• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS9 - Austin Reynolds vs. Frankie Smith (Elite X Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
AS95.jpg

Frankie Smith got the biggest victory in his WZCW career by defeating Carmen Bratchny. However, it wasn't enough and he demanded that he defends his title this week on Ascension. Vance Bateman granted his wish by giving newcomer Austin Reynolds that title shot. How will Frankie's first Elite X title defence fare against the WZCW's newest aquisition?

Deadline is Tuesday 5th January 2010 23:59 EST

Three days before the Ascension 8 taping:

“How much?" *A pause.* “I’ll lay this out really simple. Austin Reynolds is worth treble that. Shove your offer.”

Dominic Kay slams down his phone and swears loudly, something about incompetent fools not knowing a good thing when they see it. His coarse Glaswegian accent only seems it more x-rated than it actually is. Either way, it is certainly too foul to be broadcast before the watershed. He takes a seat at the desk in the corner of his penthouse suite as the sun flows in to this left.

“Sometimes I hate this business.” He takes his drink to his lips and mid-sip, Austin Reynolds strides in with wide aviator glasses on the tip of his nose. His posture betrays a natural confidence that fills the room.

“So how is my favourite manager?”

“Tired of dealing with dumbass companies trying to get you a great deal.” Dominic sounds bitter but Austin knows him too well.

“Aww, diddums. You want a bigger cut?”

“Shut up” Austin chuckles at the ribbing at his best friends expense.

“So why did you call me so urgently?”

“Don’t ask like I interrupted anything. Besides, I got this in the post.”

Dominic hands Austin a white envelope with a red and black logo on it. Austin looks at it for a second before taking the document out. He removes his sunglasses to read the document.

“That’s my basic?”

“Yup. Keep reading. It gets better.” Dominic could see Austin’s eyes light up as his eyes darted across the pages.

“They want me at Ascension this week to meet with Vance Bateman?” Austin takes the glasses from his nose and puts them atop his forehead.”Dayum! Where do I sign?”

“Slow down champ. You don’t want to think about this?”

“Nope. They clearly have huge plans for me. I’m going to be a huge star and send ratings through the roof. I’ll make buckets of money for us and them!”

Dominic throws him a shiny cartridge pen. “Back page.” Austin catches the pen and signs the dotted lines.

“I’ll get this back to Batemans’ people. Get ready to go the States in a couple of days.”

“I was born ready Dom. The missus on the other hand....”

“Where is she this week?” He knows that Hayley is many things to Austin, but her impetuous nature to shop at all opportunities is something that grinds on him a little.

“Brighton I think. A chicks day out. I could care less.”

“Shopping? What a surprise.” They both share a laugh as they both know that is all too true.

“I know. I’ll ring her now to tell her she has to get packed. That will take 24 hours by the time she figures all that out.”

Austin and Dominic do that weird guy-gesture where they just nod at each other. There is a lot of respect there but both of them are too proud to even shake hands let alone hug. And neither of them would ever be seen doing anything “gangsta” like a fist pump. There was a lot of upkeep put into the image of The Ratings Winner and Dominic as the agent knew that more than anyone. Under his friendship, Austin had blossomed into quite the performer and the WZCW opportunity was his chance at the big time.

Austin stepped out of Dom’s office and walked to the elevator. His heart raced just at the thought of heading to a place like WZCW. His head told him there has to be ulterior motives behind the meeting with Vance Bateman but he didn’t want to think about that. His mind had a million and one thoughts and questions but beyond all, he knew the opportunity was there to be snatched at.

After the show:

We see Austin Reynolds walk out of Vance Batemans office an hour after the Ascension GM had made the decision to pit him, a debutant, against the Elite X Champion, Frankie Smith at the next show. As Austin headed towards the exit of the building, he wanted to allow his thoughts to pass at this fresh, adrenaline-fuelled opportunity and the potential reward at the end of it.

He steps out the building through the closest fire exit. It was an undignified surrounding for someone who professed to be the WZCW’s next big star but nevertheless it felt right for him. With a beaming smile, he turns to address the camera as he walks out of the shadows cast by the steep sided building.

“The Elite X champ is generally going to be acknowledged by his peers as one for the future. Someone earmarked for greatness.”

“Frankie Smith, when I look in the mirror. I see greatness. But with you, I just don’t see anything but a hip hop hippo with an Irish accent and an inability to deal with complex emotions. How is that going to win a ratings war?”

This was a demonstration of Austin’s confidence. If he was worried about Frankie Smith, he refused to show it. He sits down in the bright sunshine that was filling this cold winters day.

“Boring name, boring champ. I bet you thought you would get lucky and not defend this title before Kingdom Come? Who did you beat to get this shot? I’ll tell you....a steroid-ridden patriot, a reality TV star and someone who felt so compelled to keep his identity secret, that he hid under a mask. And you think a win over the fake Russian means anything to me?”

“You are asking yourself how I know this aren’t you? Well I know it because I’ve got it on first hand authority from Vance Bateman himself that they are the lowest rated matches in recent history. More people are turned off by you than anyone else in the company. That’s just plain embarrassing.”

Austin knew these scathing comments would hit hard and true. He speaks with a brash, cutting attitude and he knew with each and every sentence, he would be expected to back it up in the ring. And his in ring ability was never ever in question.

“Your best work is equal to my worst. I’m thrilling in my sleep. You manage to send millions to dream street. Every week, people hear your name and put the kettle on or worse, they change the channel. Do you know how bad you are for ratings? And can you blame the WZCW bookers for wanting to me to make my debut on Ascension to boost the ratings of a flagging division.”

He shrugs his shoulders and smiles broadly. He stands up and looks around at these quiet surroundings, which are totally out of character for him. However in the adrenaline of the moment, he was excited and positive.

“Can you imagine that they had any choice but to make this a title match? I aim to revive the credibility of this Elite X championship, which I know used to held in the same aura of respect as the World title. The Elite X title is flagging and it needs to be held up again. It needs to be raised high before you bury it in the same way that Milenko did to the Mayhem belt.”

Yes, Austin knew of Milenko, a legendarily bad stain on the history of WZCW, which was fast emerging into a brilliant place to work. Being compared to Milenko could not be a good thing.

Austin was typically full of bravado. The fact that he had been handed this opportunity so soon would do nothing but good for his famous ego.

“I am coming to make Ascension the great show it needs to be. And the Elite X title is going to held someone who will make it the talk of the industry and live up to all the hype. Millions will tune in to see Frankie Smith displaced at the top of the Elite X League by the Thrilling Ratings Winner, Austin Reynolds.”

“I turn people on; deal with it.”

Austin turns to leave and as he does, his phone rings.

“Hey....just leaving now......You won’t believe what’s going to happen.....I’m going to be a huge star!”

Frankie is sitting in his dressing room after Ascension, just after getting changed.

Frankie: Austin Reynolds, eh? Challenging me. Please.

Anto hurries in.

Anto: I just heard that you have a title defence next week, against some guy named Justin Reynolds. What the hell? Since when. You were told-

Frankie cuts him off.

Relax. Don't have a heart attack, it's merely a formality. All I have to do is turn up. I asked for a defence, and he was given to me. Disgraceful. He thinks he's all that, well, I never had time for people like him. He's a cocky little fucker, and I don't have time for cocky litttle fuckers. Never have, never will.

Anger starts to come across his previously calm face.

You need to get something straight. You're nothing special. You come here and think that you can demand anything anything you want. It doesn't work like that. When I debuted, after busting my ass in a battle royale to get a contract, I lost. But I accepted, because I couldn't afford not to. Two pay per views went by without me getting a match, I had to learn that you need to work hard to get anywhere in this business. And look at me now.

He points to the elite X title draped over his shoulder.

I never demanded anything, but when I was given it, I knew I deserved it, like my title. I had to climb a ladder, step by step, rung by rung, to get to the top, to achieve success. And I'm not going to be any of your rungs Austin, I'm not going to help you. I'm going to push the ladder out from under you.

He smirks.

And then I'm going to smash your head in with it, untill all that's left is a bloody pulp, who finally knows his god damn place in this business. And that's at the bottom, as my foot rest.

Now, I asked for this defence, and to my surprise, I was given a nobody. How does that help me gain my status as te best champion in WZCW. I don't want to just win against some average Joe, I want to beat the best. Carmen fell to me, so what makes you think you can beat me Austin. You're blinded by your own vanity. And I'll take advantage of that. Trust me, I will be leaving with the gold, and you will be leaving with a lesson.

And what's that lesson Anto?

To not ask for title shots?

Frankie looks furious, stands up and hits the bottle of water standing up beside him.

To respect your superiors!

TO KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING STAND!

And you're going to learn that lesson the hard way, the only way I know how to teach. Brutally. Violently.

Anto's quiet as Frankie starts to calm down. A knock is heard on the door.

Who is it?

You have visitors Frankie?

Come in.

A woman working backstage brings in two young boys, one around 6 and one around 9.

These boys wanted to see you. This is Sam, he's 6, and Damien is 10. They're from Dublin aswell, and wanted to meet you with their backstage passes.

The two boys looked like a mixture of nervous and excited.

As you can see, they're a bit nervous.

They are meeting a celebrity.

So lads, you're Irish aswell. Am I your favourite wrestler then?

Damien: Yeah, you've been my favourite since you debuted in Ireland, even before WZCW.

Sam: I prefer Blade.

You little pr-

Anto stops him before he can scare the child any more.

So, Do you want my autograph?

They both nod, and he signs "Do chara, Frankie Smith" on each of their books, meaning "your friend" in Irish.

Keep those, because they'll be worth loads when I'm world champion. Trust me.

Now, run along. I have to prepare to defend my title against Austin Reynolds at Ascension.

Who's Austin Reynolds?

Exactly.

Exeunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member