• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you guys embarrassed to show your wrestling pride outside

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
I have been watching wrestling since i was 2-3 years old, im 14 now. My brothers were the one`s that watched it and i used to just lie down on the floor and watch, and i was so into it i remember my arm used to always fall a sleep. so i have a been a fan all my life so far and love the wrestling world. but outside in the real world, i hide the fact that i`m a wrestling geek. im embarrassed to say that im a wrestling fan because of it being ''fake''. I only have 1 friends that watches wrestling every week like i do and thats what makes us close to each other, we both love wrestling. And we both want to at least ''try'' to become wrestlers. we play wrestling all the time on grass, he does the lift up moves, i do the high flying/submission moves like standing moonsaults.
but thats not the point, the point is when ever someone ask's me do u still watch wrestling i lie, and tell them no or i used to.

so what im asking you is....do you keep your wrestling pride a secret?

No. When I was young, like six or seven or so, I used to do nothing but talk about wrestling. In my class nobody liked wrestling, by the end of third class; was about eight or nine I remember every guy in the class watching it. This was back when The Rock was leaving, Lesnar was dominating, Shawn Michaels had returned and all that. Then as I grew older, they stopped watching it but a few of us have continued.

People know I watch wrestling. I posted The Rock's return on my Facebook page as a video and got likes from people I barely know, posted CM Punk's worked promo and the same thing happened; most people like to let on they dislike wrestling but something I've noticed is that when most watch it, they do find it somewhat entertaining.

I don't care if people know I watch it. They know I've gone to America to watch PPV events, they know I've taken pictures with Bret Hart, Sabu, Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson; because they are on my Facebook page. It is just one of those things some people believe, that if you say you watch wrestling you'll be thought of differently. It isn't true, and if it is then whoever judges you probably watches it themselves and is trying to hide their hobbies too.

I started watching wrestling as an 8 year old when my cousin showed it to my brother and I. I really did not know anyone that watched it at the time however that changed later on. Today I am the only person I know in real life that watches wrestling other than my bro who is slowly turning away fromit.

Am I afraid to show my pride? Hell no, whenever I wear a T-shirt with anything WWE or TNA on it no one insults me or anything. However I think that is simply because they do not know who or what the shirt represents. I shard my wrestling pride with a couple of people but to no response since they do not watch it. People who would annoy you for watching wrestling are probably just hiding another embarrising hobby that they think they have.

i've been watching wrestling for as long as i can remember and i wouldnt say im embarrased to be a fan. Hardly any of my friends watch wrestling so i have no need to be a wrestling fan outside of my own home but people do know i watch it. If i want to talk about it then i have to come here.

And i would wear a wrestling t shirt if A. They werent so damn over priced. B. They actually had some cool designs. The only wrestling shirt i have bought in the last 10 years is CM Punks best in the world.

I'm not ashamed. Thankfully, the WWE is turning their reputation around and aren't seen as trash TV anymore like in the tude era so people I hang out with (college kids or college grades, not white trash) actually appreciate it somewhat now.

I'd honestly be more ashamed to wear one of those fuck ugly affliction shirts. An affliction shirt says your an MMA fan and a douche, a pro wrestling shirt just says your a pro wrestling fan (most of whom just like to have a good time).

There was a point in time that I was embarrassed to show my love for wrestling, but ofcourse now I've matured and I realized that I don't give a flying fuck if someone doesn't like that. In grade school every boy loved wrestling, everyone loved The Rock and Stone Cold and wrestling was the shit. Then middle school rolled around and everyone faded out of watching wrestling aside from me and I felt that I should keep it to myself, which I did for about two years. Then my last year of middle school I realized that WWE was a huge part of my life and I was going ot express my love for it and show off my knowledge and wrestling shirts and whatever else I could because I love it and if someone didn't like it they could kiss my ass.

I have pride in watching wrestling and I really don't have a problem with people knowing I enjoy wrestling.My whole life has been about wrestling cause my grandma also loved wrestling and I watch with it with her.She made me a wrestling fanatic and I love to tell people no matter what they tell me.

What is there to be embarassed about? It's not fake it's scripted, everyone loves movies so what the fuck is the issue with wrestling? It's live!

That should say it all.

I have never been ashamed of loving wrestling and it's really the best thing there is. Better than any real sport, you get your money's worth

I'm not embarrassed to admit it, but I don't go around talking about it. Not because I'm ashamed. It's really all my friends who were into it now don't follow it at all. I got nobody to talk about it with. So that's why I visit this forum.

I got a Punk's hardcore shirt which I use to wear around quite frequently. It's a bit worn out and dirty now so it's more a casual around the house shirt rather than going out in public one now. I have been thinking of getting the new Punk shirt though.

When people ask me "why do you watch that? it's fake". I say it's the same reason I watch a lot of movies. I enjoy the story and the action. I like to see how events play out and characters develop. Every time I've said that they pause for a moment and say "yea... I guess that makes sense" and then they drop it.

Its a sensitive issue.. im not too ashamed of wrestling but it does hurt that we havent been on ESPN since the AWA probably paid them for their hour. I hate how when Lesnar's accolades were mentioned against his opponent it only listed him as the NCAA 2000 National Wrestling Champion even though his UFC buzz was WWE fueled. I wish the matches werent scripted, i wish it was like in the '70s were wrestlers could take on boxers and we could all still front about if it was legit or not. As an overal fan of combat sports Wrestling is the black sheep.

Socially im willing to check ur ass real quick on talkin shit u dnt kno about in regards to wrestling but it gets tiresome.
I had a hot girl over one nite and I turned on RAW AM and she was like "omg really" and that really made me feel bad about being a fAn..

No and the reasons that I'm not in any way embarassed to show my wrestling pride is that I'm proud of and comfortable with myself, I have a great friend who also loves Pro Wrestling and Pro Wrestling may not be "real" but it's great.

My friends always complain that I talk about wrestling way too much. Simply put, I just shut up. Yes, I hate that people have to remind me every time I ring up the subject that's it's fake but I enjoy watching it. And seriously, for me the whole "Oh wrestling sucks because it's so fake they don't even hit each other" crap sounds all too familiar with me.

My brother and I used to watch wrestling together but then he drifted away from it so I did too. But I remember when Goldust first showed up- and how I hid behind the couch every time he came on. And now I'm back into it and well, being me I never have a good subject to talk about.

Music- Everyone hates country, and MCR sucks (well, not for one friend)

Life- complaints of ME complaining too much

Sports- complaints of talking about the Pirates too much (rarely used topic)

Wrestling- "It's fake" repeated serveral times in the conversation.

But I still wear my RKO hoodie to school almost every day which is cool. And you know something?

I've heard all of this crap before.

I don't let people making fun of wrestling stop me from being a fan, I'm a fan and I'm proud of it. I learned to hld my head high for an unrespectable fan base setting a long time ago. "Pirates suck" and "Wresting's fake" just don't bother me anymore. I come back with "I know, and your point?" Anyone tries to make me feel bad about it- well it used to work- but now I just blow it off and look at my pictures of Justin Gabriel on my phone.

Not a nerd yet, but getting there. XD

So to answer your question, hell no. If I can be a Pirate fan for an entire 15 years and take the full seving of crap that comes with it I can take Po Wrestling and it's haters full on. TORO!!

Not at all. I have remained a fan for over two decades. When it suddenly became cool during the Attitude Era, I liked that I could talk to a ton of my classmates about one of my favorite hobbies, although they seemed to only care about Stone Cold, The Rock, and the nWo; whereas I liked a good number of people in both federations. Then of course they all left when interest in the product died down. I remained a fan and the groups of people who thought it was "stupid" kept getting larger. I like what I like, and if people cannot accept that then they have no business trying to be my friend.

Anyone that I am close to knows that I am a lifelong WWE fanboy and always will be. I'm not ashamed to admit it because it's been a part of my life for so long. If they don't like it, too bad. I often counter wrestling insults with something along the lines of "Well, you don't see me sitting there calling things YOU like 'stupid' so either shut up and accept the fact that I happen to like wrestling, or go find someone else to talk to." Be proud of what you like, guys. We can generate more interest by trying to bring in more fans instead of hiding our fandom. Who cares if someone thinks it's stupid, the important thing is that WE enjoy something that WE like. Don't be afraid to show it.

Not at all, but I will admit, if I had a penny for everytime somebody said to me, "You know it's fake right?", I would never have to work.....here is a conversation from a week ago, I was watching Punk Vs Cena from MITB earlier this year...a buddy stopped by..

....."You know that's fake right?"
Yup....
..."I don't know how you can watch that fake crap"
What are your two fave movies?
..."You know the answer to that, Die Hard and Halloween"
....You know they are fake right? You know John McClane is a fictitious character right? And the words out of his mouth were written by a screen writter, you know that right? And he wasn't trapped in a sky scrapper, you know they were just soundstages right? And you know Michael Myers isn't real don't you? he was thought up in the brillant mind of John Carpenter. And there was no small child killing his sister, and then returning on Halloween to hunt down and kill his older sister? You know that right? I don't know how you watch that fake crap"

And that was the end of the discussion :)

Not at all. I have remained a fan for over two decades. When it suddenly became cool during the Attitude Era, I liked that I could talk to a ton of my classmates about one of my favorite hobbies, although they seemed to only care about Stone Cold, The Rock, and the nWo; whereas I liked a good number of people in both federations. Then of course they all left when interest in the product died down. I remained a fan and the groups of people who thought it was "stupid" kept getting larger. I like what I like, and if people cannot accept that then they have no business trying to be my friend.

Anyone that I am close to knows that I am a lifelong WWE fanboy and always will be. I'm not ashamed to admit it because it's been a part of my life for so long. If they don't like it, too bad. I often counter wrestling insults with something along the lines of "Well, you don't see me sitting there calling things YOU like 'stupid' so either shut up and accept the fact that I happen to like wrestling, or go find someone else to talk to." Be proud of what you like, guys. We can generate more interest by trying to bring in more fans instead of hiding our fandom. Who cares if someone thinks it's stupid, the important thing is that WE enjoy something that WE like. Don't be afraid to show it.

I couldn't agree more. People worry too much about what other people think. I'm in my early 40's, with a good job, and I still love what I loved when I was a kid. Look, I watched WWF-E/WCW/ECW/TNA for the best part of 30 years, still love video games, love comics and horror movies, and my fave band of all time is KISS!! I've learnt to not give a crap what people think. I've taken crap from people for years over the stuff I like. Sometimes life can not be fun for a number of reasons, it's nice to have something to escape to, probably why I enjoy the things I do...

now please excuse me, I'm only my way to pick up some back copies of The Goon, think I will listen to Destroyer on the drive over, then tonight think I'll watch the 1990 Survivor Series, then try and finish off Gears Of War 3!!....

Not really.
Most of my friends were wrestling fans during the attitude era and grew up with it along with me. Now they stopped watching wrestling, but from time to time they ask me "who still wrestles" and etc. I'm not ashamed of watching wrestling and wearing my wrestling shirts in public.

Not at all.My Mom got me into watching pro wrestling since I was 5 and I remember getting really fucked with in junior high because of it.Keep in mind this was before the Attitude era,before it was a fad.Most people I meet give the same "oh it's fake" statement but I don't care.Wehy would I be embarrassed about any of my interests,be they model car kitsv(the 1/25 ones),horror movies,Dinosaurs,and paranormal researching?People just need to accept me for the Wrestling mark that I am.

As many of you know, I’ve been a fan since I was 10 years old. Since 1989, I’ve been a fan of Professional Wrestling. It captures what I look for in Sports and Entertainment. Everyone who knows me personally knows I’m a huge fan. I have a wall full of Jakks Belts (WWE and TNA) on display in my house and a few Commemorative versions displayed in front of my fireplace and more Jakks Belts (UFC / MMA) scattered in my Pat-Cave (my den). I guess it’s just a little too late for me to be embarrassed about it. I’m so proud of it to the point where my kids (10 year old daughter, 3 year old son) are fans of it as well.

my first shirt i chose to wear outside was " PRO WRESTLING IS REAL, PEOPLE ARE FAKE" - felt it was suitable !

never afraid to defend it vocally but i won't wear my Zack Ryder t anywhere but home. face it, a lot of merch is corny. i will wear my punk shirts though. stupid people always come up to me thinking its Green day or AC/DC

but the simple fist and lightening bolt is great, like the austin skull or Brahma bull

I was born in one of the greatest years ever, 1985. It is my understanding that since I was brought home from the hospital and first in front of a television, the first things I ever saw were the REAL MTV, The Muppets Show and Sesame Street, Nintendo, and none other than the WWF. My earliest memories of wrestling are of Hulk Hogan slamming Andre when I was 2 yrd old, Ricky Steamboat defeating Macho Man for the Intercontinental Title, and The Hart Foundation facing The British Bulldogs. I cherish those memories to this day, as do I cherish being a fan of such a great thing as professional wrestling.

I have never been ashamed of my fandom for wrestling. I remember around 94-95 when most of the kids I knew had moved on to being into designer clothes, cars, sports, and girls, I was into a lot of those things but Wrestling was still number one. When I went to my first wrestling event my dad bought me a Diesel shirt and gloves, and a Shawn Michaels hat(remember the one that looked like a cab drivers hat?) I wore that shit to school the next day and I might as well have been 20 feet tall, and the coolest kid in the world as far as I was concerned. And you know what else? I was the coolest kid in school for that day. Everyone wanted to hear about what it was like to go see wrestling, and liked the shirt, gloves, and even the hat.

It was when I got into middle school that Wrestling got hot again and my friends started to jump on board, which ended up making me the freaking messiah of wrestling since I had been into it all along, and they'd come to me and ask about everything to do with it. Since I had the internet and was on the dirt sheets even then, I became the go to guy and being a wrestling fan actually helped make me cooler to my peers. A lot of them held on all through high school, and even some time after. Life happened to all of us and now I don't see any of them anymore, but if I did I'd still tell them how much I still love wrestling. I still talk about it at work with one of my co-workers and best friend who is a big fan. We get a little flack for basically being big kids when it comes to wrestling but we don't care. We wear our wrestling shirts, and we've even brought in our belts to show people. When we do then suddenly wrestling is cool, everyone loves the belts.

I have literally watched wrestling for as long as I can remember. There have been a few weeks where I thought I was getting away from it, but I have always came back because I love it so much.

I've never really hid the fact that I watch it, I actually usually brag about it. I always talk about going to shows to my friends, especially the big ones like WM 23 and this year's MITB. It excites me to talk about it.

Not only do I talk about it, I also wore shirts to school. Everyone would always ask what it was and I'd straight up tell them. There's nothing you have to hide.

I also even did countless papers and other projects on wrestling in middle school and in high school where everyone already knew I loved it so it wasn't as big of a deal. Now that I'm a freshman in college, nobody knew I watched. That didn't stop me. My first speech was about my brother who started wrestling this year. My last one will probably be about why wrestling isn't completely fake. I'm also doing a business project on the WWE. It gives me something I'm comfortable with and something that is new to almost everyone who is listening.

Don't hide the fact that you're a fan, embrace it!

Been watching wrestling for 21 years now. I've seen a lot of wrestling and I've loved a lot of it. I've also hated a lot of it, but haven't we all? I've always been the kind of guy to go buy the new wrestling magazine every month at my local convenience store. More than likely in my DX or Sting shirt. I've never been embarrassed to show my love for wrestling. People wear their favorite bands shirt. Why the fuck can't I wear my favorite Sheamus t-shirt? Fuck that shit. Say it loud, say it proud baby, since 1990.

I dont like the reference "wrestling pride" do you know what that sounds like...and to many there one in the same subconsciously. Raw is live theatre gladiator type stuff...I dont like wrestlers wearing speedos really dont understand that its 2011.

I tried to be 100% ufc fan and only watch raw for wrestling...problem is ufc is just fighters fighting and though its real it just doesnt entertain like fake wrestling is...

But now that i see GSP and nick diaz getting good in ufc im going to try to plus watch the ultimate fighter show. WWE is for kids and i am embarrassed to still watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back