• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An IWC Creative Team (Kayfabe) on a WWE Show...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tors Hall Rule

Straight Hedge(HOG)
Well a couple of hours back, I posted a thread on the IWC traits (WHICH I DO NOT KNOW HOW, BUT I GUESS IT HAS DISAPPEARED FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.. PLEASE ANY MODERATOR TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO IT)... But I was thinking along some of the posts how VKM and his team doesn't give a shit about IWC... What if they do...

Now hear me out and kindly don't bash me.. What if, VKM comes out and say that he has been hearing of a group who wants to take WWE by storm and that they are going to turn the world upside down.. For a few weeks we have cryptic promos and everything... One day, this group is revealed.. And it turns out to be, A GROUP OF 4-5 NERDS.. I mean those oily haired, bespectacled, beer belly ones.. They are given a seat along side commentators as they preview each match.. After that they comment on that and speak the exact things that people here bitch about...

Imagine the scenarios...

1) John Cena is called a fruity pebble by a big fat slob.
2) Orton is told to cut down the pounding because the IWC is irritated by them..
3) Zack Ryder comes out to a match with, lets say, Chris Masters or Evan Bourne and they all stand up and applaud and say that he should be in the WWE Championship match next PPV...

For me, that scenario would make people believe that he does not care about IWC at all and gives them a big F-U.. Also it would give some goofy moments, better than Santino anyways, and would bring more entertainment into the PG Product...

Agree with me, Give Me A HELL YEAH!!

I jokingly came up with an idea along these lines in the IWC bitch machine thread. My idea was more along the lines of a stable made up of kayfabe armchair WWE fans (in reality a group of unknown wrestlers/managers). They try to take over and run either Raw or Smackdown.

Also, I don't mean to be confrontational, but your idea is ridiculous. It would a PR nightmare for WWE. The cold, hard fact is that he really doesn't care. He's selling his product and he's making money.

The most effective way he can tell the IWC to f-off is to ignore it.

Secondly, I don't want my enjoyment of watching WWE to be ruined by some silly scenario that 95% of wrestling fans won't understand.

Also, I don't mean to be confrontational, but your idea is ridiculous. It would a PR nightmare for WWE. The cold, hard fact is that he really doesn't care. He's selling his product and he's making money.

The most effective way he can tell the IWC to f-off is to ignore it.

Secondly, I don't want my enjoyment of watching WWE to be ruined by some silly scenario that 95% of wrestling fans won't understand.

No such thing like confrontational man.. Just like I said in the IWC post.. We all are entitled to our opinion.. But is should be for the betterment of the product and not the complaints and bitching part.. So no worries.. And in any case, its just a fun fantasy thread.. Nothing like I WANT it to happen.. :)

And also thanks for telling me the location of that wretched thread...

But seriously, I would love to see a big dick johnson type of guy saying that Cena is a Yabba Dabba Bitch.. I can dream, cant I...??? ;)

Eh...if you wanted to do that on Superstars, or some other show that just airs on the internet, that'd be one thing. But Raw or SD!? No effing way.

If they were funny or had thoughts that were meaningless or good, that'd be one thing, but from everything I've seen, the IWC is incapable of that. If you truly wanted to reflect the IWC, they'd have to hate absolutely everything and change their mind about what should be done constantly. It'd be a train wreck.

This is a stupid idea for roughly one million reasons, and as much as I would love to sit here and list every single one of them, I won't. I will, however, list as many obvious ones as I can be arsed to mention,

1. The IWC have no idea what they want. (eg, 'we' love/hate Orton, Christian/Miz/Jomo/Sheamus/DiBiase/McIntyre/Truth etc)
2. The IWC is too easily bored (Cena and Orton have both been champs for less than a month and somehow, without either of them having a chance to defend their titles, we're already bored of them)
3. The IWC ideas would make NO money (Christian as champion? Really? Could ask the same for JoMo)
4. We can't be trusted to create fueds (seriously, I saw a thread on here saying Cena should fued with Kevin Nash!! Need I say more?)
5. Like it or not, we, the IWC are a minority audience. Vince knows that to make money, he has to appeal to the masses, not the minorities.

I could carry on, but it's time for sleep. I might add to this list in the morning

The IWC is die-hard fans who love pro wrestling with all their heart and soul, but they're a niche market. Vince wants a bigger audience than that, and that's why he rewrote the book on how to put on a wrestling show.

What the IWC wants would be fine for a promotion like ROH or even TNA, but not WWE. Vince wants the world, and to get that universal appeal he created a product with a lot more glitz and a lot less substance - but it sells, and that's all that matters.

yeah idk about that. the iwc sucks ass. they hype up people who dont get a fair shot and then turn on them as soon as they get their shot.they complain for 7 years about the rock leaving and he comes back and now the iwc is bored with him. they are turning on the miz, slowly but surely. they turned on orton, the hate for cena has gone over the top. they could never be in charge. cause in a way they look for any chance to criticize the product. nothing makes them happy. they will never be satisfied.
and why would vince leave the iwc in charge when the iwc is part of the websites that provide spoilers and hurt their product in the long run.

They are given a seat along side commentators as they preview each match.. After that they comment on that and speak the exact things that people here bitch about...

There wouldn't be a moment that these nerds wouldn't bitch about. You have to remember the IWC have never completely agreed on, well, anything. That's because the IWC is made up of individuals, it's not some smark unit that all agree on the same thing. The IWC is you and me. Sad but true. If there were 4 guys at ringside and 2 of them made it clear they were pulling for ex. Zach Ryder, than the other two would either say he needs to be future endeavored or go back to Superstars to keep that interesting. There is no pleasing the IWC as a whole.

I like your idea in a campy way, but Vince also knows that having these smarks on his show would be bad bad bad for business. One, because to say "so and so needs a push" is breaking kayfabe. And that's the last thing WWE, or wrestling in general, need more of. I like WWE to be at least somewhat believable, with their zombie Undertakers and their "little underdog beats giant" storylines. And another reason it would be bad is because what the demographic is now. Can you imagine being a kid again and have a group of people calling your favorite superstar overrated? I know it doesn't bother us at our ages now but man go tell a child that and that sure as shit will hurt their feelings. Vince doesn't want the kids to stop watching, so he wouldn't hire a group of people (regardless of how parodized they are) just to talk shit about the children's superheroes like John Cena and Rey Mysterio.

We may get a few laughs in, but the product will suffer because of it.

I dont understand this idea. It is like some sort fantasy and random thing that a member of an IWC can only come up with.

First of all The IWC do not know jack shit about wrestling. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Seriously, just because a guy who've been watching wrestling sitting in their couch each and every week since the 80s doesnt mean he knows the buisness.

They see a guy like John morrison and swagger with in ring talent and automatically believe hes the star EVEN THOUGH they have no charisma, and mic skill and are no attraction.

I agree the IWC do get bored easily. There was a thread made couple weeks ago disccusing about the rocks promo being stale. EXCUSE ME? If a guy like the rock cant entertain you ppl with his promo then nobody can. And these IWC ppl are the same fanboy who praise the mic skill of wade barrette and dolph ziggler. Even to the point they made up excuses trying to defend that horrendous promo between jomo and rtruth. They are really contradicted

I think the best way to stick it to the "IWC" is to continue to ignore them. Or is it us? I mean lets take a look at what "IWC" means- Internet Wrestling Community. We like wrestling, we have an internet connection, and we post opinions about wresting on a platform that other individuals can also comment on- a "forum," on the internet. The IWC is a non-entity, it really is bunch of people who like professional wrestling enough to talk about it in their free time. They're not some new demographic or a force to be reckoned with, or (most importantly) someone who has insight to the "business," they are a term applied by people who see themselves in this "community" and feel special by it.

In the grand scope of things, what gets posted on these and other forums like these aren't weight bearing opinions. They are just thoughts and gripes that are put out for other people with thoughts and gripes to respond to. Any business that made decisions that pleased commentators online would not be a very successful one.

So, my friends who believe they belong to the "IWC" I want you to keep the discussions ongoing, keep speaking your mind, it gives me a way to kill time when I ditch work (which is very difficult to do in the Army) but know this- no one who actually matters really gives a fuck about your opinions.

BTW- that idea is hilarious.

Very bad idea for business, could see how it would be funny. But people are right the best way to tell us to mind our own business is to ignore us.

Although I can picture Vince Russo looking at this thread now and thinking "ZOMG GREAT EFFING IDEA!!!, THIS WILL TURN TNA AROUND"

If such a thing ever took place, then the show that the IWC comprised creative team was on would probably be cancelled within the span of a few months. Just because a, comparatively speaking, handful of fans believe that Zack Ryder is World Championship material doesn't mean that the vast majority of the audience is going to share that sentiment and that's what you're going to have to go by. If you put out something that turns off the majority of your audience, they're liable to change the channel to something else.

The IWC, for one thing, isn't this entity that operates with a collective hive mind. You have some net fans that want wrestling only, you have some that want almost entirely promo segments only, you have some that are only fans of spot monkeys & spotfest matches, you have some that are really only into hardcore matches with blood & tables & all that about, you have some that have very specific criteria for what makes "good wrestling" & shit all over something if it doesn't EXACTLY meet that criteria and it just goes on and on. Why do you think there are so many complaints about the WWE among the IWC? Because no matter what happens, a significant portion isn't going to be satisfied no matter what direction the WWE goes in.

I think one of the single biggest problems that afflicts the IWC in general is that too many of us forget the fact that WWE isn't run like a fantasy league. Too many of us try to ignore that or, to some degree, claim that it's irrelevant no matter how ridiculously stupid that argument is. WWE is a business and like any business, the goal is to make money. Why has John Cena been in the World Championship picture in the WWE for so long? Simple, because the man makes the WWE a lot of money. The simple truth of the matter is that the vast majority of us net fans don't have the first clue about what it takes to run a wrestling company. And please, spare me the IWC bullshit about WWE not being a "wrestling" company. We all know it is, we all know that's what everyone is always going to see in WWE first and foremost no matter how much Vince wants people to see wrestling in a different light, so please don't make yourself look stupid by trying to play at word games and semantics.

The WWE doesn't pay that much attention to the IWC and why should they? Honestly, why should they listen to people that say Shelton Benjamin should have been World Champion? Why should they listen to people that believe John Cena is a bad pro wrestler just because he doesn't do little flippy flops all over the place? They shouldn't because these view points, and many others, are opinions that the majority of WWE's audience doesn't share. Oh and also, let's not pull the bullshit with WWE audience only being kids. It's a weak, lame argument that has no validity to it. All you have to do is read the ratings information for Raw or SD! on any given week and you'll find that the vast majority of the audience is comprised of adult males.

My feel on the IWC, as it pertains to the ''Wanting the push'', then when they recieve said push ''Destroy what they created''

Its pathetic, and has been the bane of the existence of the suppose IWC for years.

People, for some ungodly reason, feel Zach Ryder, has ANY kind of potential to be a champion of either show, yet, I guarantee, if they did it, they'd boo him.

They did it to Miz. Orton, was always hated in ways, though got some people on his side ONLY because of their lack of liking Cena, which is false love anyway

They are going to do it to Mistico, they did it to bourne, Kofi, Shelton, The IWC doesn't exist, its just hypocrites behind keyboards.

It would probably be something WCW would of done towards the end or maybe TNA.

The IWC doesn't exist in my world.. it's just the same as Punk or Grunge as in yeah it exists but only to those who care about being part of a group.. it's just a collection of individual people with ideas and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back