As pro wrestling become too formulaïc

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
I've started to follow non wwe wrestling for a little while now, mostly because of all the talk surrounding AEW and the one thing i've got from watching AEW, ROH, NJPW and even NXT is that matches seem to have become way to overbooked for their own good and they all seem to use the same formula.

You either have your big indy comedy matches that piss off a certains part of your audience while cathering to the other section of it or you have the way overbooked matches that the IWC and the meltzer's of the world loved but in the end make no sense because of the lack of selling.

In the end i feel like that a lot of the new generation of wrestlers don't know how to tell a good story or how to use psychology to create a good match and would rather focus on the in ring aspect of the matches which is why so many of them aren't major draw like shawn micheals, daniel bryan or ric flair were and still are.

They use a formula that work to attract a certain audience and make them look cool instead of creating a formula that will get them a wider audience. That's why so many company are failling right now because they use a tired formula and at some point that audience will just pick and choose what they want to watch. You look at IMPACT and ROH, both were the hottest product at some point and now they can't attract fans to save their life. NJPW continue to attract fans in the u.s, but it's not as hot as it once was, NXT is having trouble selling out arena's for their takeover events because fans realize that it's the same formula for every event and i'm certain that at some point, AEW will suffer the same fate unless they adapt and change the formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back