• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Live SD! Next Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It's been announced over the web that next week's episode of SmackDown! will air live from Charlotte, North Carolina. Themed as a "SmackDown! Live Holiday Special", the event will be "hosted" by Mick Foley.

It's kind of unusual that the hype for this event didn't start last night on Raw but it'll almost certainly begin tonight with the SmackDown! tapings for the episode that'll air this Friday. It's expected that "ppv quality matches" will be advertised for the live SD! in a similar way to the WWE Championship match being advertised for Raw between CM Punk & Alberto Del Rio.

One of the speculated matches involves Mark Henry defending the WHC against Randy Orton in a steel cage match with Booker T as the special ref. This match is advertised on the arena website so I'm guessing that it'll probably be a dark match. Also, nobody knows exactly what WWE is going to do with the injury angle regarding Mark Henry that began at Survivor Series.

Well, this is nice, but it's strange that I hadn't heard about it until just now. Hopefully this is another test to see if they can move Smackdown to live on Tuesdays permanently. I don't read spoilers anyway, but the risk of hearing about something happening on Smackdown before it airs is always there, like hearing about Christian's short title reign earlier this year. The ratings have shown that live episodes do better than taped ones, so it could be a benefit in the long run. Of course, this depends on how much more it costs to do a show live. Anyway, I hope for the best and that we may get a second live show for good.

First I've heard of it. Seems strange. Would've made more sense this week; before Thanksgiving and getting it off of Black Friday and college football competition etc. Sounds good though. I loved the most recent live Smackdown. If this one has another title match, it'll be worth the watch.

Its good to see Smackdown going live as those cannon pops are way too annoying. It gives a nice boost to the ratings and hopefully Smackdown will go live permanently so more people continue to watch and make Smackdown a more relevant show.

Great news I enjoyed the last one especially the main event with Christian and Randy Orton giving the best Smackdown match all year so far. I can see a Mark Henry vs Big Show match taking place under No Holds Barred or Last man standing rules. Hopefully we can get a great PPV quality show like last time. If there is one thing that Live Smackdown shows always have is quality over quantity.

I didn't even realize they were going live next week. Why hasn't WWE been promoting this more? They seem to be more interested in promoting twitter. :banghead:

I don't get why WWE are not promoting this left and right? Speaking as someone who has taken several Marketing classes.... Your product sells better if you advertise it. No one cares about Twitter. Promote your EVENTS, guys!

This might be a spectacular show with PPV quality matches and Foley hosting it. Could they be testing the waters again for a permanent move to live editions of Smackdown on tuesdays? WWE would have more success with this and other shows if they promoted it more. I look forward to it because the quality tends to be far higher on live Smackdown's but they can't expect many people to watch it if no one outside of the IWC knows that this show is even happening.

So far we've got Mark Henry defending the World Heavyweight Championship in a Steel Cage against Daniel Bryan. Theoretically this could be good, as last week they really built up "dat boi" D-Bry, and I'm excited to see where they go with it. But history shows that they'll probably bury him to let Henry look more dominant. Regardless, there's no way Bryan walks out of Smackdown the champion... Which means there's totally a way he could walk out the champion. I know, that makes no sense. But generally speaking WWE likes to throw monkey wrenches into the machine every now and then to keep us on our feet. So I guess there's that possibility to look forward to...

I'm excited that they're doing more of these live Smackdown events, as it looks like they are testing the waters to make it a permanent thing. I'm looking forward to the ratings outcome, if nothing else.

I was wondering why they were doing SD live and promoting it as a "Holiday special". It's not like Friday is a major holiday or anything (at least that I know of anyway). Maybe as has been suggested they're looking into moving to Tuesdays regularly.

Another thought I had though was that maybe they're about to do a world tour and wanted to extra travel time. Then again... Friday Night Smackdown's are not live -- so that doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back