An Original Idea for TNA That May Work

wrestlingfanusa

Occasional Pre-Show
ok guys i had a brillant idea for tna. My idea for them is simply to bring back a forgotten bout tournament and tweak it a bit. Which one would they bring back u ask? My idea would be they bring back the brawl for all, only they would tweak it to make it mma rules im guessing they could/should use the ring still though. My idea would be they would do a crossover promotion with a Mma organization and fight one of there champions at bound for glory, kinda like when bart gunn fought butterbean. It would be shoot style rules no winner predetermined the toughest man gets a mma fight at bound for glory. Now why do a tournament like this? Its actually quite simple wwe is way bigger than tna so why not do something wwe hasnt done yet? Tna would do the first cross promotional match with a mma organization and the superstar for tna who was in it would be more well known as well as tna. Wat does everyone think of that and i used punctuation so please do not bitch bout it

If they incorporate anything that involves mma I'll be done with TNA. I don't like mma, and I don't want to see anything involving mma in a wrestling show. Just my opinion.

well i do agree its boring and i like wrestling way better but wat bout when shamrock was there in wwe, the lions den match wasnt that bad now was it? My opinion and idea of the thread is that tna wouldnt be stealing a idea. For once tna would get alot of exposure, and imagine wat it would do for tna. Besides im sure it would help out a upstart mma promotion, and just imagine wat it can do for a tna superstar to say they had a match with a mma champion. Plus u gotta think tna could say they did it before wwe did it, although im a fan of both wwe and tna i want to see them get bigger and succeed.

Tna already tried mma thing with Jeff Jarret and his exhibitions not that long ago. People did not like that. Otherwise, they would try to continue and extend this idea.

First, you havn't used punctuation correctly. Secondly, you need to look at your grammar. Thirdly, if I wanted to watch MMA, i'd watch MMA. I don't, so I won't, which means i'm really not keen on the idea.

Sorry.

Selby

ok guys i had a brillant idea for tna. My idea for them is simply to bring back a forgotten bout tournament and tweak it a bit. Which one would they bring back u ask? My idea would be they bring back the brawl for all, only they would tweak it to make it mma rules im guessing they could/should use the ring still though. My idea would be they would do a crossover promotion with a Mma organization and fight one of there champions at bound for glory, kinda like when bart gunn fought butterbean. It would be shoot style rules no winner predetermined the toughest man gets a mma fight at bound for glory. Now why do a tournament like this? Its actually quite simple wwe is way bigger than tna so why not do something wwe hasnt done yet? Tna would do the first cross promotional match with a mma organization and the superstar for tna who was in it would be more well known as well as tna. Wat does everyone think of that and i used punctuation so please do not bitch bout it

Glad to see you found the punctuation marks on your CPU.

DO you think Dana White is going to let Lesnar, Silva or St. Pierre step inside a wrestling ring? And even if he did do you think it would really be with TNA and not WWE?

Oh right your other idea is use an upstart MMA promotion which has little to no name recognition. The MMA promotion might as well send in Shamrock or Dan Severn for the fight. Really not smart for anybody involved.

A lot of wrestling fans don't like UFC. Myself included. I don't get what the deal is and that's that. If I ever see something UFC related or even a real fight on a pro wrestling show I'll be done with the company which did that at the drop of a fucking hat.

Fuck UFC. Keep pro wrestling away from UFC and UFC from pro wrestling. Two completely different concepts which work well because they're completely different.

No, just no - the Brawl For All was one of the worst concepts ever and effectively ended the wrestling careers of several guys. Face facts, the vast majority of wrestlers are not genuine hard men and even those that are have little chance in a style that they don't practice. Even kayfabe matches rarely work, did you not witness the cluster that was AJ Styles versus Frank Tribb? Most MMA guys that have attempted to wrestle have stunk arenas out and the only storylines that have gotten any critical acclaim have either featured the incredibly small amount of guys who can realistically work a hybrid match (Kurt versus Brock, Kurt versus Joe) or it was done for comedic effect (Kurt versus JJ).

Pure and simple, the rule of thumb is that wrestlers can't do real fighting and real fighters cannot do kayfabe fighting.

MMA fans want real fights.
Wrestling fans want wrestling.

These 2 really don't mix as good as people want them to.

I don't like the idea at all, but I understand how you landed on this line of thinking. People like MMA. People like pro wrestling. Some people like both. If we combine them, maybe all three groups will like it.But sometimes mixing two good things means diluting what makes people like them in the first place.

Brawl-For-All is a great example of this. It took away everything essential to wrestling while also taking away skilled technical boxing. You had guys who were never known for boxing pretending like they really knew how. It was a failed concept because not only was Brawl-For-All extremely sad and boring, it also made professional wrestlers look like chumps. Anybody Bart Gunn beat already looked bad because they lost to him in what felt like a weekend boxing class. Then Butterbean came and knocked him out almost immediately making everyone in the tournament look pathetic.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little. Thinking too much about Brawl-For-All does that.

Your idea means you want guys who don't fight an MMA style at all to get some basic training in the style then essentially do a beginners' MMA tournament. Then you want the "winner" to face an MMA champion. And you want this to be a complete shoot. Once again, the wrestlers involved would look like chumps because they're against a highly-trained expert. It might get the MMA guy some exposure, but it likely wouldn't make the TNA look good.

have to agree, the Brawl for All sucked. MMA in small doses worked in WWF and WCW, may appeal to some in crossover but not the majority i think it's safe to say. Spike TV is changing it's programming for the future dumping UFC and TNA due to low ratings.

Stick to wrestling, make wrestling relevant, they struggle to do that as it is what makes you think adding people who aren't wrestlers into the mix is gonna change anything..

and i highly doubt atleast for UFC. Dana White would want anything to do with TNA on a business level, other then maybe leeching people to turn into UFC sideshow freaks. He doesn't want to work with WWE that would make him a shit load more money then they could get doing anything with TNA.

That and what FitFinlay4Life said. Wrestlers aren't generally capable fighters and legit Fighters make lousy wrestlers/entertainers.

Obviously the original poster here does not remember AJ Styles vs. Frank Trigg. It was so awful that to this day I wonder if it was worked, or was shoot-style with rules made to cripple an MMA fighter. To refresh people's memories, Frank Trigg repeatedly took down AJ Styles and didn't do much with him on the ground. For ten minutes they perform this slow motion abortion to the chants of "We want wrestling!"

On that note, how the hell is this idea 'original', when you claim to lift it directly from a failed tournament the WWF did years ago?

This idea would "work", if by "work", you mean "demonstrate that TNA's choreographed performers don't look nearly as graceful nor entertaining in an actual fight." Hell, half of these boards don't know what an actual fight looks like anyways... so maybe it'd work on that account?

I always liked the idea of MMA to bring stuff from pro wrestling and pro wrestling bringing in ideas from MMA. I think it would be great for each other's product but having real fights in pro wrestling would be a bad idea. They could work around something similar but make it pro wrestling. I disagree that AJ-Riggs was bad and also liked the Angle vs Joe shoot match in the six sides of steel. I think something along the way of Angle vs Shamrock in a pro wrestling match(but sold as a semi-shoot) would be great.

I don't like the idea at all, but I understand how you landed on this line of thinking. People like MMA. People like pro wrestling. Some people like both. If we combine them, maybe all three groups will like it.But sometimes mixing two good things means diluting what makes people like them in the first place.

Brawl-For-All is a great example of this. It took away everything essential to wrestling while also taking away skilled technical boxing. You had guys who were never known for boxing pretending like they really knew how. It was a failed concept because not only was Brawl-For-All extremely sad and boring, it also made professional wrestlers look like chumps. Anybody Bart Gunn beat already looked bad because they lost to him in what felt like a weekend boxing class. Then Butterbean came and knocked him out almost immediately making everyone in the tournament look pathetic.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little. Thinking too much about Brawl-For-All does that.

Your idea means you want guys who don't fight an MMA style at all to get some basic training in the style then essentially do a beginners' MMA tournament. Then you want the "winner" to face an MMA champion. And you want this to be a complete shoot. Once again, the wrestlers involved would look like chumps because they're against a highly-trained expert. It might get the MMA guy some exposure, but it likely wouldn't make the TNA look good.

Brawl-For-All was fascinating though. Finaly you could see the guys that were really tough. And the knockouts were awesome. The problems were, first it was booked to fail- wrestling succeeds at being pre-determined to book your most charismatic guys at the top and in this fight you had a low-charism bore like Bart Gunn winning. Secondly you had him go against a real fighter in Butterbeen wich was stupid. But the worst of all this was the arrangements of the fight where it was boxing and takedowns but they had boxing gloves on! This should have been thought off better.

But this should not be attempted again. These are two different mediums(real fights vs show). But like I said, wrestling taking stuff from MMA wouldn't be bad and vice-et-versa.

Brawl for All was cool but took away from the entertainment value. Mixing MMA didn't work for TNA, so why would a cross promition work? I love MMA and wrestling...not together though.

Besides you would have to have Spike commission a deal with an MMA company for it to be cross branded. It would take too long to do it for BFG. Spike isn't looking for MMA last I heard.

This Idea will not work. why? 1) like Azane said MMA fans want fights and wrestling fans want wrestling. Plus wrestlers go out and wrestler 3-5 shows a week, MMA fighter fight once every 4-5 MONTHS. How are you going to convince the MMA fighter to be men and fight every week? Good luck getting the sissies to get off their asses.

I watch wrestling shows for wrestling and not to see guys hug on the ground for 5 minutes until something exciting happens. See, in wrestling even heavyweight matches are a lot faster paced than boring UFC.

TNA needs and original concept like the King of the Mountain match (I am not sure if that is original or not so please don't quote me) or something besides horrid spin offs of what they been doing. Idea sounds good on paper sure but man not in reality.

I'm a huge fan of MMA and wrestling, and I agree they should be kept separate. Comparing MMA to wrestling is like comparing wrestling to Football, there really is no comparison there.

TNA dosn't need a gimmick like this. IMO they struck gold with the BFG tournament, lets keep that momentum going with wrestling. TNA has already brought in big MMA stars like Frank Trigg and Tito Ortiz (and Ken Shamrock?) and TV sucked during that time. Worked MMA matches are terrible. Imagine a worked Hockey game, sounds terrible right? Unless TNA gets two guys like Lashley and Batista to do a no shit real MMA fight on PPV, keep MMA away from TNA.

OT: For everyone saying MMA is boring, it's because you haven't seen a good fight. Look up some good fights like Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonner 1 or Chris Leben vs Akiyama, if those fights don't change your mind nothing will. At very least watch a Lesnar fight, he's the reason I started watching, he's awesome.

have to agree, the Brawl for All sucked. MMA in small doses worked in WWF and WCW, may appeal to some in crossover but not the majority i think it's safe to say. Spike TV is changing it's programming for the future dumping UFC and TNA due to low ratings.

Spike TV is dumping UFC and TNA due to low ratings? Are you fucking slow? TNA and UFC have been pulling Spikes best ratings since being on the channel. Spike didn't dump UFC, UFC dumped Spike for a bigger network and more money. As for TNA, IT'S STILL ON SPIKE! Not only that, but it has the best ratings on the network.

This has to be the biggest piece of garbage, passed of as writing I've ever seen. It's one thing to bash UFC or TNA or both, but to make up untrue "facts" is just idiotic.

I think something along the way of Angle vs Shamrock in a pro wrestling match(but sold as a semi-shoot) would be great.

Thats the way WWF did it, they had Shamrock, they had Dan Severn and a few others including Steve Blackman that was capable of MMA and they had UFC style matches for them backstage in mini 6 sided rings but with extra stipulations like weapons added or pinfalls counted and they did there thing against comparable WWF guys that were legit stiff wrestlers/fighters but the difference there was Shamrock and Severn fit well into the wrestling side of it aswell as the real MMA.

There was still contact but it wasn't full contact and the outcomes were pre-determined

oh and that matchup would be great, who do you think Angle fashioned his style on? Shamrock did the Angle style back in the late 90's when Angle hadn't considered joining ECW/WWE yet.
He did the Rage hulk up, he did the exact same Anklelock and subsequent variations, he didn't do the Angle Slam but he did do front clutch suplexes/belly to belly suplexes and he was Tough and technical just like Angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back