Artist who gives the most back to their fans?

Thom

Hello there!
I just finished watching B.o.B's free concert over U-Stream and it got me thinking about how, after all the money that people put into the music industry, how some people try to give a lot back to the fans-this tonight was an example of B.o.B doing this. It was great, especially for the people in attendence, they got a fantastic show for nothing-I'm sure he was doing it to give something back to his hometown fans. This isn't just it though, he does plenty of other stuff, but it's not necessary to this thread to get into it.

Who would you say gives the most back to their fans, current or past? This isn't a competition about what they have done for fans, just your opinion of a musician who you feel really cares about their fans.

I would say right now KISS is giving back to their fans in a major way. They are aware of the tough economic times for people and supporting veterans in a big way. There was a radio interview on my local radio station with Gene Simmons, and they were advertising that if you brought so much in canned food, and 4 kids, the kids get in for free. (I think that's what I recall.) That all the canned food, or even any monetary donations were being donated to the Injured/Disabled Veterans Foundation (Sorry...couldn't remember the name of the organization.) But that is a very good move to get people to go out and to support a good cause.

Depends on what you mean by giving back. I agree that Kiss' offering was great, and Bobby rays concert showing is cool. But one that comes to my mind over MANY people, is Trent Reznor. Yes, I dig the idea of giving away free casting of Concerts and how people try and get food for homeless and such, but as a MUSIC fan, its not their responsiblity to Bono everything.

Trent reznor,is a music artist, always has been, always will be. And with his music, over the past few years he's given away gigabyte after gigabyte of free music and concert footage.

His last few albums have been given away with the option of donations. THAT is an artist, one who just wants to be heard and seen, not about money. He had on his site 400gb of concert footage that he just gave away. No membership needed, just download it.

He gave away instrumentals for free so fans could remix them. An for instrumental collectors like myself, That was a godsend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back