Are we over-thinking WWE?

See i think im a different kind of fan where some may relate, but for me im not into the whole politics of it all...Edge winning was fine to me regardless of anything. What i find myself doing is comparing everything i used to love with the people that fill this product now.

I sit and see guys like codi rhodes and ted and orton and see regular looking guys with zero personality, charisma, appeal...nothing. Just guys with attitudes maybe or try to act tough.

And i compare it with the days of Jake Roberts, Perfect, Flair, Dibiase, Rude, Savage, LoD, Luger *in his early prime*, Razor...i mean on and on i could go...and ifind myself totally just bored to tears and not into your carlitos or kofi kingston or any of these guys due to the lack of total excitement, mic skills, humor, nothing...but thats to me and thats where i kind of fall by the wayside.

Wrestling back then was just explosive to me. Even though those guys werent all perfect in the ring, they made up for so much with their personalities.

And belts...when you have a 100 belts goin around it loses its value. When there was the WWF title, IC and Tags...it made winning titles so much more special and meant something.

Those are the things i end up nitpicking which has led me to just be in and out of the product.

I agree. Though I do understand someone wanting a wrestler to get a push, or someone to get a run for historical points.. I differ after those two things.

Wrestling is not like any other athletic endeavor.

In basketball, the focus is on who wins. Not how.

In wrestling, it's the opposite. It's about how you get to that.

In other sports, it's the destination. In wrestling, it's the journey. If wrestlers are getting spots, keeping them, entertaining, getting a steady push, telling competitive, and compelling stories and they get a run here or there, they are doing their jobs and shouldn't ask for much more. I don't, either.

Ok I have watched wrestling my whole life and enjoyed it for the most part, but just like any tv show or movie we all watch we find things we enjoy and things we don't enjoy. I think alot has changed over the years and what the IWC wants to be put over are the talented wrestlers while the main stream crowd wants the look wrestlers to go over. The difference is the hardcore fan watches every week all year and does not wanted to be treated like idiots. We want our storylines to make sense and the wrestling to be treated like the sport it is. I don't really have a problem with edge winning the royal rumble but i can see where some people would because they want to see the younger talent go over but to me I didn't feel there is the one guy that had momentum going into the rumble like years past where you knew he was going to win.

Sheamus already holds the title and if he holds it until wm then we do have a new face already in the main event and i can understand wwe not wanting to put 2 young guns in both tittle matches on the biggest show of the year because you want to have the name value to make people buy the ppv. I can understand that but what I dont understand is why with a lot of things we get treated like we are stupid with nonsensical story's. In wrestling it seems like wwe acts like history disappears and some thing that happened last year,month or week doesn't matter if it's not in the main event. And even then they will just ignore a lot of details. you know lost and 24 would not be the shows they are today if most of the details were not important but we live in an age where everyone is ahead of the curve on catching whats going on.

So please wwe and tna dont treat us like we are stupid or senile by having face and heel turns that make no sense. I understand you cant push everyone because you have to have your jobbers but at least make it so you have to win matches an they have to mean something instead of having someone lose a bunch of matches and then give them a strap to get them over instead of having them earn it with victories, hard work, and beating people who can be considered contenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back