• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AoN Discussion: Drake Callahan vs. El Califa Dragon

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
DrakeCalifa_zps6a0f8b81.png

Drake Callahan has a theory or two about his recent slumps. Or should we say conspiracies? Weeks of investigating have lead him to believe that the masked man El Califa Dragon is actually WZCW Legend, Ty Burna, in disguise. Califa has made it very clear that he is not Ty, but with recent blimps in the presentation of Califa; one has to wonder if there really is some truth to what Callahan is saying.​

El Califa Dragon looks like the top choice here for me. Drake Callahan's recent form is getting on top of him and he's not helping himself investigating the real identity of Dragon. I think we'll see the classic here from Callahan where he's more focused on revealing the face of Dragon, leading to him slipping up and losing the match.

This match will probably be overlooked by many people, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Lethal Lottery winner comes from here. Both men have been struggling a bit, but a win here could get some momentum going for the Lottery match. As worrisome as it is to agree with him, I think Scumm has the right idea with Callahan focusing on the mask rather than winning the match, thus Dragon pulls it out.

The mask revelation would be a very interesting story for the match. The winner is up in the air but I think it could be sleeper match of the show.

Something sinister is brewing underneath all of this...or is Callahan just looking too hard at stuff? Maybe we won't find out at All or Nothing, maybe we will, but one things for sure; we're set for an outstanding battle. Califa's got a series of strong showings and wins under his belt this past cycle, but Drake's been strong too and despite his count-out defeat to XXX I think he has what it takes to pin the masked man.

If I am being 100% honest I think Dragon can and should take this.

Drake has been pretty cold recently(says the man who lost to him two rounds ago) and I think a lot of it is the heel turn. At first the heel turn was a great boost to momentum but I think the turn is such a departure from what got Drake to the top that it isn't working well right now. On the other hand you have Dragon who took a little while to catch on, but I think he is hitting his stride finally.

Like it has been said, from the kayfabe perspective this is a match where Drake would probably be so focused on the mask that it should allow Dragon to sneak out with a win.

Can a brother hit a finisher a for a change? :p Seriously my two pinfall victories have been by tornado DDT and roll up. The Dragon de Vuelo has yet to be revealed. Otherwise I'm getting the underdog "surprise" victory treatment. Which is fine but damn it I want to hit my finisher eventually.

In all seriousness this is going to be a battle. Harthan is a damn good writer and had he stuck around when I started we would have had a number of epic battles and no doubt he would have been in the World Title scene far sooner then the surprise win he picked up last year. He was one of the best in the fed when I first entered WZCW, and he showed me the ropes on what kind of quality was expected at the time to be considered good. I would put money up on the fact that Drake could have been a World Title contender even 3-4 years ago when he was reigning supreme as Mayhem Champion.

As far as the feud goes, there's a part of Drake Callahan not many remember, but I certainly do and it's something I hope comes out during this feud. I don't know how well it'd play into his current gimmick, but knowing him he'd work it in somehow if he were to choose to go that route. I won't name what that is but if Harthan reads this I'm sure he'll know what I'm talking about. Intriguing things are happening and I hope everyone enjoys the ride to the destination. I'm glad this feud is going down because it's given me direction with my character, and it's expanding El Califa's personality. I didn't want him to be this over confident character all the time, I want him to show the anger and frustration regarding his slow start, and now that he has something other then just a mere title shot to work with, it's helping me vastly, basically gave me something to chew on while writing.

This will be one hell of a fight for both of us, one that I've looked forward to for a long time since we've never really had a legit one on one as far as being writers are concerned.

Can a brother hit a finisher a for a change? :p Seriously my two pinfall victories have been by tornado DDT and roll up. The Dragon de Vuelo has yet to be revealed. Otherwise I'm getting the underdog "surprise" victory treatment. Which is fine but damn it I want to hit my finisher eventually.

In all seriousness this is going to be a battle. Harthan is a damn good writer and had he stuck around when I started we would have had a number of epic battles and no doubt he would have been in the World Title scene far sooner then the surprise win he picked up last year. He was one of the best in the fed when I first entered WZCW, and he showed me the ropes on what kind of quality was expected at the time to be considered good. I would put money up on the fact that Drake could have been a World Title contender even 3-4 years ago when he was reigning supreme as Mayhem Champion.

As far as the feud goes, there's a part of Drake Callahan not many remember, but I certainly do and it's something I hope comes out during this feud. I don't know how well it'd play into his current gimmick, but knowing him he'd work it in somehow if he were to choose to go that route. I won't name what that is but if Harthan reads this I'm sure he'll know what I'm talking about. Intriguing things are happening and I hope everyone enjoys the ride to the destination. I'm glad this feud is going down because it's given me direction with my character, and it's expanding El Califa's personality. I didn't want him to be this over confident character all the time, I want him to show the anger and frustration regarding his slow start, and now that he has something other then just a mere title shot to work with, it's helping me vastly, basically gave me something to chew on while writing.

This will be one hell of a fight for both of us, one that I've looked forward to for a long time since we've never really had a legit one on one as far as being writers are concerned.

What, that?

Oh, you don't want to see that.

Too easy.

Ha you'll need more then your best to take me out. At least give me somewhat of a challenge at the PPV. I wouldnt want people thinking Drake was a fluke World Champion or anything. Or..... was he?

What can you do when everyone is conspiring against you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back