Anderson Anderson (Is There an Echo In Here?)!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Our former TNA World Heavyweight Champion has now been downgraded to video game-playing backstage segment guy who only wrestles in group outings once every three-to-four weeks? What's going on here?

I get that a lot of people are down on him and the company may be to an extent with how much they pushed him to real benefit in the ratings, but why bail on the guy this hard and this quickly? RVD was another guy they did this with, and I don't quite get why. I realize there's limited room in the main event, but I'm not really asking for him to remain a part of the main event, just in the upper-mid card where he belongs.

Maybe he's busy doing outside ventures or something I'm totally unaware of, but there's been far too little of Mr. Anderson in TNA of late IMO and while I could probably due without having to hear him introduce himself every time, he's still a great mid-card wrestler who can put on very solid mid-card bouts/feuds and add to the depth of any PPV.

You can find a way to get Devon back on television but Anderson is relegated to wearing Packers' jerseys and playing Madden in the back? Come on...

This is one of the biggest issues TNA has and it's really not something that is their fault: their roster is WAY too big for just two hours a week. You'll see this very commonly in TNA: a story starts or a guy seems to be getting a push, then he'll just stop appearing or they'll pick up the story a month later. You can look at the tag division for this quite often. Mexican America and Ink Inc had a feud over MexAm injuring I think Jesse Neal and it wasn't mentioned on TV for like 4 months. There simply wasn't time to use them.

Look at D-Von and Pope for another example. This story has been going on since like June and it's just now developing. The key though is there are month long periods where they might get two minutes combined on TV and you can't advance a story like that. People are going to forget what led up to that and you have to start over again.

This is what happened to Anderson I think. It's such a revolving door for TV time and there's not much that can be done about it, since for some reason TNA refuses to promote Xplosion or use it as their second show. The other issue is stuff like time management where you have four or five segments with the same people (begin coughing, Garrett Bischoff, end of coughing). I think this is what happened to Anderson: they just don't have the time for him and he's been squeezed out. A few weeks will pass and someone else will get squeezed out and he'll come back in.

I thought KB brought up a good point about the use of television time. I've also noticed that, at times, TNA sometimes puts angles & storylines on hold for a while in order to sometimes put more focus on something else before bringing more focus on those angles & storylines several weeks later as if nothing happened. As a result, it can be quite a long time before some guys are seen on a regular or even relevant basis.

It's true that TNA does have a big roster, maybe even too big considering how much time they have to devote. Anderson might just be the latest victim of this rotation as we've seen it in the past with Mexican America, Ink Inc., Kazarian, Daniels, Samoa Joe, MCMGs, The Pope, Suicide, Amazing Red and so on and so forth.

Anderson's time as TNA WHC, along with Alberto Del Rio's runs as WWE Champion, might be the biggest main event flop we've seen since Jack Swagger won the World Heavyweight Championship. When you look back over Anderson's time as the top guy, it just flat out looks like TNA just suddenly lost faith or interest in him. Anderson does bring a lot on the mic, often much better in my view when he doesn't try to rely on jokes like the ones my friends and I used to tell back in homeroom, and he's solid inside the ring. Like other talents on the roster that aren't really being used, Anderson could contribute to the company.

I think his stock as a main eventer is shot for the time being. Not that he couldn't be built back up, of course, but I don't really see or hear droves of people clamoring for Anderson to be put back in the main event spot as I did before he finally got there. Anderson might also just be shit outta luck for a while not only because he's probably not going to be near the main event picture for a while, but the mid-card scene isn't all that viable right now either. I don't really see Anderson fitting in with the X Division, though his presence wouldn't hurt it in my view, but TNA is insistent on the X Division now being exclusively to cruiserweights. Anderson could always drop 10 or 15 pounds but I just don't see this being a direction TNA would go with him. As for the Television Championship picture...well the two top guys in that picture are a Jersey Shore reject and a guy with "brain damage". Either area would be a step down for Anderson, but he could be useful to either if he was allowed to be.

This is one of TNA's biggest problems, they have alot of talent, but dont seem to know what to do with it. i mean, they had RVD feud with Daniels, they have the TV title being a comedy title with a guy who no one seems to care about has it, but Anderson is off TV. in my book, they should take the TV title off Robbie E. ASAP and give it to a guy like an RVD or Mr. Anderson and let the champion feud with guys like Bully Ray, Daniels or other heels.

I don't buy Anderson as a main event level wrestler, I can't see him ever being a guy who is a legitimate threat to the title and someone TNA could have as champion. He just simply hasnt progressed in the way we all thought he would.

However, he is still a decent talent and a pretty big name. After Robbie E and Eric Young finish up their feud for the TV title, I wouldnt be against seeing Anderson challenge for the belt, and bring some name value back to the TV title. He would be a pretty good TV champion in my eyes, and could use a decent run with the belt to get some momentum back, benefitting both him and the currently non-existant prestige of the TV title.

I am pretty certain more people would want to see Mr Anderson as TV champion that want to see Young or E scrapping for the title.

KB summed it up well, there's just too much talent on the roster. So many wrestlers on this roster have been in the same boat. Matt Morgan, Pope, Hernandez, RVD, Samoa Joe, hell even Kazarian had some heavyweight championship matches, and they all have fallen off from main eventing. They either need to get another show, cut some of the talent, or just keep doing what they're doing. I don't think they product is half bad these days. Sure, I have my complaints, but they keep finding ways to make it interesting.

Echoing the sentiments of those who want to see him with the TV title. Maybe they think it would damage him to drop "down" to that level but really it wouldn't be hard to write him up a story for why he is now chasing the TV title, and he obviously has the mic skills to make it work.

Really there's a bunch of guys who should be in that TV title picture who get lost in the shuffle. The guys who are or were main eventers but now are out of the main event scene so they disappear or are on once a month. We could have RVD and Daniels feuding over the TV title, but noooo, we need EY and Robbie E apparently. I don't even hate either of those guys, in fact I like Robbie E unlike most people.

Just like KB said, the roster is too big to fill a lot of storylines in one show. I think what happen to Anderson is that after he won the TNA world title, fans didn't seems to care like they did the first time he won the title because some of the fans realize that he doesn't look like a championship material to them. Part of it is Anderson's fault because of the kind of promos he was doing on impact and the way he carried his character and I don't blame the fans.

I am not sure how he doing with Merchandise sales because correct me if am wrong, isn't Jeff hardy the top selling Merchandise for TNA?? If i was in charge with TNA, I don't know what storyline I would put him in, but I think I would get him involve with the TV title so that the belt can mean something important instead of giving to guys that the fans can't take seriously. Now we hear fans say focus on the TNA originals, but nobody is talking about Anderson and hear some say he just boring. He had a good gimmick, got over with the fans then he just overdo the "Asshole" gimmick to the point till the fans didn't find him interesting like they have before

Our former TNA World Heavyweight Champion has now been downgraded to video game-playing backstage segment guy who only wrestles in group outings once every three-to-four weeks? What's going on here?

I get that a lot of people are down on him and the company may be to an extent with how much they pushed him to real benefit in the ratings, but why bail on the guy this hard and this quickly? RVD was another guy they did this with, and I don't quite get why. I realize there's limited room in the main event, but I'm not really asking for him to remain a part of the main event, just in the upper-mid card where he belongs.

Maybe he's busy doing outside ventures or something I'm totally unaware of, but there's been far too little of Mr. Anderson in TNA of late IMO and while I could probably due without having to hear him introduce himself every time, he's still a great mid-card wrestler who can put on very solid mid-card bouts/feuds and add to the depth of any PPV.

You can find a way to get Devon back on television but Anderson is relegated to wearing Packers' jerseys and playing Madden in the back? Come on...

Is Anderson one of the top selling Merchandise for TNA???

I don't really think there is a place for him right now. His mic work while liked by others is considered annoying by fellas such as yours truly. I dug him when he came in, he was passionate and fired up, but then he started coasting. He's trying WAY too hard to crack jokes, make people laugh, do his thing, that he forgets that a wrestling promo has to have real content pertaining to the match.

When it comes to Anderson in the ring I'm having a HARD time putting my finger on what made him so fucking special in the first place. He's lanky, seems like he can't keep his ballance, his finisher looks horrible every time and he has no memorable awesome moves.

His look is crappy as well. He can't put on any muscle and that's fine, but he still has the skinny fat guy syndrome.

I don't know, he seems to be smack dab in the middle of an identity crisis. I think he needs a total reboot, get a bit more serious and stop acting like a jackass all the time. Keep your humor but don't hang your entire repertoire on it.

Someone mentioned RVD still being used, and while RVD is boring as fuck on the mic the guy can still put on a good match and give you some memorable moments from a Pay-Per-View. Can Anderson do that?

In the end, I think it's the whole "Tweener" thing that's fucking him up. I found myself more satisfied with his heel performances. He can't work face right.

I don't know, something's missing and I don't blame management.

I don't really think there is a place for him right now. His mic work while liked by others is considered annoying by fellas such as yours truly. I dug him when he came in, he was passionate and fired up, but then he started coasting. He's trying WAY too hard to crack jokes, make people laugh, do his thing, that he forgets that a wrestling promo has to have real content pertaining to the match.

When it comes to Anderson in the ring I'm having a HARD time putting my finger on what made him so fucking special in the first place. He's lanky, seems like he can't keep his ballance, his finisher looks horrible every time and he has no memorable awesome moves.

His look is crappy as well. He can't put on any muscle and that's fine, but he still has the skinny fat guy syndrome.

I don't know, he seems to be smack dab in the middle of an identity crisis. I think he needs a total reboot, get a bit more serious and stop acting like a jackass all the time. Keep your humor but don't hang your entire repertoire on it.

Someone mentioned RVD still being used, and while RVD is boring as fuck on the mic the guy can still put on a good match and give you some memorable moments from a Pay-Per-View. Can Anderson do that?

In the end, I think it's the whole "Tweener" thing that's fucking him up. I found myself more satisfied with his heel performances. He can't work face right.

I don't know, something's missing and I don't blame management.

see even you brought that up about the whole tweener thing, that is what messes him up. To me he was trying too hard in his promos to be funny when he really sounds like an idiot and a jackass. Anderson can't wrestle that good in the ring. He needs to be in the ring with somebody who can make him look good and cover up his weakness

I think some people are overlooking an obvious explanation as to the lack of effective usage of Ken Anderson. Simply put, the guy isn't that good. His in ring work is average at best. His mic work was good but it has become so redundant, such a repetitive rehash of the same old same old that it has worn thin in TNA just in the same manner as it did for Mr. Kennedy in WWE. He isn't in the main event picture because he isn't good enough to be. His risk far exceeds his reward. At the end of the day, if TNA are truly headed in a new direction, with younger talent and homegrown originals, Anderson will remain on the outside looking in.

As a former WWE guy, they probably had high hopes for him, but just like in WWE, he is unable to back it up. I don't see Mr. Anderson....Anderson anywhere near the main event picture in TNA anytime soon. Sure, I guess he could be doing something more significant in the mid card, but I have to wonder how content he will continue to be, languishing in the mid card in TNA. He may be just as content to phone it in for a while, hoping that someone from elsewhere comes calling again.

I'll bring it up because it hasn't been mentioned yet, TNA might be simply reinvigorating the character. For a long, long, long time Ken revolved around the World Title scene and his character was doing the face / heel lop WAY too regularly.

To me, the occasional viewing of Anderson in a multiperson or back stage segment keeps him in the public awareness and open for a return. I can see his initial 'return' being as part of this Tag Team storyline were his duo will have a medium term run and he'll come out of this with a midcard feud that'll probably be designed to return him more towards the main event again.

Having a good sized roster can be a good thing, a 'name' like Anderson, RVD or Angle can be given a rest without a major impact on the overall storylines or direction of the company.

Yea I've been wondering where Mr Anderson is as well. He should be a permanent fixture in the main event IMO. I really don't know why he wasn't given a decent chance as World Champion, as he was clearly the most over guy on the show. He did lose a bit of direction but the fans were still behind him and now suddenly it seems like he's almost dissapeared. Perhaps, as mentioned above, TNA are trying to rejuvinate the character and that's why he's not being featured? I hope that's the reason. Anderson is one of the most interesting guys on the roster, IMO, and I'm hoping to see him back in a prominant role pretty sharpish. The show needs him.

I seriously can't remember the last time he was on TV. I mentioned his absence to my brother while watching Impact, and we both thought how strange it was that a talented guy like Anderson, a former World Champion and a regular of the main event in TNA, was simply gone with no mention of him. I know TNA can only do so many storylines at one time, and I'm sure they're thinking of things for him to do, but leaving him off TV for this long is just weird. I like the guy, so I'd like to see something done with him, even if it is just playing-video-games-backstage-guy.

I think some people are overlooking an obvious explanation as to the lack of effective usage of Ken Anderson. Simply put, the guy isn't that good. His in ring work is average at best. His mic work was good but it has become so redundant, such a repetitive rehash of the same old same old that it has worn thin in TNA just in the same manner as it did for Mr. Kennedy in WWE. He isn't in the main event picture because he isn't good enough to be. His risk far exceeds his reward. At the end of the day, if TNA are truly headed in a new direction, with younger talent and homegrown originals, Anderson will remain on the outside looking in.

As a former WWE guy, they probably had high hopes for him, but just like in WWE, he is unable to back it up. I don't see Mr. Anderson....Anderson anywhere near the main event picture in TNA anytime soon. Sure, I guess he could be doing something more significant in the mid card, but I have to wonder how content he will continue to be, languishing in the mid card in TNA. He may be just as content to phone it in for a while, hoping that someone from elsewhere comes calling again.

That's a fair point. I think his push in the WWE made us all perceive him as a great wrestler with a bright future. Hey, that's what he was booked as. He had charisma and mic skills and that's a rare quality these days.

But then he started lacking in all areas shortly before his release and during his time in TNA. It became more apparent that the dude kind of ... sucks. Well maybe that's a bit harsh, but he's not as good as WWE made him out to be, and TNA eventually. Which is actually what WWE does, by the way. Pushing a dude to a position on the roster that doesn't match his overall quality. All the glitter, the promos, the music and the pyro, however, help sustain that image.

Then this dude goes to TNA, the fluff is gone and we're left with what he's really made of. In Anderson's case it's hype. Sure he has qualities, but these qualities would make him a sweet mid-carder, not a Main Eventer.

I think you have two options...get him involved in a tag team, or have him turn heel and interfere in Hardy's matches with Roode, costing him his shot at the title. The guy's good, and if they can find tv time for Anarchia...they can find time for Anderson.

I think you have two options...get him involved in a tag team, or have him turn heel and interfere in Hardy's matches with Roode, costing him his shot at the title. The guy's good, and if they can find tv time for Anarchia...they can find time for Anderson.

Part of the problem with Mr Anderson and to some extent Impact Wrestling is constant turns, mostly without any reason. His gimmick is that he's an asshole, he doesn't have to turn heel to justify anything he does in the ring. Mr. Anderson couldn't stick with one alignment for too long at any stretch with the final straw being his involvement with Immortal. Mr. Anderson is a badly damaged character now who can't get people to care about him, during Turning Point the fans started chanting for Scott Steiner to frankenstein him. Nothing about this incarnation of Anderson resembles the talented guy from a year ago who looked like he had such promise in IW, sure he seemingly lost most of his fire but rest assured IWs booking of Anderson especially during his title runs was suspect. He'll need to flounder to flourish, work where they need him and regain that spark.

Part of the problem with Mr Anderson and to some extent Impact Wrestling is constant turns, mostly without any reason. His gimmick is that he's an asshole, he doesn't have to turn heel to justify anything he does in the ring. Mr. Anderson couldn't stick with one alignment for too long at any stretch with the final straw being his involvement with Immortal. Mr. Anderson is a badly damaged character now who can't get people to care about him, during Turning Point the fans started chanting for Scott Steiner to frankenstein him. Nothing about this incarnation of Anderson resembles the talented guy from a year ago who looked like he had such promise in IW, sure he seemingly lost most of his fire but rest assured IWs booking of Anderson especially during his title runs was suspect. He'll need to flounder to flourish, work where they need him and regain that spark.

see Anderson did this to himself. he went all out with his character, now we don't hear anybody talking about putting the title back on him, or what he been doing lately because people just don't care about the guy. I wonder how he is doing on Merchandise sells because I know that Jeff hardy is probably one of TNA's top merchandise sellers, but what about Anderson? They might as well get him to tone down the Asshole gimmick because he just ran it into the wall with it or repackage him to get the fans to care about him. I am not sure what's going to happen in 2012 for Anderson because let's face it, like everybody else is saying he just not that good

I don't think he's as bad as some of you are making him out to be. Yes, he's always been very stiff and almost robotic in the ring. That's always needed work. But he could at one point do some very good things on the mic. He did overplay the asshole thing for awhile though. And I think one of the biggest reasons he's seemed to lose his spark lately is it seems like he just doesn't care anymore. Like he just mails in his performances. He's said before he didn't seem himself doing this for much longer. Maybe he's already checked out and is only sticking around to do his segment and collect a paycheck...

Anderson is one of the best things that TNA has going at the moment and despite what some of you IWC marks think he is actually very good at what he does. You say he's annoying but the thing is he's meant to be annoying, he's an asshole, and people like his overacting. If you need proof just look at the ratings, any segment that has Anderson in it always does better ratings that the rest of the show.

Well, it's been several weeks (November?) with no Mr. Anderson on Impact Wrestling. Personally, I'd rather see him challenge Bobby Roode for the Heavyweight title than Jeff Hardy. Maybe he asked TNA management for a break from it all or they're just keeping him off tv for the time being. Anyone that's followed him on twitter for any length of time can tell he has other passions. (Acting) I guess I can't blame the guy for doing what makes him happy. At the same time, I miss seeing one of my favorite wrestlers on TV. It's a shame that both of his World title reigns got cut short while a guy with a history of drug problems got a 3 month reign and is currently the number one contender. (I know Jeff is one of the most over faces IW has, but I'm not really convinced he's past all of his demons.) If Anderson is done with Impact Wrestling, they really didn't do a very good job of writing him out of the storylines. (Wasn't his last appearance in an elimination tag?)

Well, it's been several weeks (November?) with no Mr. Anderson on Impact Wrestling. Personally, I'd rather see him challenge Bobby Roode for the Heavyweight title than Jeff Hardy. Maybe he asked TNA management for a break from it all or they're just keeping him off tv for the time being. Anyone that's followed him on twitter for any length of time can tell he has other passions. (Acting) I guess I can't blame the guy for doing what makes him happy. At the same time, I miss seeing one of my favorite wrestlers on TV. It's a shame that both of his World title reigns got cut short while a guy with a history of drug problems got a 3 month reign and is currently the number one contender. (I know Jeff is one of the most over faces IW has, but I'm not really convinced he's past all of his demons.) If Anderson is done with Impact Wrestling, they really didn't do a very good job of writing him out of the storylines. (Wasn't his last appearance in an elimination tag?)

wow that's how long the kept him off of TV wow. I think it was around November was the last time Anderson was on tv. Remember who is in charge of creative team. Bruce Prichard probably has no idea what to do with Anderson i mean who knows. It seems like they just can't fit Anderson in a storyline right now. I am not sure if the fans want to see him in the title picture any time soon

I noticed that recently there was no Mr Anderson on tv. Does anyone know why?

Also I would like to ask your opinion about what TNA should do with Mr Anderson? Should he be a heel, a face, or should chase a WHT?

Like most guys who came from WWE they don't use him as well as they could. He is just taking time off though. He is constantly injured so I wouldn't be surprised if he is rehabbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back