• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An Honest Opinion: The All American...American

i like swagger, i find him funny, although i hated his world title run because of the damn booking, he had one of the major heats i have ever seen as champion, sure he had a mix between valid heat and xpac heat, but he had the people respond to him every time he went out there...

you can't blame the title run entirely on him because the booking was horrible, like any other heel at that time the big show destroyed him time and time again and took away most of his heat, because he wasn't a credible heel after the losses. He was a credible heel early in his run after beating edge and jericho in a triple threat and after that beating randy orton, but after that two wins it was all losing for him, losing to kofi and morrison this wasn't really a problem because if you remember correctly CM Punk lost to morrison 3 times in his second title reign. the impact that hurt him the most was that he was made to look like a jackass(sid anyone?) by the big show, embarrassing him every week and they made clear that swagger didn't even had a chance against him, so it was easy to drop the title after that to misterio...

All in all, he is good in the ring, lacks charisma and personality, but nowadays what wrestler doesn't, even the main eventers lack personality like orton, so no, this isn't a really strong factor when you are evaluating Swagger, i think in the end that the kurt angle gimmick (moves and attire) hurt him more than they help him, because he isn't kurt angle and he can' talk like angle, so it reminds everyone how bad he is compared to angle...

Swagger's a good wrestler theirs no doubt about that but he's never done anything that's got me excited about him.

I can agree with that. I think it's possible to like him, but not enough to want to see him at the top of the card.

Conversely, it's possible to dislike him, but not enough to get too excited when the good guy really puts him in his place.

I enjoy his technical wrestling ability, although sometimes it almost seems at odds with his heel persona........you usually don't expect a bad guy to do anything but brawl. Fortunately, guys like Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit were able to carve a niche as heels who performed intricate maneuvers, paving the way for guys like Swagger, who continues their legacy, albeit less effectively.

In all, I like Jack exactly where he is now; at the middle of the card, working in tandem with someone else, and making trouble for some poor face.

The main problem is that he does not evoke any reaction from the crowd. The crowd does not have any reason to cheer or boo him. Any heat he gets is due to his association with Vickie, not due to his own actions. He should have a more profound character be attacking more guys and showing a mean vicious streak. He has the build for it and can surely pull it off.

As for his mic skills, they are certainly below average and he should continue to rely on Vickie and Ziggler for it.

Swagger is a big guy that I think is a talented wrestler. But in this entertainment day and age I think he is in trouble. He will never be able to cut a ruthless promo on anyone or cut any promo. No one will ever take the guy serious. If they can ever figure out how to do it with keeping a mic 10 feet away from him then they would be rolling in dough from the guy. He has good size/look, and is very agile for a big man. They should not of allowed the guy to speak from the get go. They should of built him into a wrestling machine who is all business from the very beginning, kind of like a modern day Chris Benoit but without the intensity.

In the end I think the guy is doomed to forever be a mid card jobber or end up a comedy act in WWE as much as it pains me to say.

I think the best bet may be for them to bring up another FCW wrestler and put him in a permanent team. Preferably someone who can work the mic. Swagger can carry the brunt of the in ring work and this person could carry the mic work.

Swagger never grew on me, I'm not ruling out the possibility, just wanting to see more of what's to come out of him and Ziggler together with Vicki. I don't think turning him face will do any better, he just has "permanent midcard" fixture across his forehead.

Just a Wasted championship reign Mcmahon tried something out which clearly didnt work Swagger cashed the title in way too quick didnt get any build up at all and his title run has just been forgotten about its even quite rare where i hear the commentators calling him a former world champion and they mention Zigglers reign which lasted all of an hour. but i can see him being in WWE for a long run i think Swaggers a good heel but he needs to be built up correctly before he goes into the main even picture. but for now i just see him as a mid carder and Zigglers just going to be put in the main even picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back