Anderson & Gallows

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
I'll admit, i was way past excited when gallows and Anderson signed with wwe. And even more excited when they came straight to the main roster and inserted in AJ's storyline. ALL because I'm a huge AJ Styles fan. I've followed him literally all over the world to watch him (which was awesome and once in a lifetime thing). But I never knew much about gallows and Anderson. I was excited to see them in wwe only based on their history with Styles. But after watching them since then I can't help but wonder, if they weren't "the club" and with AJ, would gallows and Anderson be relevant?? To me they seem bleh...boring and just look like they don't feel like they belong.

Is it just me or are they maybe overrated?

I have followed Styles since his days with TNA. I understand your feelings on Styles qs for Gallows & Anderson there both really good guys. I think them being paired with AJ right off the bat was a good & bad thing. With these two it comes down to booking plus, also the fact that people are looking foward to them working with Balor due to there history in Japan which is deeper then Styles.

All I'm gonna say is, give it time!
The reason in my opinion you haven't been able to fully enjoy Gallows and Anderson is because of the feud they've been thrown into involving one of the stalest tag teams around at the moment in the form of The Usos. Now that Styles/Reigns is finished, The Club move on to more interesting stories. I'm interested to see what they do next and who they target. I would LOVE a New Day/Club feud but that seems unlikely.

I think they need to expand The Club anyway despite what others said on a thread I posted a while back.

I definitely see where you're coming from, they definitely have seemed "bleh" but I am 99% sure that is the fault of WWE Creative and 1% (at most) the fault of Anderson and Gallows. They are two talented guys who can go in the ring but if WWE Creative does nothing for them besides make them look like AJ Styles' lackeys, then they will ultimately become nothing more than AJ Styles' lackeys. That's exactly what they look like now.

WWE has proven that they know how to protect and build factions (The Shield). They have also proven that they can get ahead of themselves and lose themselves and the fans with over-booking (The Nexus). I guess we'll just have to wait and see which one happens to "The Club", but regardless of the result just know that in the end it doesn't necessarily matter what Anderson and Gallows bring to the table: the creative team has failed many talented guys for years now (I miss you Cody) but sometimes they actually get it right (welcome back Seth).

As of right now, the focus of Anderson & Gallows has been their shared past with AJ Styles in New Japan. Now that Styles' feud with Reigns looks to be over, I'd say WWE will start to flesh out their characters and who they are apart from their connection with Styles. It's gonna take a little bit of time and probably won't start until next week or in the coming weeks as the focus right now are on the MITB qualifiers.

Anderson & Gallows are a good tag team, but they're not these ultimate paragons of tag team wrestling like many marks of Japanese wrestling have been proclaiming over the past few years. Don't get me wrong, they're both good wrestlers and I've little doubt that they'll be a success in WWE, but fans of New Japan and dirt sheet writers like Dave Meltzer have exaggerated about these guys so much, as they have with so many guys on the New Japan rster, as someone who sets completely new standards who do things that nobody else can do and that's just simply not the case whatsoever. Again, I'm not saying that they're bad wrestlers or that New Japan doesn't have a roster full of great wrestlers, but don't let Meltzer and his drones fool you into thinking that these guys are just flat out so much better than anyone else out there because they're not.

They officially aren't just Styles lackeys anymore. Now is the time to start leading into Balor's inclusion. They need to show their dominance in the tag team division and eventually take out New Day. Anderson is a really good talker and a pretty good wrestler. Gallows is a huge man and a decent wrestler.

I think that Gallows and Anderson are a really good team at in-ring work. They have just ended their feud with the Reigns' family and also parted ways with AJ Styles.

A feud with The New Day could be good too just to see how they mesh up with each other's wrestling styles.

I can't judge them by just one feud, I would give them time until atleast Summerslam. I hope that they don't end up with The Usos and The Ascension at the bottom of my priority list.

D.O.C. Gallows and Machine Gun Anderson are awesome! Too bad WWE Creative sucks and have no clue how to book them. Have them job to the Uso's was downright criminal. SMH.

Gallows and Anderson should've came in and knocked off those boring buffons The New Day. Then have them squash Enzo & Caz, Vad Villians, and the other trash from NXT.

I'll admit, i was way past excited when gallows and Anderson signed with wwe. And even more excited when they came straight to the main roster and inserted in AJ's storyline. ALL because I'm a huge AJ Styles fan. I've followed him literally all over the world to watch him (which was awesome and once in a lifetime thing). But I never knew much about gallows and Anderson. I was excited to see them in wwe only based on their history with Styles. But after watching them since then I can't help but wonder, if they weren't "the club" and with AJ, would gallows and Anderson be relevant?? To me they seem bleh...boring and just look like they don't feel like they belong.

Is it just me or are they maybe overrated?

I don't think they'd be relevant without AJ. I don't think the casual WWE audience is familar with Bullet Club.

At first I was a little surprised that they lost so soon after their debut, but then I remember Gallows previous three incarnations in the company and how quickly WWE cast him aside. They exist to help Styles and Balor get over on the main roster. Styles already is and doesn't need them, so I guess that's why they've gone their separate ways.

I don't know about anyone else but I still view Gallows as.....

images

.....if he can survive in WWE after that horrible gimmick than anything is possible. I haven't seen anything special with these two yet. They remind me of the boring Dudley Boys in a way.

I hope they pick up now that the Usos are done.Right now they do seseem like lackeys and nothing more. I see punches and kicks mainly. I mean they aligned with AJ so I'm gonna cheer for them regardless.

Remember this is the WWE so they can't do half the stuff that they did in Japan and indies I just hope that they are allowed a run with the tag team championships.

Remember this is the WWE so they can't do half the stuff that they did in Japan and indies I just hope that they are allowed a run with the tag team championships.
Why can't they? Other than grotesquely over using moves (super kicks) or devaluing other people's finish earlier in the show, I've seen very little merit to the IWC claim that WWE tones guys down. They may teach them to sell, pace, and tell a story. Which are all good things, especially over the course of a show. I mean, has Owens (other than the very dangerous package piledriver), Zayn, Styles, or Neville been REALLY toned down? Did CM Punk or Bryan change their styles?

The answer is no. Not in a noticeable way. Punk dropped the Pepsi plunge (devaluing of finishers) and Bryan adapted his move set to deal with a bigger roster. That's it.

I love the WWE and I do not care what anyone says, I have been watching WWE for about 25 years. I know the writing is not the greatest but the talent is awesome. I do not know much about the other wrestling like Japan but here is the question why does everyone want to come to WWE.
Now to the question I do not see much with Anderson and Gallows they are boring, but maybe it is the writing and maybe it is just them. Once they start a new storyline lets see how they do, they will not be with Finn just yet. I would add another guy or two and have them feud with the Wyatt's once they are healthy.

I think they should have waited a little while longer to debut them on the main roster. Balor isn't ready to move up yet, they need him in NXT right now till Nakamura gets more comfortable.

Gallows and Anderson could have started off in NXT and came up with him around the brand split, which is when I believe we'll see Balor on the main roster. The feud with the Uso's was utter garbage and the Bullet Club shouldn't be losing matches to them. I guess they needed someone for the Reigns/Styles feud though and in a way Gallows and Anderson had to be used. Styles really didn't need them, it was more for Reigns benefit than anyone else's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back