Are You Dissapointed that Triple H stopped Winning World titles consistently in 05?

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
Triple H Lost the World Heavyweight Championship at the main event of Wrestlemania 21, Batista won it for the first time and his main event push would skyrocket from there, but something else happen, HHH stopped being the guy who was consistently in the main event WORLD TITLE picture and since that night he stopped winning world titles, I know he won 3 titles since then but one was a 2 hour reign in 07, in 08 he had a long run in smackdown, and he had a 2 month reign in 09 but since then he hasnt won the title. i know 3 reigns in 3 years seems reasonable but lets compare it to his 3 years between 02 and 05, he won 6 world titles.

He was still the main event and he did have feuds for the title but he went into the title picture had a couple of feuds and then returned. this was very different from his evolution run in which we saw him only in world title feuds except for one or two feuds.

after 05, he was in that feud with batista but didnt regain it, with flair, then 06 feuded with cena but didnt win the title, then we had dx, then we had his injury, then like i said won the title against randy twice and then only world title feuds in which he never won even thought he was in the main event and personal feuds that were still seen as the main event until his semi-retirement back in 2010

Are you dissapointed that we didnt get to see HHH with the titlea lot more? do you think he was there for the right amount of time? or do you think he should have stopped winning world titles a lot sooner?

Discuss....

He definitely should have cut back on how often he was winning world titles. It didn't look good for his reputation and it is the reason why many assumed he was only champion because he was banging the boss's daughter. In that sense, people started getting sick of him winning, much like how people are sick of John Cena today. But I will not deny this, he definitely deserved to win the titles, just not in that short of time.

No, with the exception of the DX angles, Triple H's best programs are the ones that didn't involve the World Title. When he was chasing or defending the title Triple H had a monotonic character "this title means the world to me" promos over and over again.

After he dropped the World Title to Batista, I would say his promos and creativity in building up feuds improved. Ric Flair, The Big Show, even Jeff Hardy his non-title feuds with them was actually more entertaining than most of his title bouts.

I think the number of reigns he had is more than enough, he's a 13 time World Champion. A few more and he'll rival or beat Ric Flair's record.

Although, his reigns should have been spaced out a little bit more, a few years back he was winning too many titles at a very short time. Like that one PPV where he lost it to Randy Orton and regained it back again on the same night. If he hadn't won so many titles in that last few years he would be a great Champion these past few years where the main event scene is incredibly weak and they had to resort to giving jokes like Jack Swagger the title.

As a champion he has always been solid, he was a great measuring stick for up and comers to look credible challenging him like Jeff Hardy. Sometimes I dislike him putting down talents though like that time when he explained promos and stuffs to Shelton Benjamin though. With the current main event scene so weak, I wouldn't mind him having one last big run as champion. He will certainly freshen up the title scene and hopefully make the title more important again unlike currently where it plays second fiddle to John Cena storylines.

god no. HHH was becoming increasingly resented for always being in the World Heavyweight Title picture, as Cena was up until the last 12 months.
Look at Jeff Jarrett in TNA, this guy founded the company and sure for a long time was the number one guy there, but he didnt need to have the belt for as long as he did and didnt need to always have the belt bounce back to him.
HHH doesnt need a World Title to prove how over he is, he has surpassed that. Why anybody would be disappointed would absolutely stun me to be perfectly honest

No, When it was on it made him look self serving. Why you may ask? Because everyone knows that he is married to Stephanie McMahon and from a business point of view this would look like a conflict of interest. Second, did anyone like that stupid storyline where he got chance after chance? I didn't because it seemed like the same thing where he gets challenged things escalate then the Wrestler X wins followed by HHH winning with help. Lastly winning the belt so many times makes the belt look bad. Yes we know that he held the belt X many times but I respect more the wrestlers who can keep the belt for a long time.

No, When it was on it made him look self serving. Why you may ask? Because everyone knows that he is married to Stephanie McMahon and from a business point of view this would look like a conflict of interest. Second, did anyone like that stupid storyline where he got chance after chance? I didn't because it seemed like the same thing where he gets challenged things escalate then the Wrestler X wins followed by HHH winning with help. Lastly winning the belt so many times makes the belt look bad. Yes we know that he held the belt X many times but I respect more the wrestlers who can keep the belt for a long time.

Kinda reminds me of John Cena (also Y2J with the IC belt.) I have to agree. A higher number of reigns in a short time frame devalues the belt. However, if you think Cena is bad in this regard, look at the Rock and his 7 WWE title reigns. His average title run was only 42 days. That's ridiculous! Cena averages about 106 days per reign (WWE Title only.) HHH's average reign is about 67 days per.

No but I am disappointed he stopped contending for world titles at all.

The title pictures have been pretty weak prior to Jericho and some newer talent like Ziggler getting involved.

I think ALOT of guys could profit from a World Title match/feud with HHH.

Not to mention I think most would agree HHH should have more world titles and hit 16 world titles before Cena.

No, but like the poster above said I wish he was in contention a little bit more. Some of the champions could have definitely benefited from a few defenses against HHH. Having his experience in the title picture would have only been good for the title, and would have made the champion look even more credible having a win against HHH. I think HHH has won enough titles, but I wouldn't be opposed to one last run with it down the road.

Hell no, it was overkill seeing him constantly involved in the title picture for 3 years.

I was especially annoyed when Orton won the title for the first time and then HHH turned on him and won the title the next month, sure he was the biggest heel in the company and people wanted to see him lose but it was more because they were sick of the sight of him and not because he was doing a good job with his character.

I, like probably most of us, was scared that Trips was going to shatter Ric Flairs record of 16 World titles. In my opinion this should be an untouchable record. HHH getting to 13 was far too close to my liking. I am not saying that Hunter is not a remarkable talent, but if he had of broken the record , it would have been marred by controversy considering his backstage clout. In response to the question, NO I am not disappointed in him slowing down in title reigns since 05. I do like the thought of him being in the picture, just don't have him win. I hope he goes back to building younger talent like he did with Sheamus a couple of years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back