Armageddon: MVP vs. Rey Mysterio

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

United States Championship Match
(c) MVP vs Rey Mysterio

Respect. That’s what it boils down to between Rey Mysterio and Montel Vontavious Porter. Respect is precisely what Mysterio intends to teach SmackDown’s Franchise Playa at Armageddon, and if that means also taking away MVP’s United States Championship, then all the better.

“MVP is nothing but a punk,” Mysterio told WWE.com, reiterating the very statement he made known to SmackDown’s Ballin’ Superstar during a ceremony where he’d been awarded some “most valuable bling” – a 101-karat championship ring to celebrate his reign as U.S. Champion. When MVP started reminding everyone for the umpteenth time that he was better than everyone else – especially former co-WWE Tag Team Champion Matt Hardy, whom he sidelined indefinitely after turning against him and brutally assaulting his knee – SmackDown’s “Biggest Little Man” called out the champion to prove it in a match against him that night. Unfortunately, MVP would display no respect for his ring opponent; instead of beating Mysterio fair and square, he used the top rope to steal a cheap victory.

The Master of the 619 would get some payback in SmackDown tag action the following week, however, when he and Kane defeated MVP and Kane’s ongoing rival of late, ECW’s Big Daddy V. In fact, after Mysterio registered the victory with a pinfall over the Ballin’ Superstar, Theodore Long decided that the two Superstars should meet one-on-one at Armageddon – with the United States Title on the line.

“MVP is talented; since he joined SmackDown a little over a year ago, he’s captured two championships,” Mysterio told WWE.com shortly after the match was announced. “But that’s why he’s such a punk. I know you have to believe that you’re the best any time you step inside the ring. But MVP treats our fans, treats everybody in this business, like they’re beneath him.

“What he did to Matt Hardy a few weeks ago was gutless,” he added. “He knew Matt was a big threat to his U.S. Title, but instead of facing him like a man, he took out his knee and put him on the shelf. MVP doesn’t care, but I know better than anybody what it’s like to have a knee injury force you out of action.”

As if the Franchise Playa’s shameful treatment of his former tag partner wasn’t bad enough, consider the heinous actions toward his “VIP Lounge” guest less than an hour after Long officially announced Armageddon’s U.S. Title contest. MVP would verbally berate, then blindside one-time Fabulous Freebird Michael “P.S.” Hayes, laying out the retired ring great with a devastating Playmaker. Again, Mysterio took matters into his own hands, charging to the ring and decimating the VIP Lounge as he pummeled away at the U.S. Champion. MVP might not have learned any respect that night, but from the speed with which he bolted out of his Lounge, he was certainly introduced to the concept.

“It makes me sick when a guy like MVP becomes a huge Superstar and forgets where he came from,” Mysterio said after the incident. “It wasn’t too long ago when he was a developing talent who asked guys like Michael Hayes to help him catch his big break. Now that he’s gotten it, he’s in a position to help others make the most of their dreams. Instead, he just holds them down and disrespects the people who have helped him, just so he can keep the spotlight on himself.

“That spotlight’s going to be on again at Armageddon, MVP,” Mysterio promised. “But it’s going to be shining on me, when I teach you about respect as your new United States Champion.”

This could be a great match. MVP should win though, i think the belt will stay with him until mania so he can go against Matt Hardy.

mAN why cant wwe just let way compete for the cruserweight title for a bit. he doesn't suit anything else except maybe tag team titles. this is gonna be a another obvious match just like punk and kane vs bdv and henry and also the triple threat match. mvp will come out on top he is only gonna loose the title to matt hardy

This match has the potential to be the best match on the card. MVP is a very solid technical wrestler and combined with reys high flying antics could steal the show. I see him retaining here it looks like to me there just using rey till matt can feud for the title.

Can't wait for this. Rey can't go like he used too. But this should still be an awesome match. I love MVP but I still have my doubts as to weather he's a good wrestler. Before his feud with Benoit I wasn't impressed. Since then he's feuded with Hardy & now Rey. All pretty talented. I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a big dissapointment.

This should be a damn good matchup IMO. MVP has proven he can hang with the big boys, and Mysterio is a pretty big name. Most people despise Mysterio, and I simply don't understand it. He doesn't do what he used to anymore, but add 12 years to your life and see if your able to do everything that a 21 year old Rey Mysterio did. mysterio has enough left in him to make this one helluva match. I can't see Mysterio taking the title just yet, maybe next month.

See I want to see him take it this month. For just a short reign. Then drop it back to MVP at The Rumble. Hardys lay off couldn't have come at a better time. When he returns it will be near Mania. There has been enough build for that match, and enough people want to see it that it will be a proper Mania match. With a proper Mania finish. Rey & MVP just need something to do for a few months until Hardy is back.

There going to make rey lose only because they want Matt hardy to get the title instead of rey getting it because Matt has been contender for it more than rey has and MVP and Matt have some unfinished business with each other since they lost the tag team titles to john morison and the miz and when they lost them MVP went crazy he started beating up Matt with the ring as his weapon and that caused Matt Hardy's leg injury to get worse and worse and finally its so escalated that Matt wont be facing MVP for a while so there just stalling with rey

This will be the 2nd best match of the night with Y2J and Orton's match being the best IMO. I don't think this match will carry on for very long because MVP will cheat to win or get himself DQ'd when Rey builds momentum to retain the U.S. title. I also think that Matt Hardy will be the one to take the U.S. title off of MVP because it will be the best way to end their feud when he gets back, probably on an episode of SmackDown.

this should be a good match but i think and i want rey mysterio to win iam sick of mvp he has had the united states championship since he defeated Chris Benoit and no one has challenged him yet but there is chance that rey will win if not Matt hardy will beet him because of there feud .

THERES GOING TO BE A NEW UNITED STATES CHAMPION TONITE ON THE PPV AND HIS NAME IS REY MYSTERIO REY GONNA TEACH MVP CRAP HEAD A ITTE ABOUT RESPECT TONITE CAUSE MVP NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO RESPECT EVERYONE AND HE IS NOT BETTER THEN ANYONE ELSE THERES BETTER WRESTLERS THEN MVP HIS WRESTING CLOTHES LOOKS IKE POWER RANGERS CLOTHES HES A DORN I THINK HIS BRAIDS :lol2: ,
SOMEONE NEEDS TO GO AND DO THE SAME TO HIM AS HE DID TO MATT HARDY , AND THE HEART ATTACK WAS A FAKE CAUSE MY DAD HAD A REAL ONE AND IT TOOK HIM OVER A YEAR TO RECOVER ,

:hogan:

I am a big Rey and Mvp fan. This should be a great match.

The idea of Rey winning is marketable, It'll add another title to his resume. A title that is just under the top title, but a meaningful title and, with MVP putting importance back to it, Rey could give it even more.

The idea of MVP retaining is great too. Hes entertaining, charismatic and even a hell of a technical wrestler (I give Benoit the credit for opening him up) He give presitge to the title and makes me feel that its the title to vie for. Kinda like Jeff does for the IC title.

I don't see why they didn't have Mysterio lose. He lost last month and it didn't hurt him. This is what pisses me off about WWE. They promote a match where the outcome wont really effect anybody. A loss wouldn't hurt either man. It would help MVP if he defeated Rey. But if Rey won then MVP would stay in a similar position. It's not like he would be losing to somebody who's beneath him. Like Punk getting pinned by Viscera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back