AoN Discussion: Mikey Stormrage vs. Mason Westhoff & vs. Grand Mystique (Cage Match)

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
MikeyWesthoff_zps5e14abf8.png

This is a gateway match for Mikey Stormrage. As many have witnessed, Mikey has been on warpath ever since his partner James Howard fell victim to Grand Mystique and The New Church. Now, as punishment for his continued disruptions, Mikey will have to go through Westhoff first before he can finally sink his teeth into Mystique. However, General Manager Big Dave also wanted to punish The New Church for their actions. Therefore he is going to allow Stormrage the pleasure of fighting Mystique in the confines of a Steel Cage if he can get past the cunning Westhoff.​

Mikey has been... struggling somewhat with his current run with Howard in the mix, being unable to pick up a victory since Unscripted. His opponents have been tough competition, which I will grant him, but this is the big one for Stormrage. He needs to be able to go through Westhoff before reaching his target in Grand Mystique inside a Cage match which will be a difficult journey.

Westhoff is a solid opponent and Stormrage has got some solid chances of winning himself... its his match against Mystique which worries me. Nothing will be in his favour when he faces the fresh GM later on during the broadcast and I hope his first match is short to conserve his energy.

I think we have seen what positive can come when someone leaves in the middle of a good storyline, sometimes a better story comes up. I've loved being involved in this from the start.

A lot has been made of the struggle that Yaz has had. I dont see a struggle, he's just making adjustments. The lovable goof is getting a spine after seeing his partner, his heart and soul, ripped away from him, that's going to take time. I see a second match happening, it's plain good storytelling, without the second match its pretty pointless, how we get there should be interesting. I hope this is where we see Yaz's potential as a singles guy.

I think that Yaz has struggled with the serious nature of Mikey, but he's come on recently and I think he may just hit his stride just in time for this gauntlet in the cage. Mystique is a bit of a sleeper when it comes to RP's (as in he's deceptivley good) and Westhoff is nothing to laugh at, but if Mikey can channel all the rage and anger into the RP, then we maybe looking at a victorious Stormrage, bathed in the blood of his foes.

I think this may be the match that interests me the most. Strikeforce is over and Mikey seems to be on his way to a solid push in WZCW. Now I will say all 3 of these men are terrific...but I'm going to be pushing for Mikey to win this. It seems like a star is about to be born if he can beat Grand Mystique. At least if he does lose, I hope he'll get another shot at it.

You could argue that the pressure is on Stormrage, but Westhoff has to be sweating one out here, it kind of looks like he's being fed to the wolves so he'll want to prove he's above such things by making sure Mikey doesn't advance beyond him here. Now that I've thrown that out there I'll hesitate to pass judgement on how I think it'll go.

So Mikey has to beat Westhoff, and then Grand Mystique in a cage match? Sounds like the odds are stacked against him. Yaz needs to pull off something stellar in order to ensure a victory here.

This is going to be difficult for Mikey, no doubt about it. Thriller is no slouch when it comes to writing RP's, and of course Numbers with GM can be scary good. This isn't so much a test as it is a baptism by fire for Mikey's singles career.

However, as Yaz as shown he can knock an RP out of the park, and the speech he wrote for MD when he vacated the titles was outstanding. If he can channel that type of energy into his RP for AoN, he's got a great shot at pulling off the double victory. It sure as hell ain't gonna be easy, but I have faith in Yaz.

You could argue that the pressure is on Stormrage, but Westhoff has to be sweating one out here, it kind of looks like he's being fed to the wolves so he'll want to prove he's above such things by making sure Mikey doesn't advance beyond him here. Now that I've thrown that out there I'll hesitate to pass judgement on how I think it'll go.

I'll explain more in my RP, but I can assure you that Mason is more than okay with where he is in this situation. Sorry for being a bit cryptic, but it'll make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back