• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anone else stepped in a ring to find out how "fake" it is

Don't worry, i'm not a "smark", wrestling is scripted but....

I'm just wondering, anyone stepped into a wrestling ring before to find out if those "fake bumps" really hurt?

well back in the day I used to do backyard wrestling, so used to do a lot of bumps on grass. But i've also been in a ring, and it still hurts.

I was just thinking, guys like Mr Kennedy and Hardcore Holly take painkillers/ performance enhancing drugs. Could this be because wrestling does actually take a real strain rather then none?

of course it takes a strain. The worst injury I picked up was actually reffing in a ring for a weekends worth of events (about 20 matches) and my wrist really hurt! haha

Most wrestlers take pain killers at some point - many have known to become addicted (Kurt Angle, for example) and wrestling undoubtedly takes very real tolls on their bodies; many wrestlers die young. So yes, it takes a very real strain.

yeah those bumps can hurt because your being slammed on a wooden surface. I imagine that it hurts all the more when your doing it everynight like the pro's.

I've felt it which is why I will argue to no end with anyone who says how fake it is. I've had arguments in school with teachers and students that took up the entire period because they said how fake it was. I know it's scripted but I will argue to no end about how "fake" it really is.

"Fakeness" in the name of entertainment still causes people to die. Wrestling really is idiotic when you think of it that way.

well you certainly couldnt with the ease you can with a wrestling ring...so that comparison is pretty weak

depends on how you define "hardness" I suppose, I could probably cut through my kitchen floor with relative ease as its only made out of laminate, that doesnt change the fact that it would hurt like a fucker if some massive bastard decided to chokeslam me onto it.

Its the same with a wrestling ring, just because there is a thin layer of foam on the top that you can cut through, doesnt change the fact that you are essentially being thrown about on wood supported by steel which was my point all along.

depends on how you define "hardness" I suppose, I could probably cut through my kitchen floor with relative ease as its only made out of laminate, that doesnt change the fact that it would hurt like a fucker if some massive bastard decided to chokeslam me onto it.

Its the same with a wrestling ring, just because there is a thin layer of foam on the top that you can cut through, doesnt change the fact that you are essentially being thrown about on wood supported by steel which was my point all along.

Don't take my skepticism as me jumping on the "wrestling is fake" bandwagon, far from it. I understand it hurts, injuries occur etc... But I see some real flaws in this thread...

The reason why you may be able to cut through laminate but the kitchen floor is hard... is believe it or not, because THERE'S CONCRETE UNDER THE LAMINATE!!!1

Also... have you ever noticed how springy a wrestling ring is? Or how there have been many instances where people have come up through the middle of the ring (Abyss, Taker, Kane etc), have taken monster bumps off the top of ladders/cages (Hardys, Angle, Benjamin, HBK etc...) and those who have been put through the ring canvas (Taker, Big Show, Fole, Edge etc...).

I guess none of us know for sure anyway, maybe Disco Inferno can inform us...

The reason why you may be able to cut through laminate but the kitchen floor is hard... is believe it or not, because THERE'S CONCRETE UNDER THE LAMINATE!!!1

Just like there is wood and steel under a wrestling ring you mean. Besides your talking to someone who used to build houses for a living, I know a thing or two about the design lol

Also... have you ever noticed how springy a wrestling ring is? Or how there have been many instances where people have come up through the middle of the ring (Abyss, Taker, Kane etc), have taken monster bumps off the top of ladders/cages (Hardys, Angle, Benjamin, HBK etc...) and those who have been put through the ring canvas (Taker, Big Show, Fole, Edge etc...).

That'd be because of the spring under the ring and you forget that wood does break.

I guess none of us know for sure anyway, maybe Disco Inferno can inform us...

Now theres a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back