Anybody else sick of kickpads?

asiatic7

The Doctor Of Veganomics!!!
I'm doing this simple thread because it's probably the only one that won't get merged like the past few I did.

Anybody else out there sick of wrestlers wearing kickpads? It was ok when two or three people wore them but now it seems like a staple for wrestlers ring attire. It seems like it's easier to count guys who don't wear kickpads. Kickpads were the footwear of choice for highflyers with a highrisk arsenal (Jericho, Rey Mysterio in WCW), and guys with a shooter/martial arts syle (Ken Shamrock, X-Pac), but now guys like Miz and Alex Riley sport them just for style. It's kind of like when everybody was wearing black trunks.

By the way, what happened to guys wearing long tights? Anyway, anyone else sick of seeing kickpads?

I get your point & somewhat agree. But it is the fad just like almost everything else.

Before it was ring jackets.

Then ring trench coats.

Now kick pads.

I think in a way it fits the style of today because we have alot of guys like Punk, Jericho, Bryan, Kofi, Bourne, etc. utilizing alot of kicks & kicking moves.

But I do agree that when guys like the Miz start wearing them (who for the life of me I can't rememeber a single move he would need them for expect that old running knee into the neckbreaker move he doesn't do that much anymore) it get's a little ridiculous. Hopefully the guys that don't use them or need them will be weeded out.

GREAT POINT! You barely see wrestlers wearing long tights anymore. There's much more room for design on them so why wouldn't they wear more long tights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back