• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Virginia Shootings:

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are desensitized to Iraq. It appears on the news so much these days it is nowhere near as hard hitting as it was when we first started. When the first nude scenes appeared in film people were shocked, now it's a norm. Probably a bad analogy, but you get the picture.

It's almost apart of everyday news, sadly. I check the news every afternoon and what do I see? Either "X soldier(s) dead" or "X Iraqis dead". So, yeah, desensitization..

True, I understand why people are so upset about this, and it is a huge tragedy, I just get very sad when I think of how many people watch the news and see some reporter in Sudan say "Today the Janjaweed(local militia) slaughtered four hundred people with machetes, including infants and children." and then those watching will continue eating their supper without giving it a second thought. Every paycheck I get I try to contribute some of it to either the Darfur fund or to congressman Ron Paul, one of the few people out there these days that wants to stop the war this instant and who recognizes all of the lying and law breaking Bush has done to strip away our personal liberties(habeas corpus, patriot act, etc), and he's a friggin REPUBLICAN!

I understand that people have become desensitized to it, but my only hope is that people will realize what it is that they are becoming desensitized to and realize how horrifying it all is. I talk alot about the Darfur massacre simply because we've seen it done before a thousand times, whether it be the Holocaust or the Rwandan massacre. Hundreds of thousands have already died, and still the UN and the US doesn't care. It hurts me personally that people could be that uncaring about someone simply because they are not from their country or they don't look like you do.

Anyways, on the topic at hand. I never praise violence as the answer to anything, but in this case I sincerely hope a mob of people beat the living shit out of those protester people. God there is nothing more racist and facist then a group of Christian's thumping their bibles and wrapping the American flag around themselves.

Sorry for the political rant guys.

I would not die for any idiots right to do what those people are doing. It's flat out disgusting and should in no way be tolerated. The constitution was meant for people with a sense of responsiblilty, not for people who abuse it to spread hate and fear. We as a nation need to rethink this.

That is your opinion and I respect it, but it's just that--an opinion. Some people find certain things reprehensible, but as soon as we start flat out denying someone's right to share or speak of something, we are denying ourselves the right to hear what they have to say and therefore become more intelligent. Obviously these people are the worst scum of the earth, there's no debate about that, but they have the right to say what they will and they have the right to protest if they want. They just have to deal with the fact that at the protest they are going to get the shit beaten out of them and if they think it's worth it to espout facist bullshit, then so be it.

I hate nazis with an immeasurable passion, but we can never let ourselves forget the past of their crimes by banning or silencing those nazis that remains voices. What they preach is bullshit, but I'll defend anyones right to preach bullshit. That's what this country was founded on, it wasn't founded on responsibility, it was founded on personal liberty and freedom.

This is just disgusting and inhuman. How can you do this? How can you kill innocent people? No how can you plan to kill so many people and sleep without getting nightmares? They were young and had futures. This case was pre-meditated since he filmed himself and sent in it in to CBS or something one day before I think. I just dont know why he did it and I dont think anyone does. He was a quiet guy said many people and then he snaps. It's a disgrace to his people.

I kind of feel sorry for the guy. What he did was cruel yeah but this just shows that he is a sick man or demented man that needed help and he didnt get that help. Its kind of sad on both sides. I feel sorry for the guys he killed too but death isnt the best solution in this case. IMO, they should of tried to get him before he shot himself and then lock him up and give him a phsycatrist that can help him and find out what was wrong with him.

What? Are you serious? You'd have the man live after he did that? That piece of shit should of been ass-raped and tortured slowly until his death after what he did. He got help, he went to a mental hospital many times and they evaluated him as being safe and not a danger to others, but possibly a danger to himself. He was on Prozac. He had therapy. He got help. He just fuckin' ignored all of it and went on with this ridiculious narcissistic vision of him being a martyr and a hero like Jesus.

Empathy should be reserved for those who are empathetic. This man was not. Don't feel bad for him, he got off lucky as hell by just shooting himself in the head instead of if he had been caught. He would've been sent to prison, where he would've undoubtedly been ass raped and then murdered by the inamtes. If not then he would've been given the lethal injection after maybe a year in jail. Don't feel sorry for that piece of shit, feel sorry for all of the people who's lives he either took or ruined forever.

This is inhumane. Thats the only word that can describe the situation at hand. It's shit like this that starts racial dispute. Lets think about it. After 9/11 arabs and indian of any kind got bashed and are called Osama and etc as jokes but some people take the jokes seriosuly and they have every right to. This chinese man does this and I bet you people are going to be racist against chinese. I'm kinda glad this guy shot himself. He saved his ass from a worse beating. If he went to jail he would of punished like all of those kids did. May god rest those poor kids soul.

it was a very sad day, i have friends that attend that university, and i'm only a few hours south of it, in Virginia Beach, Virginia. When all that happened, people were in shock and people kept calling each other around here, well i mean its a huge city i live in but it affected alot of us. Hokies were everywhere, still are.

This thread is over a month old, why the hell did you bump it up? This your one and only warning about bumping old Threads, do it again to boost your post count and you will get an Infraction

I could honestly care less about my post count dude, I was just looking around and I'm sorry I didn't see the date of the thread, I just saw a topic which I had relations to, sorry this was an infraction causing offense, but lighten up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back