• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Another Desmond Wolfe Update

Joe's Gonna Kill You

The Hunt is On
The Kent News in Great Britain featured a piece on TNA star Desmond Wolfe, noting that during his absence from the ring, he's been hard at work developing and writing a potential sitcom.

In regard to his health, Wolfe noted that fans shouldn't believe what they hear online, commenting, "I can’t get into the details of my absence here and now, but there have been a few different plans to bring me back in the last few months, none of which materialised. I’m hoping for something soon though."

To read the piece, http://www.kentnews.co.uk/p_12/Arti...wrestling_star_Desmond_Wolfe_writes_TV_sitcom

Seems from this interview that Desmond's health isn't has bad as its being reported and that he might not have to retire as an in-ring competitor which would be Excellent News if true.

Man, I hope Desmond doesn't have to retire. I've become a big fan of his. He's great in the ring and Impact could really use him.

If Wolfe has to be extra careful about his health and maybe needs more time before wrestling again, why not bring him in a manager for the British Invasion? Wolfe is a little better on the mic than either Williams or Magnus and could be fantastic both as an interferer/distraction during matches and providing guest commentary at times while his guys are competing. While I think Williams and Magnus are good enough to stand on their own, Wolfe's addition would make them very dangerous and could allow them to become the new backbone of the tag division as the guys in Beer Money and the MCMG move on to other things (singles pushes, X-Division).

With all due respect I think Wolfe could do alot more than manage British Invasion 2.

He's a tremendous talent. I had the advantage of not seeing much of this guy before TNA (as I know there was alot of hype), so I had a 'clean slate' so to speak.

His character was incredibly refreshing. He was the first Brit to show he could be tough without being a complete 'wanker' :) He actually had credibility. The guy had the look, could talk, and certainly work his ass off.

He worked fine in the main event scene with Angle (admittedly, with Kurt Angle of course), so I see no reason why he couldn't be bought back in to the main event scene once again to shake things up.

That's of course, if he's fully healthy.

Selby

With all due respect I think Wolfe could do alot more than manage British Invasion 2.

That's of course, if he's fully healthy.

No shit, man. Did I not open my post with the whole "if he's not healthy" disclaimer?

"If Wolfe has to be extra careful about his health and maybe needs more time before wrestling again..."

I certainly thing Wolfe could do anything as an active wrestler but there must still be a problem he hasn't returned yet. I know he said the fans shouldn't worry, but I don't buy that he's been on the shelf for other reasons. TNA obviously loved him and were ready to push him to the moon. And with the whole Jeff Hardy debacle, the door was wide open for Wolfe to step in as his replacement in Immortal. The fact that didn't happen tells you a lot.

If I can stop myself from thinking, for a few seconds, I'm happy. Wolfe is an outstanding wrestler, has a great character, and always cuts great promos. Love this guy, Doug Williams and Magnus as well. I hope he's back sooner as opposed to later, and jumps right into the main event scene.

Will that happen? Doubtful. Wolfe makes it sound as if he has been ready to come back for some time, but those in charge can't find anything for him to do. I don't know if that's true or not, but for this post, I'll assume it is.

I'm not sure how you cannot find something for a guy this talented. It seems like those in charge of TNA aren't all that concerned with talent anymore. This guy has a name already, so we're pushing him, BROTHER. Wolfe isn't the most known guy on the planet, but he could be, if given the opportunity. I really believe he could be a big deal in the wrestling world.

Whatever, not getting my hopes up. Hope he's well, and can't wait to see him again.

If his health is not the issue, then I am stumped! Perhaps TNA and Wolfe were taking great precautions, which I would never blame or fault them for. We can't be mad at Wolfe for protecting himself.

I still think that it comes down to a health issue, whether he or TNA want to admit it.

Doesn't it have to be a health issue?

Why the hell would you allow someone as talented as Wolfe to sit on the sidelines for so long, when he could be a huge contributor to the product. I'm not sure who is dropping the ball here. Is TNA punishing him, or did he do something to royally "f" up?

There has been a big spot left by Jeff Hardy that could have been filled by Wolfe.

I am freaking confused now.

I don't know what's going on, but I think we will see Desmond eventually return to the ring, whether or not that's sooner or later, that remains to be seen.

I think everybody likes Desmond. He's got the look, and the skills both in the ring and on the mic to be a big star in TNA. And I think it's pretty evident TNA knew that too, as his first program was with arguably the best wrestler in the company, Kurt Angle.

TNA clearly has plans to use him, and I think his commissioner role on Xplosion is just temporary. I have no idea what the extent of his injury is but its obviously something more complex than we know. Hopefully Desmond comes back sooner rather than later, because he could be one of the top, if not the top heel in the company.

Well being the comissionner for Xplosion, is the first step towards seeing him back on tv soon. What happenned? was he legit injured to the point he couldn't wrestle, did he f*ck up a la Jeff Hardy, We don't really know what happened, but he has been absent since around the time Sean "X-Pac" Waltman got Hep-C so... . Anyways maybe it was nothing and he is coming back on tv soon.

I loved Desmond's first promo back on Xplosion.

Especially his line about kicking down the door, shutting the window and having a cup of tea!

So very very British.

Les thatcher once told me that Desmond had more "fire in the belly" and worked harder during training than anyone he had ever met.

This is high praise, if you know who les thatcher is.

I miss Desmond. He is a fantastic talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back