• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Angela Fong- Lilian Garcia's Replacement

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Surprised this hasn't come up yet.

I'd like to introduce everyone to WWE's scheduled brand new ring announcer for Raw-- Angela Fong. She is currently the Ring Announcer of FCW.

WWE was reportedly trying to get a singer to do the ring announcing so that she can sing the National Anthem before each of the events, however obviously they were not able to find anyone willing to do it. So instead, we get stuck with Angela Fong from FCW.

This woman is absolutely horrendous. And she is going to be a sad, sad replacement for Lilian Garcia. She has been working Raw House Shows to prepare for the position, and was backstage at Raw this evening.

She is of Asian decent and is attractive, but her voice pattern for ring announcing is terrible. When she is announcing, she sounds like she is on a roller coaster going up a hill and down the hill ... and up the hill and down the hill.

Anyway, here is your brand new Ring Announcer for Raw ... let's hear your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EygWfXN0fB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERECjWlbgts

Angela Fong should not be the Lillian Garcia replacement on Monday Night RAW. She does not have the experience to be apart of the flagship brand as its ring announcer. What the E should have done is rotate the roster to pit Roberts on RAW from SmackDown as his skills are one-of-a-kind & reposition Chimel on SmackDown from ECW as he has loads of experience to pull off the SmackDown role. This leaves ECW open for an announcer where Fong would be used to get her start & gain the experience on mainstream TV & perform in front of the huge live audiences.

Yeah I read this earlier but wasn't sure if it had been confirmed yet or not. I can't say the prospects of this Fong woman excites me. As you said, her voice sounds like a rollercoaster, going up and down. What do you expect though? Do you think Vince really cares about the announcer's voice? No, as long as it's an attractive female, it doesn't matter to him. He's turned the ring announcer into just another eye-candy position, same as he did to female wrestling. Atleast Lillian is extremely talented though abd wasn't just hired for looks (though she is sexy as all heck).

Am I wrong to prefer a male announcer? Honestly, I just think it adds more legitimacy to the match-ups. I hope that doesn't come off as a sexist statement, because I certainly don't mean it to. Shit, what's Michael Buffer doing these days? You can't find a better ring announcer than that.

Might be the video quality, but she sounds like a fuckin' robot. Couldn't Raw find someone better? Lillian would make a better replacement for Jillian than Angela, because...Ms. Fong isn't even nowhere NEAR Jillian's level. She's gonna be painful to hear while she may be good eyecandy, but thank God in heaven for the Mute button.

I hope she bombs up quickly so WWE can find an suitable replacement.

Angela Fong should not be the Lillian Garcia replacement on Monday Night RAW. She does not have the experience to be apart of the flagship brand as its ring announcer. What the E should have done is rotate the roster to pit Roberts on RAW from SmackDown as his skills are one-of-a-kind & reposition Chimel on SmackDown from ECW as he has loads of experience to pull off the SmackDown role. This leaves ECW open for an announcer where Fong would be used to get her start & gain the experience on mainstream TV & perform in front of the huge live audiences.

I agree completely. ECW's no longer the land of Extreme, it's the Land of Building-You-Up, so why not send a rookie announcer there and have an experienced announcer stuck in there?

^^^
LOL. Believe me, it isn't the quality of the video. That is how her voice sounds and that is her voice pattern for ring announcing (like a roller coaster). I have seen her announce in probably at least 20 different FCW clips and she is like that in every one.

It just amazes me that this is the best that WWE can find. Hell, she may be older (probably still looks good though), but I would take Mike McGuirk back any day over Angela Fong. Or they should have just thrown more money at Lilian Garcia. Hell, as much as I feel Howard Finkel's time is up, I know he still does House Shows and he would still make a better replacement than Fong. He would do it in a heartbeat.

It just strikes me as odd that this really is the best that WWE can come up with. Sad part about it, is that she probably thinks she sounds "great" since she is being bumped up to Raw.

Switch the ECW or Smackdown announcer with Angela Fong then I wouldn't have to hear her announcing like a doll since I only watch RAW.

First, I will miss Lilian. Second, Angela will do fine. She has done this for a while at FCW. It does seem a little dissappointing that she has put on some good matches against Rosa but she will not be doing that in the WWE. This does not seem like a permanent situation for Angela, because she worked hard to get in the ring just to be stuck saying other people's names. There just should not be that much criticism for someone that may be the ring announcer. Sorry.

Cody Rhodes America's Dream, WWE's Nightmare

You guys are crazy. She's not bad, she's just ... very average. I'm surprised she's getting the RAW duties with her average abilities, but I hope she gets better and grows because she is cute and I like to see people succeed instead of WANTING THEM TO FAIL! Good Lord, people. Seriously, I hope she improves and ends up doing a really good job.

Honestly I would just promote Justin Roberts up to Raw. He is the best announcer the WWE has to offer and could replace Lillian. I will miss Lillian, she really improved from her younger announcing duties. If you look back at when she first started, she wasn't that good. She has become one of the best, and she is pretty damn good looking too. Angela Fong, yawn! Just give the job to Roberts, move Chimel to SD and let Fong go to ECW.

Oh, Howard Finkel how we miss you so. The Fink is signed with WWE and aint even doing anything on TV. Apparently he's WWE's "chief statistician".

WTF is he doing that for?

We need Finkel back on a regular basis.

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I like Justin Roberts too. Tony Chimel aint that bad either, but Justin Roberts does a good job IMO. A complete switch-around is a necessity, bringing Roberts or Chimel to Raw or Smackdown, and putting this Fong girl on ECW.

i think she is bad.but not terrible as some people say.i really could careless for a new ring announcer. as much as i will miss Lillian, i think Fong will do just fine.theres always room for improvement.she hasent even made her raw debut yet and half of you guys are already bad mouthing her. i saw who cares.it takes her 10 seconds to announce a wrestlers name and such.so i really dont care.

Honestly, i was never enthralled with Lillian. I think she was an overrated announcer (but a great singer), and overrated in the looks department as well.

Angela Fong will quickly adjust i'm guessing. Plus she is a nice piece of eye candy. I'd rather her go to Smackdown, only because i enjoy it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back