• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anthony Weiner Resigns

The only people to blame here are the media. They're the ones who made this such a huge deal and blew it all out of proportion.

We're seriously getting to the point where the media runs this country. Americans are just too stupid to think for themselves, so they latch on to a certain media network and take their word as the gospel.

The only people to blame here are the media. They're the ones who made this such a huge deal and blew it all out of proportion.

We're seriously getting to the point where the media runs this country. Americans are just too stupid to think for themselves, so they latch on to a certain media network and take their word as the gospel.
Some not all, I don't trust any media outlet as far as I can throw them.

Weiner is definitely to blame for what has happened to him. He lied. He went out of his way to lie, actually. He acted like an idiot.

But, I don't think he should have quit. If 56% of your constituents are telling you to stick around, screw Washington.

I agree what Weiner did was stupid beyond all belief (though the lying part I understand, since anyone would have lied at first in his position if they truly felt they could hide the truth), but still... it's the media who caused all this "outrage" from the public that's forcing him to resign.

So much fucking coverage on a man giving naked pictures to women... who gives a fuck, really? It's humorous so people pay attention at first, but then the media drives the situation into the ground and then turn it into a serious topic. It's ridiculous.

Sending pictures of your junk isn't wrong. Weird, but no, it's not wrong. As long as the receiver is an adult, it shouldn't be an issue.

If he hadn't lied, we probably wouldn't be talking about it today. I would have lied as well, but that doesn't mean it's right. It's definitely the wrong route to take. The media, in general, didn't cause this story. They ran with it, like they do with every other story. But, it's not like this was manufactured. Weiner should have known better.

Watching Rachel Maddow and there was a very interesting and saddening point brought up.

Today Nancy Pelosi, the minority leader in the House of Representatives, one of the biggest and most powerful Democrats in the country and someone who could be Speaker of the House again next year, had a press conference to talk about the job situation in the country. She said she wouldn't be answering questions about Weiner and apparently a bunch of news networks cut the feed of the press conference.

In other words: penis - important. Trying to stop the world job market in any of our lives - better get away from that.

So Charlie Rangle gets censured—which basically amounted to 5 minutes of finger wagging—for legitimate withholding/stealing of tax monies yet keeps his job, but Weiner MUST resign … Since when did the left become the moral majority?

as a constituent of now Former Rep Weiner, I'm goddamn pissed off. I'm pissed off he caved into pressure, I'm pissed off that the Democrats don't know how in the holy hell to rally behind ONE POINT and ARGUE IT TO DEATH NO MATTER HOW WRONG IT MIGHT BE.

They need to take a lesson from the Republicans. They present a united front no matter what, and they marginalize those who don't form up.

Weiner should take Keith Olbermann's advice. Resign today, and when the special election is called: Re-run for your job again. And when the people re-elect you, go back down to Washington and give all those that just threw you under the bus a big middle finger.

I miss the old days where Politicians could show their penis in private with immunity and extreme prejudice in the 60's.

Interesting how it took so long. I get liberals don't give a shit about morals/ethics & public image like the GOP, but hell it was too distracting to keep going on.

What's funny is that this isn't even a "controversy" at all. All controversies do is expose the realities of life. I once saw photos of my younger sisters' (then 14 years old) boyfriends penis on her computer (accidentally of course, wink wink) 2 years ago. Most teens and young adults do it. I mean hell, social media and technology dominates our lives, so it wouldn't surprise me if sexting becomes a popular craze in the future. Like all things that are considered immoral and unethical by our society initially, it will eventually become tolerable and understandable overtime once people figure out that everyone fucking does it (lol).

Not that I agree with what Weiner did, but it is a reality of today's over-sexualized and over-materialized society and I'm pretty sure if some sit down and have a discussion with their teenage children you won't be as shocked

I don't think he should have been forced to resign as I believe his personal life is his personal life, but infidelity is infidelity even if it's over the internet. Why some people here seem to think this is any less than that because he didn't actually get any is beyond me.

Interesting how it took so long. I get liberals don't give a shit about morals/ethics & public image like the GOP, but hell it was too distracting to keep going on.
:lmao:

GOP doesn't even pretend to care about morals or ethics anymore. They talk about it, but they don't even pretend to act that way. Don't kid yourself, the Republican party isn't the moral compass of America.

:lmao:

GOP doesn't even pretend to care about morals or ethics anymore. They talk about it, but they don't even pretend to act that way. Don't kid yourself, the Republican party isn't the moral compass of America.

Oh, they pretend. However, they have dumped the "social" agenda, somewhat, and gone more toward fiscal matters. I would say that's a good choice, if I agreed with them on most fiscal matters. But, I don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back