Another NXT star gets injured...

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
Aries took a kick from NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, resulting in the dreaded "X" from the referee. The match was then stopped but Aries did leave on his own, sporting a black eye. There was talk that Aries may have suffered a broken jaw but it looks like he suffered a bad cut to the eye at the very least.

Just saw a report regarding this. Also saw the video. Apparently Austin Aries was trying to execute Discus Forearm but Nakamura kicked him which led to this injury.

I hope that this injury isn't much serious. It looks like one though. Here's the video:

[YOUTUBE]gu3l1DQxbew[/YOUTUBE]​

Recently injured WWE NXT star Austin Aries will be undergoing surgery after suffering an eye injury at last Thursday’s NXT live event in Fresno, CA. The injury happened when Aries took a stiff kick from Shinsuke Nakamura.

According to PWInsider.com, Aries suffered a large orbital fracture from the kick and will undergo surgery sometime this week in Birmingham, Alabama. Aries will be out of action until early 2017.
So the injury is indeed damn serious.

I did see a picture of Aries and the area near his left eye is too sore and the wound looks horrible.

I guess that since it's a serious injury, we have seen enough of Roderick Strong and Aries in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.

This is getting a bit annoying. First Joe & now Aries.

I get that a major component of Strong Style are the stiff kicks but when is someone, be it Nakamura himself or someone behind the scene, going to realize that something needs to change?

I love Nakamura and his style of wrestling but something isn't working and it needs to change up before someone else gets hurt.

This is getting a bit annoying. First Joe & now Aries.

I get that a major component of Strong Style are the stiff kicks but when is someone, be it Nakamura himself or someone behind the scene, going to realize that something needs to change?

I love Nakamura and his style of wrestling but something isn't working and it needs to change up before someone else gets hurt.
I don't remember about what happened with Joe but about this incident with Aries, I guess that it was a botch by either of the two involved. The kick was supposed to be a head kick but instead was hit on Aries' left eye thus leading to a fracture. Aries, as mentioned above, was in midst of executing Discus Forearm but got hit with a kick that landed wrongly. Not sure if who's to be blamed here.

:z:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back