• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are Kurt Angle's Comments Real?

Jackal960

Pre-Show Stalwart
Below is from the news section of wrestlezone.com

TNA star Kurt Angle has posted the following on his Twitter account in regards to the Jeff Jarrett/Karen Jarrett home video segments that aired on this past Thursday night's edition of Impact:

"The "Jarrett" segments on TNA Impact were appalling. It made me look like a dead beat Dad, which I am not (I can assure you). And it made Karen and Jeff look like the perfect American Family. MY kids were calling Jeff "Daddy Jeff."

NOBODY will ever replace me as the Father of my kids. You want me to look like the bad person? Don't forget who wanted the divorce! I didn't walk away from my family, Karen did. So keep your little "act" going on TV. It's amusing to me, but don't think for a million years that my fans are buying this crap." You can read more from Angle at http://twitter.com/anglefoods1

Now as mentioned in another thread the last thing TNA would and should want is piss off Kurt Angle. However a segment involving kids are way over the line i think. How would all of those kids not be emotionally affected by the segments like these?

And if Kurt really made those comments, could they be for real? I mean we know how they like to add some real issues to storylines but i'm just not sure if Kurt wrote those comments on purpose for the storyline or not. What do you think?

what a set up.
oh it's real, it's damn real!
lol.

that angle with Karen/Jeff and the kids made me sick. there was no need for that on TV. I understand the Kurt/Karen/Jeff feud but involving the kids just wasn't right IMO.

I think it would be in TNA best interest not to upset Kurt Angle.
is Jeff still part owner of the company or does he have any significant ties? meaning if it came down to Kurt or Jeff, TNA would have to choose to keep Jeff?

I hope TNA does the right thing and has Kurt Angle come out on top with the Jarrett feud. Kurt IMO has much more of an impact with TNA in the ring going forward.

This is about as real as Dixie's tweets. Kurt is pretty much the no1 guy in TNA, Double J was suspended over his relationship with Karen - there is no way they'd run any storyline without his consent. Using kids in wrestling storylines is always deplorable and it's lazy writing for cheap heat but Kurt and Karen have obviously okayed it:disappointed:

I'm watching the segment as we speak and it's a total farse.

Kurt as probably given his approval of this and he's a better man then aye, because I COULDN'T allow this shit to happen, but it's storyline, from what I've read Kurt is cool with Jeff so I guess it's all cool as long as both agree to it.

The reason i just have doubts is the fact that kids are involved. Talking things in the arena is of course work. But how do you make sure those kids, especially the smallest one, believe this is a stroyline? I just couldn't beleive Kurt would approve those segments

The reason i just have doubts is the fact that kids are involved. Talking things in the arena is of course work. But how do you make sure those kids, especially the smallest one, believe this is a stroyline? I just couldn't beleive Kurt would approve those segments

I'm not sure if those comments are true, because as you said the kids are involved. But i'm sure Kurt Angle and The Jarretts approved those segments because you can't make the wrestlers do angles (no pun intended) they are not comfortable with, and i don't think Tna would want to mess with Kurt.;)

Definitely not a "shoot". If Angle was THAT pissed, he would have taken it up with TNA management. He wouldn't cry about it on Twitter.

It's fake. It's damn fake.

Do you really think that Kurt Angle would be so upset at this storyline that he would air his grievances on Twitter? TWITTER?! He clearly has no objections to this angle otherwise it wouldn't be going ahead, that is obvious. Some wrestlers prefer to use social networking to preserve kayfabe or further an angle. And that's cool. It's clearly got people talking.

As for the kids, I can't imagine they would be watching TNA. Wikipedia tells me they are around 8 and 4. They're not watching.

Think about it rationally. Do you really think those kids live like that, take strict orders from jarrett and call him daddy Jeff? They know it is a storyline because they had cameras on them, probably had a few rehearsals that ended up with laughter, and there overall life is nothing to what was displayed on television. That was a just a comical skit that was apart of a show to further a ongoing storyline, that stemmed from real life issues. That is probably the only real thing about the whole storyline is the fact that Kurt/Karen were together, now Jeff/Karen are together. I can almost guarantee that Kurt and Jeff are both being very professional on the matter or there would not be a storyline going on in the first place. I doubt you're going to get in the ring with a guy you really think has harsh feelings about you stemming from a family matter. And honestly i wouldn't be surprised if Kurt even pitched the idea for that skit, i don't know but i do know that there is no way TNA would ever do that skit without kurts knowledge of everything being said and done with his kids. As for the comments Angle said on twitter, it's furthering the storyline to bring more realism to the storyline as if there isn't enough already lol

Doesn't matter if it's okayed or not, IMO. I think it's like FitFinlay4Life said, deplorable and lazy booking for cheap heat.

Doesn't matter, they are kids. What happens if something does get a little touchy later on, are they going to have to interrupt a squabble to ask if it's part of a storyline?

And what about potential kids watching TNA? Could it possibly confuse them about their own situation if they're in a similar one? I know, I know, that's reading a lot into it...

Whether I agree or disagree, I do acknowledge it's not my decision to make. That being said, however, if you look at it from just a basic storyline angle it's pure garbage. It's not "shocking", it's not "entertaining", it's not "pushing the envelope". I'm sure that's what went through Russo's mind when he wrote it but it really has no entertainment value at all.

I'm sure people are going to cite certain things about it, such as "it's controversial" or "it must be good because it has people talking about it". That's just nonsense. Have you ever read a horrible movie's review? Is the movie good simply based on the fact that somebody watched it and wrote a review about it? No. It just means that somebody wasted their time watching a P.O.S. movie and wants to help others avoid making the same mistake or even that they were so offended about not being entertained that they wanted to vent about it in a public manner.

Venting in a public manner. That's the best way to put it instead of trying to excuse it by saying "it's got people talking". Not everything that stirs conversation means it's successful or good.

I have to admit, I paused a second when I first read that tweet, but seriously, as others have already pointed out, do you think Angle would be airing his grievances with TNA on Twitter? It's not like you're reading his personal, unmediated thoughts; it's a corporate twitter account that is meant to represent the opinions of Kurt Angle the character.

The whole "worked shoot" thing is just typical lazy Vince Russo booking. Russo isn't smart or talented enough to book an interesting story, so he goes for what is convenient, even though it means doing terrible shit like putting Angle's kids on TV.

I guess I would like to believe Kurt's comments are real. I have alsolutely no undestanding of what it is to be a father, but I believe that a father, especially a good father, would not in good conscience be able to stand by and happily watch his children call another man daddy.

Television is television, and entertainment is entertainment, but those were Kurt's children(and I'm asuming they were his children, whether they were child actors or not I have no idea) and the best of my understanding is that Kurt angle, at the least, is a decent person, and i find it differcult that being such he would be happy to watch and approve of this segment.

In my personal opinion this segment went beyond professional conduct. Yes real life issues are used in wrestling, but when it all comes down to it TNA is a television show, nothing more, nothing less. When a mans personal life, especially his lows, and the loss of his family (again the intimate details of the situation are unknown to me, as they are to everyone else on he internet) is broadcast on television for the entertainment of the public, then in my own opinion TNA and the broadcaster, spike, can be held responsible for what they have chosen to broadcast.

Kurt has no ownership of TNA, so I suppose if they really wanted to broadcast this segment then his approval or disapproval does not change their decision. But would Kurt involve his own children just to create a wrestling angle, especially given the circumstances? I don't think he would.

Even though there is some layer of truth on the underbelly of this whole storyline(which is what makes it so intriguing), this particular tweet screams Kayfabe to me, its definitely part of the work.

Kurt Angle is probably the one and only guy in the TNA roster that could get Dixie Carter to fire Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. Why in the hell would he waste his time getting pissy about it when he can just tell her to tone the story down via speed dial? It's just comments. Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle work in the same building as of late, at the same time. If there truly was any kind of dislike, it certainly wouldn't show itself with some simple comments on Twitter.

One important point makes me wonder. Do you think Kurt could tell his kids "No you cant be on TV" even if it bothers him? Whether he liked it or not he knew how happy the kids would be doing the same thing daddy does. He's told his kids since they were born that wrestling is "fake". Would they even understand if it bothered him? That would go against everything he's ever said.

I think it's both. He's in character but he still means every word he said. Even if it bothered him I couldn't see Kurt holding it against TNA. His kids are more important than his feelings and they'll be watching that clip for the rest of their lives.

Doesn't matter, they are kids. What happens if something does get a little touchy later on, are they going to have to interrupt a squabble to ask if it's part of a storyline?
Well I think the difference in having cameras there (or not) will be a big clue for the kids.

There is little doubt this "Twitter" comment by Kurt was either written by or pushed by Russo. It totally smells of him and this whole storyline is trash.

Angle should read what he wrote for the story and actually stand by it. Its disgraceful they are using their family for a wrestling storyline in this way.. one of the worst I have seen in 20+ years of watching wrestling.

There is little doubt this "Twitter" comment by Kurt was either written by or pushed by Russo. It totally smells of him and this whole storyline is trash.

Angle should read what he wrote for the story and actually stand by it. Its disgraceful they are using their family for a wrestling storyline in this way.. one of the worst I have seen in 20+ years of watching wrestling.

Worse still because exploiting kids has been done to death and always leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Here's some examples - ECW did it's version with Raven and the Sandman, WCW did it with 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper, WWe did it with Rey and Eddie and TNA has already done it with Raven and Tommy Dreamer.

i think hes playing along with the story line trying to help build it ,but im sure there is a little truth to his words , its got to hurt a little seeing your children calling another man daddy.

How do we even know that's Kurt's kids?

Well we don't know if its his kids, but it would take a lot a budget for Tna to hire child actors don't you think?:banghead: As for the storyline, well like i said before i don't think Tna would piss off Angle by doing this without his knowledge and or Karen's. Remember they still play characters on tv even if the situation is a real life situation.

I would be willing to bet a million dollars( if I had it) that Kurt was at those tapings with his kids to make them feel more comfortable during them, so Im saying kayfab, besides if he wasn't ok with the story line he's a better man than me cause I would kill a MOFO for talking to my kids like that and making them call him daddy like that if I was in that situation. those whole segment creeped me the fuck out.

I don't believe they're at all legit. Dixie Carter has literally done everything that she possibly could to make Kurt Angle happy since he came to TNA in 2006. Anything that Angle has ever wanted at TNA, he's gotten. If he wants time off, all he has to do is say the word and he's got it, he could probably even pick whomever he wanted to feud with if he chose to, he could be back in TNA's main event picture at the drop of a hat, etc.

When Jeff Jarrett began seeing Karen, Kurt Angle was fit to be tied and went around raising all kinds of hell, even going so far as to quit if Jeff Jarrett wasn't gone. And, guess what, Dixie Carter sent Jarrett home. She took him out of the company that he himself had founded and he was MIA for about 6 months. Literally, the woman will do anything to please Kurt Angle.

If Kurt Angle had a problem going through with this storyline, no way it'd go forward. Not a single chance in hell would Dixie Carter green light this if Angle legitimately felt that way. It's completely tasteless involving the Jarrett & Angle children in this situation but I don't believe for a minute that Angle has a problem so fuck Twitter.

This reminds me of the Tommy Dreamer and Sandman angle in the original ECW with Beulah. Just another recycled storyline that I hated the first time....Children should never be involved in adult business < Period. Great parenting skills, angle or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back