And the NEW NXT Tag Team Champions!!!

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
In a shocking upset victory on NXT, Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy scored the pin fall to become the NEW Tag Team Champions. Just three weeks ago, Blake and Murphy were considered "jobbers" and now they're champions. Oh how quickly life can change in just 3 seconds...

Seriously though, this has to be one of the most shocking title changes I've ever seen. There wasn't much build to it, and the two kind of came out of nowhere. Even still, I loved it. It's a good kind of surprise.

Probably that's the key behind the Success of the show. They should provide enough surprises with some highly potential guys! That's what lacking in WWE main roster shows. Most matches and results are predictable.

But anyhow congrats to the New NXT tag champions. Hope they have a good title run!

Cheers!!

The NXT titles *usually* change in advance of the former champions moving up to the main roster. The tag division in WWE is rapidly becoming stale, and with the likely splits of Goldust/Stardust and Miz/Mizdow soon, plus the fact Sin Cara has been getting tv and ppv time recently, I'd say the Lucha Dragons will be called up soon, perhaps the night after Wrestlemania (as that's the peak time for 'new blood')

If that's the case, then I can see Murphy and Blake having a somewhat decent reign as champions. I don't see Vaudevillains getting the titles off of them, nor do I see Sin Cara & Kalisto regaining them, though I wouldn't mind it. I actually love the Lucha Dragons. I would also like to see more character development within the new champions. It certainly would help us get to know who they are.

All I know right now is that Edge has been very high up on them, so maybe there's a reason for that.

It just felt kind of awkward to me. They had one win before the title match, and then they won the titles. I get that a lot of the people down there behind the scenes think they're both very good, and they are both good, but I just haven't seen enough from them to buy into it yet. Hopefully they can prove me wrong. I think they can.

I think the lucha dragons will be getting called up very soon. Vince is big on having hispanic wrestlers so they can help bring in the latino crowds. I was reading a few months back that vince wanted kalisto on the main roster with del rio and mysterio leaving

Yup, pretty nice swerve. I'm not still sold on Blakemurphy though, let's see how they do as champions (honestly I'm sorta of expecting to see the ascension being sent back to nxt and squashing them next wednesday :p)

I really like these guys, but it was a surprise to see them get the belts so fast. I hope something good is done with them to follow this up.

Now if only The Mechanics could get TV time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back