Any curveballs thrown in Elimination Chamber this year??

I know the "rumor" is HHH versus UT but does anybody else think that there is still some unfinished business between UT and Kane? There's been sone talk on various sites that Glenn Jacobs is thinking of retiring in a year or 2. If that's true, I'd like to see him go out masked again. Can you imagine the story line possibilities to create that end result? The fans have always loved the UT/Kane/PB stuff and they'd probaby really pop for something like that. I know this wasn't exactly Chamber stuff but just putting in my 2 cents' worth.

I'm really dissapointed with Zigglers replacement, I like show but really when you know he isn't going to win the match... why not give a younger superstar a rub>? We've seen this forever, if your getting burried Show, if your getting over jump on shows back. While he is a big man and beating him does carry some kind of "boost" Why not put a returning superstar in the match. Or maybe just someone from the undercard, why not Chris masters, or whoever? Anyone but show!

I'm hoping no rumored match at WM27 is a lock and there's still room for spontaneity. If there's any year I see the World Title being defended in a Triple Threat or Fatal Fourway, it's this year. I love Del Rio and Edge, but I just don't see those two facing each other alone at WM27. Just seems too bland.

I'm still hoping to be surprised by the end of the night... SOMETHING'S gotta give. Not since a few years back when the Elimination Chamber PPV was called No Way Out has a Feb PPV been such a throwaway.

Well there ya have it, Christian returns to make the save when Del Rio attacks Edge after the chamber match.

Looks like a triple threat at mania could be on the cards afterall.

Nope, no curve balls. Exactly what we all new over a month ago (edge vs del rio and miz vs cena) is the exact outcome of the show. Damn, and after monday night i got excited for the wwe again. i guess i learned my lesson.

Things unfolded exactly the way most people expected. It was an okay PPV, but everything that happened was expected. It did come off well though.

Morrison shined once again and The WHC Chamber match was pretty awesome. I was glad that Miz/Lawler was as short as it was. I kind of thought that one would be dragged out for awhile, tonight. But thankfully, they pretty much just got to the point.

Del Rio/Kingston was pretty good as well.

For me, something I enjoyed a lot, was The Corre capturing the Tag Titles.

I would say that no curve balls were thrown at all. Being that it is close to Wrestlemania, you kind of hope or expect curveballs. But maybe the curve ball, is that there were no curve balls.

I don't see how anyone could complain about the PPV. Sure, the outcomes were predictable, but what a fucking ride, huh? And having your expectations fulfilled isn't the worst thing in the world. Both Elimination Chamber matches were terrific and the drama in the Miz-Lawler match was (if you excuse the cliche) palpable.

So no, there were no curveballs, but you won't hear me complaining. It was a damn good PPV and there's no reason to be upset by anything.

I wouldn't say im disappointed with the PPV tonight, it was just very lack luster. Yes the Chambers were great matches(mostley the SD chamber), only really awesome part about Raw chamber was JoMo and as always he doesnt get his well-deserved spotlight. Hopefully he isnt too injured for mania. But, EVERYONE knew the outcome to EVERY MATCH! Everyone knew Edge and Cena would win there respective chambers to set up for the (not to over use the term) VERY lack luster main events. Everyone saw del rio winning, the corre winning the titles, and lawler losing(which i thought theyd set up alot more than just having lawler hit cole or throw miz at him or watever he did).

And what "Schockers" did we get???? Christian returning and Kelly Kelly getting hired back(coulda called it a mile away) and Big Show in the chamber and Trish Stratus on Tough Enough, who cares?(btw trishes promo was TERRIBLE!) To see rocky get in the ring after 7 years and do wat he did and see trish get in the ring after a couple years(which she used to be one of THEE best divas EVER!) and suck like that, was just painful to watch.

Last years chamber(while Jericho winning and HBK setting up with taker was kinda predictable) they did it in a innovative way. and While i had good ideas about the matches, they shocked me and made me VERY excited for mania. This year, all they did was set up two poor maint events. While i wouldn't say it was a bad ppv, they wasted all there suprises on Del Rio winning the rumble. Hopefully 2-21-11 will make up for all of it.

I sure did get my hopes up, I have to admit. I guess I just wanted to see the booking take a risk... Do something unsafe... And am I the only who was getting tired of se eing the Amazing Morrison hurt himself spot after spot with the agonizing acknowledgment that he was going to lose, and Fruity Pebble, John "Bam-Bam" Cena would win? WWE is making it really hard for us non- Cena marks to think we have a chance at think our hope of Cena not walking out of Wrestlemania champion being realistic. I'd rather see a Cena victory over The Rock than the WWE Champion.
But back to the Elimination Chamber, I did not predict the kiddy face-marks having their way with BOTH EC matches. It was a curve ball for me, because I had a false hope and impression that some opportunities would be handed out, and we'd see an upset tonight. I give MVP (not Montell Vontavius) to CM Punk... he put on a great and sadistic performance, and he didn't do much that was spectacular, but he's just so good at being a bad guy that they probably would've cheered more for Punk winning the whole thing than for seeing Morrison win. Too bad for Morrison... there's still a possibility at MITB at WM though right?

You can't blame WWE for going through with things they had planned with a month ago.

You can blame reading into spoilers and plans for that.

As for tonight, WWE set up some really good matches so that no huge surprise was really needed. Great PPV :)

See, this is a huge problem with wrestling. The WWE delivered an incredible ppv tonight and people are actually complaining that there weren't any "curveballs" thrown? Who gives a shit???? Fuck curveballs. How about just sitting back, watching the matches and stories play out and actually try to be entertained? You know, actually doing the thing that's intended to do when you actually spend your time to sit down and watch a professional wrestling show.

Everything wouldn't be predictable if u don't come on the wrestling. If ur like a lot of people stay away from thr rumors and sites. And just watch every show ti'll ppv maybe it be more enjoyable. U take ur own risk coming on. Be afraid to learn u'll know ppv setup or future plans

Everything wouldn't be predictable if u don't come on the wrestling sites. If ur like a lot of people stay away from the rumors and sites. And just watch every show ti'll ppv maybe it be more enjoyable. U take ur own risk coming on. Be afraid to learn u'll know ppv setup or future plans

Christian may get a Heavyweight title match at Wrestlemania. That's enough for me to be excited.

Christian may get a Heavyweight title match at Wrestlemania. That's enough for me to be excited.

I really hope that's where it's going. Good PPV, good matches. Big Show being the surprise entrant was definitely a huge letdown, but then again, how many surprises do you guys want in a week?

See, this is a huge problem with wrestling. The WWE delivered an incredible ppv tonight and people are actually complaining that there weren't any "curveballs" thrown? Who gives a shit????
It shocks me that so many intelligent people don't appreciate the appeal of variety. Are you that fucking dense or are you actually a plant sent from by WWE to spread love and affection for all things McMahon? I see no third option.

People expect different things from television. Just because you're satisfied swallowing the same gruel month after month, doesn't mean the rest of us are that easy. Some of us like to feel as though our entertainment time and money is being earned. Paint by numbers booking and wrestling doesn't do that for a lot of people. Not everybody agrees with you and enjoys the same garbage that you lap up. Get the fuck over it.

When the fuck did WWE become baseball? The Edge/Ziggler shit wasn't curvy enough? Keep it straight least we screw another man's push up.

Someone used the analogy of watching a movie when talking of predictability. What they fail to grasp though, is that tonight's PPV wasn't the whole movie. It was only a scene in the movie.

Lonesome Dove is one of my favorite movies and I knew at some point the cattle drive would reach Montana but it would not be very enjoyable if I knew what would happen along the way.

Same goes for tonight's PPV. It was only one scene in a movie about the road to WM and I knew what would happen with 99.9% certainty. The only reason I watched was because I was Hoping that something different would happen like Cena losing the chamber match setting up for a possible match with The Rock at WM. But nothing happened. Everything that I thought would happen tonight, happened which made for a lame PPV. It was executed brilliantly but the predictability made it lame.

I'm not paying PPV money for one scene.

As is the the case with great television shows, single episodes should be able to build towards long term goals while delivering superb stand-alone hours. And since the WWE isn't presented as tastefully or thoughtfully as most hours of great televisions, their stand-alone episodes are just mediocre, high-budget, cookie-cutter carny fare.

On the other hand, I just compared the WWE to real television shows. Given Vince's affinity for all forms of entertainment which aren't wrestling, he must be thrilled.

I'm not paying PPV money for one scene.

As is the the case with great television shows, single episodes should be able to build towards long term goals while delivering superb stand-alone hours. And since the WWE isn't presented as tastefully or thoughtfully as most hours of great televisions, their stand-alone episodes are just mediocre, high-budget, cookie-cutter carny fare.

On the other hand, I just compared the WWE to real television shows. Given Vince's affinity for all forms of entertainment which aren't wrestling, he must be thrilled.
That's the point I was trying to make.

If I can look at a card and predict who will win with 99% certainty 100% accuracy, then something is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back