ANOTHER Regal Push?

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Apparently he did commentary on the MVP/Cody Rhodes match. A feud with MVP would appear to be another push for William Regal. I guess they could get him over eventually. Maybe he should start switching off lights again.

But if they are going to have an MVP/Regal feud then this is a step down for MVP and a great oppertunity for Regal. Or maybe I've got it wrong and they're testing him out to see if he's a suitable replacement for Todd Grisham. I can't help but think that is a brilliant idea.

I like the push as Regal should have been in the main event back in the old WCW days. I would love to see him win the US title, but Regal is a placeholder feud till Matt Hardy is 100% and able to feud with MVP. Speaking of MVP, is he worst face in the WWE today. I mean he is my favorite wrestler, but what did he do to turn face?

I thought he was good on commentary, he should think of carrying it on. His days of being in the ring should be nearing an end though. There is Matt Hardy and the Miz ahead of him as far as mid card heels go. Oh, and Legacy.

Screw it, he should go and be ECW GM. That's the best role for him.

Let's not confuse a wrestler's "push" with just being involved in another wrestling "angle" or "storyline." I don't view this as a Regal "push." I don't ever define a push as being an angle that a wrestler is involved in.

Now, if Regal beats MVP, I would consider that a push. Regal is the more established veteran. Not to mention the fact that the WWE doesn't want anyone to forget that Regal is the 2008 King of the Ring. Basically, that title should be used by Regal to push other stars on the program.

If anything, I see this as a push for MVP.

Yeah, sure. I'm on-board. I think I'm one of the few people that think it's a genuine shame that he never became WWE Champion. He's like the English Kurt Angle. A bit.

Otherwise, spots on commentary only go on to improve wrestler's legacies. As if anybody would give a fuck about Jerry Lawler otherwise. So yeah, make him a commentator. Go nuts.

Yeah, sure. I'm on-board. I think I'm one of the few people that think it's a genuine shame that he never became WWE Champion. He's like the English Kurt Angle. A bit.
Except better than Angle.

I just don't see such a push happening for Regal though. Against all odds he seemed to be headed into a title feud with Triple H last year, but then he got caught by the testing. After seeing what his IC reign turned out to be, I'm certain he'll be retaining his enhancement-talent status from here on out and this is only to put MVP over. Which is good for MVP as Regal is quite good at carrying crowd heat, ring work, and mic work when it's expected of him.

As if anybody would give a fuck about Jerry Lawler otherwise.
Slightly off topic, but he actually didn't annoy me last night!! :) The comment about the cheap shot hurting Matt's hand made me feel like this was 15 years ago. I miss that Lawler

i reckon regal one more push as wrestler then maybe gm for a while then commentry he is so witty and we need a good british commentator as we aint had one for years plus hes 100% better than grish haha i reckon him and king would be hillare

This is great!! Regal is the best technical wrestler in the WWE if not the world. Some will say Benoit but he is no longer in THIS world. I think a MVP/Regal feud will be very nice. It's a shame Regal wasn't drafted to another brand though, with his current look/gimmick he would have been a great main event/upper mid-card talent. The one great thing is the fact that he has a great relationship with Hunter and will only help.

This is great!! Regal is the best technical wrestler in the WWE if not the world. Some will say Benoit but he is no longer in THIS world. I think a MVP/Regal feud will be very nice. It's a shame Regal wasn't drafted to another brand though, with his current look/gimmick he would have been a great main event/upper mid-card talent. The one great thing is the fact that he has a great relationship with Hunter and will only help.

Regal is a good technical wrestler, but he's not the best in the world, let alone the WWE. I think MVP is an even better technical wrestler than Regal to be honest with you.

I don't know how I feel about a Regal/MVP feud. I feel like he can draw some good heel heat, but his King of the Ring victory is a little too far in the past to use to make him a bad guy now, as is his whole evil GM angle. He needs to do something new to draw more heel heat in order to put MVP way over. Otherwise, this is just going to be a run of the mill title defense for MVP.

Apparently he did commentary on the MVP/Cody Rhodes match. A feud with MVP would appear to be another push for William Regal. I guess they could get him over eventually. Maybe he should start switching off lights again.

But if they are going to have an MVP/Regal feud then this is a step down for MVP and a great oppertunity for Regal. Or maybe I've got it wrong and they're testing him out to see if he's a suitable replacement for Todd Grisham. I can't help but think that is a brilliant idea.

I agree with you about the whole MVP thing I think his push was only due to being on the view. I think Regals not getting a push since right no hes the only established midcard heel that can get any face over. And concidering that MVP is just recently a face, I think its to better establish his status as a face. I think that using regal is just a waste in comentary because I know many people have trouble understanding his british accent at times I really don't see it working out that way at least grimson can be fully understood:xmen:

Regal was really onto something with the Raw GM role.... he aws beginning to build a character anda feud with Kennedy Kennedy that was starting to go places!

He would be best served, as mentioned earlier, bieng a gm on ECW cos tiffany is terrible and Regal is gold on the stick

Or maybe he could be a manager for that matter but the tiem for pushing him asa singles competitor i think are nearing an end

i enjoyed his mini feud with CM Punk. It should've lasted longer. I don't think Layla meshed well as Regal's valet. Some other diva could've been more well suited.

I like Regal, but they need to decide what to do with him and stick with it longer than a few months (granted, his suspension last year didn't help and killed any momentum he had from KOTR). I can see him going to ECW as the new GM. As beautiful as Tiffany is, she's just eye candy. Either put Regal as ECW GM or put him back as a full-time wrestler competing each week - I don't care. Just pick one.

I like the Regal-MVP feud idea, but throwing him into the mix last week on Raw during MVP's involvement with the Orton program was confusing. It took away from MVP's apparent push as a top face on Raw. Sorry, but Regal is just not a top-tier guy anymore. If they want to push MVP, take the U.S. title off of him and push him in the WWE Title picture. Mixing those two title programs poisons each of them.

I've always loved Regal so anytime he gets a push it deserves a celebration. But I don't see this as a real push. I see Regal/MVP just filling time until they're ready to switch to Miz/MVP or more likely Matt Hardy/MVP. I get the feeling that if Matt hadn't broken his hand then Regal would still be MIA on TV.

Regal was the one name that I was both shocked and disappointed didn't get drafted. I've never understood the appeal of Teddy Long as GM (now as a heel manager he's great) and Regal would have been a great replacement for Vickie on SD!. Even ECW would have been a great move because Regal could have feuded with each and every young gun from FCW while he ruled over them as GM.

Regal has always been a tremendous talent who seems to get lost in the shuffle. Now he's stuck on RAW which boasts Cena, Batista, Show, Hunter, Orton and HBK at the top draws with Matt Hardy, Kofi, Legacy and MVP slightly below them. Don't be surprised if Regal jobs to MVP at Judgment Day and then gets lost in the shuffle once again.

I like the push as Regal should have been in the main event back in the old WCW days. I would love to see him win the US title, but Regal is a placeholder feud till Matt Hardy is 100% and able to feud with MVP. Speaking of MVP, is he worst face in the WWE today. I mean he is my favorite wrestler, but what did he do to turn face?

I guess you could say he quietly turned babyface during his losing streak. The more he lost, the more it humbled him, and it all pretty much came around when he wrestled The Big Show in the Last Man Standing match, where if he won, HHH became number one contender or something similar.

i hope that it 2 things:
1. Giving MVP a push by putting him over an established veteran athe 2008 king of the ring

2. Work Regal into commentary. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THEY NEED TO REPLACE MICHAEL COLE. I would be the happiest person in the world if they replaced michael cole. He sucks. And bringing regal into commentary could bring back a heel commentator. We really need that now a days.

2. Work Regal into commentary. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THEY NEED TO REPLACE MICHAEL COLE. I would be the happiest person in the world if they replaced michael cole. He sucks. And bringing regal into commentary could bring back a heel commentator. We really need that now a days.

I think comedy Regal would be 10x better than heel Regal.

That being said, the Regal/MVP situation is not so much a push for Regal as it is for MVP. Last week, WWE started building MVP into a.....MVP, by putting him smackdab in the middle of the Legacy/Orton feud. I see his feud with Regal as a stepping stone towards main event status on Raw. Perhaps, as was mentioned, MVP's match with Regal will allow for Porter's technical side to shine.

does anyone out there flat out not want to see Regal anymore? I think that the guy is done. Commentating is the only thing I could see him doing, but it would have to be opposite JR. Look I liked Lord Stephen as much as anyone in old WCW. Even the "mans man" was tolerable, but there are just too many players out there now for him to have any spotlight.

I'm a Regal fan but the guy really has to keep his shit in check and not get suspended. I mean, how many chance has he had? Any other guy that is in Regal's spot and isn't a main eventer would be dropped like a bad habit and we would be wishing him well on any future endeavors.

Anyway, I hope this push goes somewhere this time. If not, I hope he does commentary, it would bring me back to Lord Alfred Hayes days of sophisticated sounding Brits on the mic.

You know, I totally took this the wrong way and thought that Regal was lending his services to Legacy. I'd love to see Regal as a manager/coach to Cody and Ted. But I don't think Orton would like anyone besides himself manipulating those two.

I just don't see the point of using Regal against MVP. That's not something I want to see. Regal as a wrestler isn't entertaining to me. In a street fight, sure. That guy is tough and it shows.

It's a damn shame what happened last year. When he had become King of the Ring/GM, at that moment I think he was the best heel in the business. Cutting off lights during WWE matches, that snarky, arrogant attitude....i don't know...just something about him that made me want to boo him. Then came the wellness policy, Kennedy gets the quick face turn against him, and Regal goes away for 2 months. Comes back and was never the same. I think if they're trying so hard to replace Tiffany as GM, have him go over there. Give people more of a reason to tune into ECW.

Personally, I think Regal is overrated. He's able to work a match well enough that he's better than someone like Eve Torres, but he's nothing fantastic. He's like Finlay. Sure, he might know how to do some of the technical moves, but there's nothing to draw me into it. Good on the mic, though, I'll give him that - outside of his mispronunciation of things like "Youmanga" and "Triple Haytch"

But as for this new push, I don't think it necessarily is. I think its quite the opposite. Regal is most likely going to be someone that they feed to MVP so he can have a quick one month, p.o.s. feud with someone that he, for the most part, dominates. This gives him something to add to his credibility on his new brand and it stalls until they can do MVP/Hardy, and then eventually MVP/Miz I assume. I don't think Regal is going to come out of this anywhere but in the same position or lower. This isn't a resurrection of his GM role or anything back when he was actually someone who looked like he could be on an upward momentum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back