• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An Old School Game Reinvented: Strider!

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
[YOUTUBE]2ZPKnAbRU-U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oWJTA-AmCF0[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome trailer and quite an awesome look. Though I'm surprised the graphics seem to be out of Marvel vs Capcom 3 given the game it's slated for the next gen consoles as well. Regardless, its great to see a classic like this make a comeback. Its amazing to see how far videogames have come in comparison with the game that originally debuted in '89.

Now if we could get the same thing with the Blue Bomber too....

I'm pretty stoked for this, got a brilliant retro vibe from the gameplay trailer and that's cool for the hack n slash/beat em up/badass genre.
That being said, a part of me is a little dissapointed that it's still in 2d form, it just always seemed to me that strides of all games would be able to jump to the third dimension flawlessly.
That and something about the running animation seems just kinda off in a way, but that's easily balanced out by how gorgeous the cape looks in motion - it's almost hypnotic in a way.

I'll keep an eye on it, it looks like fun, and I like fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back