte and Garth are able to make it to their feet at the last possible second and Ramparte charges at Garth only to be met with an enziguri stopping him dead in his tracks. Stunned and dazed the recluse falls back into the corner and Garth signals to the crowd for a second before he charges at Ramparte and squashes him in the corner with a Getting on the Wagon! Ramparte falls to the mat and Garth makes the cover! 1…2…Ramparte just gets foot under the bottom rope. Garth now realizes he was too close to the ropes to make a cover and pulls Ramparte closer to the center of the ring, but just as he’s about to hook the leg Ramparte rolls him into a small package! 1…2…Thr-NO Garth kicks out! Both men pop up and Ramparte nails a picture perfect calf kick! Garth rolls to a corner for solace but Ramparte has no intention of letting up as he goes for yet another flapjack and this time Garth doesn’t land on his feet but flat on his back! Instead of immediately following up Ramparte rolls under the bottom rope and onto the apron. He sizes Garth up as he gets to feet he hits a Springboard leg lariat! But wait! Garth rolls through and clutches the legs into Black Death! It’s almost déjà vu for Ramparte as he’s in the submission hold but Ramparte rolls through again stopping Garth’s clutch on his legs. Both men get to their feet and Garth goes for a wild swing, misses, and Ramparte plants him with a Book End! He hooks the leg 1…2….Garth kicks out!

Connor: These two are putting on a classic with counter after counter and big move after big move!

Cohen: I’m honestly not sure my heart can take much more of these near falls!

Ramparte stares a hole through the ref as he was sure that was a three count. He takes a bit too much time glaring at the ref and allows Garth to get a breather. Ramparte eventually snaps out of it and notices this goes over to Garth for another Denouement attempt. Garth is able to escape however and slingshots Ramparte into the turnbuckle. The agile competitor however is able to land on the top turnbuckle feet first. He doesn’t have much time to react however as Garth comes out of nowhere and delivers a German suplex from the top rope sending Ramparte to the other side of the ring! Garth is frantic as he tries crawling to Ramparte to make the cover. He’s so close and Ramparte seems to be out completely, eventually he’s able to make it over, and he wraps his arm over a fallen Ramparte 1….2….kickout! It’s Garth this time who can’t believe there was a kick out. Garth is almost completely out of breath as he gets to his feet and picks up Ramparte. Once again Garth tries to go for the Blackout but Ramparte wiggles and squirms his way onto Garth’s back for a rear naked choke! The recluse almost has a death grip on his opponent as Black begins to fade and fade. The veteran has seemingly used all his strength already. The ref asks him if he wants to quit but he gives no response one way or the other. The ref pulls up his hand to see if he’s passed out. Just as the ref drops the arm Garth begins to show signs of life. He’s able to roll Ramparte off of him and catch his breath for a few moments. The break doesn’t last long however as Ramparte is back up nails him with a forearm. Garth returns the favor and hits Ramparte with one of his own. The two men begins trading shots as the crowd goes crazy. Garth is eventually able to get the better of the encounter and Irish whips Ramparte into a corner, delivers ten devastating punches, a kick, and then monkey flips Ramparte right into the middle of the ring! Garth then hops back on the turnbuckle and hits the Come Down!

Cohen: No! Not like this, Garth can’t win, he doesn’t deserve a World title shot!

Connor: Garth may just win this with an insane leap of faith!

Garth quickly makes the cover 1….2….Thr-NOOOO! Ramparte kicks out! Garth is absolutely shocked that Ramparte has kicked out. He begins to wonder if he can even put Ramparte away. He looks at him, and then to the crowd, and then to the turnbuckle. He runs over to it and begins to take off the padding off the top turnbuckle exposing the brass ring. The ref tries to stop him and the crowd begins to plead with him to win the right way. Garth seems to be conflicted about what to do but he eventually stops struggling with the ref and allows him to put back on the turnbuckle pad. As he turns around however Ramparte contorts himself around Garth’s body and locks in the Black Widow! Garth is screaming out in pain as if he’s about to tap out and the ref is frantic to see if he’s about to. Ramparte continues to lock the hold in deeper and deeper but Garth is beginning to move his legs and tries to use his free hand to grab the ropes and break the hold. Ramparte notices this and tries to tilt a whirl his body and lock in the other arm but as he tries to Garth catches him in a fireman’s carry. In a split second he nails the Black out! Ramparte is out cold as Garth hooks the leg! 1…..2…..3!

Anderson: And here is your winner, and advancing in the Gold Rush Tournament, Garth Black!

Connor: Wow, what an amazing counter and performance by Garth! He’s going to the semi-finals!

Cohen: ….I’m in pure shock, I can’t believe the guy tries to cheat, gets lucky and wins, and these people eat it all up.

Connor: He had a crisis of conscious but he made the right decision and won the fair way. You have to give it to Ramparte however, he put up one hell of a fight.

Garth is barely able to get to his feet as the ref raises his hand as the crowd cheers on before referees begin to check on Ramparte who begins to stir.

-----------------------------------

The camera nudges open the door to a locker room. Inside, Tony Mancini and Gino are talking...loudly. The bench has been ripped from the ground, and is leaning against the wall. The wastecan sports a dent from being kicked across the room; its contents strewn along the floor.

Tony Mancini: I want that actor's head! I want it on a stick, and I want it done as soon as possible, capisce?

Gino: Look, Tony! I get it! You're mad. This isn't the place for this conversation!

Tony Mancini: The people around here are too busy with their heads up their [censored] to know what the [censored] is going on around here! That Bollywood actor? He thinks he's seen the last of me? Huh? I will not rest until the name Tony Mancini is embedded in that man's worst nightmares. You hear me, Gino?

Gino: I hear you, Tony. I hear you. Calm down. You're getting excited. You know you're not supposed to get your blood pressure up!

Tony gives the wastecan another kick, nearly hitting Gino in the face with it. He throws the bench down, and takes a seat, gulping down a bottle of water before removing his "guinea tee" and wiping the sweat from his head.

Tony Mancini: Okay. Okay, Gino. First, we get through Gold Rush. I win my match there, and right this ship. Then...we set our sights on Veejay. His wife's in the hospital, right? We-

Gino: Hey! You! What are you doing here? Get the [censored] out!

The cameraman backs up as Gino rushes the door. The door slams shut and the cameraman falls backward. Gino and Tony resume their conversation, but their voices are muffled now.

For the final time, we return to the arena, sat waiting, readying themselves for their main event. And then, it hits:

[YOUTUBE]MJVmMA2Bk2A[/YOUTUBE]​

Like red to a bull, the music signals for the fans to unleash their loathing and hatred.

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, this is your main event and it is a triple threat match set for one fall. Introducing first, from Keystone City, Kansas, weighing in at 225 pounds, he is the EurAsian Champion; TITUS AVI-SON!

The former hero of WZCW enters, slowly sauntering to the ring, championship draped over his shoulder. He smiles arrogantly, hoisting his title upwards, defiant of the reaction and totally vainglorious. Picking up his speed as he makes his way to the ring, Titus is careful to avoid fan interaction, moving his shoulders and arms away from any clamouring fans, wanting a piece of the Academy Award winner.

Cohen: This is how a true champion enters CC. With class, with dignity, with the upmost confidence; Titus Avison, what a man! Even if Flex Mussel can drag his sorry self into Gold Rush, he’d hardly survive a basic match with this legend, let alone a Mayhem Rules thrashing like the one Titus is going to be dishing out.

Connor: We’ll see at Gold Rush what’s in store for Titus and the EurAsian title, but tonight he has to face off with, essentially, two other champions of a sort.

Cohen: Though who’s the only one carrying real gold, eh?

Indeed as Titus enters through the ropes, he shows off that gold, proud of it, holding it close, shining it up to catch a glimpse of himself in it. That arrogant smirk once more creeps onto his face. Quickly it is interrupted by the lyrical stylings of…

[YOUTUBE]ZJL4UGSbeFg[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: His opponents, first, from Milan, Italy, she is the Elite Champion; EVE TAY-LOR!

This time there is a hugely mixed response from the crowd. Many cheer but just as many boo. Eve Taylor enters the arena, a foul look etched across her face, no championship round her waist or over her shoulder. That is elsewhere in the possession of another.

Connor: Eve Taylor is a woman on a mission to take back physical possession of her championship from a deranged lunatic in John Doe.

Cohen: The Trinity is no more, but believe you me, that won’t stop John Doe and this personal vendetta he obviously has with the ever beautiful Ms. Taylor. And may I say, even without the gold she is a ravishing sight to behold.

Throwing herself over the top rope, she almost gets in Titus’ face, but the referee steps in to intervene, preventing the two competitors from making contact. Avison lightly chuckles, backing himself into a corner, holding his arms up, pleading innocence all the while taunting her with his title. Then, a third party enters the fray:

[YOUTUBE]Gz2GVlQkn4Q[/YOUTUBE]​

A unanimously positive wave greets the final competitor as he bursts forth onto the stage, golden briefcase glistening in the bright lights and a big, genuine smile stretched over his face.

Anderson: And finally, from Minneapolis, Minnesota, weighing 222 pounds, he is the King for a Day, "The Unforgettable", NO-AH RY-DER!

Placing his briefcase on the stage and rubbing his chin, analysing the task ahead of him, Ryder shrugs his shoulders and sprints to the ring. For the first time Titus appears concerned while Eve relishes an outlet for her frustrations.

Connor: Noah Ryder is coming in all guns a-blazing, looking to take two big scalps here.

Ryder bolts into the ring, Titus shoving Eve at him, and then diving out of the ring immediately afterwards. The referee calls for the bell as Taylor is taken down, forced to withstand an early onslaught from the fan favourite Ryder. He throws lefts and rights as she does her best to cover up. Titus meanwhile takes the opportunity to rest and prepare. He leans on the announce table, championship over his shoulder, not yet ready to enter the mix.

Back inside and Eve has turned the tables on Ryder and now it is she who throws lefts and rights, Noah trying to withstand her assault now. Finally he kicks at her, and with his third strike out, manages to catch her and push her against the ropes. As he sits up though, she comes right back and fires a straight boot into his face. Her simple yet effective brawling strategy persists as she proceeds to stomp over and over into the abdomen and gut of Ryder. He tries to roll toward the ropes, but she still catches him with boots across the shoulder, back and even a glancing blow across the face. Finally though he finds the bottom rope and hugs it, avoiding more potential carnage.

Taking a moment to collect herself, Eve backs off. She allows Ryder to get to his feet and now the pair circles one another. Still Titus is unmoved, stroking his face, plotting and strategising. Taylor and Ryder come together in the centre of the ring, a classic collar-elbow tie-up this time. It is Ryder who gains the advantage first, pushing his adversary’s hands away and gripping her in a quick headlock. Soon her takes her down and whilst both are there, forces her shoulders to the mat. 1…EVE THROWS RYDER OFF! They come together again and again Ryder forces Eve into the headlock. She tries to bounce him off the ropes to get herself free of the basic hold, but Ryder persists, cranking it even tighter.

Throwing a couple of fists into his gut, Eve again looks to find a way out, but Ryder is relentless. He takes her over again but this time quickly releases, backs off, allowing her to sit up before unleashing a straight kick to her elegant features. He forces her down for the cover: 1…2…KICK-OUT! Titus moves ever so slightly from the table, even going so far as to take his title off his shoulder, but he remains in position, at the announce desk. A look of concern quickly falls away into conceitedness once more.

Connor: Uh, Titus, the match is inside the ring. He does know he’s a participant in this, right Jack?

Cohen: Oh of course CC, but this man is a strategist of the finest order. He’s thinking two or three steps ahead of his adversaries, that’s why he’s sat out here scouting them, seeing what they do next, while they tear each other to pieces inside the ring. Incredible really.

With Titus still waiting in the wings, Eve rubs her face whilst getting to one knee. She leaves herself exposed with Noah coming toward her, executing a swinging neckbreaker. Again he forces her over and covers. 1…2…KICK-OUT! Right as she powers out, he clamps down around her throat and neck, locking her in for a chinlock. She is quick to wrap her legs around the bottom rope and the referee tells Ryder to break. After a few moments, Noah obliges and backs off. Eve grabs the middle rope and begins hoisting herself up, but Ryder comes roaring at her, seeking to grab her for a sleeper hold. This time though she is ready and drops down to her back. Surprised, Noah looks down, greeted by two straight boots to his face. He collapses to the side, holding his face while she rolls backward and straight onto her two feet. Titus applauds.

Taking no notice of the third man in the match, Taylor now takes her chance to go on offence. Ryder crawls toward the corner for safety, but Eve is right there with him, spinning her opponent round so he faces her and unleashing a knife edge chop. Its sound echoes in the arena before Eve resets Ryder for a second and then the hat trick. She follows up by placing her boot firmly into his neck, putting pressure on his Adams apple and larynx, depriving him of air and making things generally uncomfortable.

He gasps, trying desperately to move her boot and free up is airways, but Taylor has the leverage and thus the advantage. The referee warns her, but under triple threat rules cannot count her out for a disqualification and she knows it, exploiting it, keeping it locked on, enjoying watching as air fails to reach a dryly gasping Noah Ryder. Suddenly, like Harry Lime, the third man appears. Titus swoops in and executes a reverse DDT on Taylor! As Ryder slumps down in the corner, the EurAsian Champion looks for a quick win: 1…2…KICK-OUT!

Connor: I have to say, Titus picked his moment perfectly there, just as it appeared Eve had this match in her control, he came in and nearly stole a fast one.

Cohen: That’s what I’ve been telling you, the man’s a bonafide genius.

The supposed genius though isn’t overly happy and shoots a dirty look the referee’s way before grabbing the long locks of his female adversary and throwing straight closed fists her way. Eventually when this no longer satisfies him, he palms her down and tries to rub her face repeatedly into the mat, that sickening smile again crawling back onto his features. Titus though forgets about the other factor in this match and Noah Ryder catches the former Red Mask with a straight boot of his own across the side of his head. Avison rolls away, trying to create distance, but Noah is in pursuit, bringing Titus up. The veteran though pops off a European uppercut to startle Ryder who stumbles back into a quick schoolboy from Taylor! 1…2…TITUS SLAPS ON THE ANKLE LOCK!

Cohen: There it is! The canniness of Titus Avison – he knows about Eve’s ankles, her great weakness and he has her scouted oh so well. This is the end!

Dragging Eve away, Titus now has his trademark submission firmly on the Elite Champion. He applies great torque and pressure but she shakes her head. He grits his teeth with anticipation as she does the same, but in her case it is agony. Things looks bleak for the Milanese model before Noah Ryder pops back into the action with a sudden springboard back elbow! He catches Titus just on the cheekbone, sending him careening away from the action. As Eve grabs her obviously weakened limb and joint, Ryder is faced with a choice. Does he pick the weakened Taylor or the downed Avison. He looks left, then right and an idea creeps into his brain just as a grin comes across his face.

First, he points at Eve. A distinctly average response from the crowd follows. Then he points at Titus. The crowd roars with delight. Again he points at Eve, this time there is booing. Now Titus again. They roar louder with even more want and expectation. Noah nods frantically and pursues the now rising EurAsian Champ.

Connor: The people have spoken!

Cohen: No!

Before he can fully get to his feet though, Titus is flung overhead with a snap suplex. Ryder though doesn’t relinquish his possession of the Keystone native’s neck and head, instead bringing him up and steadying him, before backing him off and delivering the sling blade! He goes for the cover: 1…2…KICK-OUT! Ryder though is firmly in control and he takes it upon himself to bring Titus up once more This time he goes behind and hoists Titus up, spins him and plants him dead centre of the ring with a blue thunder bomb! Surely this time?!? 1…2…EVE BREAKS IT UP! Throwing herself at the pinning combination Taylor just saves the match.

Now all three competitors are down. Titus manages to move away from his adversaries, rolling out beyond the ring, to the outside. Eve staggers upwards, limping on her weakened ankle. Ryder too tries to get to his feet. Then he throws a wild blow her way, drawing a cheer from the crowd. Then she retorts. A mixed reaction. He replies with the same and again she responds in kind. Now they go back and forth the crowd mostly behind Noah. With the slight edge though, he begins to take advantage, mixing it up with chops and fists to the face. Soon he is in a frenzy. Suddenly, Eve catches him with a nasty slap! It is so violent it sends Ryder flying backward into the ropes, but he comes flying out with the pendulum clothesline, sending Taylor inside out.

Connor: Momentum is well and truly with Noah now.

Without missing a beat, Ryder bends over to peel Eve from the canvas and locks her head in position for what appears to be the Black Out! But unbeknownst to Noah, the apron is occupied by Titus Avison who leaps to the top rope, springboards in and comes clattering down to deliver an exquisite bulldog! All three competitors are felled now. After a moment to recover, the crowd begins to clap slowly, ever so slowly, before picking up steam, trying to revive the warriors in this match. Soon they are in a distinct rhythm. First Titus begins to climb upwards, then Ryder and finally Eve. All three drag their weary selves up and we have ourselves a Mexican standoff. The crowd roars with expectancy.

Connor: I hope you can hear this at home! It is thunderous here!

The three opponents size each other up, slowly circling, Eve limping all the while. Then, as things appear to be headed for some sort of violent conclusion, Titus drops and rolls to the outside, making his way to the announce desk. There he grabs his championship and proceeds to make his exit, around the ring and then up the ramp. Those in attendance make their feelings clear on the situation to Mr. Avison.

Connor: Is…is Titus leaving?

Cohen: Why not? What does he have to gain? He needs to be in prime and ready condition to lay a beating on Flex Mussel. This match isn’t doing him any favours.

As fans heckle and jeer the Hall of Famer, Taylor and Ryder turn their anticipation to one another. Noah shrugs his shoulders, nothing to lose, and the two throw themselves at each another, throwing fists, forearms, knees, feet, whatever they can strike with at their opponent. As Eve appears to be gaining the advantage, Ryder pushes her away and off the ropes, but she comes back, launching herself at him with the Thesz press. She lays in some stiff fists before popping up and laying in with stomps just as she did at the start of the contest, ultimately nailing the Stiletto Stomp – a double stomp to the midsection of Noah. She limps away, but less so than before. She has that adrenaline pumping now and she prepares herself for something big, allowing the King for a Day to get to his feet.

Climbing to one knee, Noah leaves his upper body exposed and so Eve comes at him with a spinning heel kick, flattening him. She lets out a scream, indicating that she’s finished with this and signals for the end. She comes toward him desperate for the killing blow when suddenly Noah catches her with the inside cradle! 1…2…KICK-OUT! At two and three quarters, Eve is able to fire her way out. Furious now, Taylor grabs a rising Noah and drops him onto her feet, face first, with the Fashion Statement! He is all but uncurious it seems. She rolls him up for the cover, hooking both legs: 1…2…3!

Anderson: Your winner of this match, the Elite Champion, EVE TAY-LOR!

Connor: Excellent win for the Elite Champion here tonight as she roles toward her title defense against John Doe at Gold Rush.

Arm raised in victory, Eve is clearly only moderately satisfied with her win. She forcefully yanks her arm away from the referee, getting to her feet. Then, the lights die and her music cuts. The tron bursts to life: a figure hides in the shadows of a dank and dreary local. Their face is hidden amongst the shadows but their presence is felt with the Elite Championship extended outwards held into the light, swung from side to side slowly, securely, mesmerically, like a pendulum from the pit.

???: Tick, tock Eve. Tick, tock. On the hour your time is up and Cinderella will be no more. In her place will be a monster, exposed. Tick, tock. That’s what I want, what I need, the vile and loathing surfacing, breathing, suffering. Tick. Tock. The clock strikes twelve. Midnight is upon us and you face me just as you face yourself. You face me and you try to take that which is most precious to you back. I face you and I expose what really hides under that pretty little exterior. Face me and I’ll take it all from you. Your gold and your beauty.

The figure emerges from the shadows, revealing John Doe. He is masked up, his face still unseen to us and the mystery of his true self still hidden. We can make out the faintest of sinister smiles streaking across his face though as he brings his opposite hand upwards to engulf the camera and end the broadcast.

Taylor vs Titus vs Ryder- Funkay
Mancini vs Veejay - Dave
El Caidos vs Keaton - Dave
Daggershield vs Logan vs Hunnicutt - NSL
Ramparte vs Black - Killjoy

Rep and credit to the writers. Boards will follow for the PPV momentarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back