• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are the Authority the modern day McMahon-Helmsley machine?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Triple H and wife Stephanie McMahon make up the head of the most powerful power couple in a very long time in wrestling. They have the keys to the kingdom almost. But on screen they look like a reboot of another faction that they both once belonged to: The McMahon-Helmsley faction or machine. With the evil chairman of the WWE Vince McMahon as the figure head of the group along side with son Shane McMahon, DX's X-Pac & Road Dogg, with Tori, and the Stooges Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco. It's funny how history repeats it's self huh?

I mean they look like a McMahon-Helmsely faction/machine 2.0. They have C. Kane, the Big Show, Seth Rollins, Brock Lesner with Paul Heyman, and J & J security as the new stooges. But this was all suppose to have ended at Survivor Series 2014 like how it ended for the McMahon-Helmsley faction/machine at the King of the Ring in 2000. Now the Authority are back and back to business as usual. And it looks like guys like John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, Erick Rowan, Roman Reigns, and the wrestling icon Sting will be the major thorns in the side of the Authority in the months to come to Wrestlemania season.

What do you think and how do you see it playing out?

I'm really hoping that this only plays out until Wrestlemania then they get the hell off my TV screen.

Don't get me wrong I think HHH is a great heel, and some of the guys could take lessons from Stephanie, but it's been done to death now. They've been a huge part of RAW for over a year, and getting just a little sick and tired of the 20 minute promo's that we get once a week. If you don't have time to fill 3 hours with wrestling guys, then cut an hour out of your show. We could go back to a 2 hour RAW quite nicely if it means getting rid of them.

I think what really irks me though is that fact that everytime one of their members wrestle's, they all have to be at ringside. Nothing like telegraphing how the match is going to end. We know that Kane or J & J Security will get involved and cause either a distraction or disqualification.

Oh well they're probably going to be around for awhile, hopefully we will have another match at an upcoming PPV that will see them go. Maybe Sting can fight with HHH and the stipulation will be he's gone and take the rest of them with him.

Look like a McMahon-Helmsly 2.0? Thats exactly what they are. It was great not seeing Hunter and Steph on tv for a few weeks as it allowed for some pretty damn good matches to be had. But now that they're back, it just gives me a reason to change the channel and save money that I might have spent on a ticket to the show.

Going even further, this is an exact rehash of the period between Armageddon '99 when Stephanie and Hunter first took full control until around WM 2000 when Vince realigned with them(the original "McMahon-Helmsley Era"). At least from the aspect that it features the exact same 25 minute crowd-killing, channel change inducing, shoot yourself in the head HHH/Steph promos that kicked off Raw every week. Triple H is the most boring long promo talker in the history of the business, and that's something that hasn't changed in over fifteen years.

Triple H and wife Stephanie McMahon make up the head of the most powerful power couple in a very long time in wrestling. They have the keys to the kingdom almost. But on screen they look like a reboot of another faction that they both once belonged to: The McMahon-Helmsley faction or machine. With the evil chairman of the WWE Vince McMahon as the figure head of the group along side with son Shane McMahon, DX's X-Pac & Road Dogg, with Tori, and the Stooges Pat Patterson and Gerald Brisco. It's funny how history repeats it's self huh?

I mean they look like a McMahon-Helmsely faction/machine 2.0. They have C. Kane, the Big Show, Seth Rollins, Brock Lesner with Paul Heyman, and J & J security as the new stooges. But this was all suppose to have ended at Survivor Series 2014 like how it ended for the McMahon-Helmsley faction/machine at the King of the Ring in 2000. Now the Authority are back and back to business as usual. And it looks like guys like John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback, Erick Rowan, Roman Reigns, and the wrestling icon Sting will be the major thorns in the side of the Authority in the months to come to Wrestlemania season.

What do you think and how do you see it playing out?

I could see the comparison. I thought they were supposed to be a modern day version of The Corporation with Randy being their "corporate champion" like The Rock was, then kicking him out and letting Randy become the top face in the company like I thought they would in November but that never happened unfortunately.

I'm really hoping that this only plays out until Wrestlemania then they get the hell off my TV screen.

Don't get me wrong I think HHH is a great heel, and some of the guys could take lessons from Stephanie, but it's been done to death now. They've been a huge part of RAW for over a year, and getting just a little sick and tired of the 20 minute promo's that we get once a week. If you don't have time to fill 3 hours with wrestling guys, then cut an hour out of your show. We could go back to a 2 hour RAW quite nicely if it means getting rid of them.

I think what really irks me though is that fact that everytime one of their members wrestle's, they all have to be at ringside. Nothing like telegraphing how the match is going to end. We know that Kane or J & J Security will get involved and cause either a distraction or disqualification.

Oh well they're probably going to be around for awhile, hopefully we will have another match at an upcoming PPV that will see them go. Maybe Sting can fight with HHH and the stipulation will be he's gone and take the rest of them with him.
20 minutes?! More like 20 minutes at the start of the show, then another hour spread out over the rest.

When it was HHH, Orton, Rollins, and Kane, it worked as an all powerful stable whose only real threat was its own internal tension. But now, it's a sloppily put together Franken-stable with no chemistry. You've got the middle aged power couple sucking up air time. You've got a pair of male valets in Noble and Mercury, and of course, Rollins, Kane, and Show, who are just kind of thrown together.

When it was HHH, Orton, Rollins, and Kane, it worked as an all powerful stable whose only real threat was its own internal tension. But now, it's a sloppily put together Franken-stable with no chemistry. You've got the middle aged power couple sucking up air time. You've got a pair of male valets in Noble and Mercury, and of course, Rollins, Kane, and Show, who are just kind of thrown together.

I'm assuming that Show has replaced Orton and Kane is replacing Batista in a way. It's like Evolution, but going backwards. Agree about the Franken-stable idea of it all, and am glad that Rusev is out of it to an extent. They need him more than he needs them.

If Show turns face again, which he's prone to do depending on which way the wind is blowing, then they'll pick up another heel and just add him in. No rhyme or reason to it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back