• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any of our posters

I think it's the whole thing of home, that's why they wanted to go back...it's their home.

It's there home, people will always want to go back to what they consider there home, and each time something like this happens they learn a little more of what to do to help prevent the same level of destruction from happening again, yeah sure they will never be able to stop hurricanes from happening but they can learn what they need to do so that when a hurricane does hit it won't be Katrina 2, like moving the backup generators for hospitals out of the basements and onto the roofs, evacuate the city sooner, and build stronger levy's

The levies aren't ready yet. According to the Army Corp of Engineers, they are 80% behind schedule because it was worse than anyone thought, and they were planning on being complete until mid-2010. They're gonna bust again. I feel for those people, but at least the new governor cares about them and is letting them use public transportation to get out.

As much heat as Bush got for that situation after Katrina, it was Gov. Blanco who wouldn't let the city use buses to get elderly and impoverished people out of the city. It was the mayor and governor that never made evacuations mandatory. And the storm doubled in intensity the night before it hit.

It would have been better if Bush hadn't picked his "slow" friend to be in charge of FEMA.

I simply can't feel sorry for people that chose to live in a bowl below sea level, and then go back and back and back.

I simply can't feel sorry for people that chose to live in a bowl below sea level, and then go back and back and back.

They go back cause that's there home, it's where all the imporant times in their lives happened, and not matter what happens they still want ot live there, I can understand the feeling, I was born in SD, then around 2nd grade my family decided to move to WI, now don't get me wrong WI is a great state and I love going back and visiting, but SD always felt like my home it's where I felt most comfortable, so after HS I moved backed, I'm sure the people who live in New Orleans feel the same thing, besides no matter where in the country you love there is going to be some sort of natural disaster that is going on, whether it be tornados, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, etc.

*cues the Little Mermaid Theme*

Under the Sea!

I really think if they were actually protecting the people from the below sea level city, they would have hauled their ass when they were building the levees again. They would have started on infastructure that would support the city. I just hope that if the worst hits, it doesn't get out of hand like it did before.

I feel pity for them. I feel remorse for lives that are lost. But I can't, like Shocky said, feel sorry in a meaningful way. At least not a lot.

N.O. is below sea level. That alone is a :wtf: type of thing. Number two, I think Justin mentioned building stronger levees.. which.. THEY HAVE NOT DONE.

This is noone's fault but their own.

I don't wish any type of injury or disaster upon anyone. But if you don't learn from the past, you're doomed to repeat it. Whether this hurricane matches Katrina or not is unknown.. but if it does, then I guess we'll find out how many people learned from the previous mistake.

On a side note. I do nothing but laugh at New Orleans' football team. :lmao: Welcome to part two of their 3-13 repeat season from the last time they were "homeless".

It's inanimate. Unless it's going to be "the immovable object" part of things, I don't think it has a great chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back