• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are WWE overdoing this whole screw Daniel Bryan thing?

Sundar

Pre-Show Stalwart
It's obvious they're going to drag this thing out until Wrestlemania so Bryan can have his moment at WM30, probably after winning the Royal Rumble too but I think it is getting old too fast now. In hindsight I think they should have began the Orton/Bryan feud at Hell in a Cell or Survivor Series by having Orton cash in at one of these PPV's rather than at Summerslam. They've had 3 matches now and all of them have had screwy finishes.

I really hope they put this feud on hold for now until after the Royal Rumble which Bryan will probably win, maybe throw in guys like Punk and Cena into the fray to mix things up because this is getting stale, in the meantime Bryan can feud with HHH by costing him a match against Big Show or something.

Not at all. I think the WWE wants to make sure that Bryan is more than just this months flavor. Its really the same thing they did with Punk. When Punk finally got to the top he stayed there for some time as champ. Not saying Bryan will be champ for over a year, but once they make the move it will be Bryan's show.

Well, I would now like to see HHH V Bryan at Survivor Series. Then See DB go on to the Rumble (starting at Number 1) and win setting up DB v CM Punk at WM30 for the title. I would also like to see the end of CM Punk V Paul heyman, Ryback being a useless heel when he should be an unstoppable monster heel or monster face.

I am also sick of HHH talking DB down in the wrong way. The way HHH does it makes people believe DB is genuinely a mid-carder and not a serious threat to the WWE title.

It is baffling.

I think they're probably going to move away from DB for right now and maybe have Punk jump in now. At least they should because last night was a good place to end it until Bryan can reenter by time wrestlemania comes around and I've been a supporter of this angle from the beginning but now I'm like it really needs to stop so I hope it does.

It's clear to me that this angle is officially more about the new Corporation than any wrestler on the roster. This "best for business" stuff is getting old to me, but maybe now it will take a better direction.

I was really hoping they were going to have DB win last night as I feel they've officially killed all of his momentum, but that obviously didn't happen. The stupid thing about HBK turning heel and getting involved is, unless he's going to wrestle, there's really no payoff there.

The longer Bryan isn't champion the happier I will be. I don't like anything he does but I will throw a big curve ball as to how he becomes WWE champion. He sees how protected the WWE championship is and goes after the WHC by asking Cena for a World Heavyweight title match Cena says Yes because he wants to fight Bryan at 100%, Bryan wins at Survivor Series and is WHC and then he and Orton(still WWE champion) fight at Royal Rumble in a unification match which Bryan wins.

The longer Bryan isn't champion the happier I will be. I don't like anything he does but I will throw a big curve ball as to how he becomes WWE champion. He sees how protected the WWE championship is and goes after the WHC by asking Cena for a World Heavyweight title match Cena says Yes because he wants to fight Bryan at 100%, Bryan wins at Survivor Series and is WHC and then he and Orton(still WWE champion) fight at Royal Rumble in a unification match which Bryan wins.

That sounds too crazy, but the idea is in place for a match between Cena and Bryan, plus its a huge sell. It would also make for a great way to put Bryan over in the end as the top guy, like WWE tried with Y2J thus giving him legend status that has carried on to a great career, also is a way of getting rid of the WHC. And I would also say its the ultimate over the top way for Bryan to stick it to the WWE when they say he isn't good enough.

I still don't see it ever happening.

My enthusiasm has eroded with that finish to HIAC, if the plan is to drag Bryan's title win out until Mania then I'd rather Triple H had just barred him from title shots until the Rumble. The big problem as far as I see it is how to get the belt off Orton and onto someone else for Bryan to win it as I don't see any interest in Bryan vs Orton headlining a 4th PPV and certainly not Mania.

I felt Bryan needed to win last night and move on, Orton had served his purpose as Triple H's avatar and Bryan could then get more directly involved with The Game and maybe even head towards a potential Champion vs Champion match with Cena.

They wanted the chase to last as long as possible and there is a good chance it will last until Mania. They have made Bryan look weak and some people say that has been purposefully damaging. I think they are just trying to make it more dramatic for when Bryan finally wins.

I'm not sure when he finally wins and overcomes the regime. If they wait to long then Bryan may have lost all his momentum and they would have wasted their chance.

It has dragged but that's because we have had 3 PPVs in what, 6 weeks? I still feel that Battleground PPV screwed up the flow of this story. I don't think Bryan's moment is that far off. I think it will happen at Survivor Series. He will finally overcome the odds then.

I do think they are building towards a Bryan/HHH match but at Wrestlemania with Bryan being the one that retires HHH.

I really hope they put this feud on hold for now until after the Royal Rumble which Bryan will probably win, maybe throw in guys like Punk and Cena into the fray to mix things up because this is getting stale, in the meantime Bryan can feud with HHH by costing him a match against Big Show or something.

Putting the Daniel thing on hold until after the Rumble is an interesting idea because it does seem that stretching it all the way to WM30 would make it all too tedious. So far, it's been just fine because the fans are solidly behind the notion of the little guy getting screwed; more people can identify with Daniel Bryan than Randy Orton and Triple H.....as lame as that may sound. But his constant chanting about becoming the WWE champion is getting a bit old and will eventually start losing effect with the audience.

But keeping some continuity by having Daniel getting further involved with Triple H is still viable. I presume that if The Family Levesque is going to war with Vince McMahon at WM30, a good time to pick it up would be after the Rumble......when he gets done with Daniel. Then, if Bryan wins the Rumble, it instantly puts him back in the title picture.

The timing works.

I am thinking Bryan will be out of the title picture til the the road to wrestlemania unless they really do blame him for lower ratings and buy rates. Assuming he wins the rumble this has all been to build up to him winning at WM 30 tho against who idk? Alot of people think Punk but it may be Randy still.

If he doesn't go on to win the rumble and win the title at WM then this was all done to throw cold water on him to cool him off allowing them to move him down to the upper mid card again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back