Anderson Anderson (Is There an Echo In Here?)!

He was/is a pretty much one trick pony character and the trick gets stale real quick. He flip flopped from heel to face to heel to face etc so many times in TNA you never knew what the hell was going on with him.

He's a glorified midcarder. His last TNA WHC run was boring. He's small, physically average and not that entertaining of a wrestler. I don't know who his fanbase is, but I'm not part of it.

I think that he's rehabbing okay, but not physically. The Anderson character has always been about being World Champion but the title scene doesn't require his services at the moment. As such, I believe they have just decided that giving a character, whose biggest criticism is over saturation, a complete break which could be exactly what he needs.

Taking the last IW as a guide, we have Bobby Roode, James Storm, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle and Bully Ray operating around the gold belt. If these guys are given a decent period to work and not rushed through storylines (and indications look good, if the AJ start to Roode's reign is indicative), then a returning Ken could actually feel like a new signing.

TNA's midcard is confusing, mainly because the heavyweight midcard belt is held by a comedy character who should be operating in the XDivision, so placing Anderson in it just to give him air time could kill off any star power he possesses.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, just look at the interest in the Undertaker and (until recently) Y2J. Hopefully, out of sight doesn't necessarily mean out of (TNA creative's) mind.

I think creative just doesn't have anything for him right now. Lets go back to what happen when he won the TNA world title, everybody cared right?? He didn't even hold the title that long but when he won it the second time we all realize he just not championship material at all.

I am sure he sells a lot of merchandise, but i am not sure if that is true or not. His gimmick got over with the fans, but it wasn't until he just over-do it on every episode of impact. He is responsible for getting his gimmick over and look where it got him. The best feud he had that i can remember is when he was a heel and feuding with Kurt Angle and that was in what 2010?

This guy went from face to heel back and forth how many times in one year?? It was like they had no clue what to do with him. I always thought he was better as a heel and boring as a face, but either way he just got boring. The only catch phrase got him over but it got boring after a while. I don't think anybody wants to see him become world champion, he just boring. He might as well go for the tv title since they always treated it as a joke.

I think right now he waiting for creative to give him something to do because right now there is nothing for him and he might as well change the gimmick. The Asshole gimmick is just not working for him now

unlike most people here i actullay enjoy watching Mr.Anderson...Anderson on IW i think its just a problem of creative doesnt have anything for him right now or maybe he requested time off? :shrug: either way i hope to see him back soon i love his A**hole gimmick hes gold with it and personally i loved his fueds with angle & sting but i think when hes back have him take the tv title off robbie e and make it be taken seriously with guys like bully ray,abyss,shannon moore and aries once hes past the x divison in the title picture...you could also always throw daniels,kaz and aj into the tv title picture as well

Anderson is recovering rfrom injuries, most notably getting over the ongoing troubles of a concussion suffered from a chair shot a couple of months ago. On return, expect him to feud with Bobby Roode

F4WOnline.com is reporting that TNA's creative team has nothing for Anderson at the moment, and that that explains his recent absence from television the last few weeks.

This from the main page:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/248155-report-why-mr-anderson-is-not-appearing-on-tna-tv

As most have noticed, TNA Impact Wrestling star Ken Anderson has not appeared on TNA TV since the November 15th, 2011 edition of Impact Wrestling.

To update his status with the company, F4WOnline.com is reporting that the reason why Anderson has not appeared in any capacity for TNA since November is because the creative team reportedly has nothing for him right now.

More on this story as it continues to develop.

One could argue the reason creative has nothing for Anderson is that they've pretty much used up every scenario for him in the past two years.

He's gone through being a Face, Heel and Tweener so many times people have lost count. He's fueded with Immortal, joined Immortal and was kicked out, he's fueded with pretty much every main event name (Angle, Sting, Hardy etc) he's fueded over the world title a lot, he's even won it a few times.

Some time off would be good because he's stale, if he was around now he'd essentially be re-hashing what he's already done.

I lost interest in him(Anderson) when the feud between him and The Pope went nowhere. Not to mention his recycled character from WWE. To be perfectly honest I don't think there's a place for him in TNA and i don't see this lack of exposure as a build up to something big for him. TNA rushed promoting RVD as well and we all saw how well that has turned out in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back