Anyone else think Swagger will be fine on RAW?

SpoodBeest

City Dweller, Successful Fella
Just wondering because I do. I think this guy will become huge on RAW even with the "everlasting main eventers" that Vince always has on RAW I think Swagger will make it there.

Have him work in the mid card for a bit maybe even eventually win the U.S. title. After Kofi has finished a decent reign with it. Then after Swagger has had a decent U.S. title reign after racking up some credible victories I think Swagger needs a good feud with a main event guy.

I think Swagger should have a good lengthy feud with Cena. That would be great IMO. The match the two had back the draft I think did Swagger some good, so could you imagine what a full fledge feud between these to could do for Swagger? It would be magnificent for him. So after that feud with Swagger having a few victories over Cena added to his belt, he then be taken seriously into the main event.

Have him challenge for the world title and once he wins it he is officially a main event player on RAW.

The guy is exciting in the ring, full of potential and when he claims to be a "wrestling prodigy" thats not really self proclaimed because he is speaking the damn truth.

Well Swagger has the words "world champion" written all over him and when do you see Swagger becoming a top player on RAW? or do you see him moving to SmackDown to become a top player? Which brand he will be main eventing on? Which world title will be his first to win? And how long do you think it will take to see Swagger's first world championship reign?

I think he has the tools, in and out of the ring, to make it. He has great mic skills(imo) and he is a great talent. Put him in a good feud for the US title and win it, and build him up for 3-4 months or so, then he will be fine. From there, he can lose the belt, and then ascend into the main event picture and win the title, on raw, sometime next year. He's a hell of a athlete and performer in my opinion and i love everything about this young kid and his theme song kicks ass!

I have to agree with you that Swagger IS going to be in the main event during his career. He will most likely feud with MVP, win the feud. Move on to take out the US champion, hold the US title while having some nice feuds over the title for about 4 months or so. He would lose the title due to interference from a main eventer. He would then feud with that main eventer (hopefully Cena) moving him up to the main event picture. After a lengthy feud with the already solidified main eventer, he would then enter himself into the title picture. I would like to see this play out on RAW and have him beat Kofi for the US title, lose it to The Miz after interference from John Cena, feud with Cena, then, beat Triple H for the title at Summerslam 2010. This would be the perfect way to make Swagger a legitamate main eventer, IMO.

I think he has a great future on Raw and will definitely be a main eventer in the future.

He has all of the tools to be a successful wrestler and is the total package, no pun intended. He can cut a good promo and I’ve noticed that he is improving on the mic and the lisp is something that doesn’t bother me, it bothers some but I honestly don’t try to focus on it. He’s also a good wrestler. He has put on good matches with a lot of the people he has wrestled so far. He is also becoming a very good heel and he is getting some good heel heat.

I’ve liked what they are doing with him and MVP so far. I hope they continue their feud and make it a long term feud, not just some feud for a couple of months then they ended. They can really make this feud good and still make both guys look strong once they decide to end it.

He is definitely going to be a main eventer in the future. He has all of the tools to be one and if he stays out of trouble then I can only see good things for him in the future in the WWE.

To be honest, I actually think that even if Jack Swagger would have his WWE debut on Raw, he would still have success. Swagger was great on ECW, having a very impressive undefeated streak, a fued with Tommy Dreamer, quickly winning the ECW Championship four months after his debut, holding the title for over three months. That's very impressive for a person who's only been in the WWE for about 10 months.

Now that he's on Raw, it's no question that he will find just as much or maybe even more success than on ECW. His win over M.V.P. was great and I think he really deserved it. I think he will continue to defeat Raw's top stars, which will likely lead to a United States Championship win, and later a World Title.

Jack Swagger is the future of the company. He and John Morrison will main event Wrestlemania against each other more than once.

Swagger is Vince's wet dream. He has the look, great ring ability and athleticism, he has a great heel personality, and he knows how to tell a story. We all remember the infamous John Cena match, where Swagger impressed everyone. Well, if that's any indication, he should have been on Raw sooner.

His promos get better every week. He doesn't let his lisp get in the way, and honestly, I don't even notice it anymore. I think his arrogance is amazing. Just like the Cena match made him noticable in the ring, I think this MVP feud will make him better on the mic.

I may be the only person who was disappointed that Swagger was switched to Raw.

He was doing so many great things on ECW and IMO, took the show from barely watchable to can't miss. Before Swagger made his debut and subsequent title run, ECW was pretty bad. Guys like Bourne, Christian, The Hart Trilogy, etc... all showed up after Swagger and turned the show into the best hour of wrestling on television.

Now with all them gone except Christian, there's not much left in the ECW cabinet.

Unfortunately, even though all those guys were "promoted", it seems like they're being buried under the main brass on Smackdown and Raw.

Sure, MVP / Swagger will be a good feud, but where does it lead ?? It doesn't appear as if MVP is going to receive a main event push and I'm afraid that means Swagger may be stuck in the mid cards with him.

They should have left him as the face of ECW until at least the Royal Rumble. I really wanted to see him win the Rumble and challenge one of the top champions at Mania, even though I knew it was a longshot. It could still happen, but I don't think it will.

Swagger is great! When he first debuted I was like oh great when is this guy getting released. But this guy I believe can actually break through the glass ceiling and become a big star. He's only in his rookie year and has many supporters. Hopefully it doesn't backfire on us like all the other "next big things" WWE promised. I don't know as long as he doesn't get buried with a Triple H fued then he'll do just fine.

2010 will be the year of swagger... Yeah he will be champion and a top player... I hope he gets a chance to get both world and heavyweight title.. I like how everyone is using the us title as his push lol that's awesome... Also I think he's gonna be just like kurt angle and brock lesnar... He's a great wrestler and will shoot up and will have some great matches with that one or two guys and be known for those matches like angle and brock are for that wrestle mania match.. He'll get huge but let's all hope that he doesn't pull a move like them and just disapear after 1 year of being on top

He'll definetly be a main eventer on RAW in time that is. I agree with him being given a mid-card strap first, just so he can establish him self a bit to the RAW fans, remember some people don't even bother watching ECW, so you gotta keep that in mind. And he should get a few big wins as well, perhaps over Shawn or Batista, 'coz the nose and Cena won't job. But yeah, very good future for this dude.

Swagger is the person we'll see headlining in years to come. He's athletic, he's entertaining, he's gorgeous, he has all the tools needed to make people want to see him, he's like a young John Cena. I'm sure Cena marks will complain at the comparison, but it's true. While he probably won't be as successful as Cena is, he has all the makings to make it as a huge star.

I have to agree. I was unimpressed with Swagger upon his debut, but he has topped every expectation I had. He will be a ME player for years to come. He dominated ECW, nothing at all left for him to do there. I was hoping for a switch to Smackdown, just because I think the matches would be better. On Raw however, he could have some watchable matches with just about anybody. He's one of the few Powerhouse type wrestlers I really look forward to watching, and I really think he has a shot to be a WWE champion within the next year or 2. Raw will suit him just fine, because now he has a chance to soar past JoMo on the totem poll.

I have no problem thinking that Swagger will be fine. First thing they need to do with him is put him in a good program. MVP is the obvious choice for a match if they decide to continue the feud. I enjoyed their match on Raw, and would likely be better on PPV.

Cena is another program Raw could run with. They had a really good match at the draft, and a darn good promo backstage. A nice 3-4 month run with John Cena could really elevate Swagger as a top heel on Raw.

I could also see a program done where he goes after Kofi's IC title. That would also be a good match in my opinion.

Really, I don't see too much getting in Swagger's way. Regardless of what path Swagger's on, I see him doing well for himself. He's still pretty new to the WWE fans, debuting less than a year ago, so a WWE title is a long ways away. But I think that a good run with the US title would do well and set up his gimmick at the moment. The All-American American holding the US title. Sounds good at the moment.

Also keep in mind that Swagger is a heel. Most of Raws big names at the moment are faces. For faces you have Cena, HHH, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, and possibly Dibiase if they push him as a face if/when he turns. Lot of faces to compete with. What about heels. Orton, Miz, and Big Show. Rhodes is not nearly established enough and they are not likely to push him as being legit on his own seriously. He will do very well on Raw

he's like a young John Cena. I'm sure Cena marks will complain at the comparison, but it's true. While he probably won't be as successful as Cena is, he has all the makings to make it as a huge star.

I wouldn't balk at that comparison at all. I'd think it pretty valid. Swagger didn't exactly have the hero's "first match out and he's giving Angle trouble" match, but still. Swagger showed impressive skills right out of the gate. Like John Cena.

As far as Swagger to Raw, this is exactly what ECW was remade for. Build up stars, get them used to playing for crowds and PPVs, then move them on up. Swagger will be the latest to make it big from time in ECW, ala Punk and Kofi. Lashley also, if he hadn't left.

He's most likely gearing up for one of two things.

1) US title reign. A long one at that. After MVP Swagger moves to the US title, holds on to it, and drops it when he's ready for a Cena world title feud.

2) Straight into the Cena title feud. I'd expect after a revenge feud with Orton for the title and a short feud with Miz and his "I'm 7-2! I'm Number One contender!" schtick Swagger should be open for a Cena feud. Not that he'd win. Just that he'd feud. Cena has more than shown us that he can feud with someone and have them come out looking fantastic.

Though, that 1st option is admittedly more likely. Don't be surprised if Swagger is world champ in a year or two though. He won't be headlining Mania, but he'd probably get a reign squeezed in between Backlash and whatever PPV is a month or three after that.

I think Matt Striker said it best while Swagger was on ECW: Jack is the 21st Century Superstar. He has the look, he is very good in the ring, and overcomes his lisp to be good on the mic. I expect him to have the U.S. title by the end of the year and within a year or two, be challenging for a world title.

Swagger is a guy that still has not 100% won me over, but if you compare my viewpoint of him now to the viewpoint I had of him back when everyone was busting a nut over the guy in his debut, its an upward scale. Swagger has improved to the point where I think he's the perfect midcarder at the moment and eventually, he has the makings of a great WWE champion. So when it comes to skill, I think Swagger doesn't have anything to worry about while he's on Raw, unless they push him too hard and too fast and he can't cope with it, and that makes them think its his fault, not theirs. But most importantly, Swagger is going to be fine on Raw because Vince clearly WANTS Swagger to be fine on Raw. Let me explain...

To go far in the business, you clearly need talent. But you also need to be supported by the people backstage. It doesn't matter how entertaining you are, if management is pissed at you and they aren't willing to just let it pass, your growth will be stunted. Take a guy like Brian Kendrick. He's a talented wrestler. Now, I'm not one of those people that thinks he's some wrestling prophet, but I do think he's being underutilized drastically right now. He rarely ever shows up on Raw and when he does, he's just minutely above jobber status. If Kendrick were chummy with the powers-that-be, you'd see him more than likely either having truly competitive matches with the likes of Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston, or he'd be on ECW as one of their heels (though Ryder kind of fills a bit of that position). If Vince and those wanted Kendrick to make a splash and succeed, he wouldn't be jobbing every time he's on TV at rare intervals.

They like Swagger, though. So they're not going to let him fade into obscurity like Kendrick or Festus or Jimmy Wang Yang or Mike Knox. His first night on Raw, he's in a weird spot with Orton, but he's the focal point. Then right afterwards, he's put into a feud with MVP. I'll be very surprised if Swagger doesn't get the better of the feud, whether its that MVP wins the final match between them but Swagger dominates everything else, or MVP just beats Swagger a few times through cheating/cheap methods, but Swagger always gets clean victories. Another thing I'd be very surprised about is Swagger's position in WrestleMania XXVI. The way I see it, there's 4 options for him through their eyes: HBK/Swagger, Undertaker/Swagger, US title defense, Money in the Bank. If he isn't a part of one of those four scenarios, I'll be utterly and completely shocked.

Swagger's going to be just fine on Raw, without a doubt. The unfortunate thing is that he'll be cutting into time that The Miz should be getting - if, by some odd chance, I'm wrong about Miz being Jericho's partner.

I Think My Boi Swagger guna do great on raw i was waiting for him 2 move out of ECW! He is a Great Talent like a Bigger more Powerful Kurt Angle. Nd i predict he will be main eventing by next year hands down!

Jack Swagger has talent, he was a main eventer on ECW along with Christian and Tommy Dreamer. However now that he's on Raw with the likes of Triple H, John Cena, Batista, and Randy Orton who are all bigger more popular superstars then Christian and Tommy Dreamer put together, I'd say as long as he is on Raw he'll only be US Title/Mid-Card material.

There's no question that RAW has some of the biggest names, egos and main eventers in the WWE and this sometimes means the so called 'lesser talents' do not receive a proper opportunity to become a 'greater talent' because RAW's main event scene is packed (even if it is usually composed of the same people). Despite this, I think Swagger will indeed be fine on RAW....WWE clearly see something big in this guy (he's still to grow on me), they made him ECW champion early in his career which is an indication of that and now obviously he's just been transfered to the 'flagship' show (yet another indicator). So I think having Vince on your side is an obvious advantage and Swagger luckily appears to have that, added to that the fact that Swagger does seem to be talented enough to carry himself on RAW. Time will ultimately tell but I think Swagger will be successful on his new brand.

This Sunday, Swagger will win the United States title. I will drink to that. Let him hold the belt for 6-8 months, until Royal Rumble time, and make him look like a legit main event badass.

But hopefully he loses the title in a multi man match, so it doesn't make him look weaker.

After he loses the belt, put him in a feud with Cena over the world title, and there you go, we got us a new contender for the world title!

Oh i completely agree. this guy is heading to the top. I look for him to be a top heel in the company in a few years. He reminds me so much of angle or lesnar. And hes so young so hes just gonna keep getting better, this guy IMO is gonna be main eventing very soon, and main eventing for a long time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back