An Original Idea for TNA That May Work

The problem with Brawl For All was it was a legit shoot that was meant to put over Steve Williams. Steve Williams pretty much got buried with this concept by not only losing, but losing to someone who was not due for a big push at that point in Bart Gunn. On top of that, when Bart preceded to win the damn tournament, they had him go in there with Butterbean (Who knew how to Box) and took his ass out in seconds.

Brawl For All was terrible because it buried WAY to many people, a lot of money was lost, injuries were at a high, and people were bitter against each other. If TNA were to go with an MMA/Boxing idea, it has to be predetermined. Otherwise, it'll be a huge failure like Brawl For All where stars could've been made, but weren't.

It's a very unique idea, so kudos for that. That being said, I like wrestling with my wrestling, not a crossover to MMA. It's become really popular in the last few years, but pro wrestling needs to continue being strong and stand on its own two feet. Plus, which MMA promotion is going to dirty itself by teaming up with TNA?

Thats the way WWF did it, they had Shamrock, they had Dan Severn and a few others including Steve Blackman that was capable of MMA and they had UFC style matches for them backstage in mini 6 sided rings but with extra stipulations like weapons added or pinfalls counted and they did there thing against comparable WWF guys that were legit stiff wrestlers/fighters but the difference there was Shamrock and Severn fit well into the wrestling side of it aswell as the real MMA.

There was still contact but it wasn't full contact and the outcomes were pre-determined

oh and that matchup would be great, who do you think Angle fashioned his style on? Shamrock did the Angle style back in the late 90's when Angle hadn't considered joining ECW/WWE yet.
He did the Rage hulk up, he did the exact same Anklelock and subsequent variations, he didn't do the Angle Slam but he did do front clutch suplexes/belly to belly suplexes and he was Tough and technical just like Angle

The problem with Shamrock and Severn/Blackman was that they were too bland these two. And WWF were too shy about pulling the trigger of having Shamrick and Severn go at it.

The best way to do Angle vs Shamrock would be the way TNA did in 2008 with Joe and Angle, it was a fantastic way to do it. Their style was MMA but it was a pro wrestling match. It was so original, I thought. I loved every minute of it.

I think Shamrock has also evolved as a wrestler since his WWF days. I watched tapes of him in early TNA and his style was even more MMA, definitly more real and grounded. There was no rage moment and because of it came out more convincing. I think him against Angle, as long as Kurt doesn't go crazy with areal moves and they keep it grounded...Hell like you said the guys even have the same finisher, it could be damn interesting.

1. It's not original. The idea to cross-promote MMA and professional wresting has been an idea tossed around and certainly pushed by fans of both for a few years now.

2. It won't work. MMA fans are MMA fans. Pro wrestling fans are pro wrestling fans. The reasons the two are so different are vast — in fact, the only real features they share are the fact that both take place in a ring (of sorts) and that both have championships to be won. Nearly every other element of the two sports are at polar ends, despite sharing a number of fans between promotions.

When MMA is being referenced or joked about (see Jeff Jarrett's Double M-A Challenge) it's one thing, but to try to force the spontaneity and overt real physicality into a format that functions entirely on being scripted is just something that will not work. The one is antithetical to the other.

ok guys i had a brillant idea for tna. My idea for them is simply to bring back a forgotten bout tournament and tweak it a bit. Which one would they bring back u ask? My idea would be they bring back the brawl for all, only they would tweak it to make it mma rules im guessing they could/should use the ring still though. My idea would be they would do a crossover promotion with a Mma organization and fight one of there champions at bound for glory, kinda like when bart gunn fought butterbean. It would be shoot style rules no winner predetermined the toughest man gets a mma fight at bound for glory. Now why do a tournament like this? Its actually quite simple wwe is way bigger than tna so why not do something wwe hasnt done yet? Tna would do the first cross promotional match with a mma organization and the superstar for tna who was in it would be more well known as well as tna. Wat does everyone think of that and i used punctuation so please do not bitch bout it

:lmao::lmao: Are you insane? WWE, WCW and TNA already tried that and it failed miserably ( see Brawl for all, see Tank Abbott in WCW, see Jeff Jarrett vs Angle). So #1, its not a original idea and # 2, thank god you are not a wrestling promoter, because the wrestling world would be in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back