Another Story About Mama KB

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
So our air conditioner is on the blink but not fully. The idea is that it's overheated and it needs to rest for a bit, so we turned it off. My mom sleeps downstairs in the basement where it's much cooler than in the rest of the house. She says that with the air off it'll be hot but not too hot for her to sleep. I'm saying goodnight to her and she asks me to put her big thick quilt on her before complaining about it being too hot. I question her about the quilt and she says she knows it makes it hotter, but she doesn't mind.

Wait, wait, wait. Your mum sleeps in the basement? I'm sure there's a Soviet Russia joke in there somewhere.

Wait, wait, wait. Your mum sleeps in the basement? I'm sure there's a Soviet Russia joke in there somewhere.

Yep. Our house is kind of weird. My room is upstairs in an addition to the house that used to be a garage. My grandmother ran a daycare out of the house for years and the garage was turned into a bedroom for the kids that stayed here. Once that closed my uncle lived in it and then once he moved out I moved into it from downstairs. The basement is basically a full apartment which my mom stays in. My grandmother (who owns the house) stays in the main part of the upstairs (the ground floor) and I stay in a nook at the corner.

Not that strange. Me and my family do that to. It's a bit of a psychological crutch when you go to bed, because you'll find it strange to sleep without one.

Just think how relieved you will be when you get your own place one day KB

I am buying my first house in the next few weeks or so, having lived with a ex-gf for 2 years previously, and being back at parents for a year, I can't wait to have my own space again

Just think how relieved you will be when you get your own place one day KB

I am buying my first house in the next few weeks or so, having lived with a ex-gf for 2 years previously, and being back at parents for a year, I can't wait to have my own space again

It's not a bad thing. I love my family and their eccentricies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back